YOU KNOW THAT PART

YOU KNOW THAT PART

WHERE THEY'RE ON THE ICE PLANT

WITH THE WALKING THINGIES?

That's cold, man.
Hoth cold.

Wow Disney lacks creativity and retards will defend this just like TFA, who could've predicted this?

Also star wars is trash.

Things I knooooooooooooooooooow...

While it looks like snow, it could very well be the desert planet from trailer, the one with red dust.

SOME FOLKS ARE BORN
LIGHSTABER IN HAND
OOHHH THEY ARE GREEN OR BLUE

AND WHEN REPUBLIC
CALLS TO THE ARMS
OOOH THEY DIE IN DROVES YEAH YEAH

IT AIN'T SHEEV
IT AIN'T SHEEV
AIN'T NO SENATOR'S CLONE

I REMEMBER THAT BOYS

RLM bashed R1 for showing the empire and rebels using the same ships despite being set a week before ANH yet he didn't say the same about TFA despite being set 30 years after
What will he say about this?

From the soundtrack of Good Morning Vietchan

Very, very cool

More fake praise so Disney overlords don't hurt them

test

>hey guys, it's not snow, it's white sand!

Poetry.

It's not snow, it's frozen space aqua

The prequels were awful movies but at least they were somewhat original.

Fucking Star Wars - the monkey's paw of movie franchises.
>man the originals were good, i wish there were more of them
>man the prequels sucked, i wish something like the originals came out
>man the sequel trilogy was uninspired, i wish they could meld the originality of the prequels with the nostalgia of the sequels
STAR WARS EPISODE X - A NEW JAR JAR

disney should've adapt tales of the jedi

Those walkers were in the background during the nazi speech in TFA, so of course they were going to be used at some point.

I'll defend TFA all day, but if this new movie ends up being a retread of Empire, it's over.

Star Wars is so fucking stupid that it hurts to even know it still exists

Why does the First Order try out every single failed plan by the Empire again, only to once more get btfo?

To be fair, Sheev has the best plans.
Plus, building an even bigger Death Star kinda worked well.

I just wanted the x wing books made into a tv show

Is Hoth said with a spanish lisp, so its pronounced Hos?

People can say whatever they want, but I think it did a decent job of reintroducing the universe, and setting up where it's going to go from here.

That said, I agree, if this next one is literally just another copy I'm done too.

According to leaks it's a salt planet

Or the Kotor comic series.

Will this new trilogy be more inconsistent than the hobbit trilogy?

Why is the Resistance called the Resistance when they won the Galactic Civil War and run the galaxy and aren't resisting against anything?

Why is the First Order called the First Order when their goal is to restore the glory years of a previous order?

This. I noticed the AT-ATs in TFA and I bet they will do some shitty retcon like they did with the Kylo scar and say that these never existed simply because they weren't convinced with the design back then and/or changed their mind.
Don't think too much about it, there's no canon answer. They are literally writing the story as they go. There's no consistent idea behind it, think of Disney writers as kids who pick up old toys and make up random stories based on random movie scenes they saw about the toys that they didn't understand.

Why would anyone be okay with this? At this point it looks like Disney is just pushing to see how far they can go with recycling and copying everything from the OT for nostalgia. I know the movie isn't out yet but will people like stuff like this? Or will they call it out for what it is?

ebin

Leia tried to convince the New Republic about the thread of the First Order but they do anything so she create the resistance.

JUST

>Why is the First Order called the First Order
Because it sounds a bit like "Third Reich".
FUCKING WHITE MALES

Oh for fuck sake

I tollerated it with Force Awakens since they had to entice people back into the franchise after the prequels, but I really hoped they'd change it up for this one. Fucking Disney.

>People can say whatever they want, but I think it did a decent job of reintroducing the universe, and setting up where it's going to go from here.
No ,it didn't. Everything is stupidly unbalanced following the events which ruins the legacy and accomplishments made in the OT stories.

I don' care if it's a reboot with a MAry Sue lead as long as I can buy new toys

Calling it now. Part of Episode 9 will take place in a forest.

Seriously what horrendous writing and world building. They just wanted Leia and the Rebels to still be Leia and the Rebels so they came up with the most contrived ridiculous reason possible and then avoided it instead of explored it.

The New Republic being a fragile, new, post-Irish Revolution type government based on compromises and uneasy alliances ready to fall apart or be manipulated is a great idea if you actually explore it like DS9 did with Bajor. Instead they take this highly complicated nuanced political situation and use it as a BACKDROP for a Episode 4 remake and force you to fill in all the gaps that the writers should.

Didn't TFA have really bad merchandising? It seemed to have dropped in shares due to the repetitiveness of aesthetics and the supreme lack of varied characters/vehicles, plus lack of video games.

Many claims of Disney making a primary profit off of merchandising is still being made 2 years later, but after the initial millions were made off of BB-8 toys and nostalgia figurines, the stuff left really didn't leave much for consumers.

>How do we copy the esthetic of episode IV with out getting mocked for being the same movie???

Fts weak.
Rogue one is going to be this generation's best star wars movie and it wasn't even that much above the prequels

Episode V this time

God the toyline for TFA was so shit and I probably spent $500 on it. So happy that I started collecting higher end shit.
It sucked. Like, almost all of it. Terrible distribution too.

Wrong image.

so this is the power of supreme leader snoke

LMAO I HOPE YOU DONT GIVE THESE HACKS A SINGLE PENNY

It's because no one but prequelbabbies and wookiepedia autists actually cares about that aspect of star wars

It's a morality play in space, not a space documentary about space politics

I 100% agree with you. My point is that they're the ones that introduced the convoluted space politics and then they refused to expound upon it.

wow what a bunch of hacks

Because they're resisting Space Drumpf.

Really dont understand adults buying toys

>Cold planet named Hoth

I'm disappointed that the lava planet wasn't called Colth

We always bought toys.

That bmw I just bought isn't practically at all, its essentially a $27,000 toy.

Love it tho

They couldnt even come up with a good design for the bad guy

Resistance operated in worlds still controlled by the imperial remnant. They fucking rip off EU shit and then don't even have the sense to try and explain it so you get situations like this where nobody understands where and what is happening.

that's because you are nihilist weakling that won't have kids

You don't need to reintroduce the most famous movie universe in the world

TFA was chill, much better than Rogue One at the very least.

Both were garbage.

Only correct answer.

>Force Ghosts are a thing yet Anakin never tells his grandson to stop misinterpreting his legacy

Buying toys for your kids is different then buying them for yourself.

Adults buying toys made for small children is pathetic.

Qui-gon and Obiwan had to learn it in their mortal lives, possible that Anakin can't do it on whim yet

Although that doesn't explain the end of ROTJ

Idk why I'm even trying to make sense of anything in this trash fucking flick

You underestimate how little kids know about this stuff.

Rey and Leia are easy to mix up, it's okay.

>$2,000,000,000 gross
>Trash flic

phantom menace is one of the highest grossing movies of all time

i guess its one of the best movies of all time according to you

It's better than TFA and Rogue 1

Nice false flag bait disney shill.

I can kind of get it because every now and again I NEED to build something. But since I live in an apartment and have no workshop to tinker in I'll go out and pick up a Lego set.

REMINDER THAT DISNEY THINKS THIS IS ACCEPTABLE AND NOT A BLATANT COPY-PASTA BECAUSE THE BATTLE TAKES PLACE ON A SALT PLANET

>Bad guys have a meme ball bot
>It's black
Worse than Minions

Clerks TAS was too good for this world

Fuck Mickey mouse and Disney.

I pirate all Disney movies if I decide to watch them. I'm not giving Mickey Jew a fucking Dime.

>Rogue one is going to be this generation's best star wars movie and it wasn't even that much above the prequels

That's sad because I could never finish that movie.

Literally all they had to do was keep Lucas involved with the story, world building, and character creation and have someone else in charge of directing and writing, like the originals and The Clone Wars.

Instead they decided to do a fucking soft reboot done by people who can't hold a candle to Lucas' creativity.

Their complaint was that Rogue One rode on the hype of seeing the original trilogy era with modern effects more than it worried about making an interesting story.

looks like a jedi outfit to me

SNOKE IS THE LAST JEDI

What the fuck is that design?

>dmca'd on all other sites
>tfw gonna send this thread directly to disney
heres hoping hiro gets sued and redwood is fired

he's right though

I feel like I am going crazy when nobody can at least halfway understand why I hate modern Disney

I've never seen one of their faggy reviews but I reckon your retarded friend simulator will praise tar Wars V-2 and Guardians of the Galaxy 3: Thor while hating IT and Justice League.

>I'll defend TFA all day,
Eat shit and die.

>your retarded friend simulator will
what?

best line in CW though

This is nothing new

>This guy can marathon a starwars movie

>REMEMBER THAT OLD MOVIE CALLED STAR WARS THE LAST JEDI?

Hahaha, don't tell me you unironically watch them for the "reviews"?

God that's sad.

Delete this image. fuckin ants

Oh man, I can't wait for The Last Jedi. Can't wait to see the Resistance fight The First Order's walkers on the ice planet Noth. Then we see old Luke train Rey on Bagodah while the Resistance runs away from the First Order and hide out on the Mist City of Despin, but oh, it turns out Captain Phasma tracked them there in her Slave X and then Darth Ren shows up and freezes one of them in carbonite and sends them to Babba the Butt and then Rey fights Ren and it turns out Ren is her daddy.

Use the zoom feature on your browser, chrome bot

Does anyone else think that the concept of the soccerball droids is fucking dumb?

What was wrong with them having legs? Having their entire body be the way they move seems really impractical.

kek

The rez is fucking stupid.

underrated

I mean, I don't myself, but it's really no different than buying board games, video games, books, comics, or movies, right? It's all just diversion for your free time, who cares?

I cant understand someone playing something designed for 7 year olds. How the fuck would you explain that to your wife?

They had to come up with a new design to sell more toys. Parents won't buy their kids R3-D5, but they'll buy BB-8.