HOW DID THIS MAKE IT PAST QUALITY CONTROL

HOW DID THIS MAKE IT PAST QUALITY CONTROL

TUMBLR WHY

Jason Aaron is officially a cuck
Thor was my favourite hero of all time and this is a fucking insult to his name.

Not only what he did to Thor
What he did to Titania, who was actually an excellent character in her own right, was ACTUALLY sexist
The fuck is going on

I appreciate im late to the party, I recently bit the bullet and downloaded and read them

Marvel doesn't have quality control. At best, they have ideological purity control. Not even raging, just look at the artwork in shit like Hellcat, Squirrel Girl, or even less niche titles, and imagine somebody okayed this.

I'm just triggered that someone looked at this writing and was like
>"Yes, we want this to represent the Marvel brand, begin printing and distribution, hoo boy we are gonna make a bunch of tumblr bucks off this."

The fact that she is Jane is fucking retarded.

Why did Jane just randomly kiss Captain America, cheating on Thor after already stealing his fucking identity from him.

Oh wait, it was "Because I felt like it, and you should always act on your impulses."
>WHAT THE FUCK

this desu, kinda makes jane come off like an abusive piece of shit girlfriend

"b...b..bb-but girl power!"

Tumblr would have a fucking aneuryusm
Saved, ty user

I love this

Aaron is not a subtle man.

I'm mad at Jason Aaron both for feeling the need to cuck Thor, and feeling the need to have Jane Foster actually be doing it, AND FOR RUINING JANE'S CHARACTER HOLY SHIT

She was cool before he started writing her, but she was a cunt as "Thor"

>cheating on Thor
They've not been together since the fucking 60s user.

Aaron is a bad writer who should be blacklisted by any serious label, frankly.

He very occasionally gets it right, but if you let a monkey fling enough shit at infinite canvases, you will get the occasional picasso.

Look at that scene where they were together while he was begging her to take the magical cancer treatment.

Tell me they weren't both blatantly having major feelings for each other there.

And then she goes and gets all up on Sam because "I felt like it lel" even though Jane has never acted like that.

WHAT THE FUCK DID FURY WHISPER

The sad thing is Absorbing Man had a point, making Thors actual name a title is kinda fucking stupid. And the irony behind Janes feminist remark is that the word has lost all meaning these days thanks to the modernized parody its become.

He was the only one speaking sense for a fair portion of the run.

And then Titania knocks him the fuck out because "He gets a wandering eye when we haven't been to prison for a while."

A statement that amazingly manages to be misogynist AND misandrist at the same time in its implications.

>WHEN TUMBLR DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO NOT BE SEXIST

Titania has never once pussied out of a fight either, or displayed any sort of tendency towards just gifting people the win in conflicts because they both have a vagina, hell she nearly fucking murdered the shit out of She Hulk no sweat.

Does Jane count as a legacy character? Because I feel like this will be retconned away and forgotten in a few years. Same goes for Cho.

Jane does count as legacy as far as I am aware, but I can imagine this story arc being retconned out

It spoke for itself really, all the tumblrina feminists bought the first volume because it was new and exciting, and then like all fake comic books fans do they stopped purchasing, because they dont actually give a fuck about comics, and the sales figures had some of the worst month by month drop off of any Thor print run ever.

Does anyone got that one panel where X-23 talks about online forums or something?

Speaking of legacy characters I hope Robbie Reyes sticks around. Him and Kamala are the only recent additions (that I remember) that seemed ok

I remember when Angela: Queen of Hel wasn't cancerous tumblr shit too

I actually really prefer Robbie as GR, hes a well written character, and the art in his run so far is sick

I love Tradd Moore's art from the covers

Fingers crossed he gets a MCU debut

Why the fuck would Bor care about Israel, shouldn't he be mad at the celts or greeks?

Because tumblr writers don't actually care about the canon or the story they are telling, as much as they care about using their comics as a podium from which to spew their rhetoric and indoctrinate people.

How would Bor have ever even heard of the fucking M.R.A movement, or give a shit about societal issues men have in culture.

It doesn't matter to these fuckwits. They don't want to write a good story, they have no reverence or respect for their own work, and so neither should we.

How old is this shit? Over a year now?

How fucking triggered are you guys over 2 pages?

The entire fucking comic run was garbage
The only redeeming feature was the art
I'm as triggered as I am about someone shitting up my favourite character's story.

Fuck off feminist

I'm not saying it's good
I'm saying that who the fuck gives a fuck

Remember Thor in the 90's? That was some fucked up shit. Why aren't you complaining about that?

Yeah, I kind of wonder if Tyler Posey would be able to play him

He seems a bit too everyman though

I already got triggered about 90s Thor and complained on the internet and in real life about it
I'm getting around to the latest abomination that I just gathered the courage to read is all

ive always wanted to know, whats the context of the blacked out speech bubbles?

>Marvel
>quality control

The main complaint is that they make absolutely no sense even in context

It implies Bor is sat there browsing r/TheRedPill all day and watching Fox News or some shit

>Tell me they weren't both blatantly having major feelings for each other there.
"If a man and a woman have momentary feelings for each other even without a committed relationship, anything outside of that is cheating"

kys

I think he was kind of pointing out that it didn't make sense
It made her character seem disjointed and haphazardly written with the tender moments with Thor and then random "muh feminizm" girl power trips with Sam

Found it. The reactions were gold.

I love how the writers seem to think they're being clever when they shit up their own work by breaking the 4th wall in the most obnoxious way possible

Hacking off your finger to spite your hand

At this point, I'm all for Disney to actually intervene in Marvel comics and take control of it. They're super anal about shit like this, at the very least they can't do any more damage than what's already been done.

>That's for saying "feminist" like it's a 4 letter word
English is my 4th language, can somebody explain what she meant by that?

A four letter word is another way of saying "swear word"

I know WHY Marvel does this, because its for shock value but in this case mostly because of brand name recognition, but I find it maddening that she cant just be X-23. She doesnt need a knock off Wolverine costume, she doesnt need his name, because she was perfectly fine as is.

Marvel editors and higher-ups have had no idea what the actual fuck they are doing for quite a while now. The writers are on drugs and nobody is telling them to stop producing complete nonsense.

Everyone likes to quote the ridiculous tumblrshit, but a lot of the stuff that isn't primarily pandering to rainbow-haired hambeasts is pretty fucking bad too. The constant events are absolutely retarded and have terrible pacing, Cyclops is literally hitler and we still haven't been told why, all the "main" books feel like they're in the middle of filler arcs while waiting for the next event to start, the list just goes on.

It's a sad time when people are losing faith in Marvel studios to make their own comics without insulting their readers with 4th wall breaking feminist propaganda.

But I feel you, I wouldn't blame Disney if they got involved and were like "Stop shitting up our product, did you forget we fucking own you basically."

Oh, i thought she meant he was throwing the word around like it didn't have any meaning and she got offended by that
Thanks for clarifying, user

I honestly feel like the need to inject all these random chicks in to the pre cast mould of their male predecessors rather than going through the actual hard work of making them a fleshed out and likeable character. At this point it is just borne out of sheer fucking laziness.

Writing a new, strong, female character with progression, flaws, a story that you care about, those things are hard.

"HEY TUMBLR, WOLVERINES A CHICK NOW COME CHECK IT OUT!" - Thats easy.

Feminist Frequency said it was OK so they passed it on through.

>Implying anita sarkeesian wouldn't get triggered by the boob plate

Trying to appease feminists, oh lord, Marvel thou hath wrought thine own ruin.

That last guy speaking knows what's up.

>The voice of the fandom

Dat ass

I think Spider Woman is a prime example of Marvel writers not knowing what to do with a female character. I get it, she was only created to get a hand on the "Spider Woman" name copyright, but damn do something consistent with her. I feel like the potential is there but no one can agree what to do with her

Spider Gwen is bae

At this point I wish Disney got involve and takeover Marvel completely. Yeah they will probably turn it into movies but it will be better than the shit we have right now.

Its like there are a few good writers, and a bunch of good artists, fighting grimly to the bitter end amongst the encroaching hordes of an unholy alliance between social justice and shit writing.

Shes only popular because of the Gwen fad and her costume. Which yeah, its a pretty cool look, but I dont recall her book being all that interesting

The phrase "to try and" is used in the DC Rebirth comic instead of "to try to".

Thats fair, I quite liked her
The look was definitely what drew me in, shes well designed and very striking, but I just like how she didn't just immediately become a superhero as soon as she got powers.

She used them like a normal person would for a while until she realised she had to use them for good, it was like she realised what Peter did from the "great responsibility talk" slowly by herself.

Why the fuck did she need to hit a woman who just surrendered?!

I didn't read what happened before but I'm guessing the villain hurt a bunch of people

You've found an instance of Jason Aaron's "style over sense" writing style.
He allows it to ruin his characterisation of anyone, in this case Jane.
If he thinks it would be "cool", it will happen, regardless of it it is appropriate to the caracter's well.. character.

I'm all for feminist themes, but there are so many pages out there that are downright parodies of feminism that we are still supposed to take seriously. Are the writers really this detached from reality?

Because fuck this world.

EVERYTHING WHITE MALE MUST GO!

To be fair, Kamala is ok.

that would be perfect casting

And that's why I stick to older comics. None of this new crap for me.

I've always kind of thought why isn't representation expected to be proportionate?
If the population of african americans in america is around 13.2% then why do half the superheroes need to be black, 30% hispanic 10% other and 10% white, and 70% female 30% male.
When white males make up a large amount of the population and thus the readership of comics, yet they are increasingly becoming like

>she was perfectly fine as is

Let's not get ridiculous, user. X-23 "as is" is pretty fucking toxic.

Lol, that's excellent, saved
Ty based user

Bobby's not white anymore?

Just a SJW collection in general.

You can correct that to EVERYTHING CIS WHITE MALE MUST GO!

I think it was complaining about him being told by a chick that he's gay
Like she knows better than him

Spider Man's cringing so fucking hard under his mask in that panel.

Fuck YOU! Kamala is great!

Kamala > Carol "cardboard cutout character" Danvers:

The rest is bullshit yeah.

While we're on the topic of legacy characters, I miss Agent Venom. You know, before the outer space bullshit

Would you still be mad if these all had god-tier writing but the same messages/content?

My nigga

O yeaaa

I personally wouldn't mind
I'm quite liberal for the most part, its the preachy way its delivered I fucking find obnoxious as shit and have no time for

I like good comics, if good comics tell me to be nice to people then sure whatever, Captain America is one of my favourite heroes and he's basically all about truth justice and being nice.

>yfw Agent Venom appears in the MCU before Eddie Brock

Saved. For future SJW bullshit threads.

nope

>Hating on based cho

feminists are often called cunts

Thor is your favorite character? lol Faggot

they're honorary blacks

Okay?

Samuel Fury is best Fury though

I hated how nothing happened for 5 issues. Her character really needed to do something it's understandable if you make a character depressed, but starting like that killed any interest because she's not Gwen in any sense besides the Ultimate manic pixie badgirl version.

Get the fuck out, casual.

Wait, female Thor was Jane? THAT Jane?

I'm a cartoons pleb who's never read a comic in my life and only recently marathoned the MCU (so obviously not the same Jane as from the comics) but the little I know of her character (she's a smart human narratively designed to ground Thor to us) is FAR from this... thing.

God, now I hate it not just because it's stupid, but it's also wrong.

He is still a cis white male.

That puppy dog Shulk face breaks my heart every time.

Yeah Jane Foster got cancer and somehow Thor wasnt worthy anymore, and she took his name because that makes sense

Who the fuck still uses thought bubbles anymore?