This is the most powerful line ever spoken by a superhero in a movie

This is the most powerful line ever spoken by a superhero in a movie.

Martha!

Remind me again what the line was?

"For you"

>you leave those children alone, zod!

Zod: IF YOU DESTROY THIS SHIP, YOU DESTROY KRYPTON!

Superman: KRYPTON HAD ITS CHANCE!

>KRYPTON HAD IT'S CHANCE!

The close of of the panic on Zods face was perfect.

Heat beam is one of the few things done right about Superman. He's quite terrifying when he uses it

>Sup Forums HAD IT'S CHANCE

That line is pretty good, yeah.

I liked Bruce's line in BvS where he says:

>I'm older now than my father ever was. This is my legacy...

It's stuck with me despite being fairly disappointed with the movie. I guess it's because it was one of the few human moments in the film. I wish there were more.

>I bet your parents taught you that you mean something. That you're here for a reason. My parents taught me a different lesson, dying in the gutter, for no reason at all. They taught me the world only makes sense if you force it to.

Primo Miller.

Man I loved that line.

And then Batman realizes just how wrong he has been all this time 10 minutes later

BOY DO WE HAVE TROUBLE UP HERE

Yeah, I liked that part too. Superman was wrong when he said "men don't stay good" either. Wonder Woman was wrong for assuming mankind was bad too. I loved this movie.

I loved everything that didn't involve

Wait... I have not seen the movie, so i do not understand, but... First Bruce makes a joke about Clark's parents and after is surprised that he has a mother?

But that is SIMPLY PARADOXICAL.

This. Shit. I even liked the Martha scene. Made me think of my mom and my grandma. My grandma passed away last year and it got me thinking too much about the future. One day my mom will pass too and I'll be all that's left of her. I don't want to disappoint her.

If you love someone Sup Forums don't disappoint them. Build them a monument.

I bet you understood ant-man just fine.

It can't beat, "I don't see how that's a party."

Better than literally any line of dialogue iron-mans ever had.

I legitimately don't get how BvS has such a low score. It's easily one of the best movies of 2016, much better than Quip War.

>You leave those children alone, Superman!

Yeah but it goes over Batman's head until he realizes that their moms have the same name.

Also Martha was his dad's last word before he died.

Civil War is compared in the same Scale as Transformers

BvS tried to be a serious movie and was rated as such. IT doesnt help that both the critics and public are just not ready for an action pop corn movie with the structure of a tragedy

>Also Martha was his dad's last word before he died.
I hated this. It was so in-your-face about it.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY LEMON SLICES XD

But he was the funniest part.

>action pop corn movie
that really undersells how deep BvS was

>Serious scene
>Serious scene
DASH OF PAPRIKA XD
>audience chuckles awkwardly at sudden tonal shift.

He meant alien parents. And he was right. Besides, why would Batman think he had human foster parents?

>WAY TO GO, TIC TAC

Actual dialog

>trading a cherry Jolly Rancher for Zod's
body

Come on, that was a great scene.

Civil War wasn't great but Batman v. Superman is a goddamned trainwreck. If it weren't for the fact that I went to see it with friends who I could make fun of the movie with, I would have fallen asleep or walked out. Battfleck barely pulls it up to a 2/10.

>It was so in-your-face about it.

And yet people didnt really understood it.

Watch it again when you're over 25.

>didnt really understood it

You really shouldn't say that shit while writing like a 5 year old.

More like over 12. It would only be confusing for a child.

To be frank, Affleck as Batman was not even all that great. Until now no actor has convinced me in the role of the Bat.

This made me hate Batman. Hell, i remember a Batfag friend of mine that almost left the theater when he said that.

>Henry Cavill's acting
>pointless Lois Lane
>entire plot threads being unnecessary
>Lex being nothing like Lex
>nonsensical dialogue
>everything involving Doomsday
>good

BvS is a good film in only one respect, and that's as an unintentional comedy. Every single attempt it made to be dramatic had me laughing, and that's a Snyder problem. It's his complete lack of subtelty. He makes everything incredibly goofy and over the top, while simultaneously attempting to be serious and deep. It only works in movies like 300 that aren't trying to be anything more than dumb action schlock.

I totally believe you.

It had you laughing because you're juvenile. Like I said, over 25, not sooner.

Maybe if he bothered to do ANY detective work at all in regards to the "Most Powerful Being on the Planet". It makes me mad that in the Synder Films Lois Lane has been shown to be more of a detective than Batman.

*giggles* remember when the bats started lifting him in the beginning? Lol, what was that about? Haha this movie was silly.

First I was like "Wow, ANOTHER fucking origin story..." then I was like "This better be a fucking dream, because it's be no less than five minutes and so far it's pretty bad..."

Welcome to every Snyder movie ever

Only mental midgets didn't understand this movie.

Yeah, had to convinced him to stay. Apparently the guy never read DKR.

>Lois Lane has been shown to be more of a detective than Batman.

This meme needs to end. Superman didn't even EXIST during Lois's investigations. That's already a huge advantage because she was looking for an average guy with powers. Batman had literally no reason to believe that Superman had a secret identity.

Oh yeah, I'm sure I just didn't get the incredible depth of Lex Luthor crying over Zod despite not knowing him or anything about him, or Superman referring to his mom by her first name for no reason other than to advance the plot, or the Flash somehow having dream travel powers.

>jolly rancher scene
>Martha getting saved by Bats and ends with a joke
>Batman swinging Superman in a circle

There's probably more but I'm hungover and can't think too well

Underaged drinking is illegal. Also what's your point exactly?

Those were all good scenes. Your point falls flat.

>Batman swinging Superman in a circle
I could only think of Mario swinging Bowser around by his tail when that happened, it was so silly.

Synder please go back to Sup Forums no one on Sup Forums likes you
Aside from the line that Zod had in his global broadcast stating that Superman had been hiding among them for years. Lois tracked down a faceless nobody with a shitty budget, with less time and Batman couldn't be bothered to investigate a figure that's been the centerpiece of most News feeds since he showed up for two solid yeara? No facial recognition, no investigation at all? Come on man, it's a huge plot hole that is saved by people saying "You just don't understand, Batman had to take his stupid pills" it's not a meme, it's a fact

>"so was I"
who wrote this garbage?

Only teenagers point out they drink to look cool. Did you get "totally wasted" on your Friday night out, user?

Bet it was a fucking sausage fest.

>Pretty decent thread bringing up favorite lines
>Delves into company wars bullshit

Why am I not surprised.

Batman didnt care to investigate. What's the point? Like Luthor, would kidnapping Superman's mom help you kill him?

>two BvSfags samefagging
>can't bring up any actual defense for their precious movie, just keep pulling the "underage" card

>arguing with someone under the age of 25

I am one of the people defending BvS in this thread.

I was just joking, it's garbage.

Don't forget Batman's Dr. Zoidberg scene at the beginning.

>Aside from the line that Zod had in his global broadcast stating that Superman had been hiding among them for years.

Was in hiding, no longer in hiding. Why would he be? Who could stop him? Look, I really like Batman, but he's not omniscient. Plus this Batman would probably believe that Superman is too prideful to hang out with humans anyway. He's just so cynical because of all the stuff that's happened to him.

>what's the point?
Know your enemy, not rush in blind, form a strategy, understand your opponent mind set. Pretty much any reason that he would investigate anything else. The ONLY reason why Batman didn't show any form of Detective skills is so that they would have a reason to fight to make the title of the film justified.

Had Batman been a detective in this film we would have gotten World's Finest instead, and the whole "fight" would have been staged as a means to get Batman close enough to save MA Kent without actually tipping the Lex Men off.

I'm forgetting what exactly you mean. Some of the early parts of the movie were a haze.

People just don't like letting others enjoy high quality content.

>high quality content.

Where was he hiding all that time? In some fortress covered in Ice? How much has he learned about humanity? What are his views on the human race? Why hasn't he just put the world in a glass bottle?

I get that he's cynical and all that after 20+ years of being Batman, but he did nothing with his two years of prep time, that's more than enough to learn everything about Superman, Batman really isnt the kind of character to take things at face value, he'll work to find the actual truth in whatever is put before him, but the film just completely ignored this defining character trait because they needed him and Superman to fight because the audience wanted Vs instead of World's Finest.

I'm not even a Batman fan, but I feel that the film should have treated the character with a little more respect.

well it is made for kids

Early on, when the police are raiding that human trafficking group. They see a guy beaten unconscious with the bat symbol branded into him. Then the cop points his flashlight up a bit and...there's a picture I wish I had, of an anime guy cornering an anime girl against a wall by leaning on the wall with his hand planted by her head, and below that a similar picture of him and the girl with his foot on the wall, and below that him trapping her in a corner by leaning on both walls with all hands a feet, just suspended there. That was Batman. And then the cop fires at him, and Batman WUB WUB WUBs outta there.

>I haven't seen this movie and don't get the context of this quote.

>MARVELFAG!

Reminds me of this.

Mhm

>Know your enemy, not rush in blind, form a strategy, understand your opponent mind set. Pretty much any reason that he would investigate anything else.

Again, what's the point of doing this against Superman? This would give you no tactical advantage without a legitimate way of harming him

this would have been a good line if he didn't say
"dying in the gutter"
how the fuck does one die in a gutter? it's something that you put next to the roof of a house.
if you watch the movie carefully, Zach Snyder makes plenty of cringey mistakes like this.

Gutters used to go from roof to pavement, and if you lived in old houses they do go into alleyways

Ever heard of Beer Street and Gin Lane? Look it up

Ah yes, that part. The rest of the scene was actually good, one of the few good parts of the film, but that shot was so goofy.

that was Batman joking

Where do you think you are?
He may not be American or British, you prick.

>90 replies, 31 posters
BvS and MoS were shit, move on samefag

every time

>Flash somehow having dream travel powers.
okay you're definitely underage

>made me hate Batman

Meh, he came around at the end.

No because I couldn't even remember it.

Nigga, time travel is not dream travel. The Flash is not Freddy Kruegar.

>you leave those children alone, Faora!

> whose perversions and unreasoning hatred of all mankind have threatened even the children of the planet Krypton

>My parents taught me a different lesson, dying in the gutter, for no reason at all

I thought they were shot? Fucking hell, why even bother with the bat theme when he can just call himself Captain Entitlement. It's not like anybody else is happy to outlive their loved ones.

Fucking manchild, no wonder he's the biggest selling comic book now.

>Batman didnt care to investigate. What's the point?
Maybe the world's greatest detective should bother doing some detective work.