Thanks for the rec, Sup Forums...

Thanks for the rec, Sup Forums. Unfortunately I lost the horror megathread we had a while back that had a list of decent modern horror. Anyone have it? If not, just post what horror you recently watched and liked.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt3177316/
imdb.com/title/tt2781832/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

house at the end of the time p good
Triangle (similar themes but it's a bit more of a psychological thriller)
the neon demon
under the skin
coherence
the invitation
cold fish
dark water
shutter
noroi
the void
last shift
baskin
kill list
berberian sound studio
marebito
thirst
the canal
spring
oculus
the orphanage
devil's backbone
southbound
ravenous
open grave (meh)
housebound
starry eyes
house of the devil
absentia
they look like people (kino) (mainly psychological thriller but def has horror elements)

this is just stuff off top of my head so might not be the greatest (hopefully most of them fit 'modern' bill tho)
there's a chart someone made that had pretty variation

I am not a serial killer
is a great one as well

Thanks, user. Cheers.

A Dark Song
The Blackcoat's Daughter
Coherence (More sci-fi, slow burn thriller)
Resolution
Deadgirl
The Conspiracy
The Poughkeepsie Tapes

These are among my modern favourites

>The Poughkeepsie Tapes
Some good scenes but I'd have liked it more if the interviews weren't so badly acted.

Yeah, it has some big flaws but the idea and structure of the movie is what makes me like it so much.

Anyone here like V/H/S? Started out weird and rapey, but I haven't been actually spooped by a horror film in years. I really liked it. Anyone have similar films? Not necessarily found footage, but very disorienting "what the fuck is happening" stuff?

1 and 2 are based. The thought of those tapes being out there is a great concept.

Honeymoon is another
imdb.com/title/tt3177316/
this one
thought it was good

we are what we are
creep
darling
under the shadow
train to busan
the host
the wailing
bone tomahawk
the handmaiden
green room (not really horror though so don't really know why it gets classified as such
AM1200 (amazing lovecraftian short)
pontypool
the loved ones
eden lake
lake mungo
john dies at the end
the shrine
the borderlands/final prayer - imdb.com/title/tt2781832/

i'll post more when i think of them

So this is what love feels like.

Im looking for a foreign movie were people are trapped inside a house that is actually a ancient god slowing eating them. Can somebody help me on that?

Hausu (house)?

The Bay is not really good in any way, but it's the last horror film I watched and I enjoyed it because I have low standards and she had and even commented on THAT ASS. Watch it, what could go wrong?

Oh yeah, I watched A Dark Song too lately but it totally under-delivered on most of what it promised in the setup and was typical retard-tier film ending, also the characters are neither good nor likeable nor do they act like actual people.

However the effects and individual scenes were pretty good.

Anyone know of any zombie movies that have a sort of Highschool Of The Dead vibe to them, but minus the cringe? Maybe something a little like playing through L4D only instead it's a movie?

Drainiac was near the top

train to busan?

Holy shit just go to /x/ and browse the sticky.

great list

Thanks, I'll check it out.

AAAA TULPAS AAAAAA WOOO WOOOO A GOAST DID IT

As above so below? Not amazing but i really liked it. Its more about the story than the horror aspects.

Literally Jumpscares: The Movie

If you liked VHS check out Siren, prequel movie to one the most memorable VHS tapes

I do agree that the ending was pretty full retard, but I think some minor adjustments could have made it much better. I don't really feel you on the characters not acting like normal people or being likable. First, I'm not sure they are supposed to be likable, and second, I don't feel as though they acted oddly, especially given what they had gotten themselves into.

Out of all of these I've only seen Shutter, Resolution, The Poughkeepsie Tapes, Honeymoon, and Lake Mungo.

any recs for me user..

what kind of movie you looking for? there's a pretty wide range there and honestly most of those movies are at least worth watching (in varying capacities)

>modern
Define it. How far back is "modern?"

Theatre bizarre had some nice segments.

Thoughts on this? Should I watch this or Hangman tonight (is hangman even good?)?

I saw Lake Bodom at a film fest and I'd recommend it

bump, we need more horror suggestions
we got a pretty good list in here

I know it's hated on here, but I liked it. It had a bit of something for everyone, but that was also it's biggest downfall: it never felt like it's own movie.

>dark water
only seen this one once and it was pretty decent.

I've recently watched:

>Sadako vs Kayako
aka The Ring vs The Grudge. It was okay, but not really a "vs" in the same way Alien vs Predator or Freddy vs Jason were.
>Resident Evil: The Final Chapter
Guilty pleasure, but even I won't call these 'good' movies.
>The Bye Bye Man
Really bad, but at least an interesting take on the Candyman or Bloody Mary sort of dealio.
>The Void
I wish it was more Lovecraft and less The Thing meets Sunshine.
>Ouija: Origin of Evil
I liked it, but I also liked the movie which comes after this, aka just Ouija. The director, Mike Flanagan, has done a few divisive horror movies, including Oculus, HUSH and Before I Wake.
>The Monster
One of those 'bottle movies' set entirely within a car and a short stretch of road. More literal than you might think in the first fifteen or so minutes.
>Morgan
Not really a horror, but still good. Anya Taylor-joy is in it, if you're into that.
>Don't Breathe
aka 'dickheads get what's coming to them' the movie.
>Honeymoon
This was sort of clever, sort of lame. Depends how soon you lose interest and if you like the sort of twist ending it has.

i liked it too.

Anyone watch this yet? Any good?

>they look like people
This was really good, won't blow your mind with the plot or surprise you at every turn but gave me chills several times, the characters are way too fucking real.

nein that nigga is talking about borderlands.

>Ouija: Origin of Evil
This movie was fucking retarded
Why the fuck didn't the ghost just kill everyone off when they weren't suspecting shit?
There seemed to be no reason for any of the things happening in the movie.

That is definitely NOT a horror but something along the lines of mystery/sci-fi/drama.

I'm a huge fan of Brit Marling and Sound of My Voice is probably my favourite film of hers.

Too bad we never got to see the two other films that where supposed to make a trilogy.

she has brown eyes irl

what movie ?

The Autopsy of Jane Doe

The Weirdest Boner: The Movie