Not sure if anyone is interested in learning Breton, but I found some noice links

Not sure if anyone is interested in learning Breton, but I found some noice links

>Full text of "An introduction to Breton grammar" by J. Percy Treasure
archive.org/stream/introductiontobr00treauoft/introductiontobr00treauoft_djvu.txt

>Entry-level conversational Breton
kervarker.org/en/lessons_01_toc.html

>Breton-language radio station
arvorigfm.radio.net

>News in Breton
yabzh.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EZBnsElBlVg
youtube.com/watch?v=bW-fRoPxh9g
youtube.com/watch?v=dy26a8eaSsE
youtu.be/2MImv7d8-DI
youtu.be/Zy0FO4efUbE
youtu.be/6nuQBQ62Jrg
4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_Sup
youtube.com/watch?v=NH7rSvfkP5A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

neat

youtube.com/watch?v=EZBnsElBlVg

youtube.com/watch?v=bW-fRoPxh9g

I was reading a ton about celtic languages yesterday, and wanted to dwell deeper into it. What a great timing lad

If every country was balkanized the world would be a better place

even if i'm not interested your thread is the greatest and most Sup Forums related so far
bump

Noice links

>posting actual Sup Forums related material instead of a shitty general or an unfunny bantz thread

What is this, 2013?

very neat finds, thanks OP

youtube.com/watch?v=dy26a8eaSsE

Nice music

Have moar

youtu.be/2MImv7d8-DI
youtu.be/Zy0FO4efUbE
youtu.be/6nuQBQ62Jrg

dont worry this thread will die before 20 posts while >WHY MURRICANS SHART IN MART will have 300+ and 2 more full cont. threads

Are any of you actively learning it?

Ya, me so o h-essae diskiƱ brezhoneg.

why are you learning a useless language

I have linguistic autism and will enjoy this.

>"stop liking things I don't like!"

I don't want it to die. Plus, it's not useless if I'm enjoying myself and learning something new.

Noice, I already speak Welsh, might as well collect the other celtic tongues

OP, are you a Breton speaker?
>Welsh
I don't even hear that in Cardiff and so. How did you get to know the language?

>I already speak Welsh

>*click*_noice.wmv

>OP, are you a Breton speaker?

I'm not great at it, but I'm learning.

Literally the same reason my brother and I are learning Cornish together

>tfw speaking together at work for practice and co-workers said we sounded like the Sims

Not bad
Well said!
There's even Welsh on duolingo. It's easily accessible

called it

are you breton by chance?

Is it true Breton is doing badly and the amount of speakers continues to go down?

Why don't you add this stuff to the Wiki so we have it somewhere permanently.

Nice, I visited Bretagne a few months ago and loved it. Reminded me of Cornwall and I actually found a place called Cornouaille. Apparently Bretagne itself was founded by Cornish refugees fleeing the Saxons. Pretty cool desu

I wonder if they still have significant cultural similarities.

The Breton national anthem is set to the same tune as the Welsh and Cornish anthems, so I guess there's still gotta be some kind of cultural unity there

Lel, I can't believe this thread is still alive.

I'm at work now, but I'm a night shift toll booth operator so I can browse the 4chins all night long while getting paid for it.

Nope. Mostly just English, and possibly some Welsh but it's such an insignificant amount that it doesn't even count.

Yes, it's rapidly declining and at this rate in ~30-50 years there will be no speakers left, just recordings.

Which Wiki?

Nice. I'm going to be visiting in the summer.

As someone who has been studying Breton for around 5 months or so, I can understand anywhere from 25% to 50% of Cornish texts I read, and maybe a third (at most) of Welsh texts. Definitely not mutually intelligible, but as far as the music, mannerisms, and food, there are definitely some similarities.

Breton is a dead language, nobody speaks it on their daily lives, people learn lit at school as a foreign language, speaks it badly and with a strong French accent.
Regional languages are dying out in France, Alsatian is another language only spoken by old people.

4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_Sup Forums_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki#Language_Guides

Breton isn't even on there.

Sad but true. The French accent is apparent. In older recordings you didn't hear the French "R" sound as often, now everyone that speaks it uses it. I personally trill mine while speaking, and I think a couple of groups like those speakers from Morbihan use the "Spanish" R.

I'm making the page now. I'll put as much information as I possibly can on it.

You are doing god's work. Future anons will be grateful for your service

Are Basque and Catalan dying in France as well?
>food
Hmmm interesting. For Celtic food, I only have images from Scotland (munch box, haggis, etc). Wonder what is it like?

Bump for a great thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=NH7rSvfkP5A

y tho