youtube.com/watch?v=0z_EjvdnDZE
youtu.be/92WrNGoOgiE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I watch this show everytime I feel depressed
Nothing tops it

is his new show not good?

Vice Principals? It's not bad but it is really dark humor

you're a big boy, from now on you gotta clean up your own fixxxins

I hate to say this but Walt Goggins ruined that show for me. It's not him, he's great, but I hate his character so much, it was hard for me to watch.

I suppose that was partly the point though. I should give it another shot.

McBride really was on something special here. Kenny is the most deplorable self absorbed manipulative piece of shit on this planet and he's near impossible not to love.

Vice Principals is funny too, but not quite as good

>First name Ivan
>Last name DOCHENKO
>..Asian dude?

Rip Shane dog

The scene where Shane Dog dies and then Walk like an Egyptian plays is fucking kino.

This series had an amazing soundtrack.

It's miles better than Kenny Powers that's for sure

that is an awesome scene. Season 3 was the best one

It's good, but it's not as deliberately over the top as EBD.

When he later looks at coke and throw it in the trash "I know Shane.." then crush adderall instead

Cant really think of a better comedy series or original comedy character

watching the seasons multiple times gives you an appreciation for just how fucking good the soundtrack and kenny's narrations are

I prefer VP to Eastbound and Down.
They're both great shows though.
The blonde teacher in that show has the most ridiculous ass I've ever seen.

>SnodgrASS

Vice Principals is better. Critics hated it because it's a darker and meaner show about two privileged white men conspiring to ruin a hardworking black woman's life.

I FEEL LIKE I'M IN A FUCKING CAMERON CROWE MOVIE!!

This fucking scene....

youtube.com/watch?v=orBAelUvryI

I have no idea why but stevie saying fiiiiiiiiiiixxins is one of the funniest things ever

youtube.com/watch?v=zTiEQB67HOs

I love how Kenny just threw in, "He jerked off". LOL.

>American Humor

Did not even smirk.

Gr8 B8 m8, go laugh at the vicker or whatever backwoods brit crap you think is superior.

Janowski was a funny character.

youtube.com/watch?v=f_VHtJbdWNQ

Fuck it spoilers if you haven't seen it, here's the scene

youtube.com/watch?v=qedoXw9Lxuo

it's alot better with the credits because it was a pure holy shit moment at the time it aired. it really is kino if you haven't seen it.

also , the opening of the next episode, with kenny cleaning up the scene is also kino

It's mean spirited

so? are you a little girl?

Didn't mean it in a bad way

The most alpha TV show of all time.

I love it. Never fails to make me laugh.

any /fiiiiiiiiixinnnnns/ ITT?

Could they ever make Eastbound today without critics writing a million think pieces about how evil it is? I know it only ended in 2013 but look how they tore Vice Principals apart and I don't think Vice Prinicipals got nearly as offensive as Eastbound

might just be looked back at as the last hurrah of a different era. before internet activism ruined everything.

>YOU ARE ALL MY CHINKS!!

>Kenny's after school program...

Warning: real street talk

youtube.com/watch?v=1cXKZL9euJQ

>I know what you guys are thinking "WHO THE HELL DIS CRAKA THINK HE IS WALKIN IN HERE DIS HONKEY MOTHERFUCKER"

Stevie's chin arc was the best
youtube.com/watch?v=eS9b2dkEg9c
youtube.com/watch?v=ikVsz94zBcs

pic unrelated

Ashley Schaeffer best character

youtube.com/watch?v=1JPmwoE-Qy8

Fucking George Washington didn't do shit, he can suck my dick I fucking hate that faggot.

What shit scenes.

>back off
>creatures
>lesser thans

Will Ferrell needs to get back to playing ridiculous characters instead of shit movies with Kevin Hart

This thread is comfy

Does the show improve after the Mexican season? I'm struggling to get through it

season 3 is kino

I remember a critic mentioned during Eastbound's final season that he was shocked the series wasn't more controversial during its run but I suppose that's one of the benefits of cult comedies flying under the radar on HBO

>ASHLEY SCHAEFFER BWM!

Don't we all....

youtube.com/watch?v=JqETyU9k0lM

>Scott, pull your penis out and put it inside that infant

youtu.be/47ybMSzCjpU

I think the Mexico stuff is the worst. It definitely improves. That last episodes of season 2 are much better than the first half. Season 3 is great. Season 4 is pretty good too.

i can watch this on repeat forever

>don't be raciss

>how do you say black in Spanish ?
>negro
>you said that not me...

watch Brockmire

But I love to racism!

Nothing makes me autistically screech more than when someone calls a show by the main characters name

4 Mexican kids is equal to 2 white kids....

youtube.com/watch?v=0z_EjvdnDZE

I can't believe how blatantly Brockmire rips off Eastbound, even down to the tone.

The fact Hank Azaria is in these makes me gonna check it out

wat

-dark comedy
-protagonist that is an asshole who loves drugs, sluts, etc.
-romantic subplot with main female character resulting in cliffhanger
-Redemption story for an asshole set in the world of baseball and sports celebrity.

8/10 b8

Kenny Powers is the most alpha character in the history of television.

the first episode is one of the funniest things i've ever seen

1>3>4>2

I think McBride and Hill stole the idea for Eastbound and Down from the Trailer Park Boys anyway.

The only difference between Ricky and Kenny is the fact that Kenny was once actually worth a shit as a baseball player.

They're both classics, regardless.

>"What's his name, fucking Shrek"

GOAT one liner

Trailer Park Boys can't make another funny show/movie for shit. McBride and Hill have given us Foot Fist Way, Eastbound, Vice Principals, and Observe and Report

youtu.be/92WrNGoOgiE

gets me evertime

Trailer Park Boys aesthetic is garbage. Jody Hill can actually direct.

Did Jody Hill or Danny McBride ever comment on what happened to Ben Best? They've always redirected the topic when it comes up in interviews and I get the impression they had a bad falling out.

True, but you can't take away their accomplishments from the original run of TPB.

That's part of what made it so good.

Not that guy but I'm Canadian and I can confirm. I love TPB but the boys have no talent outside of that. McBride steals the show in everything he is in. Period.

Sure there is some influence, but to say McBride ripped off TPB straight up is a misnomer. There is lots of comedy from the mid 2000's that Eastbound draws from. Shaky cam, raunchy drug related jokes. Alot of comedies were doing that in that late two thousands. An underated time in comedy.

I'm guessing he had a drug problem.

Also if you really want to see a TPB ripoff watch the first season of Black Jesus. Mike Clattenburg basically wrote and directed it, and it's basically TPB in the ghetto.

Hill and McBride said their main influence was the British Office and the 70s era of cinema where protagonists could be shitty irredeemable people.

What are some good stuff to watch if I love Eastbound and down and Danny McBride in general?
Already watched vice principals and tpb

For sure, like i said , I'm Canadian, I love TPB, but the shaky cam mockumentary style was not innovated by them. Yeah, they were part of the boom of that genre, but they didn't invent it. I love TPB, but i am realistic about its place in history. One of the finest examples of the genre, but not that creator.

The Foot Fist Way

Watched it too it was great

Watch This Is The End. Right now. He steals the fucking show AGAIN and on top of that it's a legit funny movie. It's full of "meme actors" but they are legit taking the piss out of each other the entire movie, and again Danny steals the show.

Okay, then you get a microdose of Danny in Hot Rod. Or if you can deal with DUDE WEED LMAO he's great in Pineapple Express.

He is the only reason to watch this movie desu
Pineapple express is one of my comfy movie, reminds me of good time

I liked Pineapple Express well enough, but this board tends to poo poo it.

Great show I'm from Myrtle Beach I almost shit myself when they announced they were filming Season 3 here. Funny it's black bike week now, which is when they filmed part of Season 3. Wish I would have gone out to be an extra

I used to live in SC, and when I saw the Cheerwine truck I was mindfucked for a moment

wait

black bike week is real?

is he retarded or something

Oh yah. We in it right now. It's called Memorial Day bike week, but we had Harley Week a few weeks ago it's basically White Bike Week, and now it's Black Bike week. It's really just an excuse for black people to turn up in large and act aggressive and annoying. Everyone here hates it, and we're basically under police siege now because the years around the time that Eastbound&Down was filmed the black bike week was especially bad, and now they've adjusted the police presence.
The show did a good job at capturing that cozy southern vibe, especially Season 1. Could definitely tell it was in NC

He's boozin', druggin', whore fuckin' redneck. So yes. Some circles of people may qualify that as being retarded.

The longer I spend in shit places like Chicago and NY State, the more I miss the south.

I couldn't imagine living in either of those places user. Everyone is so shitty

DESU, even the big bubba down south who wants to kick your ass will give you an out. In the northern ghettos, most people seem to be passive aggressively trying to provoke you into hitting them. Obnoxious af

Plus, sweet tea is good. Sweet potato pie is good. Carolina style BBQ is good.

I'm a S. Carolinian and I like vinegar better than mustard. Some counties I'd probably be hung

You're 100% correct about the passive aggressiveness.Speaking as a northerner living on the coast, I would also add that people here are racist as fuck, but in a covert way. They act nice to your face, are overly polite/politically correct, but they're full of shit.

Great. Walton Goggins is hilarious

Meh, the sauce is only a small part of BBQ.

>I WILL DIG UP ALL YOUR FUCKING KIMCHI!

Eastbound and Vice Principals are both excellent.

they're not the same at all

ricky is meant to be a complete non functioning dumbass

kenny powers is just an asshole

kek

That's right. ALL week long.