Why The Hate

I just finished watching Season 1 and honestly it was pretty good. Sure the love trinagle was irritating but considering Bryke only had one season it was understandable. The only CONS i can say are were how a bit lame the final fight was. I was expecting to see some hand to hand combat between Korra and Amon but overall the fight was decent, Korra losing her powers and getting them back a few minutes later was really bad but with Aang appearing in front of her to help her was nice. And finally i thought the death of Amon and Tarlok was cheesy, it tried to be some deep shit but felt flat.

Great, now watch season 2 and see why we hate it.
Then watch season 3 and see why it's not all bad.

The show is not awful on its own but it's not what people wanted from a continuation series (it is relatively light on world building) and the missteps like the Amon finale kind of do pile on.

if for you the season 1 was ok you will love af the season 3 and 4.

Haha haha I bet that you think that Bumi seems to be a Wild warrior funny and full of potential right?

Huaahah with and see.

This.

The world building was so shit and boring.

You could have focused on gangsters, could have went full Pulp adventure could have showed developed nations.

But the world building that we got was so boring, no locations were really interesting besides the underdeveloped City.

The show really downgrades the powerlevel of bending overall; it isn't until season 3 at least that bending starts doing anything as cool as Avatar did.

Little retcons like bloodbending without a full moon and how commonplace lightning bending irked me personally, bloodbending especially.

The romance triangle through the first two seasons is really what gets me the most, it's really irritating and pretty much takes away from what is already only an okay first couple of seasons. The Avatar Wan episodes of Season 2 are the only ones I could regularly see myself going back to.

Also Varrick. He's pretty much the most consistently good part of the whole show.

Season 1's biggest failing was wasting so much time on pro-bending.
Season 2 is shit except for the two-parter about the first Avater
Season 3 was fucking rad
Season 4 was okay, but they dropped the ball with the writing by the end.

Who cares lad if you're enjoying it just enjoy it

I hate how they chose to conclude Kuvira's and the Earth Empire's arc.

Fuck Wu.

Even Book 1 is a thematic failure. It carried fine ATLA tradition to unlock new powers for characters without actual character development and it did derail Amon's character instead of actually discussing or showing why it is wrong.

It never really addressed the fact that nonbenders are in many ways treated like 2nd class citizens.

Amon and Tarrlok's death and the dissolution of the City Council is barely ever touched upon.

Problem is Avatarverse is still a kids cartoon and can't really have a serious discussion or challenge platitudes its home society grows upon.

Amon's agenda was highlighting unreconcilable conflict between two modern ideas: of equality and of realizing one's potential. He was an egalitarian who showed the price of egalitarianism and when time came to defeat him, he had to be dismissed rather then properly examined and defeated.

>this show wasn't that bad!
>except for all if these reasons why it's bad

But Season 3 was just as bad.

Season 2 is garbage.
Season 3 is better than ATLA S2.
Season 4 is as good as ATLA S3.
Nostalgia fags shit up all LOK threads but it is actually fantastic. It was the last action cartoon

season 4 sucks tho

This, I watched season 4 last month and its by far the worst season in Korra

>I just finished watching Season 1
Stop there.

STOP

We are warning you right now. Stop.

Serason one was disapointing. Amon wasn't dealt with effectively, and neither were any of the problems he raised (which was dumb because they're pretty easy to deal with).

Season two is just shit.

It used to be pretty good but as usual went off the rail to conform to conventional Western (and Pax Americana in particular) morality.

Except the action was soulless. ATLA gave each bending art a distinct style that mirrored that element's philosophy, and made them all incredibly visually distinct. LoK made a token effort at it in s1 and then did away with all of that.

>The show is not awful on its
pic related.

Yes, it sucks.

The show has been remarkably inconsistent in what it deems appropriate to show or not.

The genocide of an entire race of Air Benders, and non-bending Air Nomads? An entire episode devoted to two aspiring engineers with a history of working for the Fire Nation desecrating one of Aang's peoples' temples? The rise of a pseudo-fascist Empire that succeeded a notoriously corrupt monarchy in a country that has had issues with corruption for centuries?

All fine!

I hate what they did to Kuvira's character. Like Amon, they introduce a really interesting concept but half way through the writers chickened out and make certain despicable characters (Varrick/Suyin) be framed as saints (even if their actions contradict that framing consistently), or go full villain (Kuvira/Amon/etc).

>Season 3 is better than ATLA S2.
when will this meme die?

Shit start with a group that shouldn't even be together in the first place; Stupid and very convenient villain that happens to know airbending without never actually having it, with motivations that are basically "yeah, chaos will totally help somehow"; bad conclusion with characters full of plot armor, Bolin learning lavabending from nothing, Zaheer discovering a new technique 2 weeks after getting bending, and Tenzin being allowed to live by the villains for no reason.

>The genocide of an entire race of Air Benders, and non-bending Air Nomads? An entire episode devoted to two aspiring engineers with a history of working for the Fire Nation desecrating one of Aang's peoples' temples?
It's OK to show a lot. That wasn't my point. Genocide is bad - that's convention of modern civilization. If you disagree, you are some kind of moral freak nobody likes.

>The rise of a pseudo-fascist Empire that succeeded a notoriously corrupt monarchy in a country that has had issues with corruption for centuries?
Now this is an interesting thing. Modern sensibilities dictate that we should vilify Kuvira for her dictatorial ways, but was she really wrong or is she justified if only because alternative is worse? But we can't really have fair pro and contra on her action. Being a leader who fights for independence, eliminate criminals and insurgents and goes again wishes imposed by Fantasy!USA (I think it's clear what RC stands in for in here) is bad and leads to giant death robots.

>Season 4 is as good as ATLA S3

ATLA S3: pretty good overall, ending could be better but nothing relevant that wasn't there before in the show happens

S04 LoK: Starts by showing us that Korra didn't learn at all from past mistakes, then she decides to help stop Kuvira because people told her to, ends up with a mecha out of nowhere and the villain deciding to go full retarded to lose.

>I just finished watching Season 1
Good.
Now if you want to continue remembering the show fondly just stop there and pretend the other seasons don't exist.

Well, season 4 gave us best girl

So no one can hate it entirely

Season 3 started slow and gave us Kai.

The richest people of the planet are non benders.

>I just finished watching Season 1 and honestly it was pretty good
Watch season 2, and then let us know if you still think the series is pretty good.

Kai was cool. If he only wans't a nigger

I wasn't against the depiction of genocide, just pointing out my confusion about how showing stuff like that is OK, but civil disorder/disputes isn't. (Yet showing a fanatical terrorist suffocating the Queen of one of the planet's largest nations is totes fine.)

>but was she really wrong or is she justified if only because alternative is worse?

That's what really gets me. When the monarchy fell in S3, there were plenty of scenes showing us just how bad everything was becoming. And apparently the months between that point and Kuvira eventually forming what would become the Earth Empire was filled with more and more deterioration of the country.

Suyin did nothing, yet she's framed as heroic. Kuvira tried to salvage a terrible situation, and she's eventually written as a villain as a result of it.

Wu inherits a largely stabilized Earth Federation (or collection of autonomous city states----I don't actually they're a unified country anymore), in no small part due to Kuvira's ruthless eradication of the bandits and criminals plaguing the country----yet nobody acknowledges this. (And unlike Suyin I can at least say Wu's character means well, despite often being portrayed as a puppet leader for every other nation except the one he'd be ruling.)

I dunno----the morality of this show just feels off. It'd be like watching a season of 24 where Jack Bauer beats terrorists to death, and than having a random PSA episode where he lectures the audience about the dangers of smoking.