Does anyone else feel like the quality of mainstream television content has drastically declined in the last decade or...

Does anyone else feel like the quality of mainstream television content has drastically declined in the last decade or so? What went wrong?

Pic related.

no

>it's literally called the golden age of television
what did he mean by this

i haven't watched TV in years. the shit they put out doesn't justify the amount of ads you have to watch. netflix and pirating all day.

I actually think the quality of TV shows has drastically improved, whereas movies have literally gone to shit.

It really does seem like for some shows the commercial breaks are actually longer than the amount of time the show is on between breaks. Like 3 minutes of show content and then over 3 minutes of commercials. If not for DVR, TV would be basically unwatchable at this point.

It's all shit now. There's so much good shit from back in the day to watch that it's pointless to waste your time on garbage being produced now.

Television has always been a shit medium, most of the shows in the 1940s and 50s were literally produced by large corporations to sell and promote their own products.

Quite the opposite actually

You're fucking aware that if TV wasn't this kind of comedy, it was just thirty minutes longer and a soap opera, right?

The most popular show ever, Game of Thrones, beg to differ. It's literally the most schlockiest piece of shit at this point it's baffling why people are still watching it

Game of Thrones was once decent. I don't think it's fair to sum up the state of TV right now by a cross-demographically-popular show in its 7th season.

No

:-)

We need a new Married with Children

there is no such thing as mainstream television content.

>>it's literally called the golden age of television
you're 15 years late kid

>Everything was better when I was a kid

Every time

'The Sopranos' killed television. And that's a good thing.
>mfw Sopranos ended a decade ago

Golden Age Fallacy. You only really remember the best of the past, and thus your recollection of it makes it look alot better than it is in comparison to your most recent memories

this