Terrible redesigns

Terrible redesigns.

Other urls found in this thread:

dresdencodak.tumblr.com/post/24574027688/dresden-codaks-x-men-reboot
dresdencodak.tumblr.com/post/10979241054/rebooting-the-justice-league
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's with the glasses/goggles? Is this some zany cyclops/wolverine hybrid?

Everything about Nolan's Bane blew, not just the costume.

The worst
You have to admit that the mask is cool looking

I disagree.

dresdencodak.tumblr.com/post/24574027688/dresden-codaks-x-men-reboot

dresdencodak.tumblr.com/post/10979241054/rebooting-the-justice-league

The designs for Superman, Power Girl, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman aren't bad, though

for you, not for me

>m-muh bimbo
>muh swimsuit

What's with the haircut?

Why does Colossus look like Mike Tyson?

That tumblr art style.

Seriously, hear me out on this one.

>Smaller extra spines do not translate into 3D. Makes them look like they're made out of cheese string
>Scarf and sports tape add clutter.
>Forehead is fucking huge,
>They went back to the overly tall, gangling, noodle limbs from 2006
>And yes. Blue arms throw off color balance and make him look like he's wearing a body suit.

That design can be done well (pic related), but that hair is fucking awful

Is it supposed to look like Storm's skull is spiked between her hair?

I'm more concerned with Storm's head and Rogue's teeth.

It's that ridiculous goatse mask.

>dresdencodak.tumblr.com/post/24574027688/dresden-codaks-x-men-reboot

The designs are shit but ive always liked the idea of the mutants actually looking fucked up so it makes sense that they're discriminated against and make efforts to hide themselves.

For example:

Angel could have, instead of literal bird wings, massive bat-like wings covered in hair, and he's albino.

Wolverine could be covered in scars, head to toe.

Subtler stuff too like telepaths could have more prominent, popping veins for increased bloodflow or something.

Iceman is always sweating, in very thin attire, shorts, sleeveless shirts, like a really scaled back Mr. Freeze.

The black and gold NOW design was pretty dumb but this is too simply, lazy perhaps.

I think he's trying to draw her with cornrows but it looked like inch-deep ridges were carved into her skull.

That looks fucking terrible because its so ridiculously plastic toy looking.

It also doesnt really scream "Iron Man", more a shitty chinese knockoff EVA unit.

Just go back to the 70's nanotech spandex look you fucks.

absolutely disgusting

Most of these aren't even bad except OP's
Pic related isn't really either its just the lack of red makes it look weird

I think he just wanted them to look like mutant freaks.

The point of his redesigns was to make all the X-Men deformed so they look more mutated, so yeah, she's supposed to look weird.

I like that idea but with more for the brotherhood mutants than the x-men. Like part of why they side with Xavier is because they're mostly normal looking but the ones that side with Magneto can't just cover their shit up with makeup or cool red sunglasses so they actually had to deal with the prejudice everyday.

It has the same problem as this Supergirl costume. It looks great on the top half, but the bottom half is awful.

She looks like she's wearing a onesie

Fuck that artist.
All he can do is thaw that copypasta-girl with round eyes and "stronk female" feel (on that picture she is right-bottom)
All other characters are shit.
Look at this fucking retarded beast and toad. This is the worst. I don't even understand how anyone in a sane mind would find this ok.

Just like any other Nu-Male he cares only drawing sexy chicks with sameface because he wants to fuck them and don't give a shit about being a good artist outside of waifufaggotry.
He just slaps "Strong female" term to look not as misogynistic as if he was without that term.

This is better.

Behold, I have fixed it

If it wasn't the Riddler, it would've been pretty good. It wasn't the worse they could do either. Concept art had him be a lardass, which was reused for their Cluemaster.

I liked The Batman because they didn't give us "generic redesigns" though. These were wildly different from any seen before. Though it's not always the best to deviate from a script.

Still, I liked a lot of their villain redesigns. Penguin's was probably the best I feel. We will sadly never see cartoon-y ginger Ozzy and his sexy Japanese bodyguards ever again.

Riddler's design was one of my favorites from Young Justice, and that show had a lot of good ones.

I wish Phil Bourassa's New 52 Direct-to-Video stuff looked more like Young Justice. The look that show had was the perfect form of his style.

These are horrible ideas.

>name is Angel
>has bat wings

>man with a healing factor having scars

>a man with the ability to go subzero sweating

Did this just sound better in your head or something?

>>name is Angel
>>has bat wings

Covered in white hair to simulate the look of an angelic figure you idiot.

When you heal it leaves scars you fucking idiot.

>a man with the ability to go subzero sweating

Because his body is conditioned for sub-zero activities like being covered in a thick layer of bulletproof ice you

fucking

moron.

Not him, but have you ever had a bad cut on your skin? When it healed, it probably left a scar. That's literally how healing works.

holy shit how dumb are you.

Yeah, when I had my arm cut off and it grew back it left a thick scar.

>>a man with the ability to go subzero sweating in normal room temperatures because his powers involve making shit cold
>Did this just sound better in your head or something?

Did this just sound better in your head or something?

Yeah but you can do it in a way that makes sense instead of making her look like she's a robot someone took a power drill to. You could give her big white veins or whatever all over her body that look kinda like lightning bolts or something.

>Yeah, when I had my arm cut off and it grew back it left a thick scar.

Wolverine.

not Deadpool.

Wolverine.

Shorthaired hottie
Worse

Choose one, faglord.

And here we have a genuine retard who went to retard boarding school for developmentally disabled children and still managed to get held back.

Are you implying that Wolverine wouldn't grow back an arm? Wolverine healed the entirety of his body from just his brain

>Are you implying that Wolverine wouldn't grow back an arm?

Yes because his skeleton is unbreakable so it would never happen.

>Wolverine healed the entirety of his body from just his brain

Dont ever mention that again. Bad stories should be given the old yeller special.

I like this cyborg, sorta.
Cyborg as he is now is a generic black man with generic-looking robotic parts, very boring.

Still the point is he doesn't scar it just comes back even without the dumbass Nitro shit a nuke burned off the majority of his flesh and he doesn't look like Deadpool

>failing at greentext
Sure is summer around here

Well no shit sherlock, but im suggesting a way to show him being unnatural.

Perhaps they fade over a long, LONG period of time like actual scars in this hypothetical scenario. Dont be stupid.

>Heals back massive fatal wounds in hours
>Scars would last for a long time
Why

Beast has an ass for a face.

Red/Silver is so fucking underrated.

Do you have any idea what the epidermis is and how scars form?

Did you drop out during fucking middle school holy shit.

Dresden Codak has been Tumblr style since before there was a tumblr. that shit is insufferable.

Yeah I missed the day where they talked about the logic behind Wolverine's healing factor

With just one more change - perfect.

Storms head makes my skin crawl

>Scars are a part of the skin’s natural healing process after it has experienced an injury, including accidents and any type of surgery. The new skin forms quickly as a way to protect the body from any additional threats such as bacteria and germs. There is often an overgrowth of collagen, which is one reason scar tissue looks different than other skin tissue. Furthermore, many of the skin cells become damaged, which can affect their ability to perform their regular functions.

>Initially, most scars are red or purple in color because of the injury to the skin tissue and the underlying blood vessels, as well as the natural inflammation response that is part of the body’s healing process. As the scar continues to heal sometimes the tissue turns white, which is known as hypopigmentation.

>Pigmentation in normal skin tissue is controlled by the protein melanin. Melanocyte cells produce melanin, and these cells are typically located in the deeper layers of the skin. The damage caused by a wound can damage the skin cells, and if it goes deep enough, it will also damage the melanocyte cells. When these cells are damaged, they cannot function properly, which means they do not produce the normal amount of melanin, which results in a lighter patch of skin or white skin.

Pigmentation/melanin you idiot.

As in why your scars are there.

As in your fucking skin color you idiot.

Wolverines powers at their most reasonable could function in the real world so dont give me that shit.

I just don't understand why you are applying regular logic to wolverine. Like he clearly doesnt follow normally people rules

Ah forgot to quote this for

1. hypothetical scenario where mutants look mutated and deformed compared to normal powered heroes involving real world science for one guy

2. claiming the one mutant who could actually exist in real life is the one who doesnt follow normal people rules even though it would apply to him since he's not an albino.

Would you go back to school or something, like for your own good.

But wouldn't his melanocyte cells just regenerate? How would they get damaged?

For the same reason scars take years to fade and why tans develop.

The entire reason the Weapon X program thought Wolverine would benefit from indestructible bones is because in older books before power creep fucked up the character, Logan's healing factor couldn't regen bones.

That was also supposed to be what made Deadpool special, his healing factor was better than Logan's and he could regrow limbs.

I wonder how much you'd have to pay Huge Jacked Man to wear that.

But wolverine doesn't scar. This wouldn't work with him would it?

he DOESNT scar because most people really dont have a grasp of how this stuff works but in the hypothetical scenario where mutations are visible in most cases, then it should be used.

Wolverine isn't normal. Healing factor is way past normal human regrowth.

Then he shouldnt tan, and his hair should be wildly growing forever and ever at all times.

Someone on Sup Forums mentioned Scarlett Johansson could be Captain Marvel, and y'know, I can totally see it.
It would be much more believable than nuanced Black Widow.

Katheryn Winnick could work too of course, but ScarJo ain't a bad choice.

this is way better

I can't think of anything that contradicts either of those

Comics are stupid, and so is this guy Wolverine LITERALLY regrows missing chunks of his body how in the fuck would he not regrow a layer of skin cells when he can regenerate wounds that a normal person would never heal from

>how in the fuck would he not regrow a layer of skin cells when he can regenerate wounds that a normal person would never heal from

How do you regrow a tan you mongoloid.

I don't I'm not fucking WOLVERINE and I don't create flesh from fucking nothing and grow back parts of my body that would never heal or take years to heal in 5 fucking seconds

your reading comprehension is astonishingly bad, as well as your education. its kind of concerning dear kekold.

Why doesnt his hair grow infinitely

Why dont his nails grow infinitely

Why does he still have wrinkles.

Just stop jesus christ, go back to school.

It's totally unsuiting to the The Riddler, but in some ways I like it because it reminds me of The Crow.

>Yes because his skeleton is unbreakable so it would never happen.
There's a difference between breaking and being detached.

>Why doesnt his hair grow infinitely
>Why dont his nails grow infinitely
He grows back what's missing he heals he's not a constant factory of flesh
>Why does he still have wrinkles.
He's not immortal shit head and he's also 200 fucking years old and still alive
You keep fucking saying go back to school but you also posted that scars only exist because of cells that don't heal properly but guess fucking what Wolverine doesn't heal like we do

>Why doesnt his hair grow infinitely
>Why dont his nails grow infinitely
I don't think there's evidence that his hair and nails don't grow infinitely. Presumably he just cuts them like everyone else.

It was supposed to be based on Marilyn Manson. He was actually the original voice actor for him I believe.

It was still a cool design though. Not really a good Riddler, but a good character design.

And he didnt regrow his ass in that story now did he?

That's the ultimate universe Adamantium is weaker there in 616 it's indestructible

Ultimate adamantium isn't as durable as 616 adamantium. Hulk broke and adamantium needle earlier.

I liked this look for her.

>He grows back what's missing he heals he's not a constant factory of flesh

You also dont know how skin or nails work, apparently. If he regrew melanin, which serves no real biological purpose that requires it to be healed, why would it not apply to other elements of his body that are lost?

You realize you cut your hair, right?

You cut your nails?

You deliberately "harm" them to keep them at a specific length, you idiot.

>He's not immortal shit head and he's also 200 fucking years old and still alive

Look at you go, keep fucking up and digging yourselft deeper.

His face has been destroyed countless times, please for the love of god tell me you at least know how wrinkles form.

>You keep fucking saying go back to school but you also posted that scars only exist because of cells that don't heal properly but guess fucking what Wolverine doesn't heal like we do

Perhaps you shouldnt be retarded and keep in mind im describing a hypothetical scenario in which all mutants showcase some physical mutation to go with their powers, and Wolverines would be scarification as a logical scientific side effect of his powers.

Also yes go back to school because you seem to be actually retarded.

To be fair, his cartilage isnt indestructible.

>there are people trying to apply science to comic book characters

Wow, this is actually really really good looking.
I even dig the gold cuff thingies.

Context is important.

By the way, applying science to superpowers to make something even semi-plausible can lead to interesting side effects that could lead to interesting visuals and scenarios, with alternate uses of powers.