Is the reason the world is so fucked up today purely due to education?

Is the reason the world is so fucked up today purely due to education?
In this day and age we're dependent on having numerous competent scientists, but even in New Zealand which everyone brown-noses as being perfect, here's what I have to put up with:

>half my second-trimester courses go through almost exactly the same content as half my first trimester courses
>only one lecturer doesn't consistently fail to explain things, so only one lecturer out of four that I learn anything from
>assignments don't correspond to the lectures, have to do independent study for literally every assignment question
>only one quiet room and one room with even remotely ergonomic chairs in the university, and they aren't the same room so focusing fully on study is impossible
>only university compatible part-time job is as a cashier and there are only a few scholarships for STEM subjects, and student loan can only be drawn at a rate that no matter where you live is slightly too low for university attendance

There's also more worldwide stuff too.
Since, due to university incompetence, I have to self-study almost everything, I've found that for any maths I have to look at several websites for everything I want to learn; because each website will have only a chunk of the necessary information and often they'll all be missing the same vital piece. Physics and computer science are still mostly fine though.
The more abstract any science gets, the worse and more hole-filled the teaching of it is. How are we supposed to push further in science if we can't even reliably get the next generation up to the current level of science?

I'm honestly wondering if science is really right for me if trying to further science only frays it more. Far more useful to the world would be a solid framework for documenting and teaching it, for one I think we need a formal naming system rather than naming phenomena and units after scientists.

education is too railroaded and paper based
not enough practical experiments or showcases
too much pure theory without demonstration of potential applications

>guy near me constantly jabbering with the gayest lisp I have ever heard, who until just now was wearing a shirt over his shirt with the sleeves dangling and his arms sticking out the bottom
wake me up

cant wake up
(You)

I'm fine with theory, just as long as the context of the theory isn't lost.
For example, demonstrating the mathematics of how light passes through diffraction grating.
We were shown that if the vectors of the waves in a phase diagram can be arranged into a polygon then that means the corresponding point on the screen will be dark as it means all waves add up to zero, but we weren't shown how those vectors come to be so the two or three lessons it took to teach that were for naught.

>we weren't shown how those vectors come to be so the two or three lessons it took to teach that were for naught.

Welcome to Mordor.

Education has become a means to an end; you go through school to get a good job. Education isn't an investment anymore, just a thing you tolerate because it will pay off in the long run. Except with the US economy(can't speak for the Euro or Leaf folks but I assume they're not doing great either) that often doesn't work out. And because lower education is so shit, it does nothing to set kids up for higher education. Not only are they under prepared for the courses, but they have no legitimate idea about anything except how to read, write, and do math kind of decently. Which is how you end up with liberal arts majors who didn't see their job at Starbucks with crippling student debt coming.

The system has failed our younger generations, and the best anybody has for them are lectures about how it's all 1000% their own fault because they didn't "work hard enough," given by geriatrics who could make a living banging two bricks together with the economy they grew up in.

>studying to be a teacher
>maths lecturer is actually fat shit bitch who admits that her half islander daughter is terribad at maths and she can't teach her
>half the content isn't covered in class because she goes on tangents about how its better to not teach and let children discover things themselves
>constantly fucking things up
>apparently brags to other lecturers about how good we are getting educated in maths

I believe though that if you can teach well enough, then it doesn't matter if early education brought you underprepared students.

Which university?

Even quantum physics can be explained intuitively.

Whoops I fucked up my message and put one reply in the middle of another.

Massey, palmy

Oh ya, the issue of students being underprepared for the coursework can be easily remedied by a competent teacher. But the lack of legitimate education, and resulting full blown retarded populace, is the bigger and more complicated problem. Kids learn facts instead of how to reason, and by the time they're in their twenties it's too late to fix most. And any attempts to rectify the damage cause by public schools is seen as "hurrr universities are liberal factories" because Mary Joe's kid outgrew the stupid shit she tried to teach him after being exposed to some critical thinking skills.

Nah, it's the disconnect between the production process the allocation of resources.

Mad niggas don't do shit but still gotta justify why they get to eat. So you end up with mo'fuckas talkin a bunch of bullshit just so they could get theirs.

I do have one possible solution.
Since my dad is moving to live on a trust-funded boat which was built for the purpose of marine education, which is easily large enough for both of us to live on, I can run a very cheap gap year by helping him with his approach to making the craft serve its intended purpose better.

The way the boat used to be run was to take 8 or so people on a trip about once a month.

The way he wants to run the boat is to do that for people who have proven they have enough marine education to go on the boat, but also partner with other boat owners to make a country-wide fleet of boats that serve the purpose of marine education and other nonsense.

And the way people prove their marine education is through online learning materials (which is how he was chosen to be the boat owner), that I end up using my knowledge of WebGL to bring to the current decade over my gap year.

Then, once he's settled into his boat after all that, we move onto broader online learning materials! Which are admittedly planned in much more depth than all the random marine stuff.

I just realised I explained nothing and rambled about boats.

It was one of those ramblings where the presence of mad fucks given about the subject is all the takeaway needed. You guys are trying to help, and actually give a shit. That's more then most folks have nowadays.

that's okay; I now understand boats better than I did before.

double dub dubs
hory shiet

But anyway, what I meant to say was that we want to make an educational framework which actually makes it clear what people need to know and can have learning material incorporated into it.
My interest is in the former aspect, his is in the latter aspect.

Would be very useful in tertiary education since it has the worst framework, but it'd be easiest to start with primary and secondary education. Maybe secondary would be best since it's complex enough to show flaws in the framework earily.

I think you would contribute a lot more to society by forgetting about any scientific dreams and having children and a well-paid job instead.

No point in having scientific advancement with no one capable of making use of it.

There's no longer any guidance.

Why else is it that you, at a moment's notice, run to your computer and melt away in front of Sup Forums? Because it's an escape. Because you know that you'll be in communication with someone else in your exact situation.

This is life now, and things don't appear to be turning around.

Well what are YOU doing about it?