Ren is fucked up, man.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ASL5bnnOMrs
youtube.com/watch?v=vsQrKZcYtqg
youtube.com/watch?v=s-ji8Oo5q3o
youtube.com/watch?v=ccC6LcqwS5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=lL1cFARtncw
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/増田敏彦
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-05-27/anime-studios-success-calculated-based-on-10-years-of-disc-sales/.88558
youtube.com/watch?v=HMaYG3tl3dI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It hasn't been obvious from the start?

Ren had a hard life, user. Not many people could withstand everything he experienced and come out sane and rational. Ren, unfortunately, was not one of those people.

DON'T! WHIZZ! ON!

The Electric Fence!

>remember watching as a kid Ren & Stimpy
>remeber once watching an episode of I think it was the adult version
>shit happens and Ren is attached to Stimpy body
>feel bad for the poor guy and you think he would have enough and suddenly more shit happens
>at the end Ren head is only attached to Stmpy but is attached over his butt
>Doctor: ''Hey Stimpy have some beans''
He has reasons to be fucked up

No, that was the normal, Nick version. For kids.

>THE DIRT WONT COME OFF

My hands... dirty. THE DIRT WON'T COME OFF!
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

really? man 90's were some fucked up time then
do you remeber the 90's version of mighty mouse? I remember an episode that was mighty mouse goes to trial because some shit happens but everything was a dream at the end

These hands... these DIRTY HANDS... and with these hands, I hold the fate of MILLIONS!
They think he's a GOD, BUT WE KNOW he's as mortal as we I KNOW what I must do!
Just one small TWIST...and it's over.

I memorized that bit from Space Madness about the ice cream bar and used to say it to myself in the bathtub as a kid.

You're not like the others. You like the same things I do! Wax paper, boiled football leather, dog breath. We're not hitch hiking anymore... WE'RE RIDING!

We gotta get outta here! Before they let loose the marmosets!

>That fucking episode showing how Ren used to torture animals as a kid

Shit was dark as fuck

i identify with him more than any other character i've seen in fiction

it hurts

NICE TO ALL THOSE INSIPID LITTLE MONKEYS

I'm gonna HIT ya... And yer gonna fall...

Ren Seeks Help gives you a nice look into his psyche

But first....BUT FIRRRRRST....

I gotta take a whiz!

So, uh... you wanna know what's wrong with you? You really wanna know what's wrong? I'll tell you what's wrong with you.

YOU'RE FUCKING CRAZY! THAT'S WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!

Hey man! You're supposed to be a doctor!

I found this show to be extremely creepy. Would watch it during Snick at my grandmother's house every weekend.
That one where they get sucked into the black hole and they kept mutating really made me uneasy as a kid. Especially when it shows the title card afterward with their eyes missing.

Doctor? I'M A HORSE YOU LUNATIC! I'M GONNA BEAT THE LIVING HELL OUTTA YOU

You SICK LITTLE MONKEY

I still say this qoute frequently.

i masturbated to that scene

not because of ren torturing animals but his parents were making out in the foreground and his mom had a nice ass

KOWALSKI. WANTS.
MEEEEAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT!

is it true people only started hating that episode because mr enter didn't like it?

So, you whizzed on the electric fence, huh?

What kind of sandwich would you like?

MEEEEAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTT

What kind of bread?

> Oh, what I'm gonna do to you.

>man 90's were some fucked up time then
Oh come on, it's just a juvenile joke. To me it sounds just like the kind of grossout idea a kid would come up with.

Watch "Champion" starring Kirk Douglas and be pleasantly surprised.

MEEEATT!

I hated it even as a kid because that shit wasn't funny.

Wuss.

Cartoons don't have to be funny.

>that corner logo
They're rerunning this show again? What country is this?

The person who wrote that episode later got a job at DreamWorks and directed Madagascar.

It's a shame that this show gets shit on constantly now. It's pretty enjoyable from time to time.

>I... I was a passive limpdick pussy who didn't stand up for himself and speak out when it was absolutely necessary today.

I hate that feel.

How about how fucked up egg yolkeo was? That ending was fucking dark. It still bugs me out now as much as it did when I was 5 or 6.

Why can't CN and Nick still air shows of this quality and humor
Obviously they were allowed to show disturbing and violent cartoons bsck then, so there should be no reason they air the flavorless trash they do these days.

Fucking current age

I'm not your DAD! I'm only your FAKE DAD! And only for THIS WEEKEND!

Be nice to the product of your loins.

MY FAKE LOINS!

Because that will bring in more adults then kids.

Did anybody else really like Ren and Stimpy as a kid precisely because of how demented it was? It used to fascinate me due to it being so different compared to pretty much every other kid's show at the time. Also the animation and aesthetics, it was like a disturbed twist on 50's-early 60's aesthetics with animation that was way ahead of the curve of pretty much any other made-for-TV-cartoon at the time. The mix of stock 50's music and classical pieces, with the bluesy intro and outro really helped to set the tone too.

Those Spielberg toons will like to have a word with you.

that explains a lot about what came after the madagascar movie

Famicom please, that has nothing to do with anything I was referring to. The Spielberg aesthetics were based off of the era before that, the music was largely originally composed and didn't rely on stock music, and the overall tone was far, far more lighthearted than Ren and Stimpy. That's fucking apples and oranges man.

That has to be one of my favorite moments in the show. Really wish there had been a spin-off show with Ren & Stimpy's space escapades

Oh look, it's THAT pic again.

>90's version of mighty mouse
Thanks for reminding me of that

80s, not 90s.
Why is that a issue, it's a worthy picture.
More like apples to filet mignon.

>earth-26 ultraman

>it's a worthy picture
No it isn't. It makes some true points and some completely false points. Here, I'll take the bait:
>American cartoons in the 1930s and 1940s were great
true
>Japanese cartoons in the '30s and '40s were shit
Also true
>1960s, 1970s, and 1980s cartoons had shit animation
True for the most part.
>TMS saved animation
Total bullshit. On average their animation is better than most shitty anime, but they're still bad compared to '40s and '50s cartoons. Being the top animation studio out of a bunch of bad animation studios is not "saving animation".

>TMS's "The Return of the Joker"
This is maybe the worst lie you perpetuate - as if TMS was a partner in these productions. The outsourced animation studios were not (and are not) partners in the production, it's not their show. They get storyboards or layouts and they fill in the details from point A to point B, which is why most of the animation is so shitty in the first place.

TMS does timing really badly, everything moves like it's swimming through water, no accents, no snap, and too much settle.

WEBM related. Look at all the variety in timing. In anime (and most of TMS's animation) everything moves like the tobacco squirt, very evened out. Here it was evened out for comedic effect (as if the tobacco was on rails, going exactly where it should). Anime has either completely evened out timing or slow-fast-slow timing. Timing is one of the most important things in animation and it's nearly completely missing from anime, making everything move the same way.

the mpreg ep still haunts me

Mighty Mouse started as a parody of Superman.

youtube.com/watch?v=ASL5bnnOMrs

>Total bullshit. On average their animation is better than most shitty anime, but they're still bad compared to '40s and '50s cartoons. Being the top animation studio out of a bunch of bad animation studios is not "saving animation".
First off, TMS' animation is excellent, if they were not then Ghibli would of not used them in almost every film they did.

Also, you want smooth animation from TMS, well here you go.
youtube.com/watch?v=vsQrKZcYtqg (directed by Toshihiko Masuda)
youtube.com/watch?v=s-ji8Oo5q3o (sakugaed by Kazuhide Tomonaga, directed by Kenji Hachizaki)
youtube.com/watch?v=ccC6LcqwS5Y (sakugaed by Yoshinobu Michihata, directed by Kazuhide Tomonaga)

In short, they did save animation but Bakshi Mighty Mouse was the first show to give TMS a run from their money 100% of the way.

>This is maybe the worst lie you perpetuate - as if TMS was a partner in these productions.
They were.

>The outsourced animation studios were not (and are not) partners in the production, it's not their show.
Yes they were, they even make money off the DVDs.

They get storyboards or layouts and they fill in the details from point A to point B, which is why most of the animation is so shitty in the first place.
Please count how many Japanese key animators are on here.
youtube.com/watch?v=lL1cFARtncw
1 Japanese director, 4 Japanese animation directors (who also do the layout sheets) and 19 Japanese key animators; leagues above inbetweens.

TMS also did their own boards as well.
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/増田敏彦

>TMS does timing really badly, everything moves like it's swimming through water, no accents, no snap, and too much settle.
Please watch the videos i posted, timing is excellent.

What about the other templates (John K, Startoons, Tumblr BS and the last one)?

>youtube.com/watch?v=vsQrKZcYtqg
shit
>youtube.com/watch?v=s-ji8Oo5q3o
shit
>youtube.com/watch?v=ccC6LcqwS5Y
The same anime "stringly flesh going crazy" animation that's been done a thousand times.

>Please count how many Japanese key animators are on here.
I see a lot of credits... after the "production assistant" credits. Meaning these guys were less important than the guys who get coffee. Might as well call it a co-production with the guys who get coffee. Both legally speaking and artistically speaking, it's not a co-production. TMS worked on it, yes, but they didn't produce it, and it's certainly not "TMS's Tiny Toons" like you keep saying.

>timing is excellent
You know, you keep saying that, but it won't make it true.

Let me confront you with reality for a minute:
You say:
TMS made all these great cartoons in the '90s.
TMS actually produced them, was artistically responsible for them.

Then why doesn't TMS produce its own hit show? Or even its own show, period?

Klasky Csupo made a hit or two in the '90s (and unlike TMS, they actually MADE them, not just animated them). And then they kept making shows that were poorly received (personally I never even liked Rugrats and I'm surprised it was a hit, but that's beside the point).

Do you see the difference between Klasky Csupo and TMS? It's the difference between "producing a show" (K-C) and being "animation production" (TMS).

Nobody doubts that an outsourced studio can have an artistic impression on a show (like Klasky Csupo had on The Simpsons, which is NOT a Klasky Csupo show even though they did animation for it).

So bottom like you have a slight problem with reality, and you can't tell the difference between PRODUCTION (actually making a show, conceptually, artistically, etc) and ANIMATION PRODUCTION (just getting told what to animate from storyboards etc, with little to no influence)

But the worst thing is you're completely blind to bad animation.

What about them?

You're Delusional, seek help.

TMS did have say, otherwise explain this.

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-05-27/anime-studios-success-calculated-based-on-10-years-of-disc-sales/.88558

Out of 47 shows that were released on DVD, only 5 of them passed 300 copys, those were Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, The Sylvester And Tweety Mysteries, Batman The Animated Series and Superman The Animated Series in that order.

Anyway.
>Then why doesn't TMS produce its own hit show? Or even its own show, period?
TMS has Lupin III.

>K-C talk
Simpsons was Akom, even on the shorts Akom was always doing until season 3 when Anivision came along then Rough Draft a season later when Film Roman replaced K-C due to their contract with Nick.

Sure, K-C was on board, but the animation was still ditched to Korea.

It's why K-C needs a come back, Rugrats X Simpsons will do fine as others pointed out, Tommy & Bart will work just as well as Stewie & Bart.

You only bought up the TMS & pre-80s related panels and nothing about the post 70s non-TMS panels.

>TMS did have say, otherwise explain this.
>sales data
What does sales data have to do with anything?

>TMS has Lupin III
Finally you say something true. Now, can you see the difference in credits between Lupin III and Tiny Toons? I'll give you a hint: TMS is a producer on Lupin III but not Tiny Toons.

>Simpsons was Akom
The point is Simpsons ISN'T a Klasky-Csupo production and it ISN'T an Akom production.
There's a very strong point here that you're deliberately missing in order to aggrandize TMS for whatever reason.

Nobody calls The Simpsons a Klasky-Csupo show because conceptually, artistically, and legally, it isn't, even though Klasky-Csupo worked on the show.

>What does sales data have to do with anything?
That TMS makes money on those shows.

TTA was a co-production was the thing.

>Nobody calls The Simpsons a Klasky-Csupo show because conceptually, artistically, and legally, it isn't, even though Klasky-Csupo worked on the show.
No, they don't call it a Klasky-Csupo show because it dose not look like their other shows (Nick stuff), it's now a Film Roman show.

They're kinda beside the point but okay.
>John K pushed for more fun in animation
That's true, but none of his animation had any mainstream influence other than Ren & Stimpy. Sure, animators might remember that episode of The Jetsons where cartoony stuff happens, and animators may remember Beany & Cecil and Mighty Mouse as having extreme artistic liberty (but terrible, rushed animation), but that's more of an undercurrent that influenced animators directly, rather than something that gained mainstream attention.
>Startoons was a mini-TMS in the '90s
Same conceptual problem as the TMS bullshit. Startoons did work on cartoony cartoons like Taz-Mania (and personally I find their animation way better than Tiny Toons and Animaniacs) but it wasn't THEIR show, they were just the animation production studio -- outsourced labor. If an animated show is a building, then the building belongs to the architects and the engineers that plan it. Sure, the actual construction is done by contractors, and it's very important to have good contractors, but the building isn't produced by the contractors. In this sense TMS and Startoons were the contractors who physically built the building, but they didn't design or engineer it.
>everything from the 2000s on is shit
This really has to be taken on a show-by-show basis because you can't lump Family Guy and The Last Airbender in the same category.

TMS did design and engineer their own building however.

>This really has to be taken on a show-by-show basis because you can't lump Family Guy and The Last Airbender in the same category.
Unless you want to split bad action show apart from bad comedy shows, yes they do.

Also, the last panel, the one about hope in the industry.

>That TMS makes money on those shows.
But it doesn't actually name any shows, and even if it did, it doesn't make TMS the producer of those shows.

>No, they don't call it a Klasky-Csupo show because it dose not look like their other shows
Uh, Doug (1996-1999) doesn't look like Disney's other shows but it's still a Disney show, owned by Disney and produced by Disney. What a show looks like has nothing to do with whether it was produced by a certain studio or not.

The bottom line here is that while TMS worked on these shows, they did not produce them, they are not "TMS shows", and TMS had very little influence over the show with a few minor exceptions.

>TMS did design and engineer their own building however.
Yes, you already mentioned Lupin III.
Notice the difference in credits between Lupin III and Animaniacs, for example.

Next to nothing from Disney's post 95 TV output looked like Disney as Disney's own units were doing DTV movies by that time, Disney Australia even did A Goofy Movie for crying out loud.

Disney Japan did Pooh's Grand Adventure.

TMS had truck loads of influence over those shows.
youtube.com/watch?v=HMaYG3tl3dI

There is none other then Americans on board on the later.

>the last panel, the one about hope in the industry
>generic anime girl
>animation renaissance
Whatever you say.

See pic related? This is the state of anime character design right now. Everybody's doing slight variations on the same thing. It's sad. Not pictured: the state of anime animation and writing (it's worse)

Laura Haruna is not generic, she sticks out as much as Buster & Babs.

Also.
>Love To Live By
>It's A Wonderful Day For Pie.

>TMS had truck loads of influence over those shows.
Wow, a background character that does nothing and appears for 3 seconds! SO MUCH INFLUENCE!!!

Artistically TMS had very little influence, outside of a few exceptions (like that one scene in Batman that someone already posted). Even if you do factor in all of their influence, they simply aren't "TMS shows". Animating one scene doesn't make it your show. TMS's real influence on these shows is in how bad the timing is and how everything moves really poorly.

so is speilberg gonna do more cartoons or does he only do movies now?

>she sticks out as much as Buster & Babs
You mean those slight variations on an existing character? And that doesn't even begin to go into the way they're animated, which on an entirely different level. If their character design is a copy of good character design, the way they're animated is a copy of bad animation.

TMS had truck loads of influence, Avatar even used The Wuzzles as a base of their animal hybrids.

That is false.

Seek help Thad.

He never made any, he just financed them.

To the guys arguing against Famicom, it's not worth it, he's been posting for fucking years and is quite likely literally autistic.

Also when you call him out he'll say that he's not Famicom and that you should seek help. He uses the "seek help" line a lot really, as you can already see.

They were made by Tom Ruegger who left Disney months ago as 7D is ending.

Not here and I'm not autistic.

I'm doing this myself after other failed at teaching you guys right from wrong.

...and were The Wuzzles designed by TMS?
Spoiler: No.

Plus, you're confusing influence over the show with influence over TMS. For example when Klasky Csupo "stepped out of line" and did some crazy animation on The Simpsons, Matt Groening told them to cut that shit out. The Simpsons isn't a Klasky Csupo show, not artistically and not legally. The same way, even if TMS worked on The Wuzzles, it wasn't artistically their show, and it sure as fuck wasn't their show from a legal standpoint. Look at the building analogy again. Disney were the architects and engineers and so on. TMS were the brick-layers and welders and so on. The Wuzzles sure as hell isn't a "TMS show".

I wonder how Ruegger went from TTA to Pacman TAS.

I think that denying that anime character design is extremely inbred is almost worse than denying that WB and Disney shows that TMS worked on don't belong to TMS.

I mean, talk to a cartoon fan and tell them that Family Guy and The Simpsons have extremely similar character design, no problem. Tell an anime fan that two popular anime shows by different companies have extremely similar character design, they go off on you like you just shat in their cereal.

They had a style that was apart from what Startoons & Wang were doing.

Also by that logic that will make Detective Conan a Shogakukan show and not a TMS show but guess what, it's still a TMS show as in Japan they go by head animation studio.

Ruegger was leaching off of Speilberg.

On his own it's clear what happen with out him, same with Blue Jacket Lupin III with TMS' crew.

2 can play that game.

It's probably not Famicom, just someone else using Famicom's retarded TMS-worship. For all intents and purposes it doesn't matter who's actually saying it, it's wrong either way.

What game are you playing?

>mr enter
literally who?

Match the design.
Nothing is retarded here, Also I also hang out in Loud House topics if you don't mind.

But what japs did the Moomin anime?

>Watch "Champion" starring Kirk Douglas
I spotted "Didn't you hear 'em?" and a paraphrase over "Didn't you see the crowds", "We're not hitchhiking anymore, we're riding." Is there more? This movie is really boring,

TMS for Moomin 69 Ep.1-26
Mushi for Moomin 69 Ep.27-65 and all of New Moomin
Telescreen & Visual 80 for Moomin 90

>Match the design.
But you're posting designs from different decades. I was posting designs from different companies (Disney, MGM, Sullivan/Messmer, Harman-Ising, others) were all copying each other in the same decade, which led to stagnation both in the quality of their cartoons and, most obviously, in their character design.

I also did different companies as well (Pa Works, J.C Staff, A1, Shaft, KyoAni, TMS/Telecom, Toei, Madhouse, AIC, Sunrise/BNP and Ghibli).

But not the same decade.

Answering their STUPID letters...