How sure are we that Marvel/Disney could make a better X-men movie

How sure are we that Marvel/Disney could make a better X-men movie,
Could they even improve it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q5FcKAe4M1w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'd love to see who they'd cast. Same for FF

They'd probably have an actual X-Men team and not just focus on Mystique and Wolverine.

Can Disney even do anything with the X-Men if they get them back? FOX is using up all the big X-Men stories, that they are tapping that well dry.

DOFP, Apocalypse, Wolverine in Japan, there's not gonna be much left to make movies off.

MY BODY IS READY

I'm sure they could be successful at it. If it were to happen I'd want a fresh look at the world of mutants. No more Prof. X or Magneto stealing the spotlight. We're too far into the 21st century for a story about holocaust survivors being a physically able supervillain.

We'd never have gotten R rated Deadpool (or any Deadpool, really) so Disney would not have done a better job.
And I wouldn't really trust them with Wolverine 3 either.

When did CIA become an X-Man?

They could go with the original...in an ALL NEW way.

Well X2 and DoFP is better than anything the MCU has produced outside of the Netflix series so probably not

With the role they're on, they can make anything work. Except for Tron and Alice of course.

>Frozen
>Civil War
>Episode 7
>all that mediocre film

I don't think that X-Men work very well in the context of the greater Marvel Universe. It's a bit hard to imagine that the world really "hates and fears" mutants any more or less than any other superhuman. Having other non-mutant superhumans in the picture cheapens the whole "mutant" concept and their struggle.

So I really don't WANT to see the MCU absorb the X-Men, despite generally liking the MCU films better than the XMCU films.

MCU should totally absorb the FF and their rogues though. Not that I want to see a FF movie particularly badly; hell, I'd rather they be awesome background characters in the other properties, popping in from time to time. Maybe like Hank Pym, they'd become part of the MCU's past, guys who were superheroes decades ago but have mostly left that behind to pursue science and raising a family and shit.

Mostly, I want MCU Doom.

The single most disappointing aspect of all the FF movies (except maybe Silver Surfer) is how shitty they made Doom. I want to see a portrayal of Doom like the one we got to see in "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes"

youtube.com/watch?v=q5FcKAe4M1w

The reason people hate and fear mutants is because they could be anyone. They're not all superheroes and supervillains running around in bright spandex. Your neighbor could be spying on you with x-ray vision. Your co-worker could be reading your thoughts. Your child could turn into a gross monster when they hit puberty.

>It's a bit hard to imagine that the world really "hates and fears" mutants any more or less than any other superhuman.

It makes sense to me. Random superheroes with powers given to them by science or hard work like Black Panther or Captain America are just anomalies. But mutants? They represent the end of humanity. Just as humans represented the end of the neanderthal. Also mutants tend to develop their powers in dangerous and explosive ways, as well as walking around with the name homo SUPERIOR. That kind of stuff breeds contempt.

>he's a mutant-hate in the MU doesn't make sense
>he's a "muh Doom who actually cares about F4" fag
>he's a whiny EMH fag

By tapping their name on it.

Shh, it's all critical acclaim and box office success, it's a damn good film ever made, user.

Because the opinion of a random anonymous person on a website has more importance than the consensus drawn from a larger audience.

Shut up, Tron was great.

>Takes hits from Hulk
>Beats Black Panther in hand-to-hand
>Better tech than Iron Man
>Deflects fireballs and shit with magic or whatever
This guy is just bullshit.

>How sure are we that Marvel/Disney could make a better X-men movie,

I am 100% certain that Marvel/Disneyt X-Men would be a disaster compared to what FOX is doing.

X-Men has themes like discrimination, it's full of nods to the civil rights movement and the persecution of gay people. Marvel won't touch this shit in a meaningful way. Throw a fucking holocaust opening scene into an Avengers movie and shit would feel weird. MCU is a slave to tone. You can't do X-men as a light quipstravaganza, or as a dark noir drama thing like the shows. And, despite how used to it we are, the Xmen don't make sense if there are tons of accepted superpowerful beings.

X1, X2, X:FC and DofP are all among the best capeshit movies, and while they can be inconsistent, they've got depth and have goood story structure. It's easy to forget that [spoilers]The Avengers is actually a very average movie with a ten year marketing campaign. The X-men movies were never hyped so much, but they are actually a lot better.[/spoiler]

>0.05$ was added to your Paypal account

The movies barely focus on the X-"MEN" and are often about just Wolverine and 2-3 other characters. The last 3 movies were about fucking Mystique. If they did actual X-Men movies that focused on each individual character of the team and fleshed them out, it would be a breath of fresh air for the movies.

I disagree, I think both Tron movies are bad. They're both poorly told stories, although Legacy is far less brave in it's creation. Tron 1, however, is important on a visual and story idea level in how it has influenced other works. But it's not good in and of itself. I think it and Legacy are shit. Show's decent though.

Back in the day, the villains used to be stronger than the heros. This was so the hero could have a character arc - s/he needs to change and grow to overcome the villain. This is rewarding.

Now the villain gets fucking bodied in every Hollywood cape movie, and he tends to be frailer and less impressive than the hero from the start. About as rewarding as a reverse enema.

Fucking Zootopia did a better job of showing the effects discrimination on people and society than Xmen did. Hell, it's not even the first successful Disney movie to touch on such subjects. Remember the Titans came out the same year as X men 1.

it wouldn't be better. as a matter of fact it would be garbage

What the X Men can bring in the MCU is that internal threat.

You have this superpower team yet no one can really pose a threat to tmw or they just don't have a purpose

God, no. It ruined the x-men in comics, it would ruin the x-men in movies

Keep being delusional

Yeah, having the old overpowered villain defeated by his own hubris is much fresher.

Well they're already doing Phoenix+Sinister so..

Genosha?

Unless they go ahead and do crazier stuff like Savage Land, Shi'ar & Mojo

The X-Men would work, but I don't want X-men in marvel, because I hate avengers, and X-Men would be used to be propped for the avengers. Fuck mcu, they ruined Gotg, Pym, Ultron, I don't want them to ruin Magneto

true.

Zootopia is a comedy. X-men isn't

>Mojo
HNNNNNGH!

I don't think you've ever actually read an X-Men comic. It's not about discrimination allegories all the time. X-Men is just as lighthearted as anything else in Marvel.

Just like in comics. Wow, you're so clever

I don't think you've read any comics either. X-Men is more complex than anything by marvel. Just because they go fight in space with The Brood, doesn't mean that they fit tonally with the rest of Marvel. And as a matter of fact, the X-Men are more menacing. What makes them human, is that they are one step ahead of being villains.

The X-Men touched numerous things beside discrimation, like
-growing up
-morality
-redemption
-change
-evolution
-relationships
-dealing with your inner fears, demons, weaknesses

just fuck off and die. You sound like a bot who copypastes some opinions from X-Men storytimes.

Perfect material for satire commentary on hollywood/entertainment/television

I think this would work great as a movie but at Fox. Cassandra Nova, giant mega wild mega sentinels, etc.

I forgot about the Brood.

So not counting Phoenix/Sinister:
-Brood
-Shi'ar and X-men in Space
-Savage Land
-Mojo

What other events could they do?

>The X-Men touched numerous things beside discrimation, like
>-growing up
>-morality
>-redemption
>-change
>-evolution
>-relationships
>-dealing with your inner fears, demons, weaknesses

Are you talking about the movies or comics? Are we gonna pretend Xmen are suddenly the only stories with themes?

Phalanx, Reavers (apparently in Wolverine 3), X-Men 2099 :3

Mesmero, Juggernaut (proper), Proteus, Hellfire Club (proper), Marauders, Nastirth / Inferno, Belasco, Adversary / Fall of the Mutants, Nimrod, Living Monolith, Alpha Flight?, Shadow King, Onslaught, Arcade, Morlocks / Mutant Massacre, X-Tinction Agenda / Hodge, Right, Purifiers, Bastion, Selene / Necrosha, Upstarts

to name the few

I hope Disney never even touches X-men.

The X-Men are superior to everything else by marvel, sans Spider-Man, albeit OMD ruined him for me. X-Men have much more feels, tearjerker moments, and full glory pay-offs than other properties. Deal with it.

But Marvel = X-Men & Spider-Man. Eventually Punisher, Ghost Rider.

Frankly, I feel like we only touched the surface, they didn't even introduce X-Factor or X-Force

Imagine X-Men vs X-Factor / Freedom Fighters

Uh

>XMCU
nah the mutants won't fit the MCU at all
i would rather have a battleworld crossover

Can you point to the part in my post where you somehow got the idea that I even implied that it was an original idea of mine?

They can fill in what the MCU lacks

Competent villains

It's nice that you admit that your posts are unoriginal

It just greater societal conflict

X-Men in MCU benefits no one, and damages everything. No Black Panther, No Ant-Man, No GOTG, No Captain Marvel, Wolverine in every movie, various mutant characters taken away to prop other properties, and a huge mess.

Only a distinct minority want X-Men in the MCU. It's a retarded idea.

F4 yeah, but not X-Men

Yeah, as an X-fag, I do think that F4 should return to MCU, albeit I wouldn't mind a farewell X-Men / FF crossover. Albeit not X-Men / Tranktastic Four crossover

I'm always memeing how Disney would respect source material and treat characters with love.
And previous five were about Wolverine so who gives a fuck.

People like to pretend that they hate wolverine, but everytime they see him on screen, they lose their shit

This entire thread is about people saying which established X-Men stories could be adapted to the big screen. I can't really take the blame for you missing an obvious point.

Wolverine was an interesting character with an actor who was perfect for the part. Mystique was in a love triangle with an actress who was phoning it in for that role.

But I don't hate Wolverine. I just think he's overused

It's not that they are incompetent, they're just lame aside from Red Skull, Loki and Thanos

Juggernaut would most likely be unrelated to Charles and the Gem wouldn't be used.

Morlocks would be interesting but as a main plot idk. Would be nice to see Callisto and Marrow though.

I also think with all this destruction Mutants can wreak you could explore Genosha as a prison for criminal mutants.

Villains bruh also fantastic 4

I bet we would only really get wolverine in the avengers

How many villains MCU got right? I didn't even like Loki

Loki that enchanted Wrecker's fucking crowbar would gangrape MCU Loki.

Idk none. I guess if you count Bucky or Zemo

>There are faggots who actually want the X Men forced in the MCU
It's a terrible idea

I don't count Bucky, and don't get me started at "Steve Jobs" Zemo

>I touched an X-Men comic once, therefore it must be better than all these things I never read! Also something something Spiderman somthing something OMD amirite fellow Spidey-fans?

What do you mean "got right"?
Because as far as i can tell the only truly misguided one would be Malekith, although to be fair i don't know much about him from the comics. Mandarin too, for obvious reasons (i had no problem with the twist). Vanko maybe was a bit lame?

Imagine MCU Magneto
"yo muggas, total lolllercaust"
"oy vey, nazis everywhere"

Xmen and the F4 universe just completes the MCU.

Or at least powers would be easier to explain and Thor would have no excuse to be depowerd like this since we live in a world where people can shoot lasers in thier eyes and can create blades using only their mind

Ultron. His plot was just a bit stupid.

>It's not about discrimination allegories all the time.

Discrimination is the primary theme of X-Men. It drives so much of the conflict and character identity. Sentinals are a big purple metaphor.

Do you remember Secret Wars last year?
How many there were X-Men minis? How many Spider-Man?

Avengers didn't have a single mini dedicated solely to them, no Kang Dynasty, no Avengers Forever, no Proctor Saga, nothing. Do you know why? Because they are not as aclaimed as X-Men stories.

Civil War was basically marvel event, Korvac Quest was Av / GOTG crossover, AvX was Avx.

Not only that Red Skull was basically Magneto / Red Skull, Siege was basically SWORD II, Future Imperfect was X-Factor / Hulk. Runaways has shitload of X-Men characters.

Same with fucking master of the kung fu. A-Force was basically marvel females, with a lot of X-ladies, Angela was hunting mutants.

Do you start to see a pattern?
The most celebrated marvel events, stories are X-Men stuff, and not only that, basically every other mini had at least one X-Men character to bring the readership.

>easier to explain
I think a magic gene that SUDDENLY came out of nowhere, previously never mentioned by anyone, and somehow has a school devoted to it, might bring up continuity issues. And don't give me that Xavier mind wipe crap. At best, Wolverine would work and he'd never be called a mutant. Keep the X Men out, F4 are fine if we ever get them back

They complete them in comics, but in movies they couldn't co-existence, because either they would steal the spotlight, OR they would had to be downsized to not overshadow Avengers.

With Fox, we can expect New Mutants, X-Force, X-Factor, Gambit, Deadpool, etc.

The X-Men are a universe on their own. And if there is one thing I am thankful that MCU did was that Fox started taking notes and started to get inspired by MCU building their universe.

X-Men Apocalypse definitely takes some cues from The Avengers. The post-credit easter egg is something that MCU started, but nowadays X-Men also employ. Thing is, I'd rather things stayed the way they are now.

>Red Skull, Loki and Thanos

Red Skull and Loki were pretty incompetant. Red Skull started off weaker physically and phychologically than Captain America, lost every battle and didn't get any stronger, so it didn't feel there was much at stake. Loki was beyond entertaining to watch but he was basically a petty space-teen with parent issues, being manipulated by forces he doesn't understand.

They were both good characters, but they weren't good villains.

>How many there were X-Men minis?
My favorite is Age of Apocalypse: House of M. All so Jean could fuck Scott.

And so far Thanos is only sitting on his throne with not much doing other than looking menacing. Wow, what a crafty foreshadowing of his role in Infinity War

Justin Hammer is the only good MCU villain.

>Do you start to see a pattern?
Yes, you being in deep denial about your favourite comic series not being the only succesful thing in Marvel.

Marvel can't even make good X-men comics though

I am really? I don't see you refuting my points.
I didn't even like the minis. However, the sheer fact that X-men had like over 10 minis, plus you could count Siege, Red Skull, Runaways, Master of Kung Fu, and Future Imperfect as semi x-book speaks for itself.

If Avengers were so popular, they would have over 10+ minis. They didn't, and those that they have were shared with other marvel properties.

i would expect this kind of ignorant opinion from a Marveldrone

I don't even consider him a a villain at the moment. He's just a big purple chin in a chair.

Age of Hammer when?

I wonder if he's going to be in love with Death, or if it's too much of a no-no for a Disney movie.

Nobody gave a fuck about anything at marvel besides Xmen and Spiderman before the MCU

You say that, but more than often the Xmen debut with the world being mostly oblivious to their existence? And external factors have been used before to justify why "suddenly" their numbers increased "out of nowhere", like pollution, radiation experiments and such (am i wrong, or was the x-gene not even a thing at first?), there are dozens of ways to explain why there weren't a lot of mutants before [insert random time period]

They will call her the Lady of Destruction or some shit

>I wonder if he's going to be in love with Death

They've had darker themes and it would be a great way of bringing in more supernatural shit to what is currently a very sci-fi setting.

Which is why the mcucks should be happy that they are separate. I swear to god, wishing X-Men to be part of MCU is a monkey paw-tier wish.

Of course. Still, even calling her Lady of Destruction would be ballsy move for Disney.

>I wonder if he's going to be in love with Death, or if it's too much of a no-no for a Disney movie.
Only if she has two singing scenes.

The thing is, marvel has a pressure to top themselves with each movie. Their every next movie has to be successful. It took AoU to fire Perlmutter. One stinker, and Feige also can be out.

The MCU can easily deliver those shits tho and probably better

What if X-Men became part of MCU
Phase 5
>X-Factor
>Uncanny X-Men
>New Mutants
>Daken
>X-23
>Alpha Flight
>Deadpool
>Cable
>Gambit
>some Avengers movie
The end

>probably better
Definitely not, but they can easily flood X-movies at the expense of other properties. You don't know what you're asking for.

That would happen if they didn't sell movie rights, desu.

Yup, and these faggots still want X-Men in MCU, lel

>hurr durr if MCU had Xmen all movies would be Xmen even d-listers

That's fucking retarded, as time goes on Marvel is trying to incorporate more and more characters in single movies (Spidey and Black Panther in Cap, Hulk in Thor, Ant-man & Wasp together etc.), but all of a sudden if they had Xmen they'd do a single movie for any asshole and possible spin-off team? Get outta here, that would only be possible if they were desperate for money and attention, which they are definetly not

Yes but my problem was besides those 3 the others are just lame.

They're nobodies and to the casual viewer I can't imagine them remembering much of the villains after a long time has passed.