ITT: Evil Occult-Tier

ITT: Evil Occult-Tier

>Just finished watching this. Pretty good creepy kino if you ask me.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imdb.com/title/tt5128826/
m.imdb.com/title/tt2656588/
m.imdb.com/title/tt2793490/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

haven't seen that one, might watch it now
Kill List is absolute kino
watch it right now if you haven't

Was pretty good. Didn't like the Angel design or the lost souls designs though and wish they played up the ambiguity of everything happening around them more. All in all better than 95% on rotten tomatoes Get Out and those were some good titties.

DAMAGED

This is literally the best movie of the year so far.

You're half right the demons were kind of disappointing but the Guardian Angel was incredible

One question after watching the trailer:
Does this shit actually deal with the supernatural, or does it turn into "DUDE MANKIND IS THE TRUE EVIL LMAO" trope bullshit?

The alchemist cookbook
It's not for everyone, but it is one of the better movies I've see regarding alchemy. Not that there are a lot.
I also recommend Starry Eyes.
m.imdb.com/title/tt5128826/
m.imdb.com/title/tt2656588/
m.imdb.com/title/tt2793490/

never heard of buzzard or alchemist cookbook
alchemic cookbook looks interesting
really liked starry eyes

I liked the Angel design because of how unexpected it was. The spirit designs were meh and typical and hampered because the movie was spookier when you couldn't see any of them.

The scene with the spirit using her son's voice weren't were much better when the face that speaking was up to your imagination.

>Kill List is absolute kino
>watch it right now if you haven't

some of the worse advice I've ever got from Sup Forums. please stop posting. Sup Forums usually delivers good suggestions when it comes to horror:

A Dark Song was awesome.
Also recently watched Southbound, good shit.

there is literally nothing occult in Southbound
and Kill List is pretty good
atmosphere on point

House of the Devil

Not him but maybe my understanding of occult isn't the same as yours but why isn't Southbound occult? Because it isn't people doing ceremonies? Though actually there is a part where there's a ceremony to turn those girls into the demons or whatever they were.

i'm retarded I was confusing southBound with a different movie
pretty sure there is some pagan cannibal old gods family segment or some shit in there

>and Kill List is pretty good

it's not only bad, it's shameless critic bait, full of cheap symbolisms that critics love to pick up on.

>Hmmm, he got another piece of pork, that's gluttony, that's a sin !

it far surpasses 90% of contemporary horror movies that come out
and also
>being this pretentious
all you are is a film critic with an elitist attitude

>it far surpasses 90% of contemporary horror movies

oh boy I hit a nerve. it doesn't surpass anything. the gist of the film is literally "it was an evil cult bro, lmao". people don't behave like that. the movie fails to deliver any thrills or a view of the occult. "people in cults act totally weird, believe me bro"

vastly superior:
noroi (best occult movie in years)
faults (best cult psychology movie)

Noroi is an old-ass movie. I agree that Kill List is pretty overrated. I liked it but it isn't really a standout to me of the genre.

>noroi
What a shit-tier movie
Why people stroke each other off over it is beyond me

>what is atmosphere
>what is aestheticism
>what is film
nigga, go read a book if the plot is the only criticism you have of the film
go review books on /lit/

agree
noroi was mediocre generica at its best

Best occult horrorkino coming through

i love this movie

rec me movies like this

I love folk horror and just couldn't get into Kill List

The original Wicker Man and Robin Redbreast are good films. ALso gonna recommend House of the Devil.

actual supernatural