ITT: Pleb filters

ITT: Pleb filters

Alien3 is a reverse pleb filter. The only people who say they enjoyed it are try-hards and hipsters.

How did they get away with the scene in which Ripley fondles Newt's boobs?

Does this mean the director is a pleb? Because even he doesn't like this film.

Yes.

this, but unironically

He had a terrible experience on set because execs didn't know what they wanted and there was no definitive script. The film is undeniably messy but even in this chaotic form, his sense of style and atmosphere stands out mixed with Giger's new designs, it's certainly the most moody and aesthetic movie of the three Alien. It's weird because he comes from MTV and American commercials and making that big budget franchise blockbuster, yet it looks like a 70's Polish or Russian arthouse film.

I was sort of enjoying it until Dance died.
I'm an ultimate pleb anyway since I liked the first half of resurrection.

Not as bad as the scene in Aliens where she masturbates with Newt's toothbrush

Reversed one.

It's full of capeshit elements and it's a chore to watch.

I have always loved the aesthetic of alien 3 but i never made the connection with the those eastern European 70's/80's art house/sci fi films, which i also really love.

It's a shame that the script is such a mess, if there was a more coherent vision Alien 3 could be the best of them. But like you said, even in the chaos there is style and substance. I think my favorite scene in it all is when ripley goes down to the, like she said "metaphorical basement" and she mistakes the hellish industrial scenery for the alien.

Wouldn't it have been a very interesting idea if during the film. More and more of the world around Ripley changed into the style of Giger's painting and designs? Almost subliminal.

Calm the fuck down reddit

Fincher disowned the film because even he realized how much of a fuck up it was. That is not to say Fincher is a good director, in fact, it implies just the opposite. A better director would have made Alien 3 work.

I constantly see a lot of bullshit on Sup Forums about the making of Alien 3 and most of it is misinformation spread by people that don't really know much about it. If you really care to know they do a great job of explaining it in the behind the scenes footage as well as in the commentary of the dvd.

The facts are as follows: There was a script, and they had already begun working on production for that script, things like sets and so on, which obviously cost a lot of money to make. When Fincher came along he rejected the script they had, and decided TO SHOOT WITHOUT A SCRIPT, because he must've thought he was some bad ass auteur. He also had some very questionable ideas about where to take the Alien Franchise, that didn't pan out in the end, which obviously put a lot of strain on both the crew and executives, who all had no idea what exactly Fincher was trying to do.

it was my fav when i was 12 and it still is 20 years later. fuck off

Hahahahahaha

I remember that Fincher was also pretty disrespectful of Giger.

Alien 3 would be a 'cult classic' sci-fi movie if it wasn't an Alien sequel

Look at this hipster try hard faggot.

Big if true.

Alien 3 is objectively at least a good film. Most people just hate it because hicks, bishop and newt gets fucking wrecked.

Alien >>>>>>>>> 3 > Res > Aliens >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Prom >> Cove

Resurrection is the true pleb filter. It's Armond White approved so you know it's good.
>To SEE it is to FEEL it
Taken from White's Facebook page after he took a shit on Covenant. pure kino

It would be very interesting indeed, because it would kind of be symbolic for her gestation of the queen. Instead of her figuring it out on her own, it would be cooler to find it out like that, as she slowly loses grip on reality, making her a liability.

>go through all that trouble of saving newt
>leldead in the next film
Didn't Hicks and Bishop also make it out? I Bishop got shredded but he's a synth so it shouldn't be a biggie.

i marathoned the series resently and was devastated when in Alien 3 Newt is proclaimed dead at the beginning and with the autopsy that comes after. Ripleys character seemed also a bit off. Overall ok film but didn't like it.

What did they do with that naked Newt doll after filming finished?

Ridley took it home with him, of course. Rumor has it that he also made some... unconventional modifications.

>Ron Perlman is in it
>good
He might be the worst actor I've ever seen.

i watched the original alien again and it was just immensely boring, i dont understand why everybody thinks its such a good movie. are people really that nostalgic ?

WELL SHIT MAN, WHY DONT WE JUST PUT HER IN CHARGE??!
[/spoiler]rip bill paxton ;(

there is so much wrong with your statement

This was fun. Also, what a cast.

>Mr. Eko
>Violet Baudelaire
>Jon Snow
>Jack Bauer

Millenials prefer Skyfall and Spectre
Patricians appreciate Quantum

Ron Perlman IS A BAD ACTOR. ITS HONESTLY LAUGABLE HOW BAD HE IS.

>LAUGABLE

good job

>William Gibson's Alien 3 script starring Hicks and Bishop was never made

I liked the idea of space commies against Weyland-Yutani and the Xenomorph pathogen being akin to AIDS, but I guess some things aren't meant to be.

Best Bond girl

Heh, you found my grammatical error. Embarrassing for me. Looks like you win.

>grammatical

keep digging that hole

Lol what? You think I misspelled grammatical?

Oh, btw, even though you've put up zero argument, I'll concede he won a day time emmy for his early nineties beauty and the beast series.

WRONG
this is the real Alien pleb filter