Are you enjoying the current Neo-Renaissance era of Disney films?

Are you enjoying the current Neo-Renaissance era of Disney films?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/4/42/Sniper_award05.wav?t=20100625223056
m.youtube.com/watch?v=aTqHbiE0vl8
youtube.com/watch?v=wCxuxrLNrsw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not really.

I enjoyed Wreck It Ralph and have been disappointed by everything else.

Going from left to right
>Shit
>Shit
>Fun but forgettable
>Good
>Overrated but good
>Okay
>Great

I am. Disney animation hasn't made a bad movie in a decade.

Why does everybody on this board fawn all over Wreck-it Ralph? I found it completely average.

cant wait for the strong independent princess and her goofy burly sidekick

It is average but it's the only good video game movie besides Mortal Kombat and Scott Pilgrim

Too much sugar rush world is bad but for what you get in the first half movie's decent

It has the same problem Tangled and Princess and the Frog have in that it's not as good as it SHOULD have been.

>Princess and the Frog
>shit
this is why we can't get beautifully drawn animation anymore

It's got Dwayne in it, so I'm hyped.

Maybe if the rest of the movie was good it'd be ok

I thought it was good. The only things I didn't like were that Facilier didn't get enough screen time, Tiana's final line about mucus was horrible and I never particularly cared about Ray. But everything else worked for me.

It was bland and forgettable, probably because it was made to so people would stop complaining that they have no black princess but were too afraid of offending someone. The best thing was the villain but he was underutilized.

Certainly better then pixels

I mean I liked pixels but they made a lot of fuckups

>afraid of offending someone
>the villain was not only black but a southern voodoo doctor

And they made sure to make another black voodoo user to be good.

And that's a bad thing....?

Just showing that they were trying hard to not offend anyone and ended with a bland movie.

He's Keith David, he can get away with a lot of things.

You could remove her and the story wouldn't change at all. She was only there so people wouldn't complain about the villain being a voodoo user.

I think you;re looking into it a bit too much to fit your beliefs. I see it more as a yin and yang thing. There's a good practicioner of the mystic arts and a bad one. I don;t see it as an attempt to placate anyone. They wouldn't be in there at all if that were the case.

see

Excellent:
Big Hero 6
Zootopia

Tolerable:
Tangled
Princess and the Frog
Bolt

Shit:
Frozen
Wreck It Ralph

I mean, it's okay I guess.

Only Bolt and Wreck-It-Ralph are the only good films here.

is right. You sound like you've been influenced by too many cynics. The movie is set in old New Orleans, it makes sense that it would center around black people. Making non-white characters isn't some kind of effort to walk on eggshells and please everyone.

Awful lot of contrarians on this board.

>This movie is generally found to be enjoyable and it didn't come out in the 90s so...I HATE IT!

>patf better than wir

im beyond mad

Wreck It Ralph and Frozen are incredibly overrated.

It's called the Disney Revival you fucking neanderthal

>Nick has shock collar
Was this pic done before Zootopia came out?

Good:
Zootopia
Tangled
Wreck It Ralph

Overrated:
Frozen
Big Hero 6

Meh:
Bolt

Killed 2D animation forever tier:
Princess and the Frog

>Are you enjoying the current Neo-Renaissance era of Disney films?
Yes. I didn't like all of them, but overall it's been quite enjoyable to watch them. I think that Bolt is the only one in your image that I haven't seen.

>video game movie
>Scott Pilgrim
It's based on the comic. Obviously.

>I mean I liked pixels
I'm sorry.

wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/4/42/Sniper_award05.wav?t=20100625223056

Besides Keith David and turbo all the villains have been pretty meh. Also fuck the 3D animation.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=aTqHbiE0vl8

It had probably one of the best villain deaths

>Killed 2D animation forever tier:
>Princess and the Frog

You're thinking of Home on The Range. Princess and the Frog was an attempt to revive it. On that level it failed, but it didn't kill it. You can't kill what's already dead.

I agree with everything except BH6 being overrated. Doesn't really seem like many people are in love with that movie like with Frozen and Zootopia.

>The movie is set in old New Orleans, it makes sense that it would center around black people.
Yes, it makes sense.

>Making non-white characters isn't some kind of effort to walk on eggshells and please everyone.
Not exactly. Despite being black the only trait besides her skin color related to blacks was her southern cuisine. Everything else was generic. I wish they had made it based on some cool story about a black girl like they did when making a Chinese princess with Mulan instead getting an European fairy tale and re-skin it on New Orleans.

Oh, hello, David Gilson. Are we getting a Bichon tome 3?

I am thoroughly enjoying it, if we omit the princess and the frog I believe that the rest of them are quality pieces of animation and story telling.

But in order of favourites?
Zootopia
Big Hero 6
Wreck it Ralph
Tangled
Frozen
Bolt
Princess and the Frog

Still haven't seen all of those movies but Zootopia was good and Wreck-It Ralph was great. Frozen and Big Hero 6 were pretty eh but watching them the first time through was still decently entertaining. I like the bits I've seen from Tangled.

So yeah, seems pretty decent to me right now. Nowhere close to that early/mid-2000s period where everything looked consistently fuckawful (ex. Chicken Little) and I think the company's passed that cyclical stage where all of its output looks like a joke.

But while I appreciate Disney for what it is I'm not a huge fan, in the sense that don't I love a lot of their movies, or maybe even any, so '90s Disney isn't BEST SHIT EVER for me. There are mostly just some films I like and others I don't. If I were to give any of them a 10/10 it'd probably be one of the really early ones.

So, what does Sup Forums overall think about Break-It Bob?

Remember that Big Hero 6 and Frozen both won the Oscars because the the jury didn't even bother to watch the other contestants.

Animation alone can't carry a movie

And it didn't. I was a solid movie.

i liek it

>Neo-Renaissance
their products have never been so shit in their whole history, including the rotoscopy poor era. They don't even make good villains in their shows.

For the most part they've met or exceeded my expectations with the exceptions of PatF and BH6.

Tangled takes the cake since I thought it would be crap based on the trailers and it was 5/5

Tangled trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=wCxuxrLNrsw
Between the splash screen words, the horrible Pink song, the cheesy dreamworks hair gags and the one word title it looks like it would be a dumpster fire.

Why is it everything Byron makes has shit advertising but ends up being real good?

That trailer was awesome. If anything the movie is a disappointment for NOT having her do any sweet hair combat tricks.

It was a meh movie. Only saw SJWs making a big deal out of it and even they forgot about it latter.

Zootopia had great advertising. The Sloth Trailer always got the biggest laughs at every movie I saw where it was playing beforehand. And the stars like Idris Elba and Shakira were really pushing the movie hard on interviews and social media.

[citation needed]

CGI shitfests

There can be only one CGI Disney film and it is the original Toy Story.

What did she accomplished in the movie?

It aged like milk though.

Will Disney ever make something like Atlantis again?

>amazing steampunk machines
>wide range of lovable characters
>horrifying battle scenes: you can actually feel for the men who die
>badass villain(s)

The same thing as Yoda from Empire Strikes Back.

I didn't see Big Hero 6 yet, or Bolt. I like Tangled and Zootopia and Wreck it Ralph was ok too since I cried a couple times.

Frozen a shit. PATF is only good for the villain song and I feel like they were fully aware of it while watching the movie. Like the song starts and it's like "Here you fucking go"

Yoda was a character from a preview movie. He was important the first time he appeared.

WiR is the only genuinely good one there. The rest hangs from overrated to average, aside from Bolt which was really bad.

Telling Tiana what she needed to do

Like said.

A "preview" movie?

Oh sorry, I brainfarted and mixed the movies. Anyway in Star Wars Yoda was a mentor and trained many jedis including Luke, Anakin and many others.

The mama on the other hand made a musical and changed nothing. Tiana didn't understand her and left with the same mentality she already had. So she accomplished nothing.

A previous movie.

The first time Yoda ever appeared was in Empire.

What the fuck are you smoking

They could of made her a creole hi-yella princess. Boi did those New Orleans boy love creole girls. Trust me I Know this

Millennial detected.

I am dying to go to New Orleans, it looks so fun. I want some gumbo that will send me flying out of my shoes.

To be fair, Frozen was the best thing that came out that year because there wasn't anything good that came out except from maybe Monsters University and The Croods. I don't count anime because I think they deserve their own category. Hard to decide for the following year but BH6 was solid movie that stood well on it's own even if the story was a bit predictable.