HOLD THE FUCK UP your ship is filled with over 2000 people and you got a random signal from a planet you didnt even...

HOLD THE FUCK UP your ship is filled with over 2000 people and you got a random signal from a planet you didnt even know exist you dont know it's terrain or atmosphere instead of going to the planet you know 100% about and sending back the info about the random planet to the fucking company you go to a random planet WHY and noone not MOTHER or walter WTF IS THIS SHIT

It's a glorified slasher flick, even the advertising boasted that it was a "smart" one

tbqh once they found the new planet they knew as much about it as they did the one they were going to

& how were they going to settle a planet without knowing what possible kinda of pathogens animals or insects could cause them harm let just jump out the ship and play in the water and go hiking

these fuckers took samples of watch to test it but didnt check for air pathogens did they company say these fuckers were expandable so send them to be the 1st lab rats

on fucking earth just touching the wrong plant can fuck you up but these cunt gone on a different planet found a space ship and poke a fucking mushroom

breh, it's make believe. You can ask the same questions about the planet the initially intended to colonize.

Scott should just retire, don't you think?

This is true, the problem is the following:

You are in charge of a settler colony of x amount of people all in cryostasis completely under your responsibility.

1. Do u settle planet A as instructed by your superiors (downside is you have to go into cryostasis again and you'll feel sick when you get out again for a bit)

Or

2. Do you settle planet B, which was mysteriously undetected before, with the mysterious signal which appeared after a random almost-catastrophic space incident (upside is you don't have to feel sick again from waking up from a cryostasis the 2nd time)

Keep in mind that 2000+ lives are at stake

What do you do Sup Forums?

so they send a ship to colonized a a planet they never set foot HOW BOUT SENDING A FUCKING SCIENCE TEAM WITH HELMETSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS 10 years before every fucking one EVEN THE FUCKING ROBOT HAD A HELMET but the people who hold 2000+ human live in their hands dont get helmets why because we need to give faggots jump scares and action fuck this dogshit people calling scifi FUCK THIS SHIT

a white christian male was in charge no surprise it went to shit

This. the premise it's ver similar to interstellar.

They just knew the original planet was somewhat adapt for human life and when they discover the Engineer's planet, they knew the exact same things after the first scan.
They didnt know what they would find precisely on both of the planets until they arrived.

So they decided to try the closest one

you're saying it as if human life is a precious resource. Maybe they treat these colonizing missions as suicide missions, as in if they make it, great, they're gonna start a new life there and never come back. And if they don't make it, oh well.

>tfw she will never go on a date with me
how can i cope with this feeling, bros?

3. I go take a closer look at planet B and see if it's worth it.

Literally what they did

because the planet was like a week away, instead of 7 fucking years. also it was undiscovered. they couldve been the new columbus heroes.

she literally says that and gets an answer. you kids and your adhd I swear...

Because they didn't want to go back into the stasis pods.

they need to hit at those things in the series if so min the first 2 aliens they made it clear of meaning less human lives was to the company does the androids or mother do anything to show that here no these fuckers need to complete their world before dumping a movie now its up to fans of the series to fillin the mystery box

exactly.

hehehe lel.

The box, THE BOX

if they already hit on those things then why bring it up again.

Fucking stop nit picking every little thing like if your autism depended on it and learn to enjoy shit.

It's just a movie you autistic fuck.

>researching planet for 10 years
>distress signal from 2 minutes ago
yea basically the same

to some its not to some its an escape into another world an escape from this reality & the better that world is fleshed they more they can escape from this one

may sound desperate and autistic but so much people live fore the escape

dont worry, there are plenty girls out there as ugly as her

Yeah checking out mysterious space signals in person is surely a good idea for a settler colony crew

What could go wrong

>Alien
>crew is essentially truckers and not trained scientists
>wears suits when exploring the planet they land on

>Alien: Covenant
>crew full of trained scientists
>not even the woman who was against exploring the new planet in the first place suggests wearing suits

What did Ridley mean by this?

that the thing that makes are so appealing so isnt that generic how bimbo her lack of hotness make her more appealing and adds character

>that the thing that makes HER so appealing SHE isnt that generic how bimbo her lack of hotness make her more appealing and adds character

My main issue with them going to a different planet is how the fuck is anyone meant to know that they are there?

They'd probably never be in touch with Earth or other humans ever again.

There's probably resupplies and a communications plan for Oragami-6 in place that is now completely wasted.

their scans showed that the new planet had a more habitable atmosphere than where they were going. The "research" they'd gathered in those 10 years probably wasn't extensive.

>they did know its terrain and atmosphere
>the dilemma of checking out this planet or going on with their journey is addressed
>they have a very legitimate reason to be pretty spooked about going back in the sleeping pods (namely their captain got burned alive in his because of a random incident that may or may not happen again and they have no way to predict it)
You're a fucking idiot.

>Personality types in the Martian; Interstellar; Prometheus; Covenant
Millennials in space.

>They'd probably never be in touch with Earth or other humans ever again.
Sending messages to earth takes approximately 1.5 years, as evidenced by the final lines in the movie spoken by David.

I don't like her nipples

slow down net time

> TRANSLATION they need to hint at those things int he first 2 aliens they made it clear how meaningless human life was to the company does the androids or mother do anything to show that here

>instead of going to the planet you know 100% about
wrong, they know as much from the original planet as they do about the newly discovered one. you can't do tests until arrival

They were 100% that the david planet had some weird shit going on

>technology is at the point where they are able to scan entire solar systems, down to a planets topography and environment in seconds even though they are light years away

want dick?

also, in 1. risk constant risk of catastrophic failure killing everyone on board, for another 7 years, or reduce that risk to a few weeks and test the new planet before settling, even potentially abandoning it and returning to the original plan if it doesn't pan out

Fair point.

hearing a human voice singing a human song on an alien planet is weird, yes, but not weird enough to not check it out.

All of this. Now, my real problem with the movie is that they went traipsing all over the surface of the planet with no hazard protection, the lazy writers could have had the characters follow protocol and still found a smarter way for them get infected. Even Prometheus got that much right.

This. The intro was pretentious as fuck too.

>my real problem with the movie is that they went traipsing all over the surface of the planet with no hazard protection
That one can sort of be blamed on the movie skipping over too much shit for pacing reasons and whatnot. Apparently, the novelization has Walter going out first to confirm that there are no dangerous substances or any kind of pathogen in the air. That's still not a great way to handle this but better than what ended up in the movie.

Anyone recall the relay time for the correspondence between Nostromo and the Company? Also I saw Alien 3 recently and the prison planet was receiving responses from Earth pretty quickly. I'll take my answers off the air. :)

Its was total bullshit. Fassbender was the only good thing about it but he needed people to kill I guess.

he a spic

>Their Ship was not equip to handle a neutrino blast
>This caused major malfunctions across the board and killed their captain and more than 2 dozen other passengers
>They still have 7 years to go in cryosleep where they are susceptible to another neutrino blast or worse
>The only thing they can do is patch up the ship and take the chance it doesn't happen again
>They find a transmission leading to a planet that has better conditions than the planet they were originally going to
>The new Captain decides to CHECK the planet that's only a week or so away because if its better suitable then they can settle there and avoid 7 years in cryosleep where something could go wrong again.

That's what was going on. Not that hard to follow. If they went down to the ground, the two guys got infected and died without the shuttle getting destroyed they would have bolted out of there. They did go full retard and not wear suits but apparently that was because of Walter in the novelization.

What they should have fucking done is have the suits on and made David fuck with them. Capture one of them for his experiments and unleashed those Neomorphs on the crew and sabotaging their shuttle. That would have been a better way to have done it rather than extreme incompetence from the landing crew.

Alien 3 takes place about 60 years after Alien. Remember Ripley was in cryo for a long time after Alien. So maybe the means of communicating advanced way more meaning that it could have taken way less time to transmit a message to Earth.

He's a spanish person in custody?

But OP... WE PROLLY JUST MISSED THE PLANET ON THE SCAN EVERYTHING IS FINE, THERE IS NO WAY THIS IS A TRAP.

>THERE IS LITERALLY NO REASON NOT TO GO THERE HURR DURRRRRRRRR OK ILL ALSO PUT MY FACE NEAR THIS POD FOR YOU ROBOT WHO WAS NEARLY JUST MAKING OUT WITH A HORRIFIC ALIEN WHO JUST KILLED ONE OF MY CREW MEMBERS. IM SECOND IN COMMAND... IM LITERALLY THE SECOND CHOICE FOR CAPTAIN AFTER FRANCO.

let the mystery be

Fag

#1 pic related formally protested the ships diversion

#2 They didn't want to be another James Franco fried Ham n' Egg sandwich by going back into cryosleep.

Sire going off course was kinda dumb but it was the least of the films problems since the movie does explain why they did it and acknowledges that it wasn't the best decision to make.

let me risk the lives of 2000+ humans to go look for my wife ohh her second in command do you also want to risk the lives of 2000+ people to save some assholes who are expendable MOTHER take us in a storm to die

in aliens 2 they shat all over ripley for destroying a mining shit why dont they have anything inplace to stop assholes from fucking up a colony show

company policy, their bonus situation had been disgust off screen.

because colonizing missions are like fun hobbies and mining shit brings in the CA$H

Is that a suit?

I assumed Covenant's xeno was 100% CGI.

And in that movie it was a stupid idea that got people killed too. Plus, I think they dud know more about spot A, but the argument was B had better matching conditions from what the magic space scanner would show, but all else was unknown.

Do yo do it by taking no biohazard precautions either, and spaz out and not give full info in a medical crises like they did too?

While that may be a plausable reason, it's still a really dumb one. Think of a venus mission where you have all the math and means to get there, but decide to go to mars instead just for a looksie

Yeah, the response was mostly built on the fact the pods are scary. When the woman who saw her lover burn alive in one has the balls to brave it for the mission, it's a very weak argument.

Was this form to weak as a hatchling that why he change it

Why didn't the director just make the whole movie take place on the planet they were going to originally

I'll take what is space travel for 500 please.

>Is that a suit?
>I assumed Covenant's xeno was 100% CGI.

It was a mixture from what I've seen. Like suits and practical effects and touched up with CGI in post.

Wait a minute.

I find a similarity between character pic related and the boyfriend of Shaw in Prometheus. Both were driven by religious ideas.

The new character in Covenant talks all the time about destiny and religion and he decides to go to the unknown planet based in religious faith.

The irony is that both character ended fucking up the situation.

What is Scott trying to say with this characters driven by religion in a world of science?

What is the message here?

That religion is stupid and makes people do stupid things based in delusional ideas??

Is an anti-religion message?

>it raises its hands and smiles

jesus fucking christ people unironically think this shit is good?

Why the fuck are space explorers in whatever century this is so fucking incompetent?

They really fucked it up then, it was one of the less realistic looking portrayals in the series.

Everything moved way too fast.

>entire movie
>Benny Hill music playing in my head

Seconded. The idea of going to teraform a place, but finding evidence of life wiped out by a robo sounds way better really.

Agreed. The pictures from the set look amazing too. Looks like they almost did a The Thing (2011).

If they were competent the events in the movie would never have happened.

Really when you apply that logic to screenplays it should tell you that you have a weak screenplay. Unless of course the characters are explicitly meant to be incompetent, but I didn't get the sense of that, they just happened to be incompetent.

this movie is all over the started off with cosmic horror weyland seeking meaning in a meaningless universe after he created life who has no meaning

to Prometheus with humans have meaning you were created for a reason you are special lets go find why we was created

to this shit where everything is about us the engineers created us we created david david created aliens go back to the fucking cosmic horror where we are children in the universe

At least in fucking Marvel garbage its always some super powerful being wanting to destroy the Earth. These people, all of them deserved to die due to their own stupidity.

Hey ripley you had a loder i have a fucking crane

>people actually defending this shitty ass plot

DID walter lose the fight will david

DID walter give into david cause he was lying about no feeling what david felt did he kill david and take on his work ????

Though the scene where David annihilates the engineers was visually pleasing, I hated it. When you first watch Alien and you see the space jockey in the pilot room, he looks fossilised. And you think he's been there for millions of years. A remnant of a long gone civilization that you're very unlikely to ever find in the immensity of the universe.

And when you look at what the ship was carrying, the eggs, you realize the ship was some sort of "bomber", carrying a biological weapon. Perhaps the civilization wiped itself during a catastrophic war.

Now all of that is scraped. Engineers are still there but for some reason they stopped colonizing planets or whatever. The aliens were created by a fucking robot. What a shit show this movie is.

They should have done something with David. He was obviously aware a shuttle came down. We should have some scenes with the scientists in the ground, all fine and dandy investigating the crash site and the local area. Have David shoot up one of the woman or the man taking samples with a bit of that black goo to create the Neomorph. Maybe at the shuttle with the girl that was alone and sabotage the shuttle in secret and create the Neomorph from here.

They didn't have to rely on making the crew incompetent. If instead it was David pulling the strings in secret while getting them to trust him by taking them to the Necropolis so he can further fuck with them and create the Xeno it would have been better in my opinion.

Christ, please learn English soon
Every one of your posts is a nonsensical run-on sentence

Nah it was still David, Walter is basically a more basic model. David is Peter Weyland's personal replicant, a purely custom job similar to Deckard and K.

During their fight, I was expecting David to comment on why Walter was losing the fight. Yes, Waster was a more recent model, faster and stronger, but he lacked what David had. The capacity for "creation", improvization. And that was what gave David the edge.

Unfortunate that they didn't choose to portray it that way.

Why is K so fucking autistic compared to Deckard?

This is how it ends we dont know shit about the engineers we know the shitty origin about about the aliens We got no fucking answers for WHY anything and it just ends

There's no reason to believe that. The promo for the first film paints David as an assembly line product just like Walter.

The opening of Covenant is just Weyland getting a feel for the prototype. Speaking of which, why is Weyland so young there? David would have had to be in production for decades, which is understandable, but he looks more or less complete when the movie starts. Was David in service for half a century before the events of Prometheus?

That scene with all the glass in zero gravity looks fucking amazing in cinema, cam doesn't do it an ounce of justice.

Why won't he make a muslim captain that blows up the ship

>Young man in an old man mask was indeed a young man in an old man mask, even in universe
The ultimate ruse!

If the black goo didn't affect plant life why didn't they just use the spores?

Unclear. Was that David even the same David?
Maybe he was, and was the first prototype.

Deleted scene in Prometheus showed a younger Weyland making a TED talk about creating life. Probably took him a few years to do it. And he probably spent years inside a hibernation chamber and lived to be 250+ all along better models were made.

Since he did call that David his son, it was probably him all along, and earlier prototype, or first model off the line.

>If the black goo didn't affect plant life
Reminder that there was life, at least plant life on earth before the engis came and they only affected animal/human life creation. There was oxygen that they could breath in the opening scene in Prometheus, it wasn't two billion years ago, maybe it wasn't even on earth.

Why does everyone assume it was Earth? If anything it looked more like the planet in Convent.

>Was that David even the same David?
There's not much point in including it otherwise. It plays in directly to a later scene where David reveals his disdain for Weyland.

>And he probably spent years inside a hibernation chamber and lived to be 250+
If that's true I think he would have to stick with one David because that's who he communicated while asleep.

Why is Walter such a fucking cuck? I expected to see epic robot battle not a fucking philosophical debate where both party already know the outcome.

I think that was the point. To make you sympathize with David to help you sort of side with him as he creates the Xenos.