Why does he leave his head exposed to gunfire?

> Why does he leave his head exposed to gunfire?

Because he wouldn't really mind getting killed.

He either doesn't plan on getting fired back at, or doesn't want to be weighed down/have his vision restricted by a helmet.
That, or no-helmet just looks cooler.

So he can scream like a little girl, "Not in the face!" and when criminals look away in disgust, he can shoot them in the back.

Because Frank's war is a very long, very drawn out suicide.

Because, like all capeshit characters, they're never going to kill him off as long as the IP can keep getting money squeezed out of it.

Basically this. Frank doesnt always plan on coming back from his dayjob

Because they'll never have a chance to get a shot off on him, so he doesn't need it.

I like these answers

Because he usually just kills ghetto trash or swaggering goombahs, both of whom tend to aim for the big white Kevlar laden skull on his chest.

You do have a point. but It's sad tho. I Dont Want Frank To Die.

He was special forces. They don't always wear helmets because a helmet might be more a detriment then a help in some ops.

Weren't there recent issues where Frank wore a mask?

Fuck, that actually makes sense.

Good answers

Let's not forget that even if Frank wiped out all crime everywhere (and let's be honest, unless he manages to cause an on oversaw extinction event, that's impossible), there's still one last person he'd have to punish.

Damned autocorrect. Meant to say "an omniversal extinction event".

I think Frank just needs a hug.

basically this, in one of the 'armory' comics it states that the skull is a giant bullseye

I'm not so sure that Frank would punish himself. It's not like he's committing a crime by killing gangbangers and drug dealers.

Micro's replacement Punisher from Countdown and a little earlier wore a face-concealing helmet, primarily because he still had family he cared about, though it was also bulletproof and had gizmos (radio, gas mask, etc.) built into it.

a lot of heroes do. Villains too

Cool

The thumbnail make it look like he has tits

that happened (not his fault) and he rode out the nuclear fall out just long enough to survive a one way trip and wipe out the fat cats and masterminds that ended the world before keeling over.

Usually hate equating things to Batman, but I like to think it's the opposite of his approach to fear.

Batman uses stealth and theatrics to become more than a man, which is terrifying because you fear the unknown. But Frank stands in the open with no mask and tears down everything in his path, which is equally terrifying because you fear the inevitability of it.

A better question, why is he so cringey?

The word "cringey" has become cringey in itself thanks to this site.

Most general mooks and even soldiers are pretty bad shots. On top of that, they are usually trained to hit center mass because thats honestly more likely to not waste all your ammo missing and and can actually do damage.

Helmets don't actually stop bullets, they're more for shrapnel and debris.

Yeah this too

That's exactly how Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe ends.

Depends on the bullet and depends on the helmet.

It's one of those things you just have to accept, like accepting that one guy can walk into a room full of 30 armed people and take them all out without any harm, and that he can always do that forever.

Also he does not need a mask because everyone knows who he is - Frank Castle who hates your guts and wants to rip them out.

A better question is why did he ever shave his beard.

I miss Beard Frank

Actually in a comic where he got arrested he was acquitted of his murder charges on an insanity plea.
It pissed him off so much that he claimed guilty to every single count of murder that he was charged with because he was fully guilty in his eyes and society's seeming inability to recognize it is why he went on his insane crusade in the first goddamn place.

I'm not homo, but if I was gay I'd definitely pick this frank

You only miss him because he was hot. Not that I blame you for that, just bringing it up.

>Actually in a comic where he got arrested he was acquitted of his murder charges on an insanity plea.
>It pissed him off so much that he claimed guilty to every single count of murder that he was charged with because he was fully guilty in his eyes and society's seeming inability to recognize it is why he went on his insane crusade in the first goddamn place.
That must have been what they took inspiration from for the ending of the courtroom scene in Daredevil Season 2. Do you remember what run it was?

>P...punish me, Frank

You and me both. mate.

Because he had nothing else to do in that underwater prison.

The Spectacular Spider-Man #81-83, I think. It's the one where he randomly went crazy and started trying to kill litterbugs and jaywalkers.

Which always bothered me. Frank would be the most wanted man in the world, yet they show him just walking around the streets of New York, drinking in bars, eating in diners, etc.

The reason authorities aren't on his ass all the time is because he usually does their jobs for them faster than they can. He's useful.