Metal Gear (2019)

So, if they do the Metal Gear film, I think they should just drop the "Solid" and merge Outer Heaven Uprising/Zanzibar Land Disturbance stories together while making it original and it's own thing with a modern day setting to make it more relevant.

How are they going to cast Solid Snake, Liquid Snake then Solidus, Venom Snake and Big Boss? What are they going to do? Looper prostetics will look silly. I'm thinking if they cast Solid/Liquid, they also need to cast an actor who looks like the actor aged and older.

>Christian Bale is still one of my picks because if they cast Daniel Day-Lewis as Big Boss, Solidus and Venom then they can use a mix of CGI and prostetics to make them look alike, nose changes, slightly broad chin, ears and same hairlines

Daniel Day-Lewis as Big Boss would be so kino, that the story can't be a film like Ghost in the Shell or a simple action flick, it has to be deep, meaningful and philosphical without being preachy.

>A film where the protagonist has to infiltrate a base, with the tension being the focus
>Bizarre moments along with characters, grounded, realistic dealing with "well, I'm sure the US Government knows about a true psychic character and are using him for their benefits"
>Surreal moments
>On the surface, an action piece, beneath a surreal puzzle that unravels to reveal a powerful secret society (Illuminati or Cipher in this case)
>Has all the ingredients to be Stanley Kubrick 2001 good, I picture it as a spy/thriller version of Sicario, gritty, raw, realistic
>Sets up prequel with Daniel Day-Lewis as Naked Snake with another original story involving The Boss/Snake Eater & The Phantom Pain

I like American Psycho as much as the next user but Bale has sucked ass in every other film he's starred in.

Kojima is a hack.

>Making a movie about a video game inspired by movies

Metal Gear doesn't really offer up much besides semi-original characters, and characters are tied to their voices, so whatever this movie will be it won't be for the fans of Metal Gear, who are the only people who might've cared about it.

Daniel Day-Lewis is a brilliant character actor, and you're talking about him playing a character who barely has any. You might be clinically afflicted with something that affects your mind, OP.

R.I.P John Cygan.

Oh man John Cygan is dead, that sucks..it was a great voice actor

Pineapples and Five Five Sixers

cast him

Daniel Day-Lewis will have plenty to chew through.

First film should be:

>A Russian nuclear physicist and a European robotics engineer want to defect to the United States
>US Government & CIA send in top-secret elite unit Foxhound to a Zanzibar which has been turned into militarized soldier state by a legendary American mercenary in co-juncture with the Government of Zanzibar
>Enters a fortified area where the scientists are
>One of the Foxhound members, “Gray Fox” is captured and tortured
>Commander Big Boss sends in Solid Snake who manages to rescue and evacuate the defectors
>Attempts to find Gray Fox along the way uncovers Zanzibar (a state who profit from the war economy by being one of the strongest militaries in the world) and it’s Elite Unit
>Comes across the legendary American mercenary leading Zanzibar and the Metal Gear, based off of the TX-55. A downgrade since they had to get rid of their former scientist/engineer (Prequel story)
>Revealed to be Big Boss, Boss asks him to join him, Snake refuses and kills Big Boss
>Campbell takes command of the mission, US bombs Zanzibar
>Snake escapes, rescuing children and civilians
>Four years later
(CONTINUED)

>UN Inspection Team jailed for corruption for accepting bribes
>Gray Fox is seen by US intel sources
>In a new military soldier nation has risen up called Outer Heaven located in the Middle-East
>New Foxhound has a more organized support team including Miller
>US Government send in Snake to find Fox
>Outer Heaven far superior to Zanzibar, Foxhound, even the US with their technological advancements
>Development of a new Metal Gear able to fire a pod into space which fires off six nuclear warheads to anywhere in the world
>Fox is alive and has defected from the US and joined Outer Heaven
>Fox fights Snake on a minefield, Fox’s legs get blown off, Snake makes a tourniquet as he has a bro moment with his bro
>Snake finds Big Boss, the real Big Boss, who tells him the truth
>He is being used as a puppet by Cipher, who control the world
>Big Boss he killed was his Phantom and this uprising is about taking back control from Cipher so there is no starvation, poverty, inequality world-wide, Outer Heaven’s purpose is not a military state, it’s a haven for the poor, the broken, the hungry, the orphans, widows, the forgotten soldiers but tells Snake to finish his mission
>Metal Gear is epic
>Big Boss tells him that he is Snake’s father and that he has two brothers, Eli and George, he says words to him that Boss’ mentor said to him
>Snake kills the legendary Big Boss
>US President is impeached
>Snake visists Big Boss’ grave and salutes
>New US President George Sears takes over as Snake moves to Alaska

Metal Gear 2 would be about Foxhound going rogue led by Eli who takes over a base being used to create a new Metal Gear, codenamed "Rex", former Foxhound members are killed off, along with Miller, everyone except Snake who has gone off grid, the new Foxhound turn the base into the new Outer Heaven, which is smaller military wise in capacity but it's Metal Gear Rex is ultimately superior. After, a prequel about Big Boss/Zero/Snake Eater/Phantom Pain or MGS2

Hollywood will never make a great video game movie. Ever. The MGS movie will suffer the same fate as Ass Creed and other past VGMs. It willl be a generic HOLY SHIT!!!!! EXPLOSIONS!!!! Michael Bay-esque action-packed shit show. Don't get your hopes up. And btw, DDL would never waste his time on shit like this. Dude takes his craft seriously

I think if the story is pitched to him with a lot of research done on CIA/US Government Special Force Units, cloning, weapons development, exploring the concept of an all-powerful organization and setting that in a very realistic, grounded world. Maybe.

Even the threat of a Metal Gear in real life sounds terrifying. Combine that with the Government conspiracy angle. A beautiful film about those threats done in a masterful way would bring DDL on board.

People know the CIA get up to shady shit. It'd probably just do a year's worth of research on stuff like this.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, The Newsroom, Homeland and Sicario are primary influences, demographic would be adults

>>A film where the protagonist has to infiltrate a base, with the tension being the focus
>>Bizarre moments along with characters, grounded, realistic dealing with "well, I'm sure the US Government knows about a true psychic character and are using him for their benefits"
>>Surreal moments
>>On the surface, an action piece, beneath a surreal puzzle that unravels to reveal a powerful secret society (Illuminati or Cipher in this case)

Exactly how I've always pictured it.

Not bad at all.

I always had the first movie being about the Shadow Moses incident. I think realistically they will cut a lot of stuff. I don't think Snake even needs to be a clone.

I liked to read this OP, first hand insight into autism. Thanks.

anyone else think based Cruise would be a logical choice for Snake?
it's too bad Clint Eastwood is so old cuz otherwise he would be my easy first choice.

Cruise is about 20 years too old himself

Well young Kurt Russel is the perfect choice since that is who the character is ripped off of.

Stupid

>making a movie adaptation of a video game that already basically plays out like an interactive movie

What's even the point? The story of MGS gains absolutely nothing from being told in a movie rather than a game, if anything it detracts from it.

This is one of the many reasons why vidya adaptations will always be shit. Adapting books works because you're adding a new visual layer that isn't present in the source material, but with a game adaptation you're actually stripping away the layer of interactivity that makes the medium unique.

The best way to make a video game adaptation would be to base it off of an old game with primitive graphics and a bare bones plot. Story in most older games was a completely unimportant aspect of the game, so losing that interactivity wouldn't harm it much; and the bare bones plot gives you a basic premise that can actually be expanded on without shitting all over the source material. Something like MGS, on the other hand, is already a fully fleshed out story that could only be turned into a film if numerous aspects of it were removed.

This is why I'm actually pretty hopeful about the Castlevania series, it looks like it's taking the extremely basic story of Castlevania 3 about a guy meeting some friends on his way to kick Dracula's ass and fleshing it out.

yeah but I hate kurt russel. Never liked escape from NY or LA either

Snake's Revenge only. Considered non-canon so you can do fuck-all without triggering the nerdcredbros and generate hype with the "DID YOU KNOW THAT NINTENDO METAL GEARS ARE NOT KOJIMA GAMES ?" and quite possible "KOJIMA WANTED TO BE A FILM DIRECTOR AND NOW THEY MADE A MOVIE BASED OFF A GAME THAT HE DIDN'T MAKE FROM A SERIES HE CREATED. HOW IRONIC SOMETHING SOMETHING SHEEV POST" post that would pop up.
Throwback to the lesser budgeted Chuck Norris flicks.
Throws you into the action without the thinking story (wasn't Predator supposed to have been a more intelligent movie but ended up an action flick?)
Snake can talk to his buddies on the field or whatever for more exposition rather than hide somewhere and play out a Tom Clancy audiobook.

yeah but he looks 30.

Anyone think jeremy renner would be a good liquid snake?

>I hate kurt russel. Never liked escape from NY or LA either

*adjusts fedora*
*corrects posture*
Micheal Biehn

Because different mediums do things differently

"Metal Gear is like a movie you interact with" is a meme. It is very, very much a video game and not a movie with all the differences and limitations that entails

The plot of MGS is told almost entirely through movie like cutscenes and codec conversations. Both of these are spliced in between sections of gameplay, many of which take place during plot important moments, such as Snake battling the Foxhound members.

The way that the story is told can very much be summarized as an interactive movie.

>young hugh jackman will never play solid snake
>never have a film about old snake simply called Snake

You sound delusional as fuck.

That's what I based my two posts off, Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake if you read it. I just switched some places around, combined those 8-bit games into an original story that is a grounded, realistic take on the Metal Gear series that should leave the viewer with more questions than answers.

Especially when they see Senator George Sears, who looks like Big Boss (except with both eyes) at the end on Snake's television as he is out dog-sledding.

>Leading to Foxhound becoming the villians and a retired Solid Snake coming in to face his brother, Eli, who says they are clones of Big Boss... Mentioning more of who Cipher are, George Sears as the third clone who has accelerated aging, change their birthdates to 1979, with the first Metal Gear taking place in 2005, Big Boss' Outer Heaven in 2009, Shadow Moses taking place in 2015 and a final film that combines MGS2/MGS4 into an original story where Liquid is still alive, George Sears is impeached by the Patriots/Cipher who are revealed to be at first, just AI but are a council of the World's wealthiest with "Zero" as the head who created Solid, Liquid and Solidus to lead and build a military for the organization.

Ocelot is revealed to be a good guy, Liquid hates both Zero and Solid, Solidus is an anti-hero who seeks to reclaim the US from Cipher's hand.

>Big Shell incident with Jared Leto as Raiden, Solidus and his former unit Dead Cell were Cipher's Elite. Uses them to take control of Arsenal Gear
>Wants to take the power away from Cipher by allowing information to be free
>Solid finally succeeds with Emmerich
>Liquid/Eli dies as tears stream from his eyes, apologizing, as Solid holds his hand in a Heat moment, calls him "brother" genuinely
>Salutes his grave, as he is saluting Ocelot shows up with Big Boss and Zero in a vegetative state or "David", the man who named Solid and cared for both him, Eli and George when they were young

Well, I am a screenwriter and producer that's why there's so much detail and delusional hopes and inspiration in my posts. ;)

Then go back to the source and come up with an original story, a different take on the series.

>Buried has awesome scenes just involving tension and phone calls
>That can be implemented well in a film
>Facing off against an elite unit one at a time would give the film those much-needed action scenes, if for the whole film it's just about a spy not trying to be seen or caught
>Tension is this franchises' bestfriend and a lot of great acting can come twists and storytelling through codec moments (punssss)

bad post

Not even close to true. The Prestige, The Machinist, The Big Short all come to mind.

That's why I think Bale can play both Solid and Liquid as he can speak perfect Queen's English and American.

With Solid look more pale, gruff, rough around the edges compared to Liquid who has rough, long blonde hair, clean-shaven and more tanned than Solid.

Daniel-Day Lewis resembles Bale and is the only actor I can think of that could pass for Bale's brother. A mix of Bale and Daniel Day-Lewis for Solidus, who is the perfect clone.

Solid and Liquid are not.

Big Boss looks like a more seasoned version of Solidus. Venom Snake looks tortured with noticable scars, etc mixing Daniel Day-Lewis with another actor (as Venom was made using extensive plastic surgery).

Old Daniel Day-Lewis could pass for old Bale. I don't think one actor should play all the roles, just split them up. Make their faces similar so the audience can't tell who is who (even use CGI on the eyes)

>MOST KINO THING OF ALL TIME

>SOLIDUS takes out a Seal Team, glides forward in his exoskeleton and shoots them down with his enhanced P90 which he twirls like a fucking handgun

christian bale reminds me to much of a frat boy, I like the guy don't get me wrong, I just think he is wrong for the part. He is a strong actor, just not right for the part. I agree with you, he is more than capable of playing all the roles involved, I just think it would be like casting will ferrel or somebody, He just isn't a Solid Snake.

Metal Gear was never the deep, meaningful narrative some fans make it out to be. It's a pulpy spy thriller about super soldiers with some political commentary, none of which is particulary smart or insightful.

I like them as much as the next guy but they're basically capeshit without the capes.

The only other person I can think of is Michael Fassbender. Give him that MacBeth look for Snake, and a beautiful, handsome view as Liquid with long blonde hair.

But then I'd probably have an older Fassbender play Big Boss, I think greying beard and eyepatch would keep people thinking it's Fassbender if make-up and CGI is done right. Then again with Venom. Then with Solidus. With all five having their own differences, broken nose, less wrinkled, Solid is a smoker so wrinkled, grizzly, Liquid is more of a health nut and keep that under wraps. I think another actor can play Venom with Fassbender's face prosthetics put on with CGI too.

Would be good casting but DDL is NOT going to do vidyashit , especially where he's not the main character.

It's narrative is one of the deepest, user. It deals with advanced AI that were suppose to carry on Zero's will but decided decisions on their own for the betterment of mankind. In the end, the big bad Illuminati-like organization was reduced to nothing but a fortified server room that controlled the world by controlling money, politics, the media and the Internet. It's super relevant now. It showed that Solid Snake was actually unknowingly fighting for the bad guys the whole time and was being used as a puppet by them when Big Boss, saw the horrors of war and knew how war would always exist so why not create a military for Governments to hire? Solidus actually wanted the United States to be free of Cipher/The Patriots and make it a glorious country again through a revolution that failed because of Cipher's new errand boy.

The only one who hated everything and everyone was Liquid because he loved his father but he hated that he had no identity and that he was inferior which caused him to become one of the greatest soldiers ever, even surpassing Big Boss. Liquid was a beast. Ocelot was working for Big Boss the whole, keeping up the charade right up until his death to trick the Patriot's AI who are clueless about the paranormal so he exploited that.

The only way to make this work is for:

>Presented the Viewer as a true story with grounded realism (you'll understand why after)
>FOXHOUND to be presented as a real CIA Black Operational unit that deals in espionage, deep infiltration and search and rescue of high priority targets with value to the US Government.
>It has to be set in that real world, real locations, real Governments, just like how MGS2's Dead Cell was based on the real life Red Cell led by the same guy who formed SEAL Team 6.
>Set the story in 2018, and it can focus on the Outer Heaven-Zanzibar uprising.
>Theme should be about the CONTROLLONG OF INFORMATION (in film and to the viewer)
>Members of FOXHOUND are only referred to their codenames; to conceal their identities and names, only each member knows their real names and high-ranking officials in the CIA.
>Colonel John G. Donnalley (a.k.a. Jack or John Doe, based on real six-star General John J. Perishing) is recruited by the CIA to lead FOXHOUND. His codename Big Boss was an actual title-code named he earned after he successfully completed Operation Snake Eater.
>John handpicks his Foxhound Unit
>Intel that an advanced bi-pedal nuclear-armed tank exists.
>CIA wants it however it's only confirmed from one source so this is why Units like this are formed.
>Gray Fox is captured, Miller and Snake are sent in.
>The uprising fails when they Snake is able to disable the Metal Gear and come face to face with The Phantom, Big Boss... Doppleganger who is extremely wounded.
>Wondering if CIA send in their clean-up unit led by Ocelot to retrieve the Metal Gear. Ocelot tells him to leave as he executes the Phantom (Ocelot actually helps him escape and disappear to get plastic surgery)
>Big Boss' real Outer Heaven, CIA mass-produces Walker Gears however Big Boss has the World's greatest scientists, engineers to develop the ultimate Metal Gear (unable to be detected, optical camo, bomb any country from anywhere and can't be detected by drones or satellites)

Why do they need to make all the Snakes look similar? The only two who actually look alike are Big Boss and Solid.

>Clones
>Solid was concieved through a Japanese woman and recieved all of Big Boss' recessive genes
>Liquid was given all of Boss' dominant, raised by Zero then fled to become a child soldier
>Solidus the perfect clone and looks exactly like Big Boss
>All of it was just an exercise by the Patriots AI system to see if the weaker clone with enough pressure put on him, come out on top and become a legend
>Just data collected, like machines testing us like hamsters
>However everyone is against them, even their "physical presence" leader, Ocelot
>They all

>Brown hair clone has the recessive genes.
>Blonde hair clone has the dominant genes.
that's not how it works.

motherfucker, are you daring to question video game logic?

I know, tell Hideo that
I thin what was lost in translation was that
>Solid recieved all of Boss' weak genes
>Liquid was superior, superior to Solid, Solidus and Big Boss, Liquid's mother probably had blonde hair

Just make an Apocalypse Now rip-off with mgs characters in it

Liquid dyes.

Sean Bean as Liquid