Live in UK

>live in UK
>decide to subscribe to Amazon's new live streaming TV service, thinking its as simple as that.
>TV licensing agency tells you that even if you already pay Amazon for the service every month, you still need to pay the £147 per year license fee that people who have antennas have to pay.

Anybody else glad they don't live in the UK?

Americans: Imagine paying for cable TV and then being forced to pay a license fee on top of that. This is how cucked Britbongs are.

engadget.com/2017/05/27/amazon-uk-tv-licence-fee/

Other urls found in this thread:

tv-licensing.blogspot.com/2008/08/tv-licensing-rights-of-access.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_controversies
youtube.com/watch?v=2Gkxm6bKtsk
youtube.com/watch?v=HUxJqvPiaYk
businessinsider.com/in-britain-police-arrest-twitter-and-facebook-users-if-they-make-anti-muslim-statements-2013-5
youtube.com/watch?v=w6Zr9-gXpkA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cringe

the only winning move is to NEVER PAY
this is fucking WAR you mong
stop empowering people who hate you

>After i moved out i never got a stupid fucking tv license since I have the internet
>TV is in my bedroom hooked up to playstation and laptop
>about a month after moving in, get knock on door, its the tv inspector
>He asks if i watch tv, and asks to come in when i say no
>He looks over my tv, and see's that an antenna could potentially be plugged into the back, issues me a fine and says if I don't like it i have to go to court
>Laugh and call him a cunt
>He smiles on his way out
>Did my research, got a shitty lawyer and we discussed everything, and I show that I have never had an antenna or digital cable running into my house, that its hooked up to multipe other things but not normal tv, that he moved my tv around before asking me looking for antenna cords and found non
>Judge sighs, and asks if the tv inspector has any pictures of antenna cables or even the behind of my tv that day
>tv inspector says no
>case dismissed, government pays my expenses
>I smile at the inspector on the way out

Since then i've had what appears to be tv people knock on my door a few times every year, i just don't bother answering

yeah, we basically do. they just call them "universal service funds" and "regulatory fees" and other shit like that. basically, they're indirect taxes

Is it true eurofags are getting prosecuted for watching fooseball games on kodi hence all this TV license. If thats true...lmao at your fucking lives.

But isn't the TV license to cover the BBC, how can they justify adding it to someone else's service?

Because Amazon has BBC programming on there? Only thing that could justify it

if you watch live tv or view iplayer, you need a tv licence. it is that simple. it doesn't matter how you receive the tv signal.

Enjoy your net neutrality, Comcast faggot.

>brits
>euro

Anyone with a brain doesn't pay it

I will laddy :)

Aren't you already technically paying for some kind of publicly funded TV anyway?
Isn't that what PBS is?

>it's an American singles out Britain for something that most of the western world does in a much less reasonable way

Worked a week to pay the fucking license and then failed the test. They don't even give you a refund if you flunk. I watched 12 hours of fucking Coronation Street for nothing. I hate this fucking country

This is how they go about collecting the money to pay for it instead of taking it from taxes like every other country does.

You don't have to let them in do you? You can just say "no" when they ask to come in right?

Yep

I heard they had tv detectors, but I think that was for the old tube type tvs.

You know, I wouldn't believe this story, would just think it was one of those exaggerated, fanciful tales. But I have seen this exact sequence of events (other than the lawyer and court hearing, of course) take place several times, from people in the UK recording cunt tv license people trying to get into their houses and harassing them.

What the fuck is wrong with the UK? This seems like a fucking joke but it's real.

It's a company trying to collect profits. They're basically private enterprise repo men without any legal recourse.

>Housemates pay TV license without asking anyone on the expectation that I will pay them back
>Never watch live TV
>Cause a massive argument by telling them to get fucked
>One guy literally turns the TV off when I walk into the room

No evidence of them ever being used. They had modified vans / minibuses drive around but they were a scare tactic.

All they have is a postcode database of the UK. Ones who paid have a green tick, ones who haven't have a red tick, ones who haven't & have informed them have an orange tick.

Capita go to areas with a large number of red ticks and try to catch people out by answering loaded questions, catching them with TV on, etc.

They get a commission so tend to bullshit people to get them to pay.

They also target poor people.

Was britain always a creepy police state, or is this a thing of recent decades, like when america went full retard against drugs in the 70s, and created the redundant DEA, and now you have sheriff's departments playing soldier kicking your door down for a couple plants, and after Columbine kids getting handcuffed for drawing guns, etc.

t r i g g e r e d

>CCTV on every street corner
>TV licences required
>Taxed on everything
>Police armed with assault rifles on every street
>Government publicly advertises their right to spy on you like it's a good thing
>Crime is still out of hand
>You can't even defend yourself in your own home

The UK has all the downsides of being a police state with none of the benefits.

Except most of those things aren't true.

Lmao, Bongistan trying to larp as a developed nation yet again

>>it's an American singles out Britain for something that most of the western world does in a much less reasonable way

My bad dude. I'm so sorry that in America, the only people we have to let into our houses have the word "police" written on their vests, and even then they need a warrant.

Im so sorry that in the "developed, 1st world country that is Britain" has private companies that pay goons to come to your house and demand they take a look inside, and are also liable to take you to court if you don't comply.

There are some states in America in which if someone did that and ignored posted signs, they could be shot. No questions asked.

>they could be shot. No questions asked

Isn't that standard police procedure in America?

In my country there's a tax that you have to pay even if you don't own a TV, but people with low incomes don't have to pay.

I live in the UK and its suffering.

Thank fuck I moved to a comfy rural house.

You can say no, but then if they suspect you are 'stealing tv' and refusing to let them in, they'll get the police with a warrant to enter your property and check to see if your tv is plugged into an antenna.

But what happened to me, the guy checked instead if my tv could have an antenna plugged in at all, and since it could he issued me a fine which i later beat in court.

I just never answer the door to them full stop now to avoid their scheming.

The UK introduced tv in a very weird way unlike the USA, the state funds tv instead of advertising. Some other European nations also have a tv license/ no advertisement model but its slowly phasing out everywhere.

I'm very suprised the UK appears to be keeping it in the long term, even trying to force people who stream tv to get a license. During my court case I read that even if you watch old BBC shows on youtube either on their official page or by some random uploader, you have to get a license for that.

No. It's only ever been about "live" T.V. I don't know why they specifically have a hard-on for that but it's never been any different.

You have the right to refuse access unless they have a warrant.

tv-licensing.blogspot.com/2008/08/tv-licensing-rights-of-access.html

In Japan, they pay the doorknockers 50% commission to get television licenses. They are rather aggressive, and will stand out of site of door cameras.

On what grounds can said warrant be acquired by them? If it´s a a simple, routine matter, refusing access only delays the inevitable.

The trade off is the UK has high quality television programming and news that actually delivers the news.

In America, on the other hand, you have entire generations brainwashed by the likes of Hannity.

If you think state tv anywhere is not propaganda, you are a moron.

What the fuck is this shitty journalism?

I just read the article and followed up on the link they provide about the BBC asking for licence fees. That article literally gives ZERO mention about it.

This is some top tier click bait.

A legal warrant, as in from a judge.

Not to the degree that Fox, MSNBC and CNN is. Especially Fox. Whereas the other stations distort the truth, Fox just straight up makes shit up.

It is supposed to be live TV, and on demand. I suppose they want to argue that YouTube is an on demand service. I imagine that some day they will get a warrant to search your internet history, and see if you've been watching BBC shows on YouTube, or maybe just demand from Google all the IPs that have watched any BBC shows on YouTube in the last year, and compare it with those that haven't paid their licenses.

UK has always had an overbearing government.

Hey. Um.. can you call me bud or pal next time? Mate makes me feel uneasy, it's way to close to intercourse or fucking. Thanks pal.

Just run in a circle and they'll never catch you.

Ah, yes, the always above board BBC.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_controversies

what a bizarre country. England is trying to catch up to France in terms of importing low IQ brown people and destroying their cultural identity. somehow meth head rednecks and chimps getting shot by police is a bad thing and having vast swathes of your country literally under sharia law is superior.

I think the craziest part is that if you even just open your door, that automatically allows the tv inspector to enter your house, with or without your permission.

They should just fund the BBC with tax dollars instead of this stupid licensing scheme where they have to send out the license police to collect and put up ads threatening people who don't pay up.

Like how PBS works here in America.

>TV licensing agency tells you that even if you already pay Amazon for the service every month, you still need to pay the £147 per year license fee that people who have antennas have to pay.
You need a First Amendment, dude. This is not just the right to speech, but the right to distribute speech unfettered.

The US has government-funded TV, too (though much smaller) and it comes from general funds. There are no Nazis running around checking if you are being communicated to.

>complaining about police that try to arrest people instead of shooting them to death

Not so.

In fact, it is in your best interest to open the door to them, so that you can tell them not to come around ever again.

"It is well established that an implied right of access to a property exists for those that have a legitimate reason to be on the property. This implied right allows the caller to come to the front door/gate if they have legitimate business with the occupier. If they are asked to leave then the implied right no longer applies.

"Requests to withdraw the implied right of access must be respected as TV Licensing Enquiry Officers would be committing trespass if they visited the address after the right of access had been withdrawn."

the TV license is supposed to fund BBC programming
it makes no sense here since you already pay for the service

I also live in the UK, and you're bullshitting.

>tfw tv license is more expensive, harder to avoid and they're delivering an infinitely shittier product in germany yet only the UK always gets memed on

I feel insulted

no one even wants to waste their time mocking you germany. go start a world war or something

>I don't know why they specifically have a hard-on for that but it's never been any different.

What does BBC stand for? (and don't say Big Black Cock)

Hate the licence fee all you want, its clearly an outdated system.

But to be honest I don't know why you want the American model of corporations paying for TV instead of the audience.

From here it seems like their TV, unless they are actually paying for it, is always cheap, low quality shit with way more ad breaks then our advert channels do.

And then they're always complaining about media bias (the whole fox news meme), which seems to come directly from which corporations are filling the channel's pockets.

You wouldn't be. You'd be paying Amazon to receive it for you, but not the BBC to broadcast, which is covered by the licence fee.

>I don't know why you want the American model of corporations paying for TV instead of the audience.
It's called freedom, and the behavior arises in the absence of powerful men controlling things with police for their own benefit.

If government produced quality stuff, why do you care if free people produce their own stuff and offer it to you, too?

That this overwhelms smaller countries' TV as people shift to watch US stuff is what drives stupid "minimum local content" laws -- you can't compete...even with government subsidies????

>be britcuck
>making over 32K cuckcoins per year
>40% income tax
>on top of this forced to pay for garbage healthcare insurance
>go to the shop to buy toast
>20% tax
>guns are spooky, better ban them completely!
>so are pepper sprays
Don't worry Britcucks, your goverment is taking good care of you!

>Its an American dodges the criticism claims that arbitrarily claim they are more 'free' episode.
>Despite the fact 'powerful men controlling things with police for their own benefit' fits America far better than Britain.

Making an american pig run is worse than punching him. Of course he's gonna dump his mag on you.

>From here it seems like their TV, unless they are actually paying for it, is always cheap, low quality shit with way more ad breaks then our advert channels do.
Our ad breaks are like five minutes in length and we get two per 30 minute episode, three five minute ad breaks if it's a sixty minute time slot (episode amounts to about forty-five minutes of time).
>And then they're always complaining about media bias (the whole fox news meme), which seems to come directly from which corporations are filling the channel's pockets.
The BBC is JUST AS BAD as CNN. During the Brexit debate every piece it ran was biased as fuck, never daring to list the positive traits of leaving the EU referendum, the BBC always tries to run hits on figures like Nigel Farage but masks them as "interviews" and "fair moderated debates" (although Farage is always smart enough to beat them at their own game).

Then we get diversity quotas in our shows, a Doctor Who episode set in Victorian (I think) London featured a mostly black cast. When a time travelling character asks "lot more black people than I thought there'd be" another responds with "so was Jesus, history's a white wash". Then a later episode of Doctor Who lectured us on the evils of capitalism while the BBC is trying to fine or imprison people for refusing to pay their yearly free to a private organisation.

You also seem to imply that our television is cheap unless we're paying for it. All BBC shows feel like student projects. All feel cheap and amateurish. Terrible all across the board, shit writing, sets, cinematography, actors, awful drama, all British television is like this, but the BBC especially, the one channel we actually pay for.

The model of having the audience paying for the TV is equally as toxic, if not more, than having corporations fund TV. The BBC is worse than Fox news and is CNN-tier. We may be paying for it but it's still nothing more than a propaganda machine.

Is this one of those crab legs Kino stories? I actually can't tell

The (((BBC))) wants it's shekels so it can destroy the public's mind. The BBC for the most part is a disgusting entity fuck them. I would love it if it was dismantled

TV inspector?

Jesus christ I am so glad I dont live in a third world country

When it comes to television entertainment, the US outdoes the UK because of the free market, and much of that is exported to the UK.

>it's an "Americans are so insecure they have to constantly talk about Europe (actually only one country because they don't know the others)" episode

>tfw home kino inspector knocks during my home penis inspection

Not that guy but you're a deluded fool. Another greentext I would like to add is
>go to jail if you're mean on twitter
This country is a fucking joke. Americans and Canadians love to piss and moan about their housing market but they ain't got nothing on us. Grey terraced houses the size of shoeboxes for absurd prices. In Canada and US your houses may be expensive (still cheaper than ours) but at least your houses are of decent size. Our houses are subhuman living conditions.

It's hilarious despite how intense of a police state we are, crime is fucking rampant everywhere, this is a third world country. Despite the recent terrorist attack at the concert in Manchester and the hit and run at Westminster, our only saving grace seems to be MI5. I'm not sure if it's just a James Bond meme or what but apparently they're really good at their job, which is impressive considering our high Muslim population.

The BBC is CNN-tier you deluded fool.

Should white brits be forced to pay for BBC when it's not aimed towards white brits and demonizes them constantly?

How do I move to the US lads?

Britcuck tax sheckels are sure used well

youtube.com/watch?v=2Gkxm6bKtsk

Jesus Christ grow up, you fucking clown. Go and live in a real third world country for a few weeks and you'll soon realize what a spoiled, ungrateful little faggot you are.

Also don't pretend Americans aren't being shafted by the thought police because bills passed lately are just as bad as anything in Europe.

A TV license? Literally what?

As a Britbong it's not easy. If you're a minority such a Muslim, African or whatever they'll pay YOU to come in. If you're a hardworking white, you're pretty much fucked.

Three realistic options
a) marry an American woman, grants you automatic citizenship, but by doing this you risk half of everything you own and future alimony on a fucking coin toss
b) H1B visa, work for a company in the UK that has branches in the US and hope that the company politics develop in a way that they want to move people from the UK branch to the US branch. You can only receive a H1B visa if the company itself funds it (costs tens of thousands of dollars) so you have to be valuable employee for the company to consider doing this. Not only this, when you get a H1B visa you must hold it for about four years before you can apply for citizenship and the visa only lasts for about 3 years, so you have to hope your company will renew it for the final year
c) inject half a million dollars into the US economy

Trump is busy fighting the deep state at the moment, but he's aware whitey is getting outnumbered in the US by low IQ minorities breeding like rabbits. When (and if) he defeats the deep state he'll make it easier for (white) Brits to immigrate to the US so he can try and get the white population back on track in the US.

Trump is our only hope of escaping the UK.

I've never understood the problem of not paying. I moved out of my mum and dads' when I was 19 and have never paid them anything in 10 years and counting. I get letters occasionally that don't even have my name on it because they have no idea who I am or who lives here, and I've never had a visit from anyone. Not that I'd let them in if I did. They have no legal powers. Just don't pay. Don't contact them. Don't talk to them. Just ignore them.

>Also don't pretend Americans aren't being shafted by the thought police because bills passed lately are just as bad as anything in Europe.
Yet no one has been prosecuted for being a meany on Twitter. I don't believe any of these "bills" you speak of will make an impact. Stereotypical Americans don't strike me as the sort of people who'll let the state of the UK take over in the US.

You've been brainwashed into thinking what we have are acceptable living standards.

Hmmm yes definitely sounds like a safe country for the white man to escape to.

The license pays for the BBC and ensures a standard of TV in excess of Burgerstan. It would be a simple tax if the BBC weren't so worried about successive governments fucking with it.

TV in the UK would be far, far worse without the BBC. It acts as a standard keeper. Yes not everything on the BBC is amazing, but it produces a higher volume of novel content than american networks. The news is at least sort-of impartial, even if it mainly acts as a echo for the right-wing press.

We'd be far worse off without it.

New York has laws that mean you can be fined $250,000 for using incorrect gender pronouns. Go and live there if you want and pretend you're any better off.

The US is superior to the UK in every way (except healthcare).

Brits are cucked beyond belief and we will be outbred by Muslims. Americans would never allow something like that to happen. A civil war would happen before the Muslim population reached a certain point.

Has there ever been an instance of someone being fined due to this? I doubt it. No country is perfect, especially with all these brainwashed liberals trying to shit everything up, but the police state of the UK is infinitely worse than the land of the US.

Is it literally just BBC you guys fund or are there other channels too? Because BBC shows are pretty shit unless you like 10 different milquetoast period dramas about rich people and their servants.

>Yes not everything on the BBC is amazing, but it produces a higher volume of novel content than american networks. The news is at least sort-of impartial, even if it mainly acts as a echo for the right-wing press.
I cant believe what I'm reading.

Yes, it's just the BBC we fund. Our TV license fees go towards a propaganda machine that doesn't dare tell us the benefits of Brexit, constantly calls Trump a racist and produces absolute shit tier shows like Doctor Who.

>Be Americuck
>Have no sense of empiricism because calling out lies messes with muh Free Speech, and so must be censored.
>Government system not only weak to, but essentially built around getting licking corporate busybodies scrotum.
>No longer need the high food production that they have, but if they don't half the country will starve, because they won't be able to afford the food rotting on the shelves.
>Still loads of unemployment, meaning a yank is either corn stuffed fat retards or desperate uneducated and undernourished.
>Despite this have a tenancy to desperately pretend that because their country is powerful that they are generally better off than European countries, though mostly they live in wooden shacks with a standard of living barely above the third world.
>Because of this they constantly mistake British working class families in council houses for being upper middle class
>Also rife with gun crime, which mixes well with those thin wooden walls.
>Because of the gun crime, police (who are often ridiculously under trained) have a shoot first ask questions later policy, and even when they haven't drawn their guns, are famous for brutalising civilians for shits and giggles.
>Next to no class fluidity, because they make the rather odd mistake that if they chant the word 'freedom' and work hard enough for their corporate masters it'll mean they aren't a serf.
>And maybe if they work hard enough, they'll be able to afford to get a bullet removed at their private healthcare system, or move into one of the many empty wooden shacks they couldn't afford.
>But hay, at least they don't have to pay for TV!

> Learning enough german to shitpost about them.

Who has the time honestly.

>The BBC is JUST AS BAD as CNN. During the Brexit debate every piece it ran was biased as fuck, never daring to list the positive traits of leaving the EU referendum, the BBC always tries to run hits on figures like Nigel Farage but masks them as "interviews" and "fair moderated debates" (although Farage is always smart enough to beat them at their own game).

The BBC has given farage far, far more media appearances over the last 5-10 years than his position ever dictated. He was the leader of a small protest party and owes most of his success to being on QT or the news every other week. The BBC did him a huge favour. Ultimately it acts as a reflection of the print press which is right wing as fuck.

>Then we get diversity quotas in our shows, a Doctor Who episode set in Victorian (I think) London featured a mostly black cast. When a time travelling character asks "lot more black people than I thought there'd be" another responds with "so was Jesus, history's a white wash". Then a later episode of Doctor Who lectured us on the evils of capitalism while the BBC is trying to fine or imprison people for refusing to pay their yearly free to a private organisation.

I couldn't care less about black people in a story about a fucking time-travelling alien. Does it really matter?

> You also seem to imply that our television is cheap unless we're paying for it. All BBC shows feel like student projects. All feel cheap and amateurish. Terrible all across the board, shit writing, sets, cinematography, actors, awful drama, all British television is like this, but the BBC especially, the one channel we actually pay for.

Depends on the show. The BBC can't throw money at things like american studios, but the things that are invested in like Downton Abbey and Attenborough documentaries are fantastic.

>Americans would never allow something like that to happen.
> 54%

>even if it mainly acts as a echo for the right-wing press
fucking lmao
You guys can't even criticise the sandniggers that are raping your daughters without going to jail, how the fuck is BBC a right wing echo chamber?

>I cant believe what I'm reading.

Use your words. What's upset you?

this.

youtube.com/watch?v=HUxJqvPiaYk

>The BBC has given farage far, far more media appearances over the last 5-10 years than his position ever dictated. He was the leader of a small protest party and owes most of his success to being on QT or the news every other week. The BBC did him a huge favour. Ultimately it acts as a reflection of the print press which is right wing as fuck.
Except for the fact all of his appearances were actual hit pieces masked as "interviews" or "fairly moderated debates". Farage has great verbal IQ so he was able to beat them at their own game. A lesser man would've been steamrolled by their attempts.
>I couldn't care less about black people in a story about a fucking time-travelling alien. Does it really matter?
Good goy.
>Depends on the show. The BBC can't throw money at things like american studios, but the things that are invested in like Downton Abbey and Attenborough documentaries are fantastic.
Their nature documentaries are fine, I'll give you that, but any drama and news coverage they produce is pure garbage.

>news is sort-of impartial
Not it is not.
>acts as a echo for the right-wing press
Blatant lie. BBC is a leftist propaganda machine, completely biased.
>but it produces a higher volume of novel content than american networks
It just produces low budget Victorian / Tudor / Medevil period pieces with atrocious writing. Merlin was the only thing I've really liked and that was atrocious, but there was something endearing about it at least. The modern shit like Doctor Who or Sherlock, do I even need to comment? The absolute state of British television.

Even if they were "hit pieces" it didn't matter. He got so much space to repeat his arguments over and over, even the stuff routinely proven to be rubbish. It had the same result as covering Donald Trump over and over because he's "good TV" in the US.

I'm far more concerned with the right-wing bias on the BBC, uncritical parroting of the Daily Mail's agenda, general opposition to left-wing economic arguments and slavish dedication to the status-quo than darkies on TV. I appreciate that the beeb's london-centricity lends it to having a more diverse cast than is seen anywhere else in the country, but that's symptomatic of a larger problem of our country becoming more and more london-centric as wealth and power are consolidated in the capital.

>YakkitySax.mp3

>Have no sense of empiricism because calling out lies messes with muh Free Speech, and so must be censored.
any sources?
meanwhile you get jailed in Britain for insulting muslims
businessinsider.com/in-britain-police-arrest-twitter-and-facebook-users-if-they-make-anti-muslim-statements-2013-5
>Government system not only weak to, but essentially built around getting licking corporate busybodies scrotum.
true for every single goverment on earth
good thing US goverment is not as big as the European goverments!
>No longer need the high food production that they have, but if they don't half the country will starve, because they won't be able to afford the food rotting on the shelves.
what are you even trying to say you fucktard?
>Still loads of unemployment, meaning a yank is either corn stuffed fat retards or desperate uneducated and undernourished.
For april 2017: US unemployment 4.4% UK: 4.6%
>Despite this have a tenancy to desperately pretend that because their country is powerful that they are generally better off than European countries, though mostly they live in wooden shacks with a standard of living barely above the third world.
the delusion, lmao
>Because of this they constantly mistake British working class families in council houses for being upper middle class
the typical British house in a city is a small terracced grey house all the way from worlking to middle class
>Also rife with gun crime, which mixes well with those thin wooden walls.
>Because of the gun crime, police (who are often ridiculously under trained) have a shoot first ask questions later policy, and even when they haven't drawn their guns, are famous for brutalising civilians for shits and giggles.
at least US police is allowed to have guns
>Next to no class fluidity, because they make the rather odd mistake that if they chant the word 'freedom' and work hard enough for their corporate masters it'll mean they aren't a serf.
nonsense, US middle class richer than EU

youtube.com/watch?v=w6Zr9-gXpkA

>right-wing bias on the BBC
bait-poster confirmed
here's another (you) for you