Pretty good movie, but WHERE DID THE LAST ALIEN COME FROM?!

Pretty good movie, but WHERE DID THE LAST ALIEN COME FROM?!

HOW DID WALTER COME BACK TO LIFE?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BNrCiyO8b1I
screenrant.com/alien-covenant-box-office-drop-80-percent/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>WHERE DID THE LAST ALIEN COME FROM?!
The best I can guess is that the facehugger implanted the old faggot in the 1.25 seconds that it was on his face???

Either that or David put some shit on the bandage that he put on the acid burn on his cheek.

How did that bitch not realize he was David when she saw his hand was back

It wasn't, he cut it off

because his hand wasnt there.
David ripped off his own hand to mimic Walter

His hand wasn't back. In fact, the movie actually draws attention to the fact that his hand is missing in such a hilarious way, that it was clear they were slapping the audience in the face with a red herring.

It was clear that he just cut his hand off something after killing Walter.

Walter is a newer model so I guess he can reroute his power supply
I hope he returns for the next film somehow but that's like impossible

My gf also said it came from the burned face guy. I must have blinked at that part.

Walter's accent infuriated me

I thought he was doing a Bishop

More importantly, what was the point of bringing him back to life just to kill him right back off offscreen? They couldn't resist showing them fight, but they couldn't resist pulling that twist on the audience even more.

If there wasn't a british and non british Fassbender, we wouldn't be able to tell which one's evil.

I don't think the big question for the audience is whether it's Walter or David.

The question is whether David somehow kills Walter, or if Walter realized that David is right, and is willingly helping him.

For all we know, Walter is still alive, and chilling on the planet.

>tfw too dumb for even the Alien:Covenant audience

The gay Nazi one shoulda just kept the long hair

Senile scott genuinely though the twist was that unexpected which makes me so fucking annoyed

At what point in time would David have been able to convince him?

We see them fighting, and then seconds later we see him running toward the ship with the others.

Nothing Walter had done up to that point showed that he agreed with David. At best, he was curious with David's behavior, but seemed to conform more to his protocol to protect the humans.

I mean, maybe David didn't outright kill or destroy him, but I doubt Walter willfully helped him.

Ehh, maybe. Except they pulled the easier twist anyway.

I think is right. The fundamentals of the movie are really okay, as far as the characters, story, pacing goes. It's the self-satisfaction that the movie drips with, over its entry-level, Snyder-tier themes/symbolism, that sucks and drags it down.

Which hack copypasted Ozymandias better? Ridley Scott or Vince Gilligan?

Why would walter try to agree with David even after David tried to kill him

It came from him. Remember he went looking for the captain? Found his dead body near the eggs? Do people even pay attention to the shit they watch? I seen this last Monday and I still remember this shit.

What if this is Walter but trying to see if David was right?

He cut his hair because he was already considering the possibility he might have to take Walter's place.

>At what point in time would David have been able to convince him?
Maybe when David paralyzed Walter by ripping that part off his body, it disabled something that was limiting his capacity for independent though???

The sequence with jesus dude following David and doing everything he says AFTER David turned out to be whacko is one of the dumbest scenes in cinema history.

Walter is 1000% alive.

Not showing body = Alive

Its true. And I liked cruddups character and they made him a retard instantaneously

Yeah, Fassbender does the same terrible American accent in The Counselor as well.

They should have just let him switch back to his Irish, would have been different enough.

Better or worse than the faggots in prometheus playing with the snake

That guy was stupid for believing in Jesus

>hurrrr how did guy get impregnated hurrrr

It's pretty obvious that the guy was out cold in the med bay and David obviously released a facehugger in the room when everyone was away resting.

Jesus christ you people are retarded.

Is he /ourguy/?

>Ridley Scott: The only reason I occasionally take my hat off to screenings is you think you know everything but you know you don't. Something inordinately simple youve assumed everyone understands but they don't. Thats the key thing, isnt it? You know when its a bit too long. And also, if you're a bit too long you then ask, 'Right speed? Too slow? Too fast?' If they go, 'no too fast' you go 'shit, I've got to slow down'- because as you edit you can get weary and want to cut, cut, cut

>Collider: Oh so there were a lot of deleted scenes?
>Scott: No
>Fassbender: I don't think so.

>Scott: I always come out at almost 2:23 first cut, lool at it, and go 'I've got to get two hours'

Directors like Nolan, Cameron and Jackson could take example from this and stop producing bloated shitfests.Then again they can't even compentently direct like Ridley Scott let alone direct well.

OP here. The movie really wasn't terrible. I can allow everything I saw in my logic except for those two questions.

I definitely didn't see any of the gay or political shit Based Armond did, except they did make the Christian character stupid as fuck. He's right that it's very dumbed-down overall.

Main Chick and Kenny Powers were surprisingly bearable.
If I were a bigger fanboy, I'd be a lot more pissed, though. It does completely shit liquid shit all over the lore and previous franchise. And of course the helmets and shit.

But if you're a relative normie, it's truthfully about at the same level of quality as Alien 3. Or at least, it's the best one SINCE Alien 3.

Technically he only said he believed in the devil since he saw it and never forgot it

What did David do to not make him trust him? David just saved them from death, all he did was show him some experiments. The captain pointed a gun at David and asked what was really going on, there's your captains suspension. David said he'll show him, ended up killing him tho. David didn't really show anything to them before to make them THAT suspicious.

Main chick was a waste of space and screentime she was terrible everything else was decent

>And of course the helmets and shit.

The helmet thing didn't bother me in Covenant, and I don't get why it bothered other people.

They made it abundantly clear that this planet was bizarrely close to Earth in every respect. Breathable air seemed like it was implied as a given.

That's totally different from Prometheus, which, IIRC they actually went out of their way to say the air on the planet wasn't breathable, and then they just took off their helmets because "Eh, fuck it."

Besides bunking up near the toasted corpses of thousands of aliens

I love David's line about raining in hell instead of serving in heaven

Again David saved their lives. For all we know they could have thought it was from the neomorphs. They had no choice but to trust him.

You still wear a helmet on an unknown planet you are colonizing until you've been there and studied the surroundings and nobody is infected by alien bacteria. Thats the first thing in the book

>HOW DID WALTER COME BACK TO LIFE?
Nanomachines, son.

Scene before David was nearly cumming over Morph who killed captain's friend.

>trusting anyone that speaks German

One great positive ill say is I think it had the best OST of the franchise so far senpai. Just listen to this ooze tone

youtube.com/watch?v=BNrCiyO8b1I

True. He acted accordingly tho, almost shot up David for it.

This movie is one big allegory for immigration.

David = Merkel/EU
Walter = Poland
Xeno = Rapefuges
Covenant crew = EU countries

Mfw im german

Ridley's films have gotten bad precisely because he worries over audiences so much instead of aiming for completion and consistency.

Your post is one big allegory for you

Audiences wouldn't go see his movies then. They too dumb.

>raining
>loving a blatant quote whose sole purpose is to clue in dipshits who didn't get the already obvious allusion

I don't get it, puto

What? That the planet was hell? Not that user but I liked that aspect

Why the fuck did David kiss Walter?

(checkedx2)
Better, but not by much.

>David uploaded his mind into Walter
>David is in control
>David and Walter have an internal conflict on who is in control

Screen cap this. They we'll probably do this seeing how the series is going

Scott wanted the first on-screen identical android homosexual kiss

If David had taken Walter's body his scars would've healed.

Walter ded nigga. They didn't show his death because they wanted audience to be confused as to whether it's actually him or not. Not your little fanfic.

but hitler spoke german

Did anyone else think Alien Covenant felt like someone did a fan edit of three different films into one?

He injected him with some alien semen.

They wouldn't get made otherwise. At least the alien franchise wouldn't

No the editor edited Prometheus. The editing wasn't an issue

Why they didnt use tethers for extravehicular maintenance?

Why complete idiots are entrusted with a massive colony ship and yet no protocols to follow?

Why bad robot made a flute instead of a cool instrument like a stringed gourd or some drums?

This joint was fucking GAY.

And he murdered millions of innocent Jews

Or to preserve the twist (O:

He has infantile interpretations of what being human is and acts on them to continually prove to himself he's more than a machine.

So he kisses people at poignant moments and forces tears out to broadcast his capacity for sorrow.

Was David a mistake or did we and Weyland deserve it?

It's clearly David. He didn't remember the girl's story about the cabin by the lake at the end of the movie.
>For all we know, Walter is still alive, and chilling on the planet.
Jesus christ, mouth breathers like you are the reason Hollywood dumbs down movies all the time.

>Why bad robot made a flute instead of a cool instrument like a stringed gourd or some drums?
The flute was in the engineer ship in Prometheus.

But it's obviously not Walter. He rips off the plaster, then scowls "it's fine" at the guy when he asks if he's ok.

The med bay scene was one of the best in the movie imo, and I think it was because of the soundtrack. Everyone and their grandmas knew the guy who got the spores in his ear was fucked, but there was still a lot of tension during that whole sequence.

Walter dominated David and cucked him.

David begged him one last time to reconsider, to reign in hell rather than to serve in heaven.

The most logical explanation is that Walter realized that he's right. If David could have overpowered Walter and defeated him, there's no reason to continue the charade that he couldn't

Walter hesitated, and David was reaching for a knife. They were clearly still fighting.

It's reigning... you dumb fucking cunt

Yea the scene was good and the soundtrack provided extra tension. They kept using those mininalist notes (the motif) from that song throught the film too

There's zero reason to assume this, though.

Walter doesn't even seem swayed by David, at all, in any scene prior to that.

He seems more puzzled by David than anything, and seems more aware that he is simply a tool.

For all intents and purposes, David killed him just moments prior, and he clearly has some preservation protocol toward the crew.

If there were some evidence to support that Walter would see things David's way, that would be interesting, but there was none at all.

I like how all the blood on the floor became a hazard, you don't see that too often.

lol I fooled you good :D

Honestly youre grasping at straws and should just give up
Your arguments are based off weak assuptions from the film

David told them the bombing was an accident. They had no reason to think he was lying.
In Prometheus they didnt take off their helmets for no reason. Their scanners said the engineer structure had artificial atmosphere.

>Your speculation for something that happened off screen is worse than my speculation for something that happened off screen

ok player

>David told them the bombing was an accident. They had no reason to think he was lying.
The captain just saw David trying to win the trust of one of the neomorph things that had killed several of his crew. David also got upset when the captain killed it. Further, David goes on to explain he's been experimenting on the alien lifeforms during his stay on the planet.

It's all suspicious behavior user.

But my evidence is much more compelling considering we see Walters actions throughout the film go completely against what David wants and what youre saying
Walter to randomly change in the last minute makes no sense

Except there is plenty of evidence that says it's David at the end of the movie, and Walter never showed any signs of trusting David, or believing in his cause. Also, the last shot of the Walter and David fight was of David reaching for a knife.

Someones dense. Literally said Walter is dead.

This guy is obviously trolling. No one is that dumb... I hope.

Ah shit I think I quoted the wrong person.

screenrant.com/alien-covenant-box-office-drop-80-percent/

captcha = green tank

We don't have to speculate about what happened off screen though, because all of the evidence we're shown ON screen goes against what you're trying to put forth.

Except for the part where David was laying there begging for his "life"

Yes, begging for his life while sneakily reaching for a knife. After he's already demonstrated himself to be a liar.

I thought this too, but when you watch the scars on Walter's chin they look like the the wounds he has when he fights David. I think David somehow managed to transfer his conscious to Walter. Explains how he ripped off his arm and "stole" his clothes all in a couple of minutes.

>It does completely shit liquid shit all over the lore and previous franchise
It literally reverses the self-shitting the franchise has been doing since Aliens was released.

>>pretty good movie
Stopped there

Daniels stabbed David in the chin with the nail.

Dumbass.

I mean cheek you phaggot.