Homestuck

So we obviously all have a best case scenario in mind for the upcoming epilogue, but what about a WORST case scenario? Aside from just not being done, of course.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10341456
youtube.com/watch?v=c-NtKANtd4c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

whole epilogue is just davekat

never happening is the best case scenario

i've lost all hope for hussie enthusiastically updating homestuck to make it great again

john not coming out as a homosexual

best case scenario is the epilogue forcefully redirecting to undertale.com or whatever toby's next thing is and a wav file of hussie sobbing

davekat is the worst case scenario in anything

Why are you so assmad about davekat? Caliborn ships it, so it must be.

>Lord English wins
>Therefore making Davekat canon

>He kills everyone off
>Forces Dave and Karkat to preform vanilla couple shit for him like hold hands, cuddle and kiss for the rest of eternity

>Aside from just not being done, of course.
real talk the epilogue not being planned would have been better, a lot of people came back on 4/13 expecting the end and instead homestuck gets dragged out even further
the epilogue won't fix the problems with homestuck in the same way the extended cut/citadel dlc didn't fix the problems with mass effect
at least if act 7 was the final end people wouldn't be strung along

I like hating it because it makes the fat chicks on /r/homestuck mad
But also because it's shit on multiple levels

In the worst case scenario it would be nearly as vague and wishwashy as the postgame slides in A7

>Fanfic where Lord English dominates people through hugrape and non-con hand-holding
where?

seconding

I don't hate the pairing in and of itself, more the way it was handled
If the pre-retcon Terezi debacle had ended with them deciding to fuck each other and be supportive friends to Terezi instead of burdening her with romantic nonsense, I would've been alright

>best case scenario
There never were any "best case scenarios" for the epilogue.

Let me predict the true end case scenario that is guaranteed to happen:

>Jack Noir and Ms Paint Marriage
>Roxy leaves John for Calliope
>Davekat / Polyshit confirmed
>Davepeta and Jasprose still exist
>last panels are about Terezi looking sad into the sky, but then she sees a light and then the epilogue ends
>no plot holes explained
>Jake, Jade, Dirk and Jane play soccer with Dad's decapitated head

There you go. Now every future hst thread is about Davekat bitching, smug Davekat posters, butthurt Davejade posters, butthurt lorefags, that fucking guy who keeps on posting screencaps of reddit with a tipsy comment, that guy who dumps awful group shot art with the obligatory gay couples shoved in a corner, your precious tripfags were davekat fanboys all along and then a mod finally bans us for good.

he only ships them because he thinks red eyes are a sure sign of alpha maleness and that dave and karkat must be manly bros and battle companions instead of insecure weenies trapped on a meteor with no other options for three years

>because he thinks red eyes are a sure sign of alpha maleness
when the fuck did he ever say or imply this
stop pulling shit out of your ass

>THESE GLASSY RED PEEPERS, LOVELY THOUGH THEY ARE.
is it that much of a stretch to assume that he would think anyone who shared his traits must be a badass like him

>>Davepeta and Jasprose still exist
there's good reason I don't think the sprites will survive, and that's the fact there was two nannasprites combined with hussie's autistic obsession with only one of any character surviving

I wonder if he's actually started working on the epilogue

>what about a WORST case scenario?
TO BE CONTINUED, in the upcoming Hiveswap game!

the fact that im scared this may legit happen is part of the reason why im satisfied with the silent end and really dont even fucking want an epilogue. andrews consistently fucked up the emotional resonance shit. all i want is jokes and time travel and high stakes videobgane shit and puzzles. the meme last words from dirk were fine. no more shitty conversations about feelings. fuck

*hired somebody to work on the epilogue

gotta buy more tampons for iggidiggigypiggy

I miss him.

I'm more curious about how seriously he'll take it. There's every chance that if he put some effort into the epilogue it could be alright, given he has the time to go back and look at what needs covering still both plot and character wise. But I'm not hopeful this'll be the case, considering he seemed to forget how to write half the cast with the last large pause.

He missed so many 8's in the last few conversations that involved Vriska. It makes me wonder if he really did have a ghost writer or if he just forgot that Vriska replaces more things with 8 than the letter B.

He also started giving Terezi apostrophes out of nowhere.

We may never know, both options are depressing.

Worst case:
Even though we didn't see the final fight, we see a crumpled LE body under some refuse
His eyes light up and his fist tightens, indicating that he's not actually dead for some reason

he's just too occupied with hiveswap to pay attention to homestuck, i'm sure

reading this made me angry

what is he even doing? he's not even writing for it!

someb ody plzs link to lasdy thread

Homestuck Reboot when?

strawpoll.me/10341456

someday people will trust you enough to lead them, and then you'll know how much time is sucked up by managing a team.
and by "someday" I mean "probably never you sad misanthrope."

i hope you're not implying hussie knows how to manage people

how would hussie lead his team, walking into the office and doling out compliments

I'm still blown away by how good this edit is

Nope. just saying it takes a lot of time. he has some experience, with the art team and music team, but that's not the same. He's already fucked up a couple times, I hope that's enough.

You guys reckon Andrew has an office?

the worse you are at leading the more time is gonna be eaten up by dealing with the insane amounts of shit you havent got systems in place for. if he doesnt know how to be a manager that just explains how busy hes been even better

I expect he's one of those managers who knows how to do the work, so he keeps trying to do the work himself instead of delegating. Which just frustrates the people who are SUPPOSED to be doing the work.

>WORST case scenario
Hussie falls prey to his own insecurities and becomes passive aggressive towards the reader, using the narrative throne to attempt to justify the ending and short-comings of the story, all while completely failing to deliver a satisfying conclusion that ties major up loose ends and characters "arcs" without coming off as condescending, preachy, or ironic. Hussie then takes this mindset to the grave, never reaching his full potential as an artist and comedian. Worse still, the failure of any future works, if any, are blamed on the rest of the world simply "not getting it," and he's left with no ther option but to repeatedly drag out Homestuck's rotting corpse to secure the current month's grub money. Hussie's malevolent aura of self-inflicted mediocrity becomes so great before he finally kicks the bucket at the ripe age of 110, that Dante Basco's career is permanently stained by his involvement in Homestuck 2.0, an event nervously muttered under baited breath in only the deepest echelons of a draconian MSPA forum. "Homestucks" is bought into the dictionary by IPGD, and some inane quote by Vriska serves as Hussie's epitaph, his tomb a mausoleum dedicated to his second wife (Hussie is legally wed to Vriska during his second mid-life crisis after being confronted by Dante Basco in a Rufio costume). Rumor's of the Hussman's treasure horde lasts for about a day before the world is free from his influence, rabid acts of jubilation and vandalism spreading across the globe like wild fire, resulting in untold millions of property damage. The treasure is never found and Homestuck fans are nervously left wondering if Homestuck is ever truly over until the day they're freed by Death's loving embrace.

>that one fic where Tavros and his bro Gamzee visit Kanaya

Gamzee leaving sticky handprints everywhere
Tavros knocking things down ever time he turns his head.
( pic unrelated. i don't know why I saved this picture. )

what the fuck

let's talk about how doc scratch was wrong about things

>ARquius gets into Lil Seb.... maybe.... SOMEHOW
> so that he can become part of LE
> because......?????

because he had to be?
if you go looking for cause and effect you are going to have a bad time

> he had to be

Why? LE can't grow muscle by himself? Making LE into some retarded clusterfuck instead of just Caliborn was such a dumb choice.

What are some of Karkat's better pairings in your opinion?

>Doc Scratch: I am an excellent host.

he meant a host in the way that he is a good host for lord english's soul

Reminder that this almost made it into Seer: Decend

karkat/kanaya

Depends on which Karkat you're talking about. The actual pre-retcon Karkat or that other weenie Karkat. The guy has a lot of setups that work depending on the circumstances of the character. He has good chemistry with a large number of characters and there's a lot of characters who could offer him a good, stable relationship to deal with his issues without butchering his character with magical meta powers.

Dios mio!

sure if you mean pale

>Gamzee brought some slime pies
>????

I don't

John/Rose is better than John/Roxy.

rose/john/roxy would be better than both

red kanaya karkat is the worst ship

I wouldn't say it's the worst, but they just work so much better pale, by a large margin. There's other, more interesting options for red with both of them.

damn

>The treasure is never found
it's in the skeleton's bones

>liveblogger returning in 30 mins

prepare for hapen

I woke up with my face on my laptop keyboard and this sitting open in Paint
As well as an empty jug of wine and a half-eaten TV dinner
Here, I guess

KARKAT/DEATH
KARKAT/SUICIDE
KARKAT/MY FUCKING 8ULGE

Shit pairing.

>filename not >THE 8EST THE 8EST THE 8EST

Vriska meta-narrative shenanigans.
Andrew (the character) heavily involved.
Troll/kid ectobabies.
Erisol in one panel, flipping us (the fans) off.
Kanaya/Rose wedding.
No mention of missing plot points.

not to condone drunkposting or anything but you were pretty entertaining

Please wake up screaming with ants marching down your urethra.

Gross.
Please wake up to your computer burning in an electrical fire.

>implying a fanatic juggalo wouldn't have transplanted the skeleton into his body

There is no treasure. It's represents how you don't always get what you want out of others.

>STO8 TRYING TO TURN ME INTO A MEME!!!!!!!!

At least freedom was creative.

That's one 8ig 8itch.

Vriska is the second worst at memes.

Oh jesus
I didn't do anything weird did I

a gross? isn't that 12 times 12? I don't know if I have that many KatNep pictures but I'll try.

the meme where we all shove vriska onto the floor is pretty good

No it wasn't, it was trying to be a loss rip-off.

That's fucking grotesque.

do not bully sp8der

we'll be fine

youtube.com/watch?v=c-NtKANtd4c

leave aradias mother alone you monster

Man I just don't get trolls

This pairing is ASS.