youtube.com/watch?v=BcNLEwf2pOw
davidsimon.com/whats-my-line/
youtube.com/watch?v=I_ULqLxMrkY
youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=VY6P_Ws0kzY
youtube.com/watch?v=HLreaAQA9kA
youtube.com/watch?v=z7baCckh-XE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I read that in his voice and it was delightful.

so what tv shows about cars are those

why is top gear so overrated among elitist old cunts

>he still watches tv
shows about cars

when there is an universal male hobby/interest on this planet, its cars. I´m a shit driver, don`t have a car and a very limited understanding of all the different models/brands. But I can enjoy car-tv show regardless.

>Lynch will never be a star in a reasonably priced car

Terribly curious what he drives irl

motorweek on PBS is my guess

He also said he likes Mad Men and Breaking Bad

I DONT WATCH FLICKS ANYMORE COOP, I SIMPLY WATCH ONLY TELEVISION!

Don't know, he mentions the channel they're on though:

Some would argue that Twin Peaks laid the groundwork for the golden age of television. What TV are you watching now?

I always said I loved Mad Men and Breaking Bad. But the only thing I watch now is the news and the Velocity channel. It’s about cars.

Why cars?

I love people who customize and build cars—they’re great artists with metal and machines. Do you know Brough Motorcycles, the British bikes? They thrill my soul.

>all I watch is TV shows about cars

Maserati, Porsche, Ferrari

in that order

A Honda Civic. He said in an interview once that he loves the economic price and reliability.

youtube.com/watch?v=BcNLEwf2pOw

No shit.

/film/ btfo right before it's born. Sup Forums confirmed kino.

>yfw he watches Triple D

absolutely based. tfw I'm basically lynch

>FANTASTIC VEHICLE! I LOVE THE ECONOMIC PRICE AND RELIABILITY!

I'd like to think its a really old well maintained one

>If I ever make a movie, David Lynch will never see it, and if he hears about it, he'll just say, "It's probably shit"

Film has a severe problem of fucking over writers. Any decent director is smart enough to realize that the ridiculous amount of power they're given while working on a film is seriously fucking up good scripts.

Fix this shit, and many great writers and directors will return.

What's some velocity network kino?

Lynch is amazing

Writers I know complain about this a lot.

Auteur theory is a cancer, very few directors are capable of living up to it, and yet all given the free reign like they can. And Terry Malick writes amazing scripts and drops them in the toilet for no reason.

>he still watches tv
It shows.

Mad Men, Breaking Bad and True Detective confirmed kino.

Mystery solved.

Holy shit I just realized David Lynch is Gordon Cole

Writer/directors constantly change their own scripts too, though. There's just a big difference between words written on a page, and words coming out of an actor's mouth. Any good director knows that you have to give the actors a little bit of space to make the character their own. Sometimes there's written dialogue that reads beautifully on the page, but it sounds awkward and unnatural when the actor says it. A great performance is a collaboration/compromise between the script, the director's vision, and the actor's interpretation.

That's just part of it. Many of the other changes that get made aren't necessarily a matter of creative disagreement, they're creative solutions to practical problems. Within the strict confines of a budget, production schedule, different shooting locations, the director sometimes has to condense or alter the scenes from what was originally written, find a way to get the point of the scene across with the resources available. Not to mention that shit ALWAYS changes or goes wrong at the last minute. It's not always possible to shoot everything exactly as the writer intended.

Everyone's got pride in their work, everyone's got an ego, so naturally the screenwriters bitch & moan when their words get changed around. But if they'd actually been on set, involved in the hard work of turning that script into a movie, they would've made the same changes for the same reasons.

>lynch drives a rice rocket

That show my dad watches with all the car shows

It's really good eye candy

This is what immediately came to my mind.

IM JOHN DAVIS AND THIS IS MOTORWEEK

Whatever the show with Chip Foose is.

What shitty taste
>people will actually defend this man

One of the best things I've seen written on this very topic is David Simon's blog about Oscar Isaac playing Nick in his miniseries Show Me a Hero.

And for those of you who have seen the miniseries, you'll understand how poignant and perfect this write-up is.

davidsimon.com/whats-my-line/

public access kino. that guy has been the same for so many years.

only faggots talk or care too much about cars

they're metal travel boxes u peabrain simpleton

OH IT SHOWS DAVID

Overhauling fag

best lynch spent his afternoon watching either cars.tv nor speed

>Lynch in sweatpants on a recliner marathoning Wheeler Dealers

Comfy mental image desu

I watch these all the time too. These and house restoration tv shows are 90% my time on cable tv.

Fag.

YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP, HEARING'S GONE. LONG STORY. GOT THESE THINGS CRANKED UP TO THE MAX!

Old rich men often collect cars, and they like watching shows about them.

Pretty simple.

>all I watch is TV shows about cars
What a Lynchian thing to say.

youtube.com/watch?v=I_ULqLxMrkY

I went on a 4 films a day binge on january and have watched maybe 3 films since then, burned out pretty good

reddit: the post

He's not missing much

>calling people out for partaking in simple pleasures as reddit

>say that to my face old man see what happens

Was he right?

youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0

There are actually some decent shows about cars not named Top Gear. I am kind of into the soap opera that is Street Outlaws. All the characters and cars and funny in a juvenile way, these middle aged men act like Juggalos. I just wish they could do anything else except drag racing.

Youtube has Mighty Car Mods.

I don't really LIKE Fast and Loud but occasionally its a car I am interested in.

common 'ddit posts
>came here to say that
>came here to post this
>I like totally read that in his voice

he's not wrong you know

About a David Lynch drive sequel then.

It would be Car KINO.

This.

Who else /WheelerDealers/ here?

>quotes with *descriptions* that we just fucking watched and you don't need to repeat with a "lol" at the end
>I died at....
>am I the only one that....

Sounds like he's taking the piss tbqh

If only he would direct a tv show about cars.

>it's got the sportiness and responsiveness of a bmw
>combined with the safety and chassis rigidity of a mercedes

But does it have the comfiness of a BMW?

nice

Three hour montage about the inside of a motor.

From the perspective of a dreaming hummingbird.

I'm a fan of Fantomworks, Chasing Classic Cars, Junkyard Empire, Steel Buddies

>'ddit
Kill yourself

>Alex Hirsch wanted David Lynch to voice Bill Cipher on Gravity Falls
>Was on the Cleveland Show for 4 entire seasons instead

What kind of Civic? SI? Type R? Hybrid?

How many times does he show up in the Cleveland Show? I want to see all of the scenes. Also just found this clip of him on Family Guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=VY6P_Ws0kzY

>In the future, please lay out some black coffee for me. Also in the past.

hes right though. All movies for the past few years have been really really boring. everything from blockbusters to "important issues" dramas to europoor art house ect.

Its also a giant waste of time. Just sitting there looking at a screen for 2 hours and getting nothing from it. I think movies are sort of out of date for the most part.

>driving a honda

WORD TO THE WISE. REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR

He shows up in nearly every episode

>How many times does he show up in the Cleveland Show?

every episode. Hes like a minor character, but always there.

The man is a national treasure,

youtube.com/watch?v=HLreaAQA9kA

You'll never be invited to his favourite diner and watch him and Kyle doodle

Reasonable priced car indeed, hope he modifies it though

confirmed bro

shit is comfy as fuck wouldn't be surprised

youtube.com/watch?v=z7baCckh-XE

David Lynch will never make a disney kino,

1994 EG hatch with a couple of simple mods:

I thin he's friends with Cleveland's voice actor or something.

cars are gay

I want him to make another comedy show. I haven't watched any of On the Air yet but I imagine a full on comedy by Lynch could be great.

You should watch On The Air. It's pretty funny in a madcap, slapstick kind of way.

>see David Lynch interview about film vs digital
>he said that when he saw a digital viewfinder and the ability to autofocus he thought it was the most amazing thing ever and he swore off film forever
>he went on to shoot a major hollywood movie on an early 2000's 480i camcorder made for shooting skateboard videos

The absolute madman

>Inland Empire
>major Hollywood movie
I get what you're saying though.

I can't tell if Lynch just trolls everyone or if he's serious in his weirdness.

Dude's bizarre.

Inland Empire sucked dick and looked like a school project, desu

>calls elizabeth moss and jon hamm by their character names

based

was thinking the same thing

Lynch is an eccentric guy who found a productive outlet for his autism. I mean, he's still not quite as weird as Jodorowsky.

>I haven't seen a movie in years.
It shows. The new Twin Peaks is clumsy. Everything is fine at the conceptual level, and the ideas are there, but the finished product seems the work of someone who hasn't watched a movie or seen a TV show in years.

Do you know where to find good copies of the episodes? I just downloaded them from Rutracker but they have burnt in Japanese subtitles.

Inland Empire is Lynch's best movie.

This image makes me sad

Edd China got kicked off the show because the new producers want to spend a lot less time in the shop

So basically there's no reason to watch anymore

>Inland Empire is Lynch's best movie.

CRACKIN