MCU Fighting Game

Suppose Marvel were to make a fighting game based on their Cinematic Universe.

How would you like to see it done and what would the roster of playable characters be? I limited this one to just movies since I haven't watched any of the shows.

>Heroes:
Iron Man
Hulk
Captain America
Thor
Hulk
Black Widow
Hawkeye
War Machine
Falcon
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Vision
Ant Man
Black Panther
Winter Soldier
Sif
Star Lord
Gamora
Drax
Groot/Rocket (As one character)
Spider-Man
Hulkbuster (just for fun)

>Villains:
Abomination
Whiplash
Loki
Destroyer
Red Skull
Ronan
Nebula
Kurse
Ultron
Cross-Bones
Thanos

>How would you like to see it done
Budokai Tenkaichi style. Always Budokai Tenkaichi style.
2D a shit.

Also there's a decided chance you're cramming in way too many characters. You start off basic then get gradually more obscure in sequels. Rhodey, Falcon, Quickslav and Sif should be cut. Maybe a Guardian or two as well.

let capcom make it

>Tenkaichi style

>Tenkaichi style
Fuck no. Power Stone style. Rise of the Imperfects had the right idea but terrible execution.
The game needs to be balanced around Captain America as the even stat character.

I would start with a Simple Classic Avengers Roster with franchise updates.

Yeah. Tenkaichi is shit. I posted the wrong gif.

>power stone
I can't believe I forgot about this! We used to play the hell out of this game back in the day

I imagine Scarlet Witch having a fighting style similar to the Korra in that TLOK game.

Yeah, a Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm, Power Stone or Korra styled fighter would be great for a Marvel fighter.

That looks fun as fuck but how the fuck is that guy still alive?

It's just a practice target, he's invincible.

Damn I might have to pick this up. Kind of wish someone made a full fledged AAA Avatar game now.

It's just your classic Platinum game.
It's not too long, but there's a lot of replayability.

Otome game or nothing.

I've said it several times and will say it again
4-player (or more) action or nothing
3D movement, try to give every character something special like Injustice did (Ex: Hawkeye can aim a character that is really far away and others normally couldn't, Vision can become temporarily impossible to hit, Hulk can get stronger by getting heavily damaged, Loki can teleport out of otherwise unavoidable combos, etc)
Include beat-em-up mode like Anarchy Reigns or something like that, maybe even with co-op
There, done, go make it Disney

Unrelated but if you like Contest of Champions or Future Fight, you are what is wrong with gaming.

>Unrelated but if you like Contest of Champions or Future Fight, you are what is wrong with gaming.
CoC I can get it, but FF is actually kinda good for what it is

I'd like 3 person fighters to return

>mfw i still play MAA
S-Sorry...

Make Stan Lee a secret unlockable character

>Not an unlockable announcer

Fuck you, now I wanna hear Stan Lee shouting "Ready? FIGHT!"

Throw in some weirdness with a Howard the Duck, She-Hulk and Deadpool villain like DOCTOR BONG (Sonic Control, Armor/Mace Melee, Realty Alteration via Journalism)

Hero: HOWARD (Quack-Fu). Also CLOAK AND DAGGER fighting as a single character (Light/Dark weapons, martial arts, teleport/portals). Aren't they getting a TV show anyway?

"Alright true believers get ready and choose your character"

Just get Capcom to make a sequel to Marvel Super Heroes War of the Gems

Speaking of Marvel games, there's a Spider-Man game coming at Sony's E3 conference.

>I limited this one to just movies since I haven't watched any of the shows.

Bah, we need DD, Elektra, Luke, Iron Fist, Jessica and Punisher. Kingpin and Nuke could work as villains but Purple Man may be hard to do in a fighting game.

Did a reliable source ever pop up? Because all I remember is some no name website starting it and then everyone else reporting it with that no name website as a source.

Third person behind the back fighter. I don't play fighting games a lot so I don't know exactly how to describe my game and how it works but it would kind of be like a Platinum game with anti-air moves to fuck with jump spammers.

Roster would be:
Iron Man
Hulk
Cap
Thor
Widow
Hawkeye
Scarlet Witch
Vision
Black Panther
Winter Soldier
Ant-Man
Star Lord
Gamora
Spider-Man
Loki
Nebula
Ultron
Destroyer
Yellowjacket

Support characters:
Whiplash
Quicksilver
Groot/Rocket
Sif
Falcon
War Machine
Ronan
Malekith/Kurse
Agent Carter
Fury/Coulson/Hill/SHIELD in general
Wasp

Secret characters/DLC:
Daredevil
Quake
Drax
Doctor Strange
Red Skull

Character selection screen would be Zola.

Smash Bros style.
Your list is a little ambitious don't ya think? Cant just have every character dawg we want this to actually have depth. Limiting it to 10 characters I'd like to see:

Iron Man
Captain America
Thor
Hulk
Dr Strange

Wasp
Yondo
Scarlet Witch
Star Lord
Thanos

If we get 20 characters I'd add

Ant-Man
Loki
Groot
Gamorra

Hawkeye
Falcon
Daredevil
Ultron
And Black Widow I guess?

>He doesn't main Ryu in the MCU fighting game

he said fighting game, user.

It's not "Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems". It's just "Marvel Super Heroes". "War of the Gems" is an entirely different game and genre.

I haven't kept up with Dragonball stuff since those games came out so you're gonna have to fill me in on this meme senpai

Hey, Future Fight is as fun as Dynasty Warriors. Stupid and Repetetive, but has a Ton of content to mindlessly grind for. Netmarble did good with this one.

>playing the white bread character
muh fundamentals

I'm glad someone mentioned Rise of the Imperfects, I'd play more of that.

If I did it, the characters would be divided up into classes based on their cannon powers/abilities so we can avoid shitty handwavium that allows black widow to fight thor 1v1

only exception would be 2v1 team fights for characters only 1 class lower, this way you could do stuff like Cap and Ironman Vs a heavy hitter.

higher class fighers would hit harder, have higher health, etc. etc.

low class fights would be fast and brutal, because they have low HP and tend to knock each other out rather quickly. high class character fights should feel more like titanic battles.

Too much characters for a new fighting game, too much heroes, too few villains.

The number of heroes and villains would be even, there would be a lot of filler villains to even the numbers but lot of the heroes wouldn't be there.

Also, it would be a fighting game based on a franchise you could expect important characters not included because reasons but you would have lot of characters that aren't even in the movies cause their license is cheap

op said Fighting Game.

But for a beat-em-up, just update this with new tech, graphics, mechanics, etc.

Instead of PERFECT! He says EXCELSIOR!

>anti-air moves to fuck with jump spammers

Back in my day, we called those Shoryukens and Flash Kicks.

Smash Bros/Playstation All-Stars style would be cool

Set it up like Guilty Gear.

Also how would you all feel about a all female fighter?

Dude got destroyed.

I want a 3rd-person tactical arena fighter in the Fox Engine. Exact same controls as MGSV with a jump button added some how.

Players que up as their selected villain or hero and depending on the character and stage there are different objectives to accomplish such as defend the president, defeat the destroyer, steal the Infinity Gem, etc.

Doctor Doom and Ultron utilize the Tactical Minion System which lets them zoom out and use RTS controls to command a horde of minions. If Doom dies he immediately switches to one of the identical minions. (It was a Doombot all along!) Ultron can switch at will.

Heroes can co-op with friends or randoms when facing an opponent using a Minion class.

Somehow I want Loki to be able to offer enemies a chance to turn to his side by offering them expensive in-game items for helping him win the match. It'll be in voice chat and he'll turn on friendly fire.

>MAA is the only current Marvel game that still didn't commit sudoku

Arc System Works or don't bother. Something balls crazy like the Persona Arena games.

Marvel Super Heroes 2 dammit. They could even rehash the Infinity War theming.

Or alternatively,any niggas here play Anarchy Reigns? That shit was broken, but hella fun online. I'd pay tops for a sequel.

I'm still hooked on Marvel Puzzle Quest.

>MCU fighting game
Why though? Why not just straight up Marvel? All the coolest characters are either X-Men or not in the MCU yet.

You could have Purple man mind control regular people to fight for him and protect him. He himself would be really weak though

>why does op want a game based on the movies rather than the comics?

Think about that for a second. Remember we're sharing this board now.

I think it'd be cool to have the Guardians as a single character, like Captain Commando in the MvC games. But instead of just having Starlord, be able to switch between fighting styles.

Starlord could be a balanced type, Drax could be close combat, Gamora speed/air type, and Rocket/Groot projectile type.

I'd just like their super movie to be all of them coming together as a team for one big attack.

That's kinda why I mentioned Anarchy Reigns, it's a beat-em-up, but also a multiplayer 3D fighting game
I love the Captain America and The Avengers game, that's why I mentioned adding a beat-em-up mode, even if that's not the main game, think something like the case of Tekken
>Also how would you all feel about a all female fighter?
But why?

Fuck fighting games. Make a Marvel hero shooter like Overwatch and the like. I mean, there was that cancelled Avengers FPS game, maybe build from that?

I dunno, I always thought that idea to be kinda silly, I mean, what would Hulk or Quicksilver even shoot?
Would Ant-Man shoot ants?

Hulk could be straight melee, have super and long jumps for mobility, shit like that.

Ant Man would be about micromanaging different ant types, and switching between sizes to traverse maps.

Disney infinity?

Its just no fun and lifeless without the xMen
F4 would be interesting to see in a fighting game

Buttons for the game would be something like punch, kick, evasive and since they make a bunch of quips in the MCU, taunts(pretty much SNK's ABCD format). Taunts on their own work like 3rd strike taunts, so shit like buffs or unique attacks/abilities(for example, Spider-man's taunt is his spider-sense, on physical attacks it acts like a counter and on projectiles he can dodge fireballs or swing missiles back) . Hitting P+K does a heavy attack, which causes huge damage but can leave you open to attacks (think SamSho's hard slash). Finally, some kind of "max mode" where characters can cancel into everything for a limited time, along with special attributes ( Iron Man can hover for an extended time or something).

Zemo would be the final boss
on special conditions, in the second round of the boss, either Wolverine or Doom comes in as a secret boss.

That would be a cool style for a fightan supes game.

> Wanda doing that kind of shit in Infinity War would make me cum.

>and since they make a bunch of quips in the MCU, taunts(pretty much SNK's ABCD format)

Sup Forums should make a fighter or a beat em up.

Same here. Pissed that the recruit tokens keep giving me Daken and Widow.

Stages:
Stark Tower
Avengers HQ
Wakanda
Sokovia
Xandar
Asgard
Hydra HQ
Queens
Sanctuary
Knowhere

Add Pym Industries, SHIELD Helcarrier, any of the Nine Realms, maybe a secret SHIELD base and it'd be cool to have a stage on a room like the underground Zola computer

>He also narrates the story mode
I can see this happening

bump

Well, just fucking great, Sup Forums. Now I really want this.