Animates Spider-Man Movie Will Focus On Miles Morales

>It looks like Peter Parker may not be the only Spider-Man coming to the big screen in the near future. A new report suggests that Miles Morales, formerly the Spider-Man of the Ultimate Marvel Universe and now the junior Spider-Man of the post-Secret Wars Marvel Universe, will be the focus of Phil Lord and Chris Miller’s 2018 animated Spider-Man movie.

>The Heroic Hollywood also revealed two potential working titles for the film: Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man and The Ultimate Spider-Man: Miles Morales.

>The still untitled animated Spider-Man feature film is scheduled to hit theaters on Dec. 21, 2018.

Thoughts?
comicbook.com/marvel/2016/05/27/miles-morales-rumored-for-sonys-spider-man-animated-feature-film/

Why should I care who the star is when it's not Spectacular Spider-Man? It will be shit regardless.

I think my main concern is rather they are doing something original or adapting the comics. If adapting the comics I kind of don't care.

> Phil Lord and Chris Miller

You have my interest

They should have just skipped ahead to an ANAD avengers story. Miles doesn't really have all that much going for him by himself.

>Heroic Hollywood
Stopped reading there

Mehles Mehrales

Wait, they're making a big screen animated movie?

Does Miles have any villains of his own?

>this meme again
el mayimbe has legit scoops

Yeah, announced with the S6 and Venom and TASM3 and 4 movies, if I recall. After the Marvel deal, all but this movie got cancelled.

I couldnt care less about Miles, but the talent behind the film has my interest

>giving Miles Morales his own animated movie

This is just dumb enough to be true.

I always liked Miles, and with Lord & Miller behind this I can't see me not liking this.

Well, it will be interesting if they can make him not boring as shit. So long as Bendis isn't involved it's a possibility. If they were smart they would remove or dramatically nerf the venom shock or whatever it's called.

As long as his personalitty isn't copied from Peter.

>I always liked Miles
Not trying to insult you, but why?

Isn't this the animated movie that's supposed to be MCU canon? Like AOS and Netflix?

Because he's a bland character that just had a mirrored personality of Peter, and was only introduced because of the Donald Glover Spider-man hissyfit

Plus, isn't his solo ongoings cancelled now?

Lord and Miller do fantastic work, so I'm fine with this. Maybe they'll end up giving Miles a far better character since he's shit under Waid and Bendis.

>Animated Miles film
I could dig it.

This will be terrible, Miles doesn't have any character development since his mom came back to life and ult pete doesn't exist anymore but what about him being gay with ganke? The whole thing is still too vague, the worse thing is that he doesn't have any enemies or rogue's gallery and wins every fight the same way all the time.

He has no enemies
He has no character defining moments. Not anymore and it wasn't Gwen Stacy important.
He has nothing interesting related to him yet he's still popular. He is the precursor to spider-gwen.

Wonder if they'll give him a personality beyond "Not white" now.

Maybe they'll give him some original villains for the movie and then port them over to the comics?

Who am I kidding, he'll just get someone from Peter's rogue's gallery.

No. There are no animated MCU projects.

You say that like ANAD Avengers has had a notable story

>Phil Lord And Chris Miller Spider-man
>it's the Benis Nigga Marty Stu

I got Monkey Paw'd

>Oh cool, an animated Spider-Man movie! I wonder what it will be abo-
>Miles McBoring
No thanks, Sony

It's more that I think he plays well off of Ms. Marvel and Nova, where his supporting cast in his solo story didn't really do much for me. Ultimate Jess could have been interesting, but didn't really work.

Might be cool, maybe a Miles will have a personality in it.

you don't have to watch this, you have the power not to give Marvel any money.

>Personality
>Miles Morales

Fine with me, I've got no beef with Miles

>movie happens
>somehow sjws get a hold of it
>WHY WONT MCU USE HIM INSTEAD OF PETER PARKER??? GIVE BLACK PEOPLE A CHANCE!!!!! REEEEEEE
>#KILLPARKER #GIVEMORALESACHANCE

No.

Ultimate Prowler and Ultimate Scorpion, sure they are alt versions of established villains, but they are different enough to count, I guess.

His uncle, Scorpion, Taskmaster… I think that's it, the rest were Peter's originally.

Why is everyone forgetting prowler and Mexican scorpion
I know Mexican scorpion was boring as hell but come on

Well, if anyone can make me care for Miles is Miller and Lord, hope this is true, hope it's great and hope that whatever they do to make it great gets transplanted wholesale into the comics. If I'm gonna get Miles shoved down my throat no matter what, might as well try to make it interesting.

Sources of anyone that says this? No one who is seriously into comics has brought this issue up, race regardless. At least, not recently.

I was going to ask about venom but I can't even remember what his deal was.

You mean the characters that were destroyed along with his universe?

Miles continues his legacy of off brand Peter Parker

>Phil Lord and Chris Miller doing Miles

Could be cool. Peter can get the MCU while Miles is kept away from Bendis' dirty hands and into the comfy hands of Lord's and Miller's.

The first arc of the Miles storyline was pretty good. I don't see why he gets the hate he gets for being just a boring character other than the fact that he's black.

Ultimate Venom was a monster made out of cancer cure and fought Peter much much before Miles was a thing, I don't think it applies.

I always say this but I feel like his book suffered from the same problems usm did (plots that are hinted at but never go anywhere, events that should be life changing shrugged off or forgotten about, etc) but Bending didn't really have anything to fall back on since he was trying to establish a new character.

A lot of the hate is a combination of dislike for Bendis' writing (along with a lot of the bullshit he said to hyper up the book but never delivered), Miles being boring, and Peter being cut down while there was still more you could do with him along with the fact that his entire supporting cast bent over backwards just to show how much they approve of Miles being Spider-Man

I know that but it was a new guy with the symbiote. I didn't know if he would count since I don't think we got a real explanation for why he was going after Miles in the first place or we probably did and I just can't remember

Breaking: Sony shredding their money in 2018

Just remove the venom blast, for the love of god. All Miles needs to differentiate his powerset from Peter is that awesome camouflage shit he can do. Have him be not as outright strong as Peter but learn to be much better at ambush tactics and strategic invisibility in combat in order to compensate. He could even pull a Motoko Kusanagi on some poor bastard's ass.

If you have to keep the shock, then just turn it into actual poison that causes temporary paralysis. The whole "electrical shock that's so powerful it even works on guys powered by electricity" shtick is retarded.

It's boring because it never went anywhere after that.

After years of time skips and "peter would have been proud of you being spider-man" followed by "I am peter and i am proud of you being spider-man" he went nowhere.

Miles' biggest moment could have been when he and his family and friends were captured by hydra and doom. Know what happened? No one knows. After some shit cutaway to his friends trying to find him they go back to miles having escaped and have taken out all of hydra and doom.

His fights all end up being the same, he took out one of Peter's biggest threats with ease and the most he has put some emotional effort into is defending himself against a shitty vlogger calling him black-spider man.

I totally forgot he could camouflage himself.

Remember when his dad left and that amounted to absolutely nothing so his return wasn't anything close to special.

Remember when his mom dad after having only a handful of dialogue and very little interaction with her son so her death is nothing special.

Remember when Jessica gave him a bullshit reason for why he needs to be Spider-Man even though she saw what happened to the person she was cloned from and doesn't even bother to train the kid?

>Mike Morales

Shit. Fucking dammit

but he needs the Venom Blast because that way Bendis gets to write Spider-Woman without actually writing Spider-Woman.

how else do you expect the man to get hard?

>Hey bendis why does miles use his venom blast to win fights all the time

>Bendis: DO YOU COMPLAIN WHEN THOR USES HIS HAMMER

It's going to go on forever

What was the point of even giving him the power to turn invisible if he never uses it?

So do a lot of the people writing him.

Fuck you guys, dont ever talk about Bendis and his wife's son ever again!

He was the guy that created/let loose the spider that bit Miles. After finding out that there was a new Spider-man, he freaked the fuck out because he realised it was his fault and didn't want Osborn coming after him about it, so he stole the Venom suit to help him cover up the tracks.

He's likely a crossposter, ignore him

I think that's why I didn't remember. Because it's so stupid and such a lame reveal.

Also, Heroic Hollywood doesn't even say what kind of a source it is. Just a source. Which a step away from Johnston's infamous 'A guy in the bar told me...'

An animated Marvel movie would be something akin to say the animated Planet Hulk movie or the two Hulk Vs movies (Thor and Wolverine).

Besides, a mediocre, just so-so or even plain bad comic can be adapted well if done right. Under the Red Hood is a perfect example of that.

>Not a Spectacular sequel
Dropped
>Miles
Dropped like it was hot

>Miles Morales Spider-Man movie

What do you people care? The White one has his Live action movies. Don't like it just watch those. Whiny little faggots

Fatties.

I care because I actually like Miles and want him to be a good character, but he seriously only has one good story arc

>Introducing Miles without Peter Parker

I'll watch it anyway but I'm expecting shit.

Have they explained how Miles fits in 616 yet? Wasn't the only reason he became Spider-Man that Pete was dead?

"The white one"
Peter Parker is an interesting character.
May Parker is an interesting character.
Miguel O'Hara is an interesting character.
Miles Morales started as an interesting character that went nowhere fast because he was created by Bendis, which is kinda funny since Bendis Ultimate Spider-Man run wasn't as boring before he made the change.

Gonna disagree. Bendis was running out of steam on USM for a long time. Like, near issues 70-80, where there was a guest-star every other arc. And I'm still mad about Pete and Gwen breaking up because MJ is Bendis' waifu.

Same Miles, but was inserted into continunity by Molecule Man.

I know that, but how the fuck does he fit? No one questions his existence as if he was always there.

He has a peronality when written by anyone other than Bendis

There was always Miles in the 616, apparently (that what cliffhanger to Spider-Men was all about). He just replaced him. Hence his father is actually a decent guy and without stupid SHIELD backstory and the mom is still alive.

Yeah. Even Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon has a decent version of Miles. Because everybody but Bendis actually write him as a decent kid, not as smart as Peter but not an idiot and power his Venom Blast way down.

Which is pretty much any Bendis character in a nutshell.

If we can have that Miles then things could be fun. That and have his GILF and MILF along for the ride.

Sweet mercy those hips.

Why does co generally like DC legacy heroes but hate Marvel legacy heroes? Even if it was a race thing, dc had a Mexican Green Lantern, hispanic lesbian Question, Asian Atom, jewish lesbian Batwoman,asian Batgirl, and so on.

I find it odd that the same community that was shitting on the New 52 for cutting legacies was also shitting on Marvel Now for boosting them.

Sup Forums just doesn't like change. They liked the DC Legacy heroes because they had been around for a long time, but if they had been created today there would be complaints.
In a few years Sup Forums will probably come to accept the Marvel legacy heroes that last.

I don't hate legacies or Miles.
But I don't really have an argument against most of the criticisms against Miles because Bendis really did not do him any justice.

You're also ignoring the portion of Sup Forums that likes Kamala, Sam, and Robbie.

Probably telling that of the ones you listed only Kyle involved shitting on the previous iteration with Emerald Twilight.

Chick-Thor is still such a retarded idea

Could have just made a comic about Valkyrie and it would have been fucking awesome because Valkyrie is fucking awesome

Because hispanic lesbian Question was more focused on being The Question than a hispanic lesbian.

Whereas with Marvel legacy heroes their writers can't seem to finish a sentence without listing all the ways they're a super special minority and people should love them.

Being good characters mattered more to DC legacies, while being eye-grabbing and attention-getting mattered more for Marvel.

They did make a Sif comic but no one bought it

>Because hispanic lesbian Question was more focused on being The Question than a hispanic lesbian.

Well, eventually when they stopped writing like a lesbian pulp novel.

"I need to get into that lesbian cult, I'll sleep my way into their inner circle."

Covers were stylized to match said Lesbian Pulp.

It also helped that Montoya was already more or less a beloved characters thanks to the Animated Series and Gotham Central.

Would we finally have a reason for a Miles in a world where Peter didn't die trying to use the Spider-man name?
Peter was dead in Ultimate an that's one thing, but 616-8 has Pete alive and better people around to take up the identity

But instead of that, it'll probably end with Miles saving Pete and Pete saying that it's totally cool that Miles uses his super-hero name

I think you guys are missing the best news here.

>Bendis isnt involved

>Prowler
>venom
>Roxxon

He has 3 bitch! But yeah Bendis' USM fizzles quickly. I still can't believe people hail as his greatest contribution to cape comics. I honestly think it's just what brought in a lot of youngsters.

>Venom arc
>Roxxon arc
>Good

Nah. Especially not that Venom one.

This. Plus they had a Valkryie mini and her headlining Fearless Defenders. They sucked. Granted that doesn't mean the character is shit but obviously they're going to go with more popular characters and gimmicks then take a no name character and build them up.

Maybe now he can finally stop being Peter-lite

>jovensìto
It's "jovencito".

Good

>yfw Kamala will also be in the movie

How many issues has that ever happened.

The one time I can think of is that one Thor scene

>SJWs get their black Spider-Man
>Everyone else gets Peter in the MCU without worrying about them killing him off for Miles
>At worst it flops hard and no one touches Miles for years after, at best it's great and we get more animated films focused on Miles that are separate from the MCU

How is this a bad thing again?