Daily reminder that this happened

Daily reminder that this happened.

Why didn't Korra use her giant blue super form to fight the mecha?

you can stop, i can never forget

le "we don't have to explain it because weird things happen during convergence" plot device

I don't get why they CGI'd the robots. They're even easier to draw.

>this is avatar

holy shit I'm so glad I dropped Korra after the second episode

Okay but what if they go hard on the robot thing and the next Avatar thing is set in space and there's a fire planet, an earth planet, a water planet and an air moon or whatever and now they can bend light (ofc you need a bender on the ship to travel FTL) and space-time and radiation and shit

Season 3 was pretty good, but the rest is meh to shit.

Vehicles and robots or anything with rigid forms are easier to do well with CGI because it's a pain getting them right from multiple angles relative to just creating a 3D model of them.

that thing was just way too fucking big, it was impossible to take seriously. It should have been like, a quarter that size.

I honestly want a series where the Avatar is the villain

Isn't that kind of impossible?

How to spot underage people who lurk on fanfiction.net.

Fine by me, I thought it was good.

People always say this, but it's the same as saying Star Wars episode 3 is the best of the prequels.

Jfc Sup Forums why are you still so salty and bitter about Korra. move on already

That's absolutely heretical thinking user, if anything it should have been twice, no, THREE TIMES as tall! Kuvira's surrogate penis should have blotted out the damn sun for miles.

the rapid technology creep in Korra was disappointing. the series would have been better if they had just had Edwardian-era tech throughout the show's run. of course the shitty writing makes it moot either way, but slower tech progression would have left much more room for sequel/prequel series set in that universe. i would have tossed the steampunk shit out entirely while i'm at it; it added nothing and was obviously there because the writers were running out of ideas

I went to Wal-Mart to get some lightglobes and I saw a whole giant basket full of those things. Please tell me people don't actually buy them.

The big daddy mechs were ok, but the giant jaeger mech was too much. If there had to be a giant mech, it should have been a lot smaller than pic related, maybe crawling on all fours instead. It is too early for weapons to walk upright.

Wasn't its movement being almost entirely controlled through metalbending?

I think trying to co-ordinate metal-bending to move a giant robot is even harder to believe than having the technology to create a giant robot that can just walk on its own. Imagine playing QWOP with four people, one person on each letter.

Actually, that whole giant mech business would have been completely redeemed if it had to move by scooting along the ground with its legs sprawled out, just inching forward bit by bit by flailing the ankles and knees.

What's the point of bending when there's this kind of high technology anyway.

The cool thing about bending in TLA was seeing people fight each other by using the environment.

But Episode 1 is the best of the prequels

>Air Bending was gone
>Wood Bending and Metal Bending could have taken its place in the cycle, which would have been a neat way of changing the elements from Western to Eastern.
>But nah we'll just bring the Air Benders back.

Biggest waste of potential in the series.

Metalbending is part of earthbending and being able to bend wood is just dumb.

Don't they usually put cheap/clearance shit no one wants to buy in the baskets?

>Wood Bending

Why would some new type of bending just spring up out of no where? Granted I would have liked to see what would happen to the cycle if one of the types of benders completely died out but everything you suggested as an alternative is dumb as hell.

I think how they brought back Airbending was dumb, but your idea just sounds fucking retarded as all fuck.

Point is the best of shit is still shit.

Because she could clearly only do that in the Tree of Time. Do you really think she'd be able to Energybend like that outside the Spirit World? Aang's greatest feat on Earth was just taking someone's bending away.

I'm so glad you guys are not writers

>Aang's greatest feat on Earth was just taking someone's bending away.
>Aang's greatest feat is easily replicated by a backwater waterbender

But at least it's watchable shit!

No season three of korra is on par with season 3 of Avatar.

I'm super /m/ but that doesn't do anything for me. Looks too generic.

It would be if Aang would instead of taking Mark Hamill's firebending away put a sock in his mouth.

Earth > Fire > Change > Water > > Balance > > > Air > > > > > > > > > Spirits

Don't bother debating anything else is wrong.

And to add on that, Change was only done well on accident.

Yeah and in the first series the fire nation has a giant drill train.

There is nothing wrong here.

Desna best girl

Still better than book 2

>Earth on on Top
Except Water was the best.

That is clearly Eska. The eye makeup gives her away.
No. Best girl is a greased up, frenzied fuckpile when the lines between Eska and Desna blur.

>that spoiler

I would rank Air above Balance, possibly just for nostalgic reasons.

METAL GEAR???

I don't remember Jet Alone being in Rebuild

It's a new one. You Can (Not) Pander.

>Oh, hey, any water bender can bend the water inside plants, but ONLY THE MOST GIFTED can bend the water inside a animal's/human's body

Why is Earth considered to be better than Fire?

>tfw you could've wrote a sequel to avatar far better

Fire had too much meandering

Earth is "The Empire Strikes Back" of TLA, so most people like it bc of the edgy finale

I'm one of those people

>Change
>Balance
What?

>Do you really think she'd be able to Energybend like that outside the Spirit World?
Unalaq could, and there's nothing stopping her from walking through the portal back into the Tree other than the time it would take to reach the pole.

>No season three of korra is on par with season 3 of Avatar.
>muh anarchy
>literally nothing happens until the last two episodes
>Kai
>that filler airbender episode
>Korra's abject stupidity continues unabated
>Jinora has to save her ass again
>Bolin lavabending from nowhere
Book 3 was awful.

IKTFBro

Surf's up 2 will be WWE instead of anything near this.

I feel like that was added in for balance sake. Or else waterbending is really OP, just cut off the jugular and you win all fights.

I feel that the point is: Why have a giant Mech in Korra if we're not going to get a giant, better Kaiju fight as the finale. Because it didn't need to be a giant humanoid - it could've been a giant Zepplin and worked the same, perhaps better. What was the point of making it a giant humanoid? That just... raises so many stupid questions.

Season 3 had some of the greatest moments within the Avatar canon - they just involved none of the teenagers.

Eh, I'd debate you on swapping Air and Balance, but this is a list I can definitely get behind.

Please, S3 is not perfect by any means but it's a fairly solid, fun action-adventure show. Nothing more than that, but nothing less, either.

You also have to give it credit for giving the characters personalities and relationship dynamics for the first time in the entire series.

Probably. I still wish Air could've fully delivered. It had godlike atmosphere and setting. I still don't know how they managed to piss basically all of it away in the last 5 minutes of the season. Should've just ditched the romance subplots and focussed on making Amon not a fucking bitch.

It's absolutely not worth it.

I still don't know how they did it again in book 4.

Well she is clearly top shelf, but she's not *best* girl.

And the collected data for anyone interested:

Vaginal Rankings

96% - Niyok
95% - Ursa
78% - Eska
75% - Asami
73% - Pema
71% - Kuvira
67% - Mei
64% - Smellerbee
63% - Suyin
63% - June

60% - Kyoshi
59% - Jin
54% - Macmu-Ling
52% - Izumi
49% - Korra
49% - Azula
48% - Senna
47% - Zhu Li
44% - Kori
44% - Nutha

42% - Katara
35% - P'Li
33% - Yue
32% - Opal
32% - Yangchen
30% - Ty Lee
25% - Ginger
24% - Suki
24% - Toph
15% - Lin

3% - Ming Hua
0% - Kya

Anal Rankings

90% - Yue
78% - June
75% - Smellerbee
67% - Niyok
62% - Ty Lee
59% - Kya
56% - Ming Hua
53% - Mei
51% - Kuvira
47% - Zhu Li

46% - Opal
42% - Katara
41% - P'Li
40% - Kori
39% - Toph
39% - Suki
39% - Macmu-Ling
38% - Korra
37% - Asami
31% - Nutha

29% - Eska
23% - Suyin
22% - Lin
22% - Jin
19% - Pema
16% - Kyoshi
11% - Senna
10% - Azula
10% - Yangchen
3% - Izumi

2% - Ursa
0% - Ginger

As you can all clearly see: Ginger a shit.

As someone who's always loved Mechwarrior I didn't mind that much.

>Likes Mechwarrior
>Is okay with Japanese style Gigga-giger-robo instead of a 'real' weapon of war. Tanks with legs.

I mean, if it was designed to be like a Marauder or a Hunchback that'd be okay, but that's a fucking EVA unit.

Yeah but by design it only had one gun. There was nothing to put on the other arm, unless they wanted to make some kind of catapult. So it ended up looking like a skinny Atlas. Which was fine because the original idea was to get the city to surrender out of fear, not destroy it.
Nothing ever comes easy for Kuvira though.

>Daily reminder that this happened.
>Daily reminder
Do we really need that, though?

The weapon was awesome. Then they showed the robot and it was like letting the air out of a balloon.

I dropped it after I saw every janitor in republic city could lightening bend

>spend half the finale and kill a character just to break into this thing
>literally could have killed it in five seconds by smashing the GLASS WINDOWS ON THE HEAD AND FLOODING IT WITH WATER OR FIRE OR FUCKING ANYTHING

Retarded

as

shit

They did throw huge rocks at the windows/head, but it's plot armor was too strong i guess. Which was the main problem with the thing, everyone had multiple ideas for bringing it down without a fuss, but plot demanded that nothing like that works so it didn't.