Am I the only one disappointed by The Darkseid War finale?

I was disappointed by the entire thing

only good thing about this was Darkseid War: Green Lantern #1 :) tears in my eyes at the end

Not really, no.

I was disappointed by the end, but I really enjoyed all the one shots that I read (Shazam, GL, and Lex). The rest of the arc was ok.

I like Johns on things like GL, Shazam, and Flash, but after reading this arc I'm not a fan of his treatment of cosmic god style characters like the New Gods.

Although his statements about Manhattan not getting into a punching match with people give me a little hope he's not always going to be like this

i liked part part one didnt like part two enjoyed gl oneshot

It felt rushed and not as epic as the story it was trying to tell should have been. Sort of like we were only getting the broad strokes and there should have been another book like Forever Evil had.

Almost seemed like Johns was trying to do a Morrison style story than his usual style and it didn't quite work out for him. So I'm a little apprehensive about how he's going to handle Dr. Manhattan.

Well, not really disappointed since I actually enjoyed most of it, but it certainly felt rushed. The battlefield changed so often and quickly, it probably would have benefitted from a couple more issues.

The lasting bits at the end were the only good parts babysied and luthor ruler of apokalips

The Green Lantern one-shot was so good.

>babyseid
You mean the deux ex machina she gave birth to?

I like part where baby suck everyone off their powers

Eh, I didn't hate Babyseid (Darkseid's essence has inhabitted humans before in Morrison's Seven Soldiers and Final Crisis, which I love), but I just feel Johns would never be able to do a story with it well again.

Like, we clearly saw that when his vessel was aged, he was trying to fight off the effects of the ALE, so clearly he has his own mind even in the baby. But I just don't want the next writer to be like "and now Darkseid is totally subservient to to Grail, 'cause reasons".

I thought it was pre good

Having his daughter bring him back, kill him, then look after him as Babbyseid was kinda stupid.

and isn't Big Barda meant to be dead?

Lexseid looks good

Tie ins were great. Batgod was great. The beginning was great. The middle and end were meh.

Overall it was okay. Not all DC events can be Forever Evil good.

wait its over? anyone git a link to the storytime?

>I like part where baby suck everyone off their powers
Except Shazams. I wonder if that mens he lost the new pantheon as well.

Oh the way it happened was retarded but the end result could lead into an interesting story
and now Darkseid is totally subservient to to Grail, 'cause reasons".
Or it could be this I really hope its that first thing I said instead

Agreed. Basically it just needs a good writer that can portray Darkseid scheming against his mother without her realizing that he is doing it. It would make for an interesting story arc, it could basically be the flashback story of Darkseid going around and messing with pantheons when he was young, but done again and not in flashback form.

No, it was rushed due to to Rebirth, I assume

If anything it got better, since the story had been falling flat since the second act. I enjoyed it overall, to me it was much better than Sup Forums gives it credit for. But there were also a few dropped plot points, that can't be denied.

The setup issue was pretty cool so I'm really hoping it goes somewhere.

She joined the Furies again

I'm just disappointed we don't have a New Gods book.

You mean Justice League - The Empty Noise War? Did you expect anything to really change? I mean, they would have killed Clark off irrespective of this particular story-line.

This, it started off cool then got worse

The GL one shot was so fucking good

Oh shit, that's right. Thanks user.

It set up the foundations of Rucka's Wonder Woman run and the new GL book, allowed the return of Wally West, set up something that will probably be relevant in King's Batman run, changed the status quo of the new gods and Offed the entirety of the crime syndicate.