Itt post directors with mostly flawless records

Itt post directors with mostly flawless records.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U5pBZKj1VnA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>the films of Wes Anderson
>enjoying them

only have one good films, the life aquatic

Now after he fixed them, his movies are truly flawless

Name one bad one

>inb4 muh numale director

What is
>The Life Aquatic
>Fantastic Mr. Fox
>Moonrise Kingdom
>Grand Budapest Hotel
>The Royal Tenenbaums

Kieslowski.

Not him but The darjeeling limited was pretty mediocre imo. Not horrible just forgettable.

You are right. Honestly Darjeeling is probably his worst film. But its not flat out bad, just average and forgettable, and he has more than enough other very good films to make up for it.

Can't think of any with something like a spotless record. Name Wes' best work, I've just watched The Life Aquatic and The Darjeeling Limited, they didn't really seem anything more than quirky to me.

>mostly flawless
James Cameron.

Kiarostami never made a film short of amazing.

Watch Budapest and Moonrise

What about that black WW2 movie?

This. From "Where Is My Friend's House?" to "The Wind Will Carry Us" he was on fire.

GOAT: Tenenbaums, Rushmore, Budapest
Excellent: Moonrise, Bottle Rocket, Mr. Fox
Ok: Zissou
Poor: Darjeeling

Kubrick

He said mostly, not 50%

>GOAT
>Rushmore

NO

this and david fincher

Killer's kiss, Spartacus

>fincher
Benjamin Button was pretty stupid

And Social Network fucking banal and pointless for anyone born after 1990.

shut up

PTA > Wes

Darjeeling was no worse than Zissou, it's just that it's about travelling to India, which most people have no relation to. I've been to India, and the movie struck true with me.

95 here and the social network is one of my favorite movies. Nice try

Why does Wes Anderson trigger Sup Forums so much?

>Mr Fox isn't in GOAT

to be tbqh famm

make way for the GOAT director of the 21st century

>no

Only one bad movie. Two incredible movies. Two really successful movies.

>No relation to travelling to india
>Have relation to going on underwater adventure to kill a shark and kill pirates along the way

He has no good movies tho

>coen brothers
>not yet ITT
You've let me down for the last time, Sup Forums

terry gilliam

Stanley Kubrick
Wim Wenders

Forgot to add Tarkovsky and Malick

He's made some really bad movies

fear and loathing is shit

Adapt the book hack but brilliant Cinemotagrapher and Director. Even Eyes Wide Shut was based on a book (Traumnovelle). Dr Strangelove is his only original full length feature.

Bump

Tenenbaums is my go to comfy movie. It must be the colour palette and the settings that I find really relaxing.

Always leaves you with a bittersweet aftertaste, which is what Wes does best.

If you've traveled or lived in a country with a lot of Indians you'll love Darjeeling, I think it's amazing.

>Not having Rushmore on the list

BEST: The Darjeeling Limited
WORST: Bottle Rocket
FAVORITE: The Life Aquatic
OVERRATED: Grand Budapest Hotel
UNDERRATED: The Darjeeling Limited

It isn't tho. Dr strangelove is based on a book titled Red Alert.

terminal and kingdom of the crystal skull can't be forgiven

last film was bubblegum and candy overload tb h

except for no end, spot on
word, keeps getting better too
>what is hail cesar
this guy gets it

there's literally nothing wrong with being an adapt the book hack

Would like to agree, but they get outsted kinda due to how prolific they are.

Like, they probably have more great films than anyone else named in this thread. But, theyve had some pretty bad/meh ones too (ladykillers, hail! Caesar, intolerable cruelty) so they dont really fit "flawless".

except for the fact that adaptations are not really pure cinema, original ideas are always better, not even talking about plot here

>UNDERRATED: The Darjeeling Limited
Having a few brothers probably makes me enjoy this one more than others but it's still underrated.

>what is >mostly
And hail, Caesar is comfy anyway. A little boring, sure, but Tatum gives a good performance. It accomplished what it set out to do, which wasn't much, admittedly.

Damien Chazelle of La La Land

>whiplash
>la la land
no

yea rushmore was pretty baller

>No Country

I dont think so buddy

>what is apocalypto
I've not seen his other movies but that movie at least is billions, gajillions of times better than anything Wes "Quirky" Dickface has ever made

Wes Anderson is the stuff of nightmares. He takes all the humanity away from his characters and turns them into puppets in a whacky colored, almost artificial world.

Not even that user you are replying to, but I completely disagree. Anderson has several movies I would say are better than anything Gibson has made. Including Apocolypto

I really liked pretentious movie #1, Pretentious movie #2 and #3 were ok but Pretentious movie #4 really sucked

Well, you're wrong. Enjoy being a cuck though.

Jej.

This

That scene where Owen Wilsons character asks the other 2 "do you think we could have been friends in real life, if we weren't brothers?"

That kills me

Is moonrise kingdom any good? I'm kind of hesitant to invest as I don't know if I'll like it

I really enjoyed Royal Tenanbaums, Grand Budapest Hotel and Darjeeling Limited though

Paul Thomas Anderson. Hasn't made a crap film yet.

Iron Pussy was fucking terrible

yea bro u just need to turn off ur brain

Burn After Reading was rubbish

Paul Anderson is better though

>enjoy being a cuck

Kek. Now I see why you think Gibson is better. Fucking pathetic.
How are they pretentious?

>Not knowing Burn After Reading is the Coen's best film

ISHYGDDT

kys

Never post in a thread I'm reading again.

you realize pretentious is just a buzzword for something that goes over your head, right?

Scorsese

The guy who made Fight Club.

The Departed sucked

braindead contrarian

You'll love it if you liked those other three. It's admittedly a little campier (not just because it's about boy scouts lol) and the love story is a bit sappy. Really neat characters and funny dialogue from Edward Norton.

Calling Anderson pretentious for making geniune movies, praising a movie that got everything wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=U5pBZKj1VnA

Half the movies he made before Smiles of a Summer Night are mediocre as fuck

I haven't seen Little Odessa or Lost City of Z yet, but everything else is at least 8/10

>Sup Forums has degraded so far that now people unironically say "i enjoy the films of wes anderson"

He represents a "twee" style that I usually dislike, but I usually end up liking Anderson's movies a lot because I actually do get involved with the characters. The dialogue is very stylized, but imo the character arcs/relationships are usually very well done and effective.

?

>Mr. Fox isn't in the Fantastic tier

>Hunger
>Shame
>12 Years a Slave