Homestuck

If you were to transplant characters from Homestuck into a better story, free of the needlessly large cast that turned it into such a cluster fuck, which one would you take? Caliborn is a foregone conclusion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Uv66_X45AS0
youtube.com/watch?v=cSw9DXNTTxI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinforcement#Intermittent_reinforcement.3B_schedules
youtube.com/watch?v=4H7m23gkAe4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pre-Act 5/6 Dave.

Roxy obviously.

Jake

Caliborn. Jack. Slick. John. Roxy. Krabkrab

Caliborn, the Beta kids, Roxy, and all the alternian trolls.

So when's Hussie gonna update SBaHJ with a comic making fun of homestuck's ending?

Just make an adventure about a social autist obsessed with games and his little sister who is always trying to get in the way of his games.

Never

so, dexter's lab, but with shitty art and games instead of science

youtube.com/watch?v=Uv66_X45AS0
>yfw the average fan age (physical and mental) became 5 years younger since 2013

Why Homestuck was so popular again?

guess

>you will never be three-way shitpost buds with Mituna and Latula
why

The updates, Hussie's decent writing and capacity for character dialogue (at first), and of course, appealing to the teenage crowd with relationship drama and other shit.

Because there was nothing like it. There still isn't.

The crazy plot that could go anywhere, the funny and relatable characters, the cool setting, the daily updates... You get the idea.

>you will never be three-way three-way buds with Mituna and Latula
why
I just want to hold them downand cuddle themand kiss them bothall over

Because of the internet "Hipster Phase" when everything who didnt look like anime or an old cartoon got put in a pedestal.

Latula & Mituna r the bes

Based Bowman does it again. Though I'm sure he won't be pleased that they weren't listening to the one and only station to listen to in Austin, Bumper to Bumperâ„¢.

youtube.com/watch?v=cSw9DXNTTxI

Caliborn is the only character from that shitfest that could work in another story.

Spades and his cronies too maybe

I wanna play the shipping circle game, post it

We got stopped last time. I'm afraid we might not be able to play again, user.

It's ban on site now thanks to hotpockets

and for good reason

this just makes him sound tarded

Those two autists are just so cute together

Do it on the trash then

What is this game?

illegal

We don't actually know that, it was just an out-of-the-blue delete without a message or warning. Random deletion of ontopic posts are normal on Sup Forums, they don't have much to do with rules.

I'm not actually playing, this is just for user if he wants the image.

Roxy and John

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinforcement#Intermittent_reinforcement.3B_schedules
Not the only reason, but an important one.

youtube.com/watch?v=4H7m23gkAe4

Holy shit this guy.....fucking briliant

stop it

No

>you will never be three-way spitroast buds with Mituna and Latula

this guy is pretty good at what he does. listening to him right now.

'tuna is adorable, but he's high maintenance.

glad he realized the crowbar's timeline.

sounds like he's putting rage through a lens of author spite or something though. or how andrew using gamzee is just a way to fix/correct things in a way that's sloppy but allows him a 'lol cloun' card.

either way gamzee was still a mistake

just the way I like them

>forgets how to do simple tasks
>aware of this fact
>worst case of tourette's imaginable
>corrupted motor signals make fine movement impossible
it's hard being a tuna
at least someone understands

> being a tuna

>Gamzee represents shitty writing!

I don't want to accept this, but it makes a lot of sense.

It's pretty stupid but it's pretty fucking solid, I hate it

I thought that was Vriska?

As shitty as that sounds, I am suddenly thinking of the possibilities that being a hero of rage could present using this interpretation. you could be a meta gamebreaking piece of shit fueled by your own shittiness.

sounds pretty fun desu. LE/caliborn should have been a lord of rage instead. it would make the gamzee thing make a lot more sense

Eridan would have been pretty neat in a story where the author gave a shit about him.

Arguing that "Gamzee could do anything because he recognized the story was a shitty story" might explain Gamzee, but it also makes the entire story shitty

God I hate "meta" stuff

That's a bit of an oversimplification of what I'm saying. And I'll be giving more evidence toward my point with the other hope/rage players in the next video.

No he wouldn't. One of the things that contributed to Eridan being hilarious was the fact that he was irrelevant and incapable of growth.

Basically, but the good part is, that it's cleverly used in his character progression. Him snapping, when his "miracle" worldview gets shattered

make more vids quickly lad. you might be /hst/'s last salvation for thread existence.

I hope andrew outright confirms some of this shit at some point though

Honestly, all the characters would be. It seems Hussie has a knack for creating decently compelling characters, and somehow not being able to write a decent overarching story for shit. His stuff seems best when kept in shorter bursts, like Problem Sleuth, And It Don't Stop and the PS comics he's written. Still kinda enjoy the massive sprawling-ness of Homestuck, but for fucks sake he could do with an editor or someone.

> hating metatext
> homestuck
you're going to have a bad time

Doing my best boss. And hope he does too, even if it renders some of what I'm saying obsolete. I kinda don't think it's going to happen though.

I wonder how hope, especially Jake, will work in that contrast.

>Crowbar
The crowbar's timeline.

Crowbar has the crowbar. Slick takes the crowbar. Scratch confiscates the crowbar from Slick.

Kurloz finds the crowbar in Openbound, probably gives it to Gamzee. Gamzee gives it to Union Jack. The crowbar and Gamzee get zapped to Earth. Gamzee gives Caliborn the crowbar, and eventually he will give it to Crowbar, probably when he has obtained the cuestaff.

Is this what we've got? We don't know how it got from Scratch's apartment to the Furthest Ring but there's no guarantee that it did, all things considered with the bubbles.

Hussie's entire corpus of work is about shitty writing, shitty art, and terrible jokes. These are themes that permeate everything he has ever done. And in every case, it's equal parts scathing criticism and loving exaltation.

Hussie is a strange man who makes strange things. The only reason Homestuck stands out is because he accidentally made the backdrop to his story really compelling in its own right.

It's theoretically possible that Scratch threw the crowbar into himself, transporting it to the green sun, right?
At that point it could have floated into a dream bubble.

John/Roxy, for the seal

maybe because...
he is.

Hotpockets is generally inconsistent and incompetent about everything. There's tons of threads on /qa/ complaining about him, and not just from homestuck threads.
/tg/ used to have shitty janitors which stopped, how'd they do it?

They do seem obnoxiously trigger happy now. I got banned for a day yesterday for off-topic posting because I replied to a post about the Reddit shit. And I'm pretty sure I was just one out of dozens. Posts have been disappearing left and right at a rapid pace for days.

and yet not a single bowmanpost.

I suspect some sort of bowspiracy

Of all the artists who were influenced by Homestuck, why did none of them go on to make actually good stories? I mean Z E R O of them produce quality content.

inb4 some fag replies with Undertale

"Offtopic" is hotpocket's excuse for anything they don't like, because they can't think of an actual rule.

Kill Six Billion Demons

Meanwhile fetish threads get a free pass.

and pro-davekat posts

what's the opposite of cherry-picking, when one willfully ignores the easy examples?

Does that mean we can play if we vote-in Davekat?

Is /qa/ supposed to be hidden or something? Obviously I know the URL but I don't see it linked to anywhere on Sup Forums.

drawing=/=writing

Just because you can draw well doesn't mean you can make a good story. Hell, good drawing skills don't even necessarily mean good character design, especially if your only art experience has been fan art. In the same vein, good writing skill doesn't equate to good world building, which is why somebody who can make incredible fanfiction can't necessarily make good OC.

As much as we might like to hate on him these days, Hussie had a hell of a lot of talent to be able to create something like Homestuck.

dave/dirk/karkat/caliborn
quizbean.com/#/caliborn-dave-dirk-or-karkat-1
i only got a 6/15

Undertale is a good idea, but has a ridiculously generic story with boring characters.

Wait what

uh oh

jade has really weird nightmares

I also got 6. It's funny though, I only ever mixed up Dave and Dirk or Karkat and Caliborn.

are you ok reatard? I am wood.
stupid

this is the official eri thread

10/15

Wouldn't you be horrified? After years alone you finally get the man of your dreams who loves you and won't leave you. Then you wake up one day to find that it's all been a lie and you've just been romancing a piece of bread; it's all been in your head.

I got 11 and it's still embarrassing. Caliborn ones are easy to pick out if nothing else.

Thumbs up. Down with clowns.

was eri a reference to russet/odin or am i looking too far into the velvet cape wizard thing?

GREATEST LOVE STORY EVER TOLD

*wwalks into thread*

bread has nothing to with freedom

>Jade gradually becoming unable to cook hotpockets because they're breaded

A miserable 7/10.

What was the point of giving Jade supergod powers?

Fetishes

Equius and John both get ordered around. Perhaps the Heir class is tied to duty, responsibility, and not freedom?