This is what's killing film

This is what's killing film.

Just watch more independent/foreign films. Helps quite a bit.

>what's killing film is people not saying "fuck" enough times

Explain why you think PG-13 is killing film.

>PG-13 is killing film

the problem may be more nuanced than you think

No, film is being killed by the monopolistic few companies that still create high budget film that refuse to take a chance on anything that isnt rehashed schlock, to maximize profits.

Also, CGI has made the production budgets skyrocket, despite only hiring 1000 chinese slaves to animate.

Also, they refuse to hire any new talent and broaden the pool of actors. Instead they continue to hire only one of a dozen people that have a resume which shows modest audience draw, and pay them too much fucking money to do so. ScarJo, JLaw, Felicity Jones, Alicia Vikander. Pay them 20 million for a half-assed performance rather than an unknown woman that is cuter and is a better actor for 1/20th of the cost

Every star wars and Indiana Jones is either pg or pg13

what's killing film is that cinema attendance has been dropping since 2002, particularly among adults over 35

and theyre both shit for plebs

First Indiana Jones movie was actually initially rated R but brought down to PG later.

adults over 35 were always a tiny demographic. the problem is hollywood started targeting teens just as the internet started increasing in popularity thus giving teens hundreds of alternatives to the movies.

Nope. R rating is killing film. Nowadays if you say fuck more than twice, it's an instant R rating. Don't even need to show any violence or sexual content. Just say fuck fuck fuck.

>from R to PG
How?

Clever editing. Plus, PG-13 didn't exist yet. PG movies were able to get away with a lot more back then.

It's been like that since PG-13 was introduced. And how can the R rating be what's killing film when the majority of blockbusters are PG-13 and actively avoid getting an R rating?

I think it might have been before release though so it wasn't "released" with an R rating. That's the kind of thing that happened before PG-13 was introduced. You'd either get a PG or an R. Apparently the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre was filmed in an attempt to get a PG rating but ended up with an R.

>big company/director wants titties, blood, swearing and ultraviolence
>PG-13

>Little guy wants the same thing
>whoops that's an R rating goyim don't be going to show this to minors now

Can't think of very many times this has happened. Big PG-13 movies are visibly pretty sterile and lack swearing except that one or two allowed f bombs. Some do get away with some violence I wouldn't expect though, like Cloverfield.

Though on the other side I have no fucking idea why the new Mad Max movie didn't try to get a PG-13 rating. There was almost nothing in that movie I thought deserved an R rating and I thought it was PG-13 until a little while after I watched it. They might as well have gone further with the content since it seems like a waste.

i heard if it didnt have one scene in it then it wouldve been pg. thats fucking crazy.

No, it's the entire lack of weight to any violence or action. It's all cheesy nothing, imagine what could really be shown if we abolished the PG-13 rating. It's not needed anymore in the current digital age where 4th graders have smart phones.

Space Balls was rated PG-13 when it first came out, too. Times have changed and the PG-13 label must go.

t. Amerikek

>And how can the R rating be what's killing film when the majority of blockbusters are PG-13 and actively avoid getting an R rating?
That is precisely WHAT is killing movies. They're all bland and uninteresting because they don't have the balls to commit to any serious action without risking "losing audiences."
So you have a bunch of half-way violent films that are still inappropriate for children, but they still go because of the easy-entry rating.

Actually, Spaceballs was rated PG because PG-13 didn't exist yet.

I believe they came up with PG-13 because of Temple of Doom, in fact

Yes.
Also, Star Wars (at least the Original Trilogy) got a U rating in the UK, which is the equivalent of a G rating in the US.