X-Men Apocalypse Thread

X-Men Apocalypse I Don't Want Your Future Edition

Well, X-Men Apocalypse had been panned by critics as worse than X-Men The Last Stand, Man of Steel, an The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Fox had major bombs between this and Trank's Fan4stic.

What will happen to the future of Fox's X-Men?

What should they do, Sup Forums?

Have Deadpool lead the X-Men?
Mystique Spin-off movie?
Give actual focus to Cyclops?
Reboot? (again?)
Make a deal with Marvel Studios (like Sony) to have mutants appear in the MCU and pay them to make actual good X-Men movies for them?

shouldn't have cute Jubilee's scene

Literally give rights back to Marvel so I can have Wolverine train Spider-Man.

beat the hell out of Alice.

Give the rights back.

The film was fine. The biggest issue with the film was too much jlaw and that there wasn't enough screen time for storm, cyke, jean, kurt, and betsy

Like the biggest issue I had was that they tried to fit too much movie into not enough time

X-Men won the weekend, but not the war.

I thought Peter Travers gave everything a positive review.

this

Yeah, it really would have worked better as a Two Parter movie

>it's another x-men movie that doesn't have Cyclops as team leader
oh guess what

it's shit

>The film was fine.
Rotten Tomatoes says otherwise

RT says its a 5.6/10 and a 3.8/5

sounds fine to me.

>5.6/10
is an F, why do you think it says ROTTEN and NOT fresh?

and no one cares about the auidience score

>is an F
the fact that very few movies get an A or even a B shows this clearly doesn't work on an academic grading scale but sure believe what you want I guess

They should fire Singer and get fresh blood.

>It's not my fault my movie is dogshit! It's the system, man!
Go back to having sex with underage boys, Singer

Why are you doing this OP?
Why?

>ctrl + f "girls"
>0 results
Your meme game's slipping.

Why does Fox hate the X-Men?

Why is Fox ashamed of making Superhero movies?

Why does Fox keep raping the X-Men?

Why does Fox keep putting Jennifer "Butterface" Lawrence in these movies?

Why does Fox keep hiring a pedo that doesn't have respect for X-Men in charge of the franchise?

Why doesn Fox give the rights back to Marvel (the rightful owner)?

Those review comments are making my brain hurt.
>these used to be a lot more fun
This is the most fun X-Men moves have ever been. It's all color and haminess and bombastic set pieces. Just... what?

they should have Tim Miller take over

What about Apocalypse wasn't respectful to X-Men or ashamed of being about superheroics, exactly?
It was crammed full of love for the source material. More than any prior FoX film (except maybe Deadpool).
Or have you not even seen it?

Captain America Civil War was better

>begging for Fox to give the rights back to Marvel
Will never happen.

Um, user, F is the 6th letter of the alphabet. If films in the sixth centile were F's, that would imply that F was higher than A and J was the best possible score.

The fact is you've assumed a centile equivalence to a letter score that just doesn't exist; you don't need to grade A to score above 90 in most real-world academic tests. A is supposed to be hard to reach.

In fact, that's why real places of education use numbers instead of letters to denote ranking.

If they keep making shitty movies that ruin the brand it probably will.

This. Im sick of this meme already. Look the X Men arent what we hoped them to be, but reverting them to Marvel wont solve anything. In fact, it will make both worse trying to cram them into a universe thats already established. Hell the MCU is weird with the Inhumans already and they dont exactly fit. The X Men should remain their own separate entity right now for both their sakes. And besides, Wolverine is the only one that would really be interesting to see interact with the Avengers anyway

We had Xmen 3 and Wolverine Origins and instead of giving the rights back to Marvel they did a soft reboot that ended up being a second trilogy. So worst comes to worst they'll do a hard reboot.

But like him or not he has X2 and DOFP under his belt so one movie being not as good as his last isn't going to do much.
What it should do is convince him that we want more color in our xmen outfit and less dark flightsuits

More Storm, Nightcrawler, Jean and Cyclops and less mags, beast, wheels and mystique

Marvel getting the rights back is not going to happen.

Let it go. Hope they work out a deal to use Wolverine in the avengers instead.

>but reverting them to Marvel wont solve anything
Marvel Studis just gave us the best cinematic Spider-Man ever.

They would fix the X-Men in ways Fox could never dream (not saying much considering they are idiots).

They would give Wolverine and the rest of the X-Men good costumes. And other X-characters (like Jubilee, Doop, and Iceman) woud get development and screentime.

Shit thread made my angry mcucks.

As long as this shit makes 500m you are not getting the rights back.

Thanks to Quickmemes and redditpool.

>Marvel Studis just gave us the best cinematic Spider-Man ever.
A jumping cgi doll was the best spider-man ever? Why dont you wait for the actual movie?

>They would give Wolverine and the rest of the X-Men good costumes
And pg 13 movies for him. No thanks.

Spider Man and the X Men are two completely different animals. Dont get me wrong, I love what theyve done with Peter and look forward to his solo, but mutants impact the entire connected universe. They only way I see it working is if they do what they did with the Maximoffs and theyre EXTREMELY rare caused by some scientific meddling. Even then its a bit iffy.

>And pg 13 movies for him
You mean like Fox? Who made not one but two PG13 Wolverine movies?

Plus, PG13 if you actually know what you're doing. Take based Russos for instance, they mad Civil War PG13 and it was still pretty dark and mature

Yep. And he was better (and put more effort into) than anything from Fox.

user, if you seriously saying that the X-Men couldn't be in the MCU because Marvel Studios couldn't find a way to incorporate them then you are dumber than dirt.
There are tons of ways they could do it.
They could have Mutants always exist and Prof X kept them a secret (like X-Men Evolution). Or only a few mutants existed but something happens to unlock the X-Gene in tons of people.

It doesn't matter if it's complicated or weird reasoning because IT'S THE X-MEN IN THE MCU. The MCU are literally the kings of superhero films. Audiences love the MCU more than Jesus. They would accept the X-Men in the MCU no matter what because they trust the MCU. They wouldn't even have to explain why, just show a clip of Wolverine in his costume and automatically billions of people would line up to see MCU's X-Men. You think they care that some Neckbeard on Sup Forums doesn't want the X-Men in the MCU? You think people are going to boycott the MCU for Fox??? Shit, these people praised The Force Awakens over the prequels. People would be cheering in the streets. Moviebob would be jizzing his pants.

No X-Men in the MCU please. Jesus christ no.

>Prof X kept the secret
You know that sounds like a retarded asspull explanation right? Anyway it doesnt really matter, Marvel isnt getting them anytime soon, and they pretty much gave up on the idea for now. Theyre more focused on obtaining the Fantastic Four anyway. You can fanboy about the idea all you want, buts not happening

I hope Marvel never gets the rights and all the autists that want all Marvel toys in the same toybox rage forever

You don't want Peter Parker dating Kitty Pryde?

Or Wolverine teaming up with Captain America during WW2?

Or Spider-Man teaming up with Iceman and Firestar?

Or Beast on the Avengers?

Or Storm dating Black Panther?

Or Rogue fighting Carol?

Or Wolverine vs the Hulk?

Or Avengers vs X-Men by based Russos?

You're either trolling or cant see past your own fanboy-ism.

No, I literally don't want any of that.

I'm going to guess either shit-taste or paid Fox Employees

>Why does Fox keep putting Jennifer "Butterface" Lawrence in these movies?

I know people here don't like her, but the answer is pretty obvious. She's the most popular actress is Hollywood right now, and puts asses in seats. More asses in seats means more money, which is literally the only thing movie studios care about.

If this was a few years ago early in the MCU, then yeah Id be with you on this. But no, I dont want a half assed excuse as to why the X Men are suddenly a thing in the MCU. At best we would get Weapon X creating Wolverine and hes never called a mutant. Which you know what? Id be fine with that.

I really liked the movie. Sure it was predictable as hell but all these films are. Other than jlaw why did people hate it?

It's sad how Marvel Studios managed to take Civil War (one of their worst stories) and make it into one of the best cape films ever.

And Fox manages to make Age of Apocalypse a huge boring generic mess of shit.

Zemo>>>>>>>>>>>Apocalypse&Magneto

>Other than jlaw why did people hate it?
it was shit

>Marvel getting the rights back is not going to happen.
that's what they said about spiderman

FOX isnt hurting for money like Sony Pictures

>this is going to be a threadly pasta now

they will if their movies keep bombing

To my knowledge the X Men movies are still profitable enough for them to get by, and Deadpool kind of solidifies the fact that the mutants arent going anywhere for a good while. Fantastic Four is a different story, but even then FOX might cling to that desperately just so Marvel wont make a profit like they did with Daredevil

the latest x-men movie was a flop

welllllll

kinda

Don't forget Trank's Fan4stic

Really? I havent kept up with the numbers

you almost did the same shit when DOFP came out
the difference was you couldn't cling to rottentomatoes to validate it

besides X-Men is staying at Fox for at least another 10 years thanks to Deadpool alone, regardless of how the sequel is received

>muh villains
>it's only okay when Marvel waste great actors on them on 10/13 of their movies!
>mentioning Trump in your review

yeah no
put the rotten reviews from unbiased critics with zero political shit and then we'll talk

Just saw the movie. I don't follow X-men comics as much as other marvel properties but I thought it was great, Pietro stole the show and i'm glad hes being put on the new cinematic team if they ever continue.

Apocolypse as a villain was okay, but hey rushed him. Jean going phoenix was expected, and after building up this all powerful god like entity, he just gets massacred because jean opened her mind. I get shes powerful, but come on.

Only thing I agree with in this thread is X-men should stay Fox, Singers doing well with them now, and its actually entertaining instead of grimdark and brooding. Fox NEEDS to give up F4 though. An MCU without Doom is a crime against humanity.

At this point I'm convinced they're holding onto F4 just to spite Marvel.

>Butthurt Trumper
How do you still exist after Nick Spencer BTFO all of you?

>Complains about humans being expendable and off camera

no shit? Its not about the humans.

>Disturbingly expendable

Newsflash, there 6 billion of us. We're expendable as fuck.

It's kind of amazing how it's already been released in the US and Sup Forums STILL doesn't give a shit

what happens in the original apocolypse? What makes it better?

Spoil me pls.

Not everyone wants X-Men to be Man of Steel 2.0, edgelord

Why do you think Marvel Studios is king?

Really I think its because we all know its the same movie again and theres no rush to see it. I know I'll see it...........eventually

Zemo was the best villain of the summer hand down

How is that relevant to what I said? Every single super hero film in existence show "expendable humans" dying in the background, buildings fall, cities blow up, etc.

Civil war made that the whole point of their movie, that the avengers couldn't save everyone.

And there is no edge to it. 6 billion human beings on the planet, if some die as an unforseen circumstance in a FICTIONAL production, who the fuck even is going to care?

I mean even Sup Forums has only 3 threads about it, and one only has 2 responses. That's kind of impressive.

This, you've seen one Fox/Singer X-Men, you've seen them all.

I'll probably watch it when it comes to HBO or something. But I ain't running out to the movie to see it.

No one wants to watch Magneto kill billions of people (and get away with it) and no one acting like it's a big deal.

Civil War at least showed that property damage and casualties is a serious issue and that people matter.

Apocalypse is a Roland Emmerich movie that cares more about blowing up monuments than being inspirational.

DAMN! I did not think the RT score would be that low! Maybe 60-70. But DAAAAMMMNNN!

This. I surprisingly didn't hate it but there was to much Mystique, to the point that I felt she was reaching felicity levels of annoying. Cyclops and Havok needed more screen time (I was actually surprised I ended up liking this cyclops) In all honesty I think the X-Men just need a new voice, Singer has been on the films to long, in a perfect world we'd get the First class guy back

>muties
>inspirational

Under Fox they aren't.

I have this same exact thread like four times, word for word, what are the mods doing?

So I guess Wanda in this universe isn't daughter of Magneto?

>OH MUH GODDESS, WHY DOES POPULAR TOPIC HAVE ANOTHER THREAD????!!!!!
>WITH THE SAME CRITICISMS AND IDEAS THAT EVERYONE IS THINKING ABOUT???!!!!!!!

Your movie is shit, Fox. Stop raping the X-Man Franchise. Some of us actually care about the characters.

Peter clearly was watching Dadneato give his speech in DoFP with his sister

Peter said Magneto left his mom before she gave birth to him.

Wanda was shown as a little girl in DoFP

The deal was Marvel got Wanda, Fox got Peter

I know. I'm saying Wanda from DoFP isn't a daughter of Magneto since he left mother before she gave birth to Peter.

Saw it tonight, actually liked it. Don't know if it was the low expectations. Opposite for Civil War tho desu. Hyped as best cape movie ever, left feeling pretty "meh".

...this wasn't Age of Apocalypse.

At all.

It had nothing to do with AoA. That would've been a better story, actually, and would actually be a great story to tell if Marvel/Disney gets the rights back. Lends itself to the serial format they love so much really well.

>Wanda was shown as a little girl in DoFP

Actually, that's wrong.

In the Rogue Cut, the mom tells the little girl to go upstairs and bother her sister. They don't even show Wanda, but she definitely exists.

What memories did Jean even give back to Logan, anyway?

Did he get weirded out and run away because he met her before it's okay to want to fuck her?

>Literally "THERE ARE NO GIMMICK IN THE MOVIE SO IT'S SHIT" critics
The story is excellent, the characters are greats, good cinematography, the movie is fun, I don't get what is the problem with this movie...

Your movie was shit Singer. Civil War was a billion times better. Go back to having sex with underage boys, you disgusting Pedo!

Mystique doesn't even have that much screen time.

>The film was fine.
>but it should have been a different film
Nice evaluation there.

this movie has little to do with the comic story.

in the comics iirc
>legion goes back in time to assasinate magneto
>kills xavier
>timelines fucked
>magneto forms the x men i think?
>apocalypse rules world

i only know vague shit. i think cyclops cut off wolverines hand in this reality too.

THIS
H
I
S

The rumors are true, right? They've fired Jennifer Lawrence? She's done after this because she's such an impossible bitch to work with?

>this wasn't Age of Apocalypse
And whose fault is that HMMMMM?

We know what you're doing, stop

Go cry with Trank and Snyder about your shitty movies Singer.

Hope so. She gave the most half-assed performance in the entire movie. She really didn't to be there. And after seeing the RT score, I wouldn't blame for wanting to jump ship.

She's done because her contract is up, just like McAvoy, Fassbender and Nicholas Hoult.