WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES

Humans and apes are at war, but Caesar still wants to avoid bloodshed. During a scouting mission, Caesar and Maurice find Nova, a young girl whose parents succumbed to the Simian Flu, although Nova herself is immune. Maurice takes her in and brings her back to the ape sanctuary despite Caesar's reluctance. They also find a fugitive chimp from a nearby military camp.

Caesar and his forces intercept a group of soldiers scouting the apes' territory. One of the soldiers, Preacher, asks Caesar to spare his comrades unaware that their capture was planned so their Colonel could track Caesar's precise location. The Colonel and his men attack the sanctuary, Caesar's wife gets killed in the crossfire and several apes are captured and tortured for information.

Caesar and his remaining forces mount a rescue attempt, but are betrayed by several apes who have decided to help the human in exchange for being spared. Caesar ends up being captured and placed in a concentration camp where he's tortured by the Colonel.

Preacher objects to the Colonel's extremism and treats the apes with kindness. He ends up informing Caesar about the base's weaknesses. The Colonel decides to publically execute Caesar and his loyalists, but the drifter chimp sacrifices himself to allow Caesar to escape and retake the base.

A massive battle erupts. Caesar uses grenades to destroy the soldiers' equipment and trigger a massive snowstorm that gives the apes the upper hand. He kills the Colonel in combat and has the surviving humans rounded up. Preacher objects to Caesar doing the very same thing the Colonel did, but Caesar claims that's the nature of war. Caesar then kills some soldiers and enslaves some others, sparing only Preacher and Nova, but exiles them from their land, leaving Preacher to look after Nova. Caesar then takes his throne and declares Earth is now a PLANET OF THE APES. Maurice and Caesar's son Bright Eyes are clearly uncomfortable with Caesar's new attitude.

Thank you for letting me save some bucks

>Dictator Caesar

Interesting.

Koba was right.

Did Koba really die in Dawn?

Yes.

>so this is it huh, we finally won a War for the Planet of the Apes

When are they going to finally get around to making an actual Planet of the Apes movie instead of these glorified reboots of the dozens of shitty prequel spin-offs of the original Planet of the Apes?

Is this code for the race war?

The astronauts were mentioned in the first. I guess they still have that option.

>Caesar uses grenades to destroy the soldiers' equipment and trigger a massive snowstorm that gives the apes the upper hand.

wut

>apes end up winning because a "good" human betrays the over the top bloodthirsty "evil" human
Fuck that sounds bad. Literally everything I hoped they wouldn't do.

Theres already two of them.

Honestly, the prequel stuff was what genuinely needed rebooting. Escape, Conquest, and Battle were all shit

But when does humanity take back the planet?

Never, we blow it up

So what happened to the human family from the last movie?

Presumably dead like everyone else stupid enough to help the apes

I read somewhere that this is the final movie with Caesar as the protag, so a movie that take place in the future is a definite possibility

But did the IDEA of Koba die...?

This seems real.

I don't know. Your ending is exactly the same as a much faker spoiler earlier today. I'm not buying it for that reason. I don't think Caesar will go bad. He's a wise leader.

Seriously. What fucking human would choose the end of their race by helping the leader of the Apes? Literally retarded, hope it's not true. It might be.

Preacher is a chimp

Who honestly watches this and wants the apes to win

liberals

Actually, you are super duper wrong...

Escape is pretty much considered by all as the second best film of the original series, right behind the original.

Battle is dogshit but Conquest has it's defenders though most argue that the changes made to the ending were for the best since it made more sense character-wise for Ceaser

Liberals

Ceaser has to die and has to die in a coup with the other apes bringing about the Planet of the Apes dictatorship.

That was the original plan for the original series. They pussied out though with the last film due to Conquest being so dark, that they changed it to an ending where the future had been changed to make both human and ape live in harmony.

Wait, doesn't the trailer have footage of apes and humans working together to defend the base against an outside human force? Who are they fighting?

will they take some notes from true human-monkey toonkino?

I'd rather have sexy ape girls

>What fucking human would choose the end of their race by helping the leader of the Apes?

A white one