God-tier series finales

God-tier series finales

All three (or 4, depending if you count Overclockwise as a finale) of the Futurama finales were top notch. Even Into the Wild Green Yonder, which sucked as a movie, had an incredible last 10 minutes.

Actually cannot think of any Sup Forums examples so here.

Idk, the "lets go around again" bit was cute but I mean I remember ever word from The Devils Hands are Idle Playthings. That last scene is amazing. That final line is just perfect

Cartoons don't usually write themselves like that. They keep everything open ended until the very end in hopes they can get a new season.

>inb4 bait

True. I'd rank them as

1. Into the Wild Green Yonder ('cuz I love the open-ended-yet-not-back-to-normal nature of going through a black hole with the main cast admitting their true love for each other
2. The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings (cause it's sweet and funny and you're right, that last line is absolute perfection)
3. Meanwhile (clever, funny episode with good character closure that and a warm final moment)
4. Overclockwise (decent episode with really sweet final 10 seconds)

So, they're not all equally good, but they're all excellent finales IMO

>delete all your memories
>remember everything a few minutes later anyway

I might get shit for this, but Avengers EMH actually ended better than Id hoped. Sure the second season dropped in quality due to corporate sabotage, but I like how everyone came together in the end and actually gave us a sendoff

>sticking to the statues quo but instead he remembers everything at last minute

HACK

Devil's Hands > Overclockwise > Meanwhile > Wild Green Yonder

ATLA had a pretty spectacular finale, even in spite of the whole deus ex machina controversy

... Korra's wasn't terrible, but it wasn't god-tier either.

Whenever The Simpsons ends, the finale will be god tier just out of "FINALLY!" It could be the worst thing ever and people will just be satisfied that it can't get any worse.

>That cringworthy "epic" shack fight scene

not sure if this counts as a series finale since an episode aired a week later but oh well, it was still fantastic.

I really liked how in ATLA Aang managed to convince the spirits (the lion turtle), which are usually so distant and stoic towards humanity in the rest of the show, to listen to the pleas of a crying child that didn't want to serve as executioner, thus fulfilling his duty as the Avatar, but bringing the spirits closer to humanity, rather than humanity closer to the spirits.

Something that not even the previous Air Avatar managed to do.

It could've been better implemented, but it was still pretty great, I thought.

Ideally the final episode was written years ago and they're just waiting to use the last original script.

I'd like it to end with a "and the show goes on" ending, no bullshit drama or trying for a "serious" ending or for "closure". Just have a regular episode, end it with a joke and the have the lives of the Simpsons go on like it has in the last 20something years.

If they wanted to be really up their own asses they could write the final episode to have the plot beats of the first episode, but in reverse.

I actually liked this better as a series finale than the actual one.

The actual one are more fitting with the show's tone, though.

CW's The Flash season 1 finale was pretty god-tier. I watched it every day for the following 6 days after it aired.

>Wellsobard talking to Team Flash as Wellsobard
>Rip Hunter namedrop and Jay Garrick helmetdrop
>Barry gets to say goodby to his mother
>Eddie dies for our sins
>Wellsobard's, "Cisco - help me!" as he's being erased from existance

Only two parts that sucked were Caitlin's "What's a singularity?" and Cisco jobbing to Ronnie when they start building Wellsobard's Time Sphere.

> Never stop being a kid, even when you're all grown up and don't remember anything about the Kids Next Door!

Feels were had, anons.

The christmas one or some enchanted evening?

Replying to my own post, but fuck it, posting this pic

I wasn't ready.
Adorable.

Honestly a straight 10/10 team.

This.

They could've had him only pretend to lose his memory so he could run away from the law or some shit.

overclock was cool because they played the pilot episode right after it

but then all i could think was they were endlessly trapped in that loop forever