Literally any other ending would be better than this

Literally any other ending would be better than this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=skGqd6JTJxE.
youtube.com/watch?v=0Mi1siF5WgQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Evil Ruthless Money Grubby Asami is the only Asami I accept

I get the feeling Tumblr is laughing at Sup Forums to this day for this shit.

They did the same thing with Adventure Time, Steven's Universe, Gravity Falls, and basically poisoning anything Sup Forums enjoys

Tumblr is poison

Way better than Korra ending up with Mako, the dullest fictional character ever created.

What's wrong user, can't handle a true relationship?

LOL #LOVEWINS YOU BIGOT

Granted this is obvious shit post coming from your end though, but aren't people tired of a character's sexuality being their defining characteristic?

*quiet whistling*

Bitch I will fucking show you a real "true" and "honest" and absolutely believable relationship

Ms Sato would never EVER fuck a filthy house nigger

Mako did nothing wrong Mako secretly wants to bang Lin he's into older women.

Why are some of the pics crossovers of TLOK and RWBY?

there's some super autistic comic that gets posted here from time to time with them in it

Better ending.

> super autistic
What's wrong with it?

Its an anti-shitposting device that removes Korrsami faggots off this board and sends their worthless asses back to Tumblr

Absolutely nothing Korrsami faggots are mad that Korra is a disgusting house nigger savage

Wakfu would be a much better show if Waifu Fags didn't obsess over it.

You always fucking do this.

When you understand that Asami was supposed to be your tipical femme fatale reveal in season one, but they decided not to because they became friends with the voice actress, and then spent three seasons trying to shove her into plot relevancy, you'll understand why the lesbian ending is meaningless.

>Sup Forums used to ridicule the Zutara fags who got so butthurt at the ending of ATLA
>is now constantly butthurt about the ending of Korra

Because Korrsami faggots are cancer and they ruined Avatar, Sup Forums and Sup Forums in general

I hope no one buys that fucking Avatar comic you're a goddamn mark if you do and you're also the cancer killing Nick

>defining characteristic
>the relationship only got confirmed at the very last moment of the show and there were still retards arguing they were just friends until the creators confirmed their relationship

How I became Yours was a mistake

Not leaving Azula in her mental hospital hell was a mistake

Ozai did nothing wrong

REMOVE ZUKO

Bryan and Mike are beta max cucks and Nick is ruled by out of touch control freaks and pedos.

Zutara was based on delusions that spanned the whole show, and had no consequence in the story of the show at all.

Big difference.

Then it spawned the cancer that was How I Became Yours

Korrasami only happened so bryke can hide behind a wall of sjws because they will defend it to the death

SJW's are cancerous they're the loudest minority that think their opinion matters

So?

Korra is a gross poo poo head

And what's wrong with being marx Sup Forumsmrade?

I dunno Asami see's herself as the one true god and religion

> gross poo poo head

THE GROSSEST

Wouldn't have made up the lack luster series but best ending would have been somewhat reminescent of the other avatar ending, and possibly could hint at the Korrasami (as RAGEINDUCINGCINGLYCANCEROUS as it is).

Ending in show goes similar up until the end. Instead of Korra and Asami deciding to take a trip and that god awful ten second scene, Korra stands out on the balcony looking at magic beam with traveling packs by her legs. Camera shot shows this from behind. Off screen comes Bolin and Mako walking up and leaning on the fence next to her. Camera snaps to front view and they smile at eachother. Then from off screen comes Asami standing at Korra's other side and doing her own smile. Then comes the rest of the group on the balcony to look, camera zooming backwards to show them all.

Camera snaps back behind them, low shot pans upwards and outwards and into the light.

BOOM. DONE. Pseudo-emotional ending with a "we're finished here" complete feeling without the fucking rage.

How gross are you talking about again?

Eskimo people are brown and so is shit so obviously there is some kind of connection

Fuck off back to your Tumblr hugbox shitlord any ending that doesn't involve Asami being sentenced to a private mental hospital for going on a genocidal war path is the wrong ending

Asami should have been the final boss in wrestling this is called a "Slow build"

Sup Forums is that way.

Asami is indeed white

I like how Sup Forums bitches about how this ending was the reason lok was terrible, because if you believe that than you're only seeing a small part of the big picture.

>Agrees Korrasami is shittier
>Idea for different ending only has her smile
>Get's called a Tumblrfag and seems to be seen as a Korrasami endorsing asshat.

I got the pic for you buddy! And also; might want to babyproof your edge before you hurt yourself.

That is the dumbest line of reasoning I have ever interpreted

Any ending that doesn't involve real maturity glissing within Korra proves this entire build was all for goddamn NOTHING

Yeah it was tiny, but an ending does hit hard a series.

That being said though even if doesn't make up for shit character development, bad plot ideas/devices. Unneeded characters, unneeded arcs, fillers, and a GOD DAMN EVA UNIT STOMPIN' ABOOT DA CITY WITH SET-LORE-BREAKING ARCS MAKING THE PREVIOUS AVATAR'S LORE NULL AND FUCKING VOID

No user. LoK's faults were beyond worse then the surprise lesbian ending.

>ending
comics are going to continue the story

Kuriva is the epitome of a throw away villain

So her 'spontaneously' maturing when in the rest of the series she barely has/hasn't learned a god damn thing is better than her 'spontaneously' entering a relationship with a dyke?

>Buying the comic
>Supporting this show in anyway
>Encouraging Nick's self destructive behavior

Return to Tumblr from wence you came that and or /sug/

That's what I mean REAL MATURITY

The ending we got is the equivalent of a Tumblr Hamplanet saying how she's "independent" but she leeches off welfare

You're using Tumblr an awful lot here. Did you have a bad time there?

Were the other Tumblrinas mean to you and make you join Sup Forums?

>Implying they haven't invaded

So you're problem isn't the ending, it's the series? Then stop fucking arguing that the ENDING needs to show real maturity and just the series does.

Learn. To. Fucking. Establish. Your. Concerns.

kys and return to Tumblr

I never actually liked or watched The Avatar nor did I watch Legend of Korra but I can physically feel how forced this ending is.

I thought it was sweet I don't get what the big deal is

When did Sup Forums regress back to some kind of puritanical value system where hot lesbians are bad?

Hot lesbians are not bad hot lesbians used as a smokescreen for bad writing is bad

Blame Bryan and Mike for being shitty writers who can't get over how their parents didn't love them enough.

>Korra
>Hot

Savages are for house work or extermination not for loving

+ Korra is the ugliest girl in the show anyway

Hm, my statement did not denote any allegience to Tumblr or its general views and yet you tell me to kill myself and go back to Tumblr.

Taking a shot in the dark on your personality based on your posts so far and your comics.

Best case scenario: Trolling

2nd Best case scenario: You're young, going to guess between 15-17. You have extreme anti-social tendencies that are the kind to make you disliked among your peers despite your efforts to try and come across as 'likable'. Probably ranging around the Too Loud and Talks Shit aspects.

You have views that border or are extreme to the mainstream and you think yourself some kind of idealist by proclaiming them every chance you get, when instead you're just pissing people off and making yourself out as an edgelord faggot.

You use 'tumblr' as an allaround insult without knowing much about the content or the issues with them other than what you hear from Sup Forums itself and drawing your own conclusions. With this I'm assuming its "they're all homos and sjws", showing a bit of your extreme homophobic view points which goes hand in hand with your extremist viewpoints.

Worst Case Scenario: All of the above BUT instead of being 15-17 you are older and, as such, have lost a major chance to show any maturity in yourself and have, ironically, wasted ANY chance in your life to show REAL maturity. To this I would recomend that 'you' should kill yourself.

If you ARE between the ages of 15-17 then please do NOT kill yourself and be a better a person. Otherwise, try drowning. It's supposed to be the best.

tl;dr please return to your designated shitposting containment field called Tumblr and don't bother coming back

Yeah, but the rare times this kind of thing comes up in media these days people here always throw a shitfit and call it forced and contrived and whatever else, whereas similar relationships between male and female characters NEVER get this kind of flak even if they're just as "forced".

Hell, if whatsisface hadn't gone on record afterwards saying that their relationship was becoming romantic, we'd never have even known because the only sure thing that's depicted on-screen is two friends going off on another adventure together. The mere IDEA that they might not be straight was enough to set tons of people off. It's nuts.

He's saying the whole show was shit. Wasn't hard to understand mate.

Addendum: You're also the type to ignore criticisms and talks on your own personality and/or are too lazy to read something longer than a Twitter Post. I really, really hope you are young because I do not want to think there's a manchild adult out there as shitty as you.

And again Korra is gross so it makes the lesbianism in itself gross

What's hard to understand is to why he won't go back to Tumblr

kys

>/tumblr/

Pretty sure bryan thought that his self insert getting rejected by two women means those two are just lesbians

Asami has way more class than that she only fucks things that are pretty

>the dullest fictional character ever created
But that's literally Asami.

SHUT

we get it you had a bad time on tumblr. shut the fuck up about it you closet fag.

I think its time for you to stop posting.

I was about to wholeheartedly agree, and then I read that sperg's fancomic.

Like this?

They could salvage it with Book 4 everything is in place for it. I personally could see the Mastermind Raiko Theory holding weight

>Had Amon cause the fall of the council allowing his status as President
>Weakened the Water Tribes with the Civil War
>Caused the death of the Earth Queen allowing his puppet to ascend the Throne
>Is going to use the Metal Clan to issue more power to his United Forces via inscripting more nation's army's into a grand United Forces Army to counteract the Metal Clan as well as using his relationship with Asami to have Future Industries supply the war.
>This is what the Four Nations leaders were meeting for in the trailer
>At this point is given control over the Army's
>By episode 8 or so The Republic's army's with the help of the Airbender's and Korra have defeated The Metal Clan
>Kuvira agrees to face Korra in the desert alone to settle it.
>Raiko shows up instead with a smile on his face episode ends.

Raiko also has two meanings
>Thunder drum
>Next Son

We haven't seen a Blue Firebender at all in LoK. It's possible he could be one, as well as Azula's Son. His goal is to finish what his Grandfather started and unite the World under one banner.

I always thought it was funny how LoK specially book 3 and 4 can easily be converted to star wars. For example

Korra subdues Zaheer by putting him in a metal cocoon
>Raiko: Good, Korra Good. Kill him...Kill him now
>Korra: I shouldn't
>Raiko: DO IT!
Korra implodes the cocoon crushing Zaheer
>Raiko: You did well Korra, he was to dangerous to be kept alive
>Korra: Yes, but he was an unarmed prisoner
>Korra: I shouldn't have done that it's not the right way
>Raiko: It is only natural he chained, and poisoned you, and you wanted revenge. It wasn't the first time Korra, Remember you told me about your father and the Judge

>Raiko: Korra..you know I'm not able to relay on the Air Nomads, if they haven't included you in their plot they soon will
>Korra: I'm not sure I understand
>Raiko: You must sense what I've come to suspect, the Air Nomads want control of the world, and one with no avatar
>Raiko: There planning to betray me
>Korra: I don't think
>Raiko: Korra, search your feelings...you know don't you?
>Korra: I know they don't trust you
>Raiko: Hmmm, or the Republic, or the World, or you for that matter
>Korra: I have to admit my trust in them has been shaken
>Raiko: Why?, they asked you to do something that made you feel dishonest didn't they...They asked you to spy on me didn't they?
>Korra: I don't uh..I don't know what to say
>Raiko: Remember back to your early teachings, all that gain power are afraid to lose it...Even the Airbenders
>Korra: The Airbenders use their power for good
>Raiko: Good is a point of view Korra
>Raiko: The Firebenders and Airbenders are similar in almost everyway, including their quest for greater power
>Korra: Firebending relays on its passion for its strength, they think inwards only about themselves
>Raiko: And the Airbenders don't?
>Korra: The Airbenders are selfless they only care about others
>Raiko: You ever hear the tragedy of Princess Azula?
>Korra: No
>Raiko: I thought not, it's not a story the Airbenders would tell you, she was a Firebendering prodigy
>Raiko: Princess Azula was a master Firebender, so powerful and so spiritual she could even use fire to create...life
>Raiko: She had such a knowledge of Firebending, she could even prevent herself from dying..
>Korra: She could actually stop herself from dying?
>Raiko: The forbidden arts of bending is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural
>Korra: What happened to her?

>Buying the comic
What? People pay for this shit?

>Raiko: She became so powerful the only thing she was afraid of was losing her power, which eventually of course she did, unfortunately she taught her son everything she knew, then her son killed her while she was in the spirit world
>Raiko: It's ironic she could save herself from death, but not her spirit
>Korra: Is it possible to learn this power?
>Raiko: Not from the Airbenders

>Korra: Sometimes I wonder what's happening to the Air Nomads, I think this war is destroying the principles of their teachings
>Asami: Have you ever considered that we may be on the wrong side?
>Korra: What do you mean
>Asami: What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the United Republic is becoming the very evil we've been fighting to destroy.
>Korra: I don't believe that, and your sounding like a Red Lotus member
>Asami: This war represents a failure to listen, now your closer to the President more then anyone, please ask him to stop the fighting and let diplomacy resume
>Korra: Don't ask me to do that, Make a motion to the politicians where that kind of a
request belongs
>Asami: What is it
>Korra: Nothing
>Asami: Don't do this don't shut me out, let me help you...Open up to me like you did back on Air Temple Island, so long ago when there was nothing, but our bond...No politics, no plotting, no war

>Korra: President, we've just received a report from Master Tenzin. He's engaged Captain Kuvira
>Raiko: We can only hope that Master Tenzin is up to the challenge
>Korra: I should be there with him
>Raiko: It's upsetting to me that it seems that the Airbenders don't fully appreciate your talents
>Raiko: Don't you wonder why they won't teach you higher level moves?
>Korra: I wish I knew...more and more I get the feeling that I'm being excluded from their affairs
>Korra: I know there are things about the spirit world and bending that they're not telling me
>Raiko: They don't trust you Korra, they see your future, they know your power will be to strong to control
>Raiko: You must break through the fog of lies the Airbenders have created around you
>Raiko: Let me help you know the subtleties of the bending arts
>Korra: How do you know the ways of bending?
>Raiko: My mother taught me everything about the spirits and firebending...even the forbidden arts
>Korra: You know the forbidden arts?
>Raiko: Korra...if one is to understand the great mystery, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic views of the Airbenders
>Raiko: If you wish to become a compete and wise leader, you must embrace a larger view of bending
>Raiko: Be careful of the Airbenders Korra, only through me can you achieve a power greater then any Avatar, learn to know the forbidden sides of bending, and you will be able to save yourself...from certain reincarnation
>Korra: What did you say?
>Raiko: Use my knowledge I beg you
>Korra: Your the Fire Nation Nationalist
>Raiko: I know what's been troubling you, listen to me, don't continue to be a pawn of the Four Nations
>Raiko: Ever since I've known you you've been searching for a life greater then that of a ordinary Avatar..A life of significance, of conscience
>Raiko: Are you going to kill me?
>Korra: I would certainly like to!
>Raiko: I know you would, I can feel your fire and anger, it gives you focus, makes you stronger

>Bumi: You are under arrest my lord
>Raiko: Korra I told you it would come to this, I was right the Airbenders are taking over
>Bumi: The oppression of the Fire Nation will never return, you have lost
>Raiko: No..no...no...YOU WILL DIE!
>Raiko shoots lighting
>Bumi creates a vortex causing the lighting to redirect at Raiko
>Raiko: He's a traitor!
>Bumi: He is the traitor
>Raiko: I have the power to save you Avatar, you must choose
>Bumi: Don't listen to him Korra!
>Raiko: Don't let him kill me
>Raiko: I can't hold him any longer...I..I..I..can't....I..I..I'm to weak..I'm too weak...KORRA! HELP ME! HELP ME!
>Raiko: I..I..can't hold on any longer
>Bumi: I'm going to end this once and for all
>Korra: You can't he must stand trial!
>Bumi: He has control of the people and the courts he's to dangerous to be left alive
>Raiko: I'm to weak oh, don't kill me please
>Korra: It's not the airbender way, he must live
>Raiko: Please don't
>Korra: I need him!
>Raiko: Please don't
>Korra: NO!
>Korra shoots fire burning Bumi's hands, >Raiko then shoots lighting at him
>Raiko: POWER!...UNLIMITED POWER!
>Korra: What have I done...
>Raiko: Your fulfilling your destiny Korra
>Raiko: Become my apprentice, learn to use the forbidden arts of bending
>Korra: I will do what ever you ask
>Raiko: Good
>Korra: Just help me stay the Avatar...I can't live without a purpose
>Raiko: To cheat death is a power only one has achieved, but if we work together I'm sure we can discover the secret
>Korra: I pledge myself to your teachings
>Raiko: Good...Good...Your bending is strong, a powerful Avatar you will become
>Korra: Thank you my master
>Raiko: Rise....Because the Airbending council did not trust you my young apprentice, I believe your the only one with no knowledge of this plot. When the Airbenders learn what has transpired here they will kill us along with all the other leaders.
>Korra: I agree..the Airbenders next move will be against the Republic
>continued

>Raiko: Every single airbender including your friend Master Tenzin is now an enemy of The United Republic
>Korra: I understand master
>Raiko: We must move quickly the airbenders are relentless, if they are not all destroyed it will be civil war without end
>Raiko: First I want you to go to Air Temple Island, we will catch them off balance
>Raiko: Do what must be done Avatar Korra, do not hesitate, show no mercy, only then will you be able to stay in power.
>Korra: What about the other airbenders spread throughout the world
>Raiko: There betrayal will be dealt with, after you have killed all the airbenders at the temple go to the Metal clan, wipe out Suyin and the other Red Lotus members
>Raiko: Once more the world will be one, and we shall have peace
>Korra marches on Air Temple Island with Republic Forces.
>Tenzin: Commander contact your troops, tell them to move to the higher levels
>General Iroh: Very good sir, Oh by the way I think you'll be needing this
>hands his staff to him
>Tenzin: Thank you Iroh, now lets get a move on we got a battle to win here
>Tenzin gets on a bison and flys off
>General Iroh: Yes sir!
>Iroh receives a radio call
>Raiko: General Iroh the time has come, excute order 66
>General Iroh: Yes my Lord
>General Iroh: Blast him
>Iroh's ship shoots a fireball at Tenzin
Airbender purge begins with this playing youtube.com/watch?v=skGqd6JTJxE.

>Raiko: And the Airbender Rebellion has been foiled
>Mako: What's happened
>Asami: The President's been elaborating on a plot by the Airbenders to overthrow the world government
>Raiko: The remaining Airbenders will be hunted down and defeated
>Raiko: The attempt on my life has left me scared and deformed, but I assure you my resolve has never been stronger!
>Raiko: In order to ensure the security and continuing stability the Four Nations will be reorganized into the First United Nation!
>Raiko: For a safe and secure society
>Asami: So this is how liberty dies, with a thunderous applause

>Bolin: Hush! not so loud Pabu
>Asami: Are you all right, I heard there was an attack on the Air Temple..you can see the smoke from here
>Korra: I'm fine I'm fine, I came to see if you and the others were all right
>Asami: What's happening
>Korra: The Airbenders have tried to overthrow the United Republic
>Asami: I can't believe that!
>Korra: I saw Master Bumi attempt to assassinate the President myself
>Asami: Oh Korra, what are you going to do
>Korra: ....I will not betray the United Republic, my loyalties lie with the President, and with the world, and with you
>Asami: What about Tenzin
>Korra: I don't know...many Airbenders have been killed, We can only hope that he's remained loyal to the President
>Asami: Korra I'm afraid
>Korra: Have faith Asami, everything will soon be set right. The President has given me a very important mission, the Red Lotus have gathered in Zaofu, I'm going there to end this war, wait for me until I return...Things will be different I promise...please wait for me
>Bolin: Well she is under alot of stress Pabu, take care my little friend
>Bolin: Oh Asami is there anything I can do
>Asami: No thank you Bolin
>Bolin: Oh I...I feel so helpless

>Korra: I saw your Airship, what are you doing out here
>Asami: I was so worried about you...Tenzin told me terrible things
>Korra: What things?
>Asami: He said, that your evil...that you killed innocent people
>Korra: Tenzin is trying to turn you against me
>Asami: He cares about us
>Korra: Us?
>Asami: He knows, she wants to help you....Korra all I want is your love
>Korra: Love won't save you, only my new powers can do that
>Asami: At what cost? Your a good person don't do this
>Korra: I won't lose you the way I lost my purpose...I am becoming more powerful then any avatar has dreamed of, and I'm doing it for you, to protect you.
>Asami: Come away with me, drop this avatar job, and leave everything behind while we still can
>Korra: Don't you see I don't have to run away anymore, I have brought peace to the world...I am more powerful then the President...I..I can overthrow him, and together me and you can rule the world, make things the way we want them to be
>Asami: I don't believe what I'm hearing Tenzin was right, you've changed
>Korra: I don't want to hear anymore about Tenzin, my friends turned against me, don't you turn against me
>Asami: I don't know you anymore..Korra your breaking my heart, your going down a path I can't follow
>Korra: Because of Tenzin?
>Asami: Because of what you've done, what you plan to do..Stop now, stop and come back...I love you
Tenzin emerges from airship
>Korra: LAIR!!
>Asami: No
>Korra: Your with him, you brought him here to kill me
>Asami: No
Korra starts to use suffocation airbending on Asami
>Asami: K..o..r.rra
>Tenzin: LET..HER...GO!
>Korra: You turned her against me
>Tenzin:You have done that yourself
>Korra: You will not take her from me!
>Tenzin: Your anger and your lust for power have already done that
>Tenzin: You have allowed this President Raiko to twist your mind, until now you've become the very thing you swore to protect.
>continued

>Korra: Don't leture me Tenzin, I see through the lies of the world, I do not fear a united world as you do. I have brought Peace, Freedom, Justice, and Security to my New Nation.
>Tenzin: Your New Nation?
>Korra: Don't make me kill you
>Tenzin: Korra my allegiance is to the four nations, to Democracy!
>Korra: If your not with me, then your my ememy
>Tenzin: Only someone who wants absolute power would say that, I will do what I must
>Korra: You will try...
>Tenzin: I have failed Korra, I have failed you
>Korra: I should of known the world was planning to destroy the Avatar
>Tenzin: Korra President Raiko is evil
>Korra: From my point of view the world without an Avatar is evil
>Tenzin: Then you are lost!
>Korra: This is the end for you Master
>Tenzin: It's over Korra I have the high ground
>Korra: You underestimate my power!
>Tenzin: Don't try it...
>Korra: AHHH
Tenzin Blasts Korra down breaking her limbs on impact
>Tenzin: YOU WERE THE Avatar! IT WAS SAID YOU WOULD BRING BALANCE TO THE WORLD NOT LEAVE IT IN DARKNESS!!
>Korra: I HATE YOU!!
>Tenzin: You were like a daughter to me Korra...I loved you

The ending is the least of Korra's problems.

I never fucking got why they were paired together

>Mako dates Asami
>Mako and Korra have hidden feels for eachother
>Mako dumps Asami for Korra
>The two break up
>Mako breaks up with Korra because of straining job
>Mako goes back to Asami
>Korra literally causes them to break up again

No fucknig sense what so ever as to why Asami would ever date the bitch who reckt her relationship with Mako. Even the "I have no one to relate to besides you Korra" bullshit was total bullshit. I could smell the forced pairing and it still causes me to cringe/rage. That shit doesn't just end up like water under a bridge. Women hold grudges and never really up and dump them.

Left field
Shitty writing
Forced.

I'd see it more believable if she went after Bolin. Hell, introduce a new character and have them give it a shot.

Fuck that shit.

Which is really quite funny.

Korra borrows from the prequels, and ATLA borrows from the original trilogy. The last two episodes of S2 were right out of ESB.

>Those comics
>This fucking greentext

why does Korrasami bring out the worst autists?

Because Korrasami is the worst.

Despite what autist-kun says, Korrasami isn't bad - not by itself, anyways.

The problem with Korrasami is the same problem the entire series suffers for - off-screen development, "Telling, but not showing."

Like, remember at the end of Book 2, when Tenzin tells Korra "She's really grown?"

She really hasn't grown, but that doesn't matter.

The writers think having a character tell the audience something is the same as showing that

cry harder

that "true relationship" was pushed.

Korra had a grudge against Asami in book one with her being all Pretty and Cool. Learned more about her and they started bonding regardless of the romantic hodgepodge that was that bit of back and fourth.

Overall it's still not as bad as shows that just dumped a love intrest in going with the "first sight destined to be together" lineup.

Ending was fine as two people coming to the understanding they care about each other mutually more than as friends and now are going to explore that relationship.

even the korra video game had a better ending
youtube.com/watch?v=0Mi1siF5WgQ

Strangely enough the video game did most things better than the show.