Can anyone explain to me the argument in favor of gun registration and or licencing...

Can anyone explain to me the argument in favor of gun registration and or licencing? Like how do either of these prevent gun crime or prevent mass shootings? Aurora, Sandy Hook, Orlando, ect would have happened even if the guys were licenced.

States like NJ have a defacto registry of owners, but that doesn't stop Newark, Camden, Trenton, or Paterson from being shit holes.

And in general just what legitimate reason does the government have for needing to have a gun registry? How does that stop or prevent crimes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/itAv1JGExhc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't think there should be a gun registry or licensing system. But it does deter crime. People are less likely to use a weapon for crime of it is tied to them through the government. Same way a person would rather steal a car to commit a bank robbery rather than using their own car.

its not about eliminating gun related crimes completely. That would be impossible. Its about reducing the amount of gun related crimes. If stricter registration / licensing deters one crime per 5, than that is definitely progress.

watch jim jeffries bit on gun control.
>avid gun collector; hunter.

How do they know it was your personal gun unless they actually physically find the gun at the crime scene?

Yea but how the fuck does it actually prevent crime? Like in NJ you aren't allowed to have guns outside your house and to buy a gun you need to have a special id from the cops that involves having 2 references, but NJ has more murders per capita than Texas where you can buy a gun anyway where.

Illinois has the same issue

Do we have statistics on what crime was per capita before the stricter gun laws?
I personally don't, first time on /pol actually.

Sounds like a nigger issue not a gun issue

go to Sup Forums please

In some cases yes

It's your first time on pol, protip: we say nigger a lot.

>And in general just what legitimate reason does the government have for needing to have a gun registry? How does that stop or prevent crimes?
It doesn't stop crimes, that was just a meme created by the government to get the public to relinquish more of their rights.

I am only against prohibiting explosives of a certain R.E. factor and beyond, I am not against banning or even licensing firearms.

>Can anyone explain to me the argument in favor of gun registration and or licencing?
It's a step towards confiscation.

>Like how do either of these prevent gun crime or prevent mass shootings? Aurora, Sandy Hook, Orlando, ect would have happened even if the guys were licenced.
It doesn't stop crime. It allows the government to know exactly who owns firearms, which firearms they own and exactly where they live.

>And in general just what legitimate reason does the government have for needing to have a gun registry? How does that stop or prevent crimes?
The government can't confiscate what they don't know you have.

>Do we have statistics on what crime was per capita before the stricter gun laws?
Our firearm rights are not subject to crime statistics.

That is, our rights are not subject to someone else abusing those rights.

Never allow yourself to fall into the trap that your firearm rights are subject to firearm related crimes

just ban niggers and beaners, see how much less (gun) murders you get.

See if this policy was about sanctity of life, you would have deported niggers and spics. It isn't, it's about your government having the monopoly on guns

And also the stats back up gun ownership

youtu.be/itAv1JGExhc

>and people say there is no conspiracy

>And also the stats back up gun ownership
Oh I agree.

Not that our firearm rights are subject to any statistics (crime or otherwise), mind you.

Whenever someone says "we're/they're not trying to take your guns" or "gun control" post that video.

Any sane person knows the end goal of the gungrabbers will always be the complete and total revocation of firearms and firearm rights.

Registration is essential for confiscation.

> we
> calling other people new/stupid

Shyhhhddyyydt

>don't talk to me or my son ever again

When the shock troops try to kick in my door for my armory but get blown to fuck by an IED while I watch from across the creek and pick off survivors, I will find this woman and put a handloaded .308 in her diaphragm.

This is the first thing everyone should know about gun crimes....

Do you have any idea how many own guns people have inherited and are completely unregistered?

The vast majority considering there is no federal registry and outside of Hawaii no state has any form of registry for long guns

>Can anyone explain to me the argument in favor of gun registration and or licencing? Like how do either of these prevent gun crime or prevent mass shootings? Aurora, Sandy Hook, Orlando, ect would have happened even if the guys were licenced.

Gun licenses aren't there to prevent mass shootings. They can't. They're there to prevent accidents and teach people how to shoot.

Car licenses didn't prevent the truck happening in Paris.

Doesn't mean car licenses are a bad idea.

Ignore anyone who brings up shootings as a reason for gun control, they're an idiot and to be ignored.

No idea what a gun registry would help. Aside from taxing people to compensate for the environmental effects of lead ammunition perhaps, but that's pretty whatever IMHO.

New York had a registry too under the Safe Act buy only 5% complied.

>refers to a comedian for political issues.
You must love Trevor Noah too.

Like the government doesn't already know all that shit from the NSA.
But how many gun owners go through training or take a test on how to properly handle a gun?

That shit is mandatory when you get a license to drive a car.

>Car licenses didn't prevent the truck happening in Paris.

The Paris driver was a very skilled truck driver and thus he was able to use his skills to kill as many people as possible. Obviously the only really solution is to ban and confiscate all trucks.
That is exactly what the gun grabbers are trying to do with gun registration. Use it as a step in the door to help get to a total ban.

As I said, I'm not in favour of registration. Not even because gun grabber w/e but because bureaucratic overhead is cancer from the very outset.
>But how many gun owners go through training or take a test on how to properly handle a gun?
I'm saying that's how it should be handled theoretically/that's how it's handled here.

Not as a means to prevent people from having it but as a means to make sure that only what they WANT to kill dies. This is one of the few things you can semi-reliably influence so that's where gun 'control' should end.

Gun registration and confiscation is not for the purpose of stopping crime user (Mexico ello guvna?) It's about "other goals" pic related.

I have a great idea!

Since ALL of the founders of the United States owned (and used!) a lot of guns.
We should make gun ownership mandatory to be a registered American...

can't just flat out remove people's rights
>persuade with emotional language
MAKE THE PEOPLE BEG TO BE DISARMED

then total tyranny will be far easier

>MAKE THE PEOPLE BEG TO BE DISARMED