Was she a well-written villain?

Was she a well-written villain?

Nope.

>well written
>Knock off anime

Nope.

She was interesting but bryke stopped short of fully realizing her character.

Yes she was.

How does one "knock off" animation

Eh. She wasn't written badly, but it'd be giving the show a bit too much credit to say she was "well-written".

>americans decide to mimick japanese animation
>they make japanese animation but better

I love America.

Are you implying anime is well written?

If by Americans you actually mean Koreans

She was until The Beach.

Depends which anime you're talking about, there is quite a few in different genres written by different people.

One of the best cases of villains going batshit, certainly.

Though that's more merit of Grey DeLisle than of the writing, really. To get a script that probably mostly read *primal scream* and do what she did.

So why can't an anime knock off be well written? Checkmate, faggot.

Not really sure about her overall, but the ending they gave her in the series was terrible.

Sup Forums deep down knows that anime is superior, which is why anime knock offs are their favorite cartoons.

Until the last comic

*tips fedora*

>implying
The search was garbage too.

>anime knock off
Again i ask how one can "knock off" animation

That's not how that meme works, unless you are an atheist intentionally trying to crash the memes with no survivors.

What do you want a fight? I don't care.

can we just skip to the part where we all admit we wanted her to dominate us

Sicko.

>not wanting to dominate her.

Fucking betas.

fucking pleb

I think the viewer slowly realizing how she wasn't stereotypically evil and was really just mentally unstable was fun

Sure
A forced blowjob from her would have been pretty great as she thwarts attempts to escape her mouth by grabbing tightly and shoving it back int

>earth
she was a constant threat and a competent villain.

>fire
a bit more flawed and insecure, then just goes full psycho in the end.

She's my favorite character in atlab, shame and waste she got the shit end of the stick.

the meme expanded from atheism to general egdy-ness

cuck

Cute

>>>/literallyanywhereels/

She was a decently written villain. Times when they try to give her more depth could've been better built up. The only time where the show bends over backwards to show you how awesome she is was during the S2 finale. That was pretty bad. Just don't read the comics.

>not wanting her to sit on your face while she mangles your junk with her bare feet
you guys are weird

She wanted to fuck her Daddy and take Mommies place.

>anywhereeels
eels

>being this retarded
I bet you're also into pincest and Ben/Gwen too.

up inside ya

You don't know what edgy means either, apparently.

best ship

I haven't read the comics. Is there any chance of this being canon?

No

So Azuko finally became canon, eh?

>implying there's anything better than domming a dominant girl and watch her struggle to the very end

Except anime is shit.

Maybe if Sokka was the main character and they went full harem anime
>final episode has Sokka transform into full Wang Fire mode to defeat the fire god

You are all heathens who deserve to burn in only the absolute deepest layer of hell.

Yes.

I've always liked how ferocious and powerful Azula was all while being calm and calculative. This brought a whole new level of suspense and threat whenever the protag fought her.

of course bryke had to fuck that up by making her cuckoo for coco puff

Non-troll answer:

Yes. She was one of the best.

No. She was way too over the top.

I thought the show did well to not overemphasize her mental illness until the very end, when her breakdown was very much appropriate. All of her mannerisms throughout the show point to some psychological problems which I felt meaningfully culminated during the final episodes. Her attitude and nature is what evidences her insanity.

It's not like the show was subtly building up her breakdown, it was just sporadic hints of comparable dysfunction to Zuko that didn't exactly foreshadow a complete psychotic breakdown. She had clear anger issues when she didn't get her way and was a psychotic much like other villains in cartoons. No big deal. You're giving the writers too much credit.

Where is he? Did he die? Is he in prison?

needs to be a weeabo blush
a weeablush if you will

They could have foreshadowed her break a few episode earlier and not push everything on the back end but I'm not gonna be a contrarian here and say that she isn't.

>not foreshadowing a sudden personality change in female characters at the end of the series
hmm
HHMMMMMM

I wanted Ty Lee to dominate me.

>feisty/aggressive/dangerous girl
>user always wants to be dominated
>I always wanted to dom
>mfw fantasizing of that sweet moment of victory when they relent and let me take them

why is user always a passive beta

In real life girls don't pay me much attention.
I like the fantasy of a girl that is so into me, she just takes total control of my body.

Well, both are missing by the time LoK comes around.
I just want Azula to find happiness outside of having to manipulate others into being around her.
Sokkla is my favorite execution of that goal.

If you mean Azula/Zuko... there is certainly canon now for Azula to be secretly involved with Zuko as his secret advisor/master-of-assassins/mistress.

it was pretty obvious that the writers originally intended for her to be a highly competent but otherwise shallow villain with little characterization, and the mental illness and parent issues that contribute to her psychotic breakdown in the finale were hasty last minute additions to try to make her more sympathetic so that the final confrontation between her and zuko could be portrayed tragically. to the writers' credit they managed to use what little characterization she had up to that point to accomplish this and make it fit somewhat seamlessly with what we already knew about her, but it was still inconsistent with what we saw in earlier seasons where he was shown to basically have been born psycho. for example, her mother being freaked out by her childhood behavior was likely never intended to become as important of a plot point in her arc as it later became, but in season three they realized it was a good place to start with giving her a better reason to be crazy than just being evil for the sake of it

>parent issues that contribute to her psychotic breakdown in the finale were hasty last minute additions

At least it was hinted at during The Beach, though. Otherwise, you're right on the money.

>Every few minutes she blows a little puff of fire just over the tip closer and closer. She asks you to tell her when to stop.
>You get closer to climax, it gets harder to call off
Alas, poor boner! I knew him Horatio.

No. She's just a competent one.

Zuko and Korra are the only well written characters in the franchise.

I thought she was well-written and certainly unique. Don't remember the last time I saw a cartoon character go crazy in a reasonable way. I mean, the way she sinks into madness makes sense considering the circumstances she was living.

Although her story leaves me wanting to know more. I think the writers did a good job in making her interesting enough for people to want to build on top of what they see as her character in the series.

>Korra
>well written

Do people sincerely believe that? She had potential in Book One, but they dropped the ball by the finale. S2 was even worse where she somehow regresses with no real explanation. S3 and 4 tried to salvage her character, but nah. Zuko's alone.

But user, she did nothing wrong, so how could she be a villain?

I can't tell if this is accurate or not. I hope it's not.

People can't be this retarded right?
Oh wait, amerifats.

Yes.

>Azula wants to fuck her Dad
>Zuko wants to fuck his Mom
The Fire Nation is weird

Well they are based on japanese people

>villain

She was pretty good, certainly way better than anyone in LoK.

It took a little suspension of disbelief to accept that a 14 year old girl somehow figured out by herself how to bring down Ba Sing Se while experienced generals had been trying and failing to do it for about a hundred years, but whatever it's a kid's show.

I have a vague suspicion that a lot of the material written for Azula was originally intended by the writers to be for Ozai somehow, before Bryke insisted that he mostly be left until the finale, which wasn't necessarily a bad idea but it still could have been done better.

The way it turned out I thought Ozai was pretty underwhelming, to the point where I didn't really understand why Azula was obeying him at all. I was expecting him to be like Azula on steroids, when all he ended up being was stereotype villain man who's evil just because.

>stereotype villain man who's evil just because
And he played it beautifully. He didn't need any deeper reasoning. His pure evil was the reason he was the ultimate test of Aang's forgiveness.
Though I will admit that the comics explore his mindset better than the cartoon did.

Well the means through which Aang was able to forgive him were really contrived, but I get what you're saying.

I don't know, I kind of thought that the show was aspiring to be a bit better than it coming down to black vs white in the end. The show was at it's best during Season 2 when the overall conflict was shown to be more complex than that.

>It took a little suspension of disbelief to accept that a 14 year old girl somehow figured out by herself how to bring down Ba Sing Se
>a little
Azula taking over Ba Sing Se was pretty bullshit desu

>It took a little suspension of disbelief to accept that a 14 year old girl somehow figured out by herself how to bring down Ba Sing Se.

Yeah this part bothers me too. I only wish that Avatarverse had older characters. Imagine what the series would have been like if the main characters were all adults.

>lot of the material written for Azula was originally intended by the writers to be for Ozai somehow

It's a good thing they didn't go with Ozai going crazy, although one could argue he's already pretty crazy.

I wish we saw what young Ozai was like. In my own head-canon I like to think that Ozai would have been a lot like Zuko but without Iroh's guidance ended up choosing the dark side. Could have added to the tragedy of their family.

I like to think so.

Then again, it's been a while since I've watched the whole series, and I have a thing for psycho chicks, so...

Scrapper pls leave

Mumei from Spicy jalapenos of the Iron Fortress kinda resembles a heroic version of Azula.

Is Scrapper dead?
I hope so, he was probably the worst of tripfags.

Having anger issues and having a complete insane breakdown are two different things desu

E.g.: Zhao

I read this as "Korra is the only well written villain in the franchise" and for a second I was going to agree

Anyway your terrible opinion is wrong because Korra constantly regresses on huge life lessons that she needs to learn time and time again through the series which is just an insult to proper development and the audience's intelligence. It's such an embarrassingly frequent thing for Korra, calling her a good character is out of the question exactly because of it.

>Imagine what the series would have been like if the main characters were all adults.

Pretty much exactly the same?

Well-written? Not necessarily.

Fun to watch? Yes. Just like the rest of AtLA

>Azula
>villain

She did nothing wrong, buddy.

>One of the best cases of villains going batshit, certainly.

The great thing about Azula ( and Grey's portrayal) was that even when she was in control and manipulating people, you could tell that she wasn't quite right in the head. I mean one could already see that there was something up with her from her first appearance, where while watching her father burn off half of her brother's face, she reacts to it the way most kids that age did when the ice cream truck shows up. Not to mention Iroh just coming out and straight up saying " this bitch is fucked up in thew head". Even without that her performance was kinda subtle crazy up until the total mental break down.

Looking at the ending to the shitty live action movie, Brown Azula didn't get the whole "subtle" part and dialed it up to 11 right away.

>Brown Azula didn't get the whole "subtle" part and dialed it up to 11 right away
Perhaps.
I think that maybe the only shame about the live action movie series not taking off is that we wouldn't get Shlamayaman's interpretation of the Ursa/mirror hallucination scene.
It's probably the only scene in the entire franchise he's tonally in-tune with directing.

Just banned

>ninja fishnets
hhhhhhnnnnnggg

I think it was pretty well done. The Dai Li or whatever they were called knew the war was a lost cause by that point, so the heiress to the throne of the Fire Nation dropping herself into their lap and offering them a sweet gig in the new post-war order was something they would definitely go for. It is unrealistic that a kid her age could so quickly inspire them to follow her as a leader, but even if she had been a hapless prisoner the Dai Li might have actually carried out the exact same plan regardless, because it really was the best move for them

Scrapper. I know you're in here. I know that you're not putting on your name but I know that you're here.

She shouldn't have gone insane in the end. If the writers had huge guts, they would have had Zuko kill her.

I liked how she turned out to be delusional, but fuck the comic.

MAH NIGGA

Nice, now if only Lelouch and Boco would go the way of the dodo.