It's a GL is an insufferable cunt and solves his issues with punching episode (Part 1 of 2)

>It's a GL is an insufferable cunt and solves his issues with punching episode (Part 1 of 2)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10328453
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>It's an 'everyone treats J'onn J'onzz like he's some kind of superpowerful badass but he goes out like a bitch against D-listers' episode

So you just want to bitch about Hearts and Minds?

>it's a even the based DCAU crew can't make Wonder Woman work episoode

>it's a Superman is turned evil issue

>It's a still a better animated universe than anything marvel has ever done episode

Oh wait that was all of them :^)

>It's a J'onn J'onn has a headache and is out for the rest of the 2 parter episodes

Including Batman on the team caused a lot of problems for their general portrayal of power levels. It also felt like the writers had a hardon for bats in particular because he always seemed to kick the most ass and get incapacitated the least.

well he is black

Superman does tend to job a lot

Thats their own damn fault.

>lets take this character that fights all these fuck awesome monsters and gods
>we'll treat every god and threat she has a joke except Hades
>Hades will just straight up be Satan

Things were kinda going in the right direction when they made her more well adjusted and actually did the whole ambassador thing, but the show was practically over by then.

Honestly, this DTV is the only DC adaptation that did a good job with her.

now they just need to get good at cinematic movies :^)

What episodes does that even happen in OP?

>it's a Batman becomes op where everyone is weak because Bruce Timm is a huge batfag episode

>Company Wars
I really liked Earth's Mightiest Heroes, I'd put it on Par with Jl/Jlu

>>Honestly, this DTV is the only DC adaptation that did a good job with her.

what about her own movie?

This. I love, LOVE the DCAU and consider JL/JLU to be some of my favorite cartoons ever made, but they really didn't do some characters justice, like WW.

Not him but I never liked it much. Just yet another thing that made WW violent and kinda bitchy, plus Steve Trevor was kind of an asshole iirc.

That fight looked pretty awesome except it didn't feel like the blows had impact. Like she gets slammed face first into the ground and she just kind of winces. Or gets knee'd full force right to the dome followed up by a elbow drop and she looks totally OK except her eyes are closed.

Should have made her bleed, given her a black eye, made the ground crack where she got thrown into it so it looks like those hits did something

Why did they even put hawk girl in this series

Anything after episode 5.

Which is weird because the first five episodes established him as calm and collected and always goes in with a plan.

After that, he just burst into the scene and punches first before asking questions.

The Hawkgirl and GL interactions are the worst

They needed another female and just went with Hawkgirl basically.

Honestly they made her really cool so it's not much of a complaint. They could've went with Zatanna too but then Dini writes the most boring Zatanna ever.

>Hawkgirl
>cool
They tried making her an interesting counterpart to WW, but she really was bait for neckbeards.

>its a A List hero loses to A List Villain so D list heroes can beat him somehow

>They tried making her an interesting counterpart to WW, but she really was bait for neckbeards.
How? She was pretty badass actually. Isn't she not that far off from comic book Hawkgirl?

I mean not by fighting, but by character. Or lack thereof, her only defining trait was that she is anti-feminist, and that was so obviously just there for anti-feminists that hated WW to get onto the show.

WW's boring.
Her superpower is that she's really strong and her personality is that she's a good person.
Her backstory is convoluted as fuck, and her rogue's gallery isn't exactly inspired.
it's hard to make a character like that interesting.

This show predates the cancer feminists and anti-feminists, mate.

>I mean not by fighting, but by character. Or lack thereof, her only defining trait was that she is anti-feminist, and that was so obviously just there for anti-feminists that hated WW to get onto the show.
Idk. I WAS talking about her personality. Definitely a 'smash first, ask questions later,' type.

Feminists and anti-feminists haven't been invented by the Internet, kid.

>It's a "Lex Luthor wins because lol" episode

Yeah they explained it later, but tell me how Lex suddenly having super strength and slapping Question around wasn't a complete asspull.

>implying that gender politics and people boycotting things because of feminism were overtly present in 2000 and rather the only real quota was to have strong female role models
>implying the extreme calls for diversity arent a recent phenomenon
>implying the resulting backlash isn't also recent
Not everything is about SJWs and anti-SJWs.

Also nice ad hominem with kid by the way

I remember I was like, "Oh shit!" at that part.

God, JL/JLU had some fucking amazing moments. I don't think any cartoon ever got as hype as that show got.

>it's a let's tease the batman/wonderwoman shippers episode

It... really isn't. If you like Avengers characters it's the best you've got but EMH is really uneven. It's not awful but it's really uneven.

It's not. I'm not taking any sides in this bullshit argument between tumblr and pol, but this shit has been going on for waaaay longer than that.
>Also nice ad hominem with kid by the way
Thanks, but was I wrong, tho?

>it's a WW episode
>it's a Hawkgirl episode
>it's a WW *and* Hawkgirl episode

>it's another 2 parter where they fight most of the time when the conflict could've been resolved by talking things out in the first 10 minutes

I'll concende that its been going on longer than that but it's only recently enterred the public consciousness at this level. Or rather the early 2000s were quite subdued as far as "gender wars" go. Meaning that it's unlikely a character would exist to pander to an anti-feminist demographic at the time of the show's release.

Yes, you were wrong about "kid" but I appreciate you admitting that you were only using it to discredit my point.

She was Bruce Timm's waifu.

Seriously, Lex revealing that the whole press campaign and everything he'd done that season was just an elaborate troll on Superman was beautiful.

>President? Do you know how much power I'd have to give up by becoming President?

As for the superpowered beatdown, at the time I just figured he'd caught Question so off guard that the guy couldn't even fight back. It also wasn't nearly as obvious as when Batman and Waller confronted him later, which was right before shit really hit the fan.

The whole "haha I reverse you powers" he started doing in the last season was much more of an asspull to me.

This. GL was the token black and WW would have been fine as the token woman. Hawk Girl headlining with the other relatively popular heroes makes no sense. Even when she's on screen all she ever does is scream and fly towards things to hit them with her mace, with a 60% chance of it backfiring.

It's like DC told the studio that they could only have Batman AND Superman if they took Hawk Girl too.

Was Lex Luthor black?
strawpoll.me/10328453

Case and point, the JGoA episode

>Flash and GL stop a crime
>Turbine Man mistakes Flash for a costume villain and takes back what was stolen by force
>GL, who we later learn that he adored the JGoA comics and attributes their adventures to shaping his super hero career, punches Turbine Man in the face
>The fight goes on for several minutes with the crowd cheering on the JGoA
>At no point does the JLA members stop and realize that there was a misunderstanding
>Especially fucking GL
>Streak puts an end to the fight after he realizes shit isn't right

Seriously GL, what the fuck

Who jobbed harder

Flash or Manhunter?

I can't remember how many times Flash gets tripped and disappears for the rest of the fight.

Shit got real and Lexiac was the sickest fucking shit.

If someone ever wants to make a Superman or Justice League game, all they need to do is watch that shit right there for inspiration on a boss fight.

>Even when she's on screen all she ever does is scream and fly towards things to hit them with her mace, with a 60% chance of it backfiring.
Nooo, Shayera got WAY better as the show went on. The whole twist where she was a Thanagarian spy was just amazing and the fallout afterward was great.

>the League hating Shayera in JLU and her being ostracized in general

>"You're a credit to your race, son."
>"Uhh, thanks."
JL got away with some pretty crazy shit.

Flash

Every episode he's in, he talks shit and trips. Rarely does he accomplish anything worth a damn in a fight except for that one episode I'm sure someone is typing into YouTube right now.

Martian always has the flu or something, but he always pulls through in the end. Usually turning the tide in some way.

yes, no other character has lips like that. Even lois lane and wonder woman just have slits with lipstick smeared around them

Martian for sure. Flash just fucks shit up for everyone else

>All these motherfuckers saying the Flash
At least the Flash got way better by the time of JLU.

With MM they kinda just forget he even exists towards the end unfortunately and he never gets any badass moments.

Let's not forget who stopped Luthor/Brainiac at the end of the first big JLU arc.

>oh thank god Superman is here, he can end this fight in 5 seconds
>OH NO I GOT HIT WITH A LASER/ELECTRICITY
>TAKING A KNEE, go get em John!
>I'll just use my mental powers to incapacit- AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

>I'LL GET'EM!
>HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

>forget he even exists towards the end
He literally leaves

>HAWKGIRL! STOP!
>WE NEED A PLA-
>OH NO! SOMEONE THREW A ROCK AT ME!

Wally best character

>I'M COMING GL!
>OH NO! I TRIPPED ON THE SAME ROCK!

>that episode where Wonder Woman is possessed by evil space rocks
>Hawk Girl smashes evil space rock and covers some of the strongest beings on the Earth in evil space powder
The only worthwhile thing Hawkgirl ever did was take off her hat

I'm marathoning the whole series on Netflix right now. Even on lesser episodes, the whole thing just makes me so damn happy. I guess it might just be nostalgia, but I don't care.

>We're already on the last 10 minutes of the show and this is part 2
>Stand back, I got this
>I was just playing dumb for 2 episodes. I could have easily finished this 28 minutes ago

Holy shit, did they ever fellate the hell out of Batman in this show.

He was basically never wrong, ever, saved the day like half the time, always had a plan, and defeated anything he was up against.

Those were some of the best episodes though.
Some of that Cadmus stuff was downright thought provoking.

I liked the hat though.

Sounds like they still underpowered him imho tbqh f4m

He still never really got any really good moments like the others did.

I always thought that Martian manhunter had a weird accent. turns out that his voice actor is jamacian.

They had terrible versions of Hugo Strange, Shade, Sinestro, and Captain Atom as well.

Timm admitted that they didn't know how to end the season/series in a way that wasn't morally ambiguous, so they crapped out a convenient villain for all to beat up.

I don't remember Hugo Strange. Shade, eh, I'll agree though I haven't read James Robinson's Starman yet. Sinestro could've been way better than he was but then this was also before Johns' GL run which made him truly based. Captain Atom...sure I'll agree. I think he was okay but he really was a bit of a government lapdog but then it worked for the sake of drama and it wasn't too big of a departure anyway since he's always been a military superhero.

The DCAU has always been like that though. Even though they did a lot of good they also didn't do some characters justice either.

>HERA!

>HERA!

>HERA!

>HERA!

>HERA!