How about a Ruby Gloom thread, Sup Forums?

How about a Ruby Gloom thread, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

join.skype.com/u4pZBVaszQbb
youtube.com/watch?v=HP0rsHRqWBw
youtube.com/watch?v=FkwHcIQ3m-E
youtu.be/HCvXRjzAeXc
druid-dan.tumblr.com/image/145083107135
youtube.com/watch?v=XZ4Ib-7fJqY
nelvana.com/ConsumerProducts
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw Sup Forums doesn't love RG anymore.

Who could abuse this beautiful screaming banshee?

How's about you eat a Hundred-Crack Fist, you little niglet?

She abuses herself, by existing I guess. That silly woman.

Also us Gloom-fans have a skype group that anyone is welcome to join! It isn't just for Ruby Gloom though, we're fans of all kinds of cartoons with spooky grills. Come join and hang out! Open this link with skype to join, or add mr.mumford to be added.

join.skype.com/u4pZBVaszQbb

So to get some discussion going, I wanted to ask the thread:

What was your first episode of Ruby Gloom? Or maybe just exposure stories in general.

My first episode was Misery Loves Company, after the MG spam of 07/08, wanted to know what show the images were from and found it. Watched my first episode and loved it. So what about you guys?

Last Train the Gloomsville is the only one that really sticks out in my mind, and not even that well.
Pretty sure I first saw a few episodes on YTV before Sup Forums reminded me it existed and I looked up the rest.

just a theory, but maybe the Skype group snatched away the Sup Forums Gloom fans? I guess Manly and Mumsie still post here, but these threads doesn't have as much life as it once had.

>10 replies, 8 posters
actually that's a good start

There shouldn't be lewds posted here but it's posted snyway. Why.

Where?

I wonder what kind of vidya Misery would like, or what kind of music she would listen to. I've always thought of her as a metal-fan.

As far as vidya goes, I like Misery being an old-school pc gamer, big fan of Doom, Quake, half life etc etc.

Unfortunately I'd agree. I just don't have time to keep up in the skype group, though they seem cool.

Mine was Gloomer Rumor. I feel like it's a pretty decent introduction to the show, even though I think technically Grounded in Gloomsville is marked as episode #1.

I imagine she would be mildly amused by jump scares and would play games like Five Nights at Freddy's and watch those internet freak out videos.

Sometime tells me Misery would barely even react to a jump scare.

Though just watching her play vidya in general would be adorable.

Which characters do you think deserve more fanart? including lewd

Personally, I think Gunther and Uta deserves some kind of reconition.

i had to

>mispelling recognition

Venus

Working on the spriting the outside of the Mansion today. I admit I traced some parts of it. It will look decent by the time it's finished I hope.

That's still awesome, bro.

Ruby Gloom is one of those shows I can always go to if I'm feeling down.

The irony is how good it is at brightening one's day while still being so dark.

I was the RG spam of 07/08.

Can't remember which ep I saw first though.

youtube.com/watch?v=HP0rsHRqWBw

Why have I never seen this before.

Is anyone else watching season 3 of Ruby's look-alike?

I'm meaning to, but I'm so busy right now I can't find the time. But I download and archive them intending... one day.

But actually I really ought to rewatch Ruby Gloom. It's been a while and I miss the voices of Iris, Misery and Ruby.

What stops you from watching Ruby Gloom now or one episode daily?

bump

I would subscribe to a Misery lp channel in a heart beat.

It really is mostly the skype group now.

Still good to always see Ruby on Sup Forums

No one. Misery is beautiful and no one (but life itself) will hurt her.

Venus needs more love.

As well as pretty much all the background characters.

mt is this yours?

It is.

I'll be Home for Misery

I saw a top 10 goths video, misery was in it, and I had to see more of her, so I just clicked the first episode that pops up when you search Ruby Gloom.

I rewatched it recently. Still holds up. Supprised how good the animation got in the last 2 episodes.

what even is this?

Yeah but you have to remember, she's a banshee. She's already dead. Besides, misery IS around (banshees in general) to warn people of their deaths and bad things.
Which has happened in the show before.
Also she's not a woman she's canonly a young teen and this is proven by looking at the rg official website

I mean, she still breaks a thousand though, she's been to at least one other family reunion.

she is amused by things such as cuts and such so she's be morbidly interested in things like this.
But we ALSO need to remember how compassionate she is. She couldn't sleep because she was afraid of sheep getting hurt, and her personality really is that she would prefer to get hurt rather than to see someone else do that.
I think a typical horror game where the main character (her) is the only one getting hurt would be more up her ally.
And any games where someone else gets hurt or she has to hurt someone she would not play it.

Yeah but we're talking about physical age.
Also that episode is suggested to be in her imagination as a dream, and besides, in that episode she was confused about the whole "it's coming" whereas morose did, suggesting that morose did know of it and misery was a in the dark. And Misery NEVER forgets catastophes.

it's shown that she's old af in that episode where she gets stuck on that ice floe and we see her 7 years in the past looking exactly the same.
BUT
banshees are DEAD, remember.

she must have DIED as a young teen, and she'd be the same as say, skullboy, who ain't gonna age either.
She's probably over 150 though.
But not a woman.
she'd forever be a child.

look how cute she is.
anyone who wants to abuse her is devoid of any sort of feeling.

ANTS

I broke my computer so the only pictures I have of Misery are my stupid roleplay ones.

Okay, real talk.

Who CURRENTLY owns Ruby Gloom? Like who owns the license??

I haven't thought about this show in a while, and then I started playing undertale and it all came back to me.

Funny you mention that!

>a young teen

youtube.com/watch?v=FkwHcIQ3m-E

In all seriousness, I see nothing immoral about sex with a teenager (that's when biology is telling them to have kids, although that varies between some people), but it is, on the other hand, highly unethical, so until a gel's at the age of consent, I'm willing to do the jailbait wait.

I don't think I'd do Misery anyway, Aiden would probably throw himself off a bridge and have the luck to survive after breaking half the bones in his body.

oh shit i actually asked for that artist to draw me that.
can actually give you their account if you're interested

I haven't actually seen that one before, nice.

real talk though.
You're going to get a lot of diseases and probably die if you have sex with her.
She's got a LOT of disease

I'm really sorry but I don't remember the artist who drew it...

Search up may futilis on facebook.
She's got an alien profile picture.

You're correct Manly, you're very correct.

But yeah imagine how many fucking stds you would get from having sex with Misery? Let alone the chances of all kinds of other dangerous shit.

I'd rather just hug and kiss her

ok , due to the fact that she's dead the only way it would spread would be via liquids.
meaning that a mouth kiss would kill you
and wiping her tears and getting it in a cut for example, and straight on sex will kill you
or you're just going to get very ill.

so yeah just watch out for those unless you want a death wish.

Well you're certainly a blast

On the upside, at least you would die. Doing it with ruby would just make you wish you were dead, ceramic is Hell to rub on dry, sensitive skin. Iris would be best, except it's interspecies, so you might get cyclops AIDS.

Also, her family is probably quite... large, should she have any. A bunch of angry Greek giants out for your head does not sound very fun.

I have a problem

>cyclops AIDS

kek

She has a gentle voice.

Cyclops AIDS would be worth it. Being welcomed to the family by having boulders chucked at me would not.

Better than whatever you can get from Misery. She's pretty but all those consequences just aren't worth it.

Canada
Literally all of Canada owns Ruby equally now.

eh, worth it

A brazilian rag doll
youtu.be/HCvXRjzAeXc

druid-dan.tumblr.com/image/145083107135

You made me do this

But I've wanted to anyway

So if anyone is interested or cares

I found all of the reused Misery assets in the episode "I'll Be Home for Misery" since I noticed alot of the misery relatives looked familiar.

Aiden, I can imagine you singing this in dedication to your banshee waifu.

youtube.com/watch?v=XZ4Ib-7fJqY

Best part is that banshees are a part of Scottish mythology as well as Irish, so it's not like it doesn't fit the idea of a song sung in her name.

Manly, I have an entire playlist on my ipod dedicated to Misery.

This song is going on that playlist.

Fist of the North Iris?!!!

>Iris would be best, except it's interspecies,

Cyclops aren't that different from humans - speciswise. Also, not all cyclopses are giants!

I'll practice your funeral dirge

IRIS AS AN ADULT IS JUST 100% BANG MATERIAL HOLY SHIT

ooh, actually, in scotland a banshee is a bean nighe, or a washer woman.
these differ from a bean sidhe
(dh and gh is silent btw, irishfag)

This is because
>bean nighe is seen washing bloodied clothes in a river
>don't generally scream but still give a premonition
>misery screams so she isn't a bean nighe
>bean nighe means washer woman and bean sidhe means supernatural woman
>misery is never seen washing anything

so yeah it'll only sliiiightly fit. but misery can't be scottish.

Neat!

But Iris IS an adult.

Everyone on the show is just draw in a chibi way because its cute.

Well I mean no one in Ruby Gloom HAS an age.

she doesn't really act like one
none of them do.
also it says on different sources that ruby is either 10 or 6 and they do childish things.
so they don't really....seem like that are at alll..

and skullboy IS called skullBOY

plus miserys relatives who are adults do have tits.
and the bg adult characters have tits.

but none living in the house.

If Misery doesn't have tits, then what are these?

o shit
that has to be about the ONLY time we've seen that in the whole show.

Also Skull Boy is pretty tall for a "boy" if he's about the same height, if not taller than some of these adult characters.

Thats actually Nurse Hitomi from Nurse Hitomi's Monsters Infirmary.

Its the closest thing, imho, in Japan to Ruby Gloom. Except a bit more seinen. Hitomi is kind of like a nice mix of Ruby & Iris - she's got Ruby's sensibilities, but is also a cyclops, like Iris.

maybe the town is just filled with midgets

counter argument

Migraine also has breasts, and judging from the rest of the Misery family all having the same proportions and body types, it's possible that Misery might also have some small boobage going on.

she probably has really small ones yeah.
she was described as a teen anyway and that's only really been the only official age ever
maybe the others are adults and just act like children.
i know misery isn't for sure though.

also her boobs are just not very visible at all except for like, that one instance so that obviously means that they're small
but also do we know how old migraine and those others are
we don't know if they're exactly the same age as eachother.

It's also worth mentioning that other canon children characters are usually depicted as being shorter than the rest of the cast

Mighty Fine, sorta maybe??? I've been curious about it too, because I really want to know if we will get RG merch ever again. and this is all I could come up with:
The original trademark was owned by Might Fine since 2002. It was cancelled in 2009. A new trademark was registered in 2012, and is currently active. However, recently Mighty Fine seems to be going through a re-branding, and their site is no longer up, it redirects to their new store WeLoveFine. We Love Fine doesn't seem to recognize or reference Ruby Gloom at all, even though its their main online store now. It seems unlikely that MF will sell Ruby Gloom merch ever again if things stay like this.
Nelvana also claims to own a trademark on Ruby Gloom (according to the website, I couldnt find any information on it.). I think Nelvana owns the TV show while MF owns the apparel rights. Nelvana does acknowledge that it owns Ruby, and Nelvana did try to revive RG around 2010 with the new website, but that was mostly marketing to sell it as an existing product instead of anything new.
So far, it doesn't look like there is going to be any initiative from Mighty Fine, We Love Fine, or Nelvana to do anything with RG. (At least Martin Hsu still likes Ruby)
However!
Now don't get your hopes up, but their is still a chance: Currently, the Nelvana Consumer Products team is still licensing Ruby Gloom. They offer their licensees services, like marketing and "creative and brand assurance services including key art creation, interactive tools, promotion and more." Basically, they are willing to work with distributors who come to them, if I'm understanding this correctly. nelvana.com/ConsumerProducts (RG is listed there.)
It's not much, but basically we have a small hope of them still marketing RG, which means possibly new content on the website, and maybe new interest in the brand, which could lead to Nelvana or MF actually doing something with it
I could be wrong about all this, what do i know

another one

You sir have just given this small little fan hope. (a small amount of hope is better than no hope at all)

Thanks for your contribution!

fyi, there is an unused character description in the coding of an older version of the RG website that calls Misery a "teen".
I still think the casts ages are purposefully ambiguous though. It's too inconsistent if you try to specify, like how some posts in this thread have evidence of older characters, while some of the official promotional material calls her a six year old, and maybe a 10 year old iirc. I mean, Misery was an old hag in gen 1!