youtube.com/watch?v=4Rg_-CFkZVY
youtube.com/watch?v=233OwqrLvgE&t=4s
imdb.com/title/tt1098226/
imdb.com/title/tt1244666/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Woman in the dunes
Separation
Where is my friend's home

This one was pretty good, it made me pretty uncomfortable at times. It was cool at the end how they revealed that all the characters were real people

Really liked it, I wonder if koreans drop kick people as much in real life as they do in this movie.

English dub is the only acceptable version

youtube.com/watch?v=CE8XKeN0zk4

surprisingly great genre piece here. mainland chinese films are usually so overtly political they get a little tiresome, but this is just really great pulp - though i read an interpretation of it as a study of gender bias in the country that has me itching for a rewatch.

Not a huge Kitaro fan, but I really like Violent cop.

Looks pretty neat, I'll check it out.

Korea is really good at crime thrillers.

>American release poster

Is this part of a series? Where do i start?

Yes or No and Yes or No 2

youtube.com/watch?v=qhXmGOrgFBE

youtube.com/watch?v=4Rg_-CFkZVY

Puella Magi Madoka Magica is a 12 episode anime series. This is the first thing you should watch, it's really good and introduces you to all the characters.

After that, 3 moves were released, being Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Beginnings, Eternal and Rebellion respectively. The movies are a re-imagining of the tv anime series, and is regarded as a literal 10/10 movie trilogy.

TL:DR Watch the 12 ep anime then the 3 movies

Hideaki Anno's Shin CIA
youtube.com/watch?v=233OwqrLvgE&t=4s

Great, thanks user!

This one was pretty good

>asian crime thriller
>its another wideshot of the whole gang walking down the street

The Terrorizers an Yi Yi by Edward Yang are masterpieces
A Brighter Summer Day is great too but Yi Yi is better
someone from here recommended me The Taste of Tea and it's the comfiest movie I've ever watched
Floating Weeds is comfy and good too
Oldboy is good but you've probably already seen it
Chie the Brat and Pom Poko are great overlooked Takahata films

How will they know you are gangsters if you don't show some muscle?

Any one else seen this?

>A Brighter Summer Day is great too but Yi Yi is better
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This is the only cliche I truly enjoy. Usually cliches are a sign of laziness but for some reason it really drives home the idea that this movie is a crime thriller

Forgot pic, wow

i blind bought the bluray three or four months ago and still haven't watched it

>Kino International presents

I saw those dubs

Korean kino I watched recently:
The Handmaiden: purest form of love
The Fake: The Master but with koreans crying
Seoul Station: zombies but with koreans crying
These two last are from the same guy. He is kinda a "mankind sucks" guy so they look very similar. Also they are animated.

>Where do i start?

You don't because it's shit.

Watch this movie

Korean revenge kino

Heard this was pretty spooky, is it true?

Well that's pretty much the movie that established Miike as fucked up guy.
This along with Itchi and Dead or Alive.

Raise the Red Lantern

My favorite out of the trilogy, it was just mesmerizing. This scene and what comes after is just wow...

Killer's motive just being to get some cash for his yacht was a little bit absurd and highly ironic, yet also such a gut punch for both characters in the film and audience

iTS LITERALLY 99% OF BORING MOVIE AND 1 "GORE" SCENE

Sonatine

Dead or alive is not so fucked up like some of his movies like Visitor Q or Gozu

Whole trilogy I think is literally perfect

I think the motive was great. The guy was simply a psychopath and could not feel any empathy or remorse, the reason for doing the evil things was just such a simple one that he wanted to buy a boat. You look for a reason as to why terrible things happen, but there isnt really a good reason, some people are just bad and I think that showed it. I also feel mesmerized by the movie, watching Geum-ja Lee hatch her revenge plan could make me fall in love.

Really enjoyed this movie more than I maybe should have. A lot of stuff happening is really silly/unrealistic but it's kind of creative aswell and is a nice thriller.

Cool action film and one of the must see from korean cinema

It's very good, you should see it
I can't recommend any other movie here since I haven't seen them

>You look for a reason as to why terrible things happen, but there isnt really a good reason, some people are just bad and I think that showed it.
Well said.

>watching Geum-ja Lee hatch her revenge plan could make me fall in love.
Man, I felt the same. I couldn't help but to love her more and more as the film progressed.

I also really liked the usage of colors in the film, how at the end there were less and less of them like they were at the beginning and that went quite well with the overall tone and it's themes.
Also, her relationship with her daughter and Lee's overall redemption was beautiful. The knife scene at the morning was lovely and somewhat funny, too.

If you want a movie akin to Dynasty Warriors, this is highly enjoyable. There's also Red Cliff Part 2

You should watch this

Save The Green Planet and Vengeance Is Mine are classics, definitely watch them, guys!

Watched The Chaser on Friday and that was pretty great thriller in my opinion. Also watched Oldboy yesterday but most everyone who's watched an asian movie has seen that.

Whats the appeal to this pile? I expected yakuza kino and all I got was a bunch of dinks fucking around on a beach for 2 hours

I finally got around to watching 'I Saw the Devil' the other night, goddamn it was a ride, not sure how I feel about the ending, am I supposed to feel like the bad guy still won?
The two leads were incredible, especially the atmosphere the villain has about him.

I've still got New World, The Chaser, My Way, Oldboy, The Wailing, Veteran, I am a Hero and The Good, The Bad, The Weird to watch. Any others I should check out?

>am I supposed to feel like the bad guy still won?
I don't think anybody won, the protags wife is still dead and killing the antagonist couldn't bring her back, the revenge felt hollow and pointless.

True, I was thinking of the ending being kinda crazy

Was the other daughter killed or just left in critical condition

I don't remember honestly, I only saw it once a while ago.

Recently saw:

3-Iron - Loved the premise and the almost total lack of dialogue, 3rd act was odd but overall I would say it's one of the more memorable movies I saw lately.

I am a hero - Japanese zombie flick, kind of realistic and funny, 3rd act, again a bit odd and rushed IMHO.

Train to Busan - great Korean zombie movie

Some others I would recommend:

Handmaiden
A company man
The Host
The man from nowhere
Brotherhood of war
Castaway on the Moon - one of my personal favorites
Mother
I saw the devil
The vengeance trilogy
Creepy
Chungking Express
The Good the Bad and the Weird
A moment to remember - my favorite romance movie
Joint Security Area
The Chaser
My sassy girl
Peppermint Candy

There are tons more but these are some of the better ones I saw excluding the ones like Oldboy that I think everyone has seen or heard of.

So I fell in love with Koreeda's style and binge watched all his shit and now I'm feeling empty and depressed. Is there anything similar?

I would recommend Memories of murder, Mother, A Bittersweet life and Infernal Affairs

Good taste

Nakashima is my favorite director, and I love how absolutely batshit he gets with editing, yet still manages to put together a fantastic narrative, no other director really has that capability, based Chan-Wook comes close, but his films are on the sillier side, which Nakashima did away with after Memories of Matsuko.

As for the movie, fantastic first two thirds, loses the pacing completly in the last, but the narrative still stands strong,

Doesn't have anything on Confessions though, Jesus fucking Christ what a movie.

The Host is a good monster movie.

Adrift In Toky - imdb.com/title/tt1098226/

Fish Story - imdb.com/title/tt1244666/

He's just like us core(Asano's character)

Fallen Angels
Cure
Memories of Murder
Revenge Trilogy
Gantz O
Hard Boiled
A brighter summer day
Hausu
Tetsuo the iron man
all of jackie chan

Super Inframan
Seeding of a Ghost