Is there an actual appeal to this show or is it just the show nu-males watch to make themselves feel sophisticated?

Is there an actual appeal to this show or is it just the show nu-males watch to make themselves feel sophisticated?

INB4 Ken poster

Is there an actual appeal to this thread or is it just an attempt to get replies to make you feel less lonely?

The characters development and the historical accuracy

OP will need some aloe vera

>The characters development
It just seems to me most of them just get more and more stupid.

You have quite the vocabulary.

Maybe you are the one who gets more and more stupid

Maybe you should watch something more your speed, like something on the CW

Yeah, that sentence didn't quite work out. From what little I remember, characters don't really learn and keep doing stupid stuff because the plot demands it, especially the MC.

And I could never understand Pete trying to bang Peggy instead of Trudy.

U mad?

But seriously, if the show wasn't set during the 60's no one would watch it. No one cares about faggits and there marriage problems

Some of them learn, some don't. And Pete didn't really have a connection with Trudy at the start, almost sounded like an arranged marriage.

How could I be mad to someone so slow minded?

Christina Hendricks

It's the GOAT

One of the most fedora-tipping shows ever made, along side breaking bad.

>From what little I remember, characters don't really learn and keep doing stupid stuff because the plot demands it
I could see how this might get annoying, but that tends to be how people are in real life. People that cheat on their spouses continue to do so. Some characters do change though. Freddy's sobriety sticks. Peggy learns to stand up for herself. Don eventually finds some kind of peace.

>I could never understand Pete trying to bang Peggy instead of Trudy.
The first time was because he was drunk and struck out at the bar. He had this idea that he was supposed to step out on Trudy on the night of his bachelor party and Peggy was his last shot. He starts to feel something for her because she is the only person in his life who is kind to him and doesn't expect anything from him. Sure Trudy is nice to him, but expects him to be a great husband in return. Peggy is the only person who is kind to him without expecting anything in return. He starts to resent her for making him feel this way too.

to me the main appeal was the show's 1960s setting

>I could see how this might get annoying,
Maybe it was because when I watched it I already had access to all episodes, so even though I didn't binge it, some of their behaviours just annoyed me.

>Sure Trudy is nice to him, but expects him to be a great husband in return.
This doesn't strike me as unfair, depending on the magnitude of "great". And wasn't Peggy a wide eyed innocent at the start? No wonder she didn't expect anything, she didn't know what to expect.

Is anybody free on Monday night? I need to suck dicks so bad it's RIDICULOUS!

I didn't mean to imply Trudy was being unfair, it was just that it put a lot of pressure on Pete. It didn't really seem like they loved each other that much at first. They got married because that was what people did at that time in their life then and they were both suitable partners given each other's social status. It felt more like a business exchange. Trudy keeps the apartment nice and makes dinner and Peter brings home money and builds a career. This led to a lot of disagreements, like the adoption incident where Peter felt like she didn't care about his feelings on the issue and forced him into it through her father.

As for Peggy, she is very naive to begin with. She came from a completely different world from Pete, so he felt like he could confide in her a little without seeming weak to the people that 'matter'.

>when a show is so good even contrarians on Sup Forums pretending to hate it can't do a convincing job

back to Sup Forums kiddo