Will Robbie Reyes fade away or will his popularity spike up again? I wish there was more of him. Also Ghost Rider Thread

Will Robbie Reyes fade away or will his popularity spike up again? I wish there was more of him. Also Ghost Rider Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.com/help/category/17/topic/28
marvel.com/help/category/17/topic/32
marvel.com/corporate/contact
youtube.com/watch?v=7TWGNQm8I0g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hopefully he'll stay a cult favorite and will make an appearance in a team book or someone will take another crack at him down the road.

Worst case scenario he gets the Pat Mulligan treatment and gets murdered off-panel.

His book was pretty great initially, then it got worse with Tradd Moore leaving and looming cancelation. Not shit-tier bad, but certainly worse.

That's fair. I mean he's actually a cool character, certainly one of the better recent additions. Marvel probably didn't see the projected response sadly. Maybe more Kamala team ups can save him

Hopefully he'll be the choice they'll fall back on when they inevitably want to "diversify" Ghost Rider in MCU instead of that bitch Alejandra.

Hopefully the next Ghost Rider book has a motorcycle.

I heard his origin is different from classic Ghost Rider. What's his deal?

Actually that'd be pretty cool. Hopefully Marvel feels comfortable doing him after Dr Strange. Though preferably as a movie instead of a Netflix show

He's not possessed by the Spirit of Vengeance but instead the spirit of his dead Satanist uncle who Johnny Blaze is after

It's not a spirit of vengeance, it's a devil-worshipping murder ghost.

Their dynamic is amusing. Robbie's a good boy.

>spirit of his dead Satanist uncle
But he's still good?

Hes lost control before, but now Robbie is permanently linked with him and had to make a deal: His uncle finds the most vile souls on the planet, and Robbie has to sedate his bloodlust by murdering them

>Not liking the car
Im surprised Mad Max fags arent rushing to him

He'll be the the Ghost Rider the MCU uses.
I'll bet he was only even created so that they could experiment with the Ghost Rider helmet concept, for Netflix cost-effectiveness.

>Hopefully he'll be the choice they'll fall back on when they inevitably want to "diversify" Ghost Rider in MCU instead of that bitch Alejandra.
I feel like Alejandra never really got a fair shot. I'd like to see her as the POV character or something in a Ghost Riders team book, so that someone can have a decent go at making into a character people might like.

Its not a bad look honestly. The Ghost Riders have always been sort of simplistic so I like what they did with Robbie. But I dont know if Netflix could do a series justice given the budget

I don't understand why purple like him. He's not bad... but he's not interesting either. He just kind of exists, but that's a problem in and of itself because the origin of his powers throws is very special snowflake-ish. He looks like and has most of the powers of a SoV, but it's actually his satanic uncle? After all the trouble the last GROUP run went through of ironing out the details and origins of the various Ghost Riders Robbie is very frustrating to me.

*people

*GR

Damn autocorrect.

How are his powers "special snowflake" exactly? Im just happy hes not magically better than Johnny or pushed as some sort of superior version. Perhaps it would have better to delve into what his uncle was playing with and how his soul is so potent

I want to see a comic where it's Robbie and Johnny, and Johnny is kind of mentoring this kid and there to beat him down if he ever goes out of control.

People just needed a genuine good guy after far too many dark, tormented souls and assholes in Marvel.
Also simple social interaction between normal people is astonishingly rare in this universe in permanent crisis.
Robbie simply happened to have that.
Nothing complicated to this.

>Super nice guy
>Looks after his disabled brother
>Has the worst bad side imaginable
Im surprised Robbie doesnt have a devoted fangirl following

Personally, I want Dan Ketch/Noble Kale to make a comeback. Considering how big he was in the 90s, I'm shocked that he doesn't get brought up as much as Johnny Blaze.

For the MCU, I would prefer either Johnny Blaze or Danny Ketch. I like the more biker, heavy metal style that they brought. With that being said, it would be cool if Robbie Reyes does show up. Perhaps Blaze/Ketch ends up running into him and they have to team up to take down a bigger threat.

He did on tumblr until the run ended. People shipped him with Kamala even.

I was not about the car at first but man did I come to love it quick

Me. I want a series of Netflix supernatural mcu shows. Starting off with blade. Then ghost rider (Robbie Reyes). Then an Elsa bloodstone series with a major guest character of the mysterious Johnny blaze a former ghost rider with a hellfirre shotgun.
Then the team up is 'rise of the midnight sons' with them joining forces to take on lillith and her children and blackout.

I'd prefer a GR that can possess any vehicle he wants.

I like mentor Johnny, but can netflix really pull off Ghost Rider? I feel like they'd find every excuse for Robbie not to transform

That Ghost Racers book was pretty much the only one that I liked out of that event.

Ok writing, but absolutely off the chain on the designs.

I've been meaning write a letter to Marvel about Robbie, but I couldn't be bothered to find an address/e-mail

Here's a start user
marvel.com/help/category/17/topic/28
marvel.com/help/category/17/topic/32
marvel.com/corporate/contact

>special snowflake-ish.
Oh no, not a superhero who gains powers through unique and fantastical circumstances. That's so special snowflake tumblr cloud storage latte macchiato buzzword.

But... Isn't Kamala like, 10 years younger? nice...

I knew there was a reason I saved this pic

Isnt Robbie a high school senior? I forget what Kamala is

I'm gonna assume it's the first link under Heroes. Thanks user

He's still in highschool

Compared to the other Ghost Riders who are possessed by Spirits of Vengeance, yeah.

So why aren't you mad about Alejandra then.

Heres a colored version
How is he a special snowflake again?

His initial run was great and had a definitive ending.

Ghost Racers was a nice encore performance.

Do we really want anything more than that? It just be terrible and probably used to make some kind of hamfisted thing about social justice or something.

How?

Holy fucking shit, I remember requesting that coloring job the thread after the line work was done, and was shot down damn quick. Super happy to see it colored. That's bad fucking ass man.

There is something that I want actually...

I like it

Because Alejandra was obviously awful.

maybe a crossover with past Ghost Riders. Can be cool.

While you may be right, I'd just hate to see the character be neglected I guess. Dr Strange team up?

Knowing Marvel now they probably would use him for political reasons. I would enjoy seeing Robbie on his cross country mission and hopefully reunited with Gabe

I'd read the shit out of this

Sometimes dead is better.

Sometimes

I honestly adore the concept of every different ghost rider getting their own vehicle. Trucker ghost rider when?

THAT'S WHY GHOST RACERS WAS THE MOST BALLER SHIT EVER.

Didn't we have a girl rider?

The fuck happen to her?

She was in Ghost Racers too.

Anyone have the rule 63 of Robbie? The one with several different versions of her GR design?

>T-Rex rider
ongoing when?

The T-Rex is the most tame bit about that Racer.
>Robot arms
>rocket knuckles
>surfing a fucking jet
God I loved Ghost Racers

Idea of MCU Ghost Rider movie
>Robbie Reyes is the main character
>Johnny was the Rider before him, powers are fading, mentors Robbie
>Mephisto has been collecting Riders for centuries, will bring about the end of days once he has enough
>Robbie fights Riders from across the ages in a Mad Max style confrontation

>Ghost Rider and Kamen Rider debut around the same time (1971-1972)
>Involve Motorcycle-Riding heroes using Evil powers for Good
>2014 versions both use a car instead of a motorcycle
What are the odds?

>evil powers for good

I know that's generally the thing that Kamen Rider deals with, but that's not really the case with Drive. The technology itself is pretty neutral, it's more a case of Banno being a giant cock and using it to take over the world.

Drive has more in common with Megaman than it does Ghost Rider

Well, yeah, but I was reaching for a comparison because, you know, cars.

I never read Ghost Racers, does it hold up and does it end good?

>Does it end good
Very

It's pretty fun.

The ending is very satisfying, yes

Gabe riding shotgun warms my cold dead heart every time.

but didnt he have to kill bad guys to feed his uncle spirit? i dont tink that is a definitive ending

>Robbie Reyes
>popularity
Good one m8

>Kill bad guys
>Don't get possesed by a lunatic
seems alright

>Maybe more Kamala team ups can save him
He's literally in LA.

I mean he IS a Ghost Rider, but that's a 40 hour drive.

You could possibly have a brief Punisher team up where Robbie and has a moral conflict about what he has to do.

Blade's never coming out is it? Not that I care beyond the fact it's never coming out which is just really funny.

>Nic Cage still plays Blaze

>still reading Bleach

>His uncle finds the most vile souls on the planet, and Robbie has to sedate his bloodlust by murdering them
Dexter, then

It was either that, or his brother becoming a possessed handicapped monster

He was a flaming werewolf with crutches for arms.

That was pretty sweet.

Ask Chris Powell.

Jeez I must really be in the minority here because I didn't like it.

Hey, fuck you too man, Darkhawk was one of the few redeemable things about 90's Marvel at the time.

And Danny would be one of the henchman. Johnny's first trainee who fell.

Bonus running gag. Punisher keeps killing the guys before Robbie can get to them to feed the demon.

It's a shame that most of what popularity he enjoys now is from him being shipped with Kamala. Not everybody has to be shipped, you know.

I usually hate shipping but Robbie and Kamala is just too cute

Five issues of disappointment when this didn't make an appearance.

What issue was this again? It looks cute

Is this from the circle storyline?

Secret Wars: Secret Love

Secret Wars Secret Love

It doesn't end in a way that made anyone happy

Yeah, Circle of Four. Really underrated crossover.

I'll say. I'm a huge GR fan and haven't read it (or, at least, don't remember reading it).

Should I read the individual titles that cross over before reading the cross-over itself?

Red Hulk was great post-Loeb and Agent Venom is arguably the best take on the symbionte, so i'd say yes.

So you basically want danny ketch 2.0

I have know clue why Sup Forums loves such a mediocre character

Because skeletons that are on fire who ride/drive things are cool.
Try harder.

do you even Eurobeat?

>Eurobeat

I prefer synthwave

youtube.com/watch?v=7TWGNQm8I0g

don't make me bust out the electro swing, I swear to god