Marvel thinks this is print-quality art

>Marvel thinks this is print-quality art
>Marvel thinks a book drawn like this is worth $4

>Marvel thinks negroes in comics can bring in cash
It's fun, really.

Maybe if it had an unique coloring style it would help. But yeah it's okay quality for a webcomic, but low tier acceptable even at that level. For print? Nah.

The near absence of backgrounds is more offensive than the wiggle noodle art style. That's just objectively lazy.

These profiles are fucking horrendous.

It's not that anyone cares about squirrel girl anyway

but there MUST be a couple interns who can do better shit than erica henderson for less money

I hadn't checked in for a while to see where things had gone. I'm convinced we're eventually going to see Lena Dunham as SG in all her potato glory.

How much does it cost relative to other comics with with more detail?

>let me just shit all over this comic that a woman drew, that'll earn me brownie points with the misogynists!
Go fuck yourself OP. Seriously.

It costs the same, but Cho likely has a far larger cost per page rate.

Are you talking shit about my squirrelfu?

Wow, Erica, you could've just said you were lurking.

it costs more than any DC or Image release

certain marvel books are more expensive tho, like gwenpool or hydracap

Okay, so Squirrel Girl has less effort put into every page because it has a smaller readership because it puts less effort into every page. It's a vicious cycle.

I love Cho's She-Hulk.

art in this weeks Hellcat is giving SSG a run for their money.

does anyone know what Marvel is trying to accomplish with their girl books btw?

try to find a Sup Forums thread complaining about Pichelli

you wont. good artists, regardless of sex, don't get threads like this made about them

Even Paranatural has better looking monochrome backgrounds

One of the few quality drawn Marvel books left right now.

Why does the new Hulk look like a monster? I thought the only reason the Banner became monstrous was because he was fucked up in the head. Sane people like Jennifer Walters and Amadeus should just become taller and beefier versions of themselves.

There are many women that draw much better comics.

>If you criticize anything produced by a woman, it can only possibly because of her gender
>Women can't be held to the same critical standards as men
>Women don't deserve to be treated equally to men
Found the misogynist.

Amadeus WANTS to be a monster, so that's what he looks like, just like Thunderbolt Ross WANTED to be a monster.

amadeus isnt sane tho

The perspective and placement on the legs is really fucked up.

Really? Why? In what way?

Why doesn't she just date the guy she's sitting with?

Are you blind? One is black and one is white.

Alright, I'm just going to have to comment on this: can people really not tell she's female, or am I just missing out on the joke? The art's not pleasant, and that's putting it nicely, but that's obviously a woman.

he has severe survivors guilt over the stuff with his family and at one point during herc's he realized he was responsible for some of herc's failing due to enabling him into his old patterns which made him depressed

I think Gurihiru is doing a great job with Gwenpool.

Holy shit those are both chicks?

he is friendzoned and/or gay

think about it, the guys squirrel girl has fucked have been: Speedball, Wolverine, Daredevil and Thor

you cant just fuck a nobody after that

Why do they both have male haircuts?

Which is more important Sup Forums, good art or good writing?
>inb4 both

I think good writing excuses poor art, good art rarely makes up for poor writing though.
I like squirrel girl, everybody i know who has read it likes it. It is funny, this is not a bad trait in a comic.
>inb4 edgelords demanding all should be 90's grimdark.

What think?

I didn't realize Squirrel Girl's pal was female until she called her Nancy and I looked at her shirt and chest.

Hahaha, oh fuck, this comic just keeps looking horrible. I'm not even into supers, let alone SG, but every single fucking time I just feel forced to look at these pages. It's like watching a trainwreck.

Literally every single person on Sup Forums could do better. I'm not even kidding. The best in this are the hands, and even they are rudimentary line-art with minimal colouring in order to convince you you're reading a finished product.

Tom fucking Preston is a better artist than this. And he's the guy who plateau'd after college and colours his comics with the fill tool.

>but that's obviously a woman.

No, it really isn't obvious at all.

Amadeus envies the Hulk and thinks that the Hulk is the greatest superhero of all time, which is why his hulk form looks like the Hulk.

As a general anatomical thing men have a bigger jaw/chin.
I'm not speaking of only about the dimorphism and exaggeration that comes with drawing, but in general mammal males have a bigger jaw/chin combo.
So yeah that girl looks like a man because she has a jaw the size of Texas.

no you're right
chipmunk hunk is totally one of those A-list heroes that isn't awful or boring or lame or uninspired or unknown in every single sense of the meaning

art is the first thing you notice

before you know if the writing will be your thing, art HAS the responsibility to keep you turning the page

i honestly haven't read this comic, the art completely turned me off of it

MMMMMMMMMaybe if it was by an author i already like i would be willing to power past the art. but its not

Speedball is kind of a nobody.

writing trumps art every time
because ultimately comics are just another vehicle for the story
if you wanted good art but didn't want to focus on a story, why wouldn't you just pick up painting
art is a nice reason to become interested in something, and if you don't care about the story feel free to look at the pretty pictures, but like most media, it's about the writing

Erica Henderson can draw TWO books a month! Unbeatable Squirrel Girl and Jughead! She's not doing Jughead anymore, but that's because she's doing a Squirrel Girl OGN due out in August!

>that author's comment

But, like, how does that compare to Banner?

>That's obviously a woman
Not really. I mean maybe if it was real life but EH's style ontop of being hideous is really simplistic. I wasn't sure if this was her roommate or a completely different black person.
Everyone seems to look really fucking similar.

I couldn't tell.

didnt he kill like 600 kids and cutting himself triggered his powers at some point?

thats pretty nice

>she's doing a Squirrel Girl OGN

i will buy it and periscope myself burning it

>the visual aspect of a visual medium is unimportant

I will never understand this attitude. If you like the comic, fair enough. But your reasoning is utterly alien to me. I can understand liking a comic despite bad art, or even despite bad writing. But to say it's not a bad trait? It very plainly is, if you ask me. It lessens the quality of the product.

Surely that will show them!

other than wanting to be him while maybe feeling sorry for him as per his own admission, it has never been developed WHY

She has a jawline that would make Crimson Chin jealous, smaller lips, no distinguishing feminine features since they're all hidden under a sweater, and really short hair. Yeah, I assumed they were a guy.

LOL, when somebody loves your shit, you're (your name.) But when somebody hates your shit, it's because you're "a woman."

Bullshit, sweetie.

It depends. Neither trumps the other.
Good art will typically be thought of as apart from shit writing. If the art is good enough then people will just post it out of context typically.
If the art is literally unreadable then it doesn't matter how good the writing is, you can't read it.
If it's readable but hideous, there's not much incentive to read it.

And I love funny books, too bad this isn't a funny book.

And it's not unusual for a black guy to wear a sweater. Black guys can wear anything and it looks cool.
>jealous white person who only looks good in certain colors/materials

>Nominated for TWO Eisner's

I swear that black dude looks like a dude to me. If it's a woman, she's got a very manly skull.

remember when squirrel girl was cute and awkward?

why is the dating website using the Cartoon Network logo

I'm just waiting for Erica to announce Nancy's trans

What I'm trying to say is that it doesn't seem like Amadeus's crazy doesn't compare to Banner's crazy.

That said Amadeus is still more or less Amadeus in hulk form unlike Banner, and I guess if Amadeus idolizes the original Hulk form then that might explain why he looks monsterous instead of a super sexy buff green human.

>And it's not unusual for a black guy to wear a sweater.
What're you talking about? That has nothing to do with the subject

>Black guys can wear anything and it looks cool.
>jealous white person who only looks good in certain colors/materials
Oh, you're retarded

Never said art was unimportant, just less important in my opinion.

My point is that SG really is funny, it pokes fun at comics without taking the piss, and is by far the most liked comic that i have tried to get newbies into.
I often try to get work mates etc into comics, and SG has made more people interested than any other i could mention.
Yep, art matters and this is below what should be expected but it kind of fits the writing style. Quirky and different, not too serious etc.
There are worse comics out there guys.

I don't see why they wouldn't. Black tranny is a two for one deal.

Isn't that a good thing though?
If people don't blame your lack of skills on you specifically and you still have the chance to become good, well known, and known for more than being just another female
And doesn't that actually make sense?
If your art is terrible and so is everything else about you, what would make you distinct from literally anyone who share traits with you, one of the major traits being your gender

I mean, if a dude was being a nondescript asshole, wouldn't people just say "ugh, men"

They already said she isn't, but one is.

>Yep, art matters and this is below what should be expected but it kind of fits the writing style. Quirky and different, not too serious etc.

look at slott's Silver Surfer's art

goofy/quirky and cartoony, yet very good looking

The Allreds have actually cultivated their style for almost 2 decades.

Cho's art in Hunk is completely on the goofy side, but that doesn't make him put less of an effort

Or look at Gwenpool's.

Erica simply isn't doing pro-level work and it hurts her product because some readers do care about visual part of the storytelling.

I could draw 3x that amount if I didn't care what it looked like or how well it sold.

I believe art should add something to the comic. If the art doesn't lift the work upward, then there is no purpose to it being there, aside from facilitating prose-free storytelling. Especially when it comes to sequential storytelling, where the art should be painting the narrative as much as the writing.

And SG's art is the definitive example of art just being there so we can call it a comic.

I feel like this is just as bad.
I thought it was a webcomic at first.

is this a fan comic

This... this isn't a real comic book? No, it can't be
IT CANT BE

jesus

CalArts has made it into marvel

>Isn't that a good thing though?

If it was reality, it could be argued that it was both bad and good, but if it's pure delusion on the part of the artist, it's just bad.

You're delusional if you think you can take the credit for everything you do well but everything you do poorly is down to your gender and people who hate your crappy art just hate ALL women and anything done by a woman.

I knew that the SG artist really fucking sucked before I knew it was some female named Erica Henderson. If it was a man, I'd STILL say fire the bitch.

What sucks is that there are probably tens of thousands of women who could do a better job, but they languish in obscurity while Erica Henderson pats herself on the back for mutilating my waifu and turning every character she draws into a tranny.

One more thing, why does EVERY single character have the exact same nose? Why is it the nose of Rocky Marciano after 12 rounds?

Why does every character look like they get hit in the face with frying pans for a living?

>I mean, if a dude was being a nondescript asshole, wouldn't people just say "ugh, men"

What?? What in the fuck are you TALKING ABOUT? Nobody would say that except a fucking crazy person.

Trust me dipshit, when I say Erica Henderson's art sucks it isn't because all men secretly hate all women, you fucking retard. Two out of my three favorite authors are women, so FUCK YOU, YOU specifically, individually, not your gender, YOU.

Stop talking about who prefer you fuck all the time, we don't care, it's not characterization!

Looks like fan art straight out of tumblr

its real

only $3.99!

Jeez down syndrome superheroes now? I'm all for inclusiveness, but shit.

First, nice get.
Secondly, you have a point. I dropped gwenpool because of the lol-deadpool-quip writing myself but yeah, there are far better examples out there and i guess it would improve the comic. The lack of backgrounds and poor faces has started to annoy me since you guys just keep pointing it out.
It is web-comic level art, i suppose marvel should have much higher standards.

Why does Sup Forums have to piss on things i like? Just let me enjoy my pleb taste comics!

Is it the new Hellcat? Which issue?

>FUCK YOU, YOU specifically, individually, not your gender, YOU.
why are you so mad
I'm not even the user you started this conversation with

most recent one. #6 i think

Where do you work? A hipster coffee shop in California?

There are incredible comics out there without a single line of writing or dialogue.

Couldn't be more wrong Sup Forumsmrade.

Work in a call centre type thing in Norwich, England.

Fucking wish i lived in Cali!

It's up for you, the consumer, to decide that and you already have.

>I dropped gwenpool because of the lol-deadpool-quip writing
Man, you REALLY don't know what you're talking about.

True, i have just read fran which is great, fuck i even enjoyed godzilla in hell, but i fail to see your point?
>other examples appreciated, you can still call me a fag as well

But if an artist is truly expressive he can tell a great story without putting a single word to page.

So while I see where you're coming from, by your logic I could say "Well if you want good writing and don't want to focus on the art then why don't you just read a book instead?"

Obviously there's a finer balance to be had in this particular medium.

I actually like the design used for Squirrel Girl in this comic, but the super shit art style just repulses me too much to even consider picking it up.

This bitch is also drawing the new Jughead books. Jughead was a sexy mother fucker in the Archie reboot, then they say "hey maybe we should make our most attractive character look like bad dirk the daring fan art"

Is it good user? Just seemed like fan pandering to me, only read 1st issue then dropped it. What did i miss?
I am a bit of a dc and indie fag though, tend not to read much marvel.

its fan pandering

MAYBE it will get good if they develop her as a char someday. right now the best char in that comic is modok. let that sink in

>But if an artist is truly expressive he can tell a great story without putting a single word to page.
No user, you misunderstand
If an artist is expressive enough to where he can create a great story with his art, that is both a combination of good art and good story
I mean, you explicitly said great story when we're talking about either or

In a situation where you have to choose between good art and good story, comics are a medium where good story is more important than good art.