Why did Alien: Covenant seem more entertaining than Prometheus? I feel like the editing has made a big improvement...

Why did Alien: Covenant seem more entertaining than Prometheus? I feel like the editing has made a big improvement. The pacing of Prometheus had me falling asleep every 20 minutes. But with Covenant there was ALWAYS something to drive my interest to keep me watching.

Is it time to get rid of Pietro Scalia the editor of Ridley's latest films. This guy edits movies like he's a fucking child.

>Why did Alien: Covenant seem more entertaining than Prometheus?
You are a real fucking joke aren't you? I wanted to walk out of the cinema due to how boring and annoyed I was with Covenant.

These movies aren't scary anymore what is.even the point? They weak scifi adventure movies with some screaming and blood

Prometheus wasnt meant to be scary and neither was the sequel. It was meant to be a sci fi exploration movie and not a 1979 Alien remake

It was edited for people with ADD, unlike prometheus. Covenant is just a collage of scenes and imagery they thought was cool without any real pacing or direction. Prometheus has the superior editing by far.

>Prometheus apologists

You're a poor troll. Not even a shill, just a poor troll. Here's your (you). Prometheus had a sense of wonder. Even though the Crew was less than spectacular. For all its fault. The Captain deciding to save humanity the way he did felt Real. And when it happened my mouth dropped and I was like, where do they go from here. The Repetitive Engineer theme made it all worthwhile, in especially Debris and how it like a glove fit perfectly the scene of the arge Ship falling and then you go, oh shit, and there's these two bugs looking up at its majesticness. That scene alone was worth the price of admission. Covenant is just a shitty movie.

that's also why the whole climax feels so out of place in covenant. it's like from the totally different movie.
but I guess without it ripley 4.0 would've been a completely useless character.

I watched Aliens yesterday and it's laughably bad.

Prometheus and Covenant are much better.

A lot of the things happening in Covenant made more sense and was a lot more founded than Prometheus:

- In all reality, would you place yourself into a pod for 7 years after watching your captain get torched alive before your very eyes? When an opportunity to not do it suddenly presents itself?

- The Medbay scene was also well done, the panic was well acted, and anyone expecting anyone to operate flawless after seeing an alien burst out of someones back, is clearly deranged.

- David made a lot of sense too, if you can make any sense from a delusional and crazy android.

The few parts that made less sense to me though, was how the new captain trusted David, that was kinda hard to believe.

He was a man of faith.

makes it kinda weaker for me

he equated David to evil itself, didn't he?

after showing Oram all his Giger-esque experimentations, he had no good reason to follow David's propositions in the dark and creepy egg chamber; that would've been the moment to keep his weapon aimed at David - especially after he first recoiled during the opening of the egg - and slowly back the fuck up to call his mates or whatever

I get why he did what he did. I hear you but I get why he did what he did. He put his people in that position. He felt responsible. He wanted to make sure it was safe. He had a gun so a false sense of security. He should have shot David right then and there. I would have.

Anyone complaining about "plot holes" in Covenant is a bonafide pleb.

So why didn't you walk out?

My mom would be upset

Why did they feel the need to make synthetics so freakishly strong?

Or why didn't they give specific human members of the crew (captains probably) a "kill switch" that would immediately shut down a synthetic?

I mean, I know it's Weyland, but did they really not think of any contingency plans in case a super powerful, super smart android suddenly went rogue on a ship full of a bunch of squishy humans?

Because you're a simpleton.

the scene with the captain burning up and the crew trying to open the pod was like the only kino scene im o fa.m .
the rest is flick shit
can't wait for the sequel where actors huff more spores or some shit

how fucking stupid do you have to be to not have a helmet on on a never explored planet? Literally could've avoided the entire situation

I had one question that I wasn't sure of.

At the end when David brings out the 2 embryos, what's his plan there? Is he hoping people won't notice the difference?

>they could have avoided the entire movie

Maybe like you should have done if you're gonna watch a popcorn flick like that

As long as the air is breathable you don't need a helmet. Pathogens on alien planets don't evolve to infect humans.

>Prometheus is released
>"this is a piece of shit, the old movies were brilliant"
>Covenant is released
>"this is a piece of shit, Prometheus was brilliant"
>Next Alien film is released
>"this is a piece of shit, Covenant was brilliant"
And thus the cycle repeats. I look forward to the Covenant circle jerk threads in a few years time.

so this is trying to continue the explanation meme tradition that Prometheus started?
Even if they are both shit, Prometheus had better kinomatography.

mods sticky this

Good job being one of the few people online blaming the editing, which is I think a bigger flaw than any other in this film.
The editing was to this film what the script was to Prometheus.

I mean, movies can get better/worse with time, so it's not out of the question that your scenario will come to pass.

this is why ridley scott had to abandon is grand vision for an origins story and dumb his concept down, people like you

>this is why ridley scott had to abandon is grand vision
His grand vision for a slasher movie he made when he was a kid? Sort yourself out.

Aliens today comes off as kind of tropey. Characters are cringy stereotypes without substance.
There's also prenty of inconsistencies for today's critics (i.e. everyone with an internet connection) to pick over.

I seriously hate both the execs who forced Ridley to constantly pander to the Alien fanbase as well as Ridley for going along with it. And forcing his shlock horror-cliche/religious imagery into everything.

>kid
he was in his 40s

>Covenant
>Better pacing than Prometheus

They were both equally flawed imo. But Covenant doesn't have the benefit of being a necessary story, or of being made just to force xenos again.

Everything but the writing was great. But it ruined the movie for me still.

>The Medbay scene was also well done, the panic was well acted, and anyone expecting anyone to operate flawless after seeing an alien burst out of someones back, is clearly deranged.

But what about before that?

>go to alien planet without space suits
>split into two parties
>one inevitably gets sick
>take him back to the ship for medicine
>suddenly PANIC HOLY FUCK WHY IS HE COUGHING OMG SO SCARY I CAN'T EVEN THINK STRAIGHT AND NEED TO LOCK MY FRIEND IN THE ROOM EVEN THOUGH I WAS COVERED IN SICK GUY'S BLOOD OH AND EVERYONE BETTER IGNORE THAT FUCKOFF MASSIVE ALIEN SHIP YOU DISCOVERED TO COME BACK TO THE SHIP FOR NO REASON TOO

>trying this hard to be "smart"

>alien planet was surveyed before hand for WEEKS
>splitting into parties? why not, they had fucking assault rifles? nobody consciously expected FUCKING KILLER ALIENS. Only the audience did, and they are NOT part of the fucking script.
>ofc he does, its a fucking alien movie you fucking inbred retard
>im out, seriously, guess you're some kind of fedora-wielding alien exterminator that can mary sue deal with everything

>The pacing of Prometheus had me falling asleep every 20 minutes
>tfw narcolepsy

Chestbuster scene is cute.

you sound like a snobby rich kid that has never experienced a stressful situation his whole life

yeah, this 100 million dollar movie script isn't written with an audience in mind!

the audience is NOT part of the story? are you seriously this fucking mentally deranged?

it is implicitly always the most important part, because a movie is a product etc. you plebeian
back to your star wars reddit kid dreams

so you can't separate your own "self" from the movies script?

you actually do sound deranged, can you even separate fiction from reality at this point?

American detected.

pleb response with no counter-argument

This new wave of contrarians is amazing...

What type of mental gymnastics do you require to come to this conclusion?

Aliens was made 30 years ago, whereas Prometheus was less than 10 and it aged like milk.

Covenant will age like milk too. Fucking bad movies man.

What about corny ass writing?

The script expects a stupid audience.
It obviously found it in you.

>Aliens didn't age
Yeah no. Sigourney Weaver has a typical 80s face/hairdo etc.

The script expects a sane audience, able to distinguish between fiction and reality.
It obviously did not find it in you.

She's hot so what's your point?

>that sophism
Ugh, just retract your statement about it being KINO when it's a FLICK!

>And forcing his shlock horror-cliche/religious imagery into everything.
his spoopy panspermia garbage would get laughed out of /x/ any day. it's fucking embarassing he thinks this is some deep shit.

She is too old.

when did i claim it to be kino, you fucking delusional pleb.

>exploration movie
>reuse the planet from Alien

just glad that i could teach you the flick vs the kino definition
this is, after all, a thinking man's board

Oram is a fool but being a fool is not bad writing, because not only do stories desperately need someone to play the fool, real life is also full of fools who continue to serve as the inspiration for the character archetype in fiction. Oram thought that his unexpected promotion and the discovery of the hidden paradise were a sign or a message from god. He doesn't fear David like he should because he still believes he's on the right path and that there will be another revelation.

A neat detail is that Shaw's transmission, from Oram's viewpoint, is a spirit guiding him. He failed to recognise Shaw's ghost as a siren whose song lured him to his death. It's a great way to continue the greek mythology stuff used in Prometheus.

>his spoopy panspermia garbage would get laughed out of /x/ any day.
>/x/
>The board for people who claim to have seen bigfoot
>the board for people to post about summoning succubus
Well...

>6 alien threads on page 0

Just started watching it on exodus. Copy seems watchable but the dark parts are fucking pitch black. Are there a lot of dark parts in this kino or should i just wait until a better copy is out?

>camrips

kys

the whole flick is dark as shit my man

Im not paying £10 to go watch it at the cinema by myself. I just watch to see it so i can meme with you guys

it is a dark kino tbqh mfam

Only people who appreciate cinema are allowed on this board. You are too pleb to realize that, yet not normie enough to have friends? You must be actually retarded.

I just want to be friends with you guys. Can you please stop bullying me. I have a lot of good traits to bring to this community if you only give me a chance, that's all i ask

ppl who cant appreciate the art of the kino cam should go back to red d/it/

If you are searching Sup Forums for friends you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

You shouldn't write something like this, not even as internet roleplay.

I would make a great friend if i do say so myself, just give me a chance.
Do you have whatsapp?

you sound like this dumb frog

The Captain literally said "keep the ship locked and stay inside while we're gone." The first thing the cunt did was leave the doors open to talk with her husband.

kek

>what is.even the point?
Because we have to go to space/Mars/Europa, and also find the meaning of life and ayy lmaos

> typical 80s face
you are a fucking retard

covenant was pretty boring desu, more than prometheus

why are the crews in both of these movies so stupid tho?
are they scientists? soldiers? in any case, they do idiotic shit that noone would do in those circumstances, it's so annoying
i liked prometheus better tho