Why are Hacking scenes in movies always so fucking cringy?

Why are Hacking scenes in movies always so fucking cringy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DNLB7bFA_U4
youtube.com/watch?v=-rQPdWwv3k8
youtube.com/watch?v=oG5vsPJ5Tos
youtube.com/watch?v=O2rGTXHvPCQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>"...if I bypass the password by overloading the mainframe I can get into the system in 3...2...Im in!"

>"Sir, we've got his IP address."
>"PING HIM!"

because 99.99% of the population arent autistic perma-virgins who care about the authenticity of hacking scenes.

boizinger!

Because authentic hacking scenes couldn't possibly be kino.

>Watching Matrix Reloaded
>Trinity uses nmap and sshnuke

Fucking kill everything

I'm curious OP, what would you like to see in the scene? 12 hours of some fat sweaty bearded guy running multiple software tools on his Linux desktop while he eats Cheetos and guzzles Rola-Cola?

This is now a technobabble-in-movies/tv-show thread

youtu.be/DNLB7bFA_U4

>Hacker cant crack the password
>" .. Damn! Wait a sec, whats his daughters name?"
> "Daisy"
>types in Daisy
>"I'm in."

Using the word cringe is cringy.

don't worry anons, based Michael Mann is here to save you

Noone cares except skiddies, people who really know about it don't care because it's just entertainment and they know that what they do isn't entertaining to watch and casuals don't really know any better beyond a vague understanding that what they're seeing isn't realistic.

Because real hacking is visually boring as fuck.

> "I sent him an email with a fake link, now we wait."

Truly, the work of next spielberg.

>The only accurate hacking scene has come from a children show about a blue cat and his goldfish brother
youtube.com/watch?v=-rQPdWwv3k8

>I've guessed someones Facebook password and I now think I'm an expert hacker.who can judge if movies are doing it correctly.

cringe

it's funny because that literally happens in Blackhat

director's cut blu ray FUCKING WHEN

>asdfghjkllqwerty
>...I'm in.

i don't fucking know but i'm pissed that i missed it on FX

That's some of the most realistick "hacking" in media, though, especially if they're trying to access the account of some old fart who thinks the computer is the monitor.

Sneakers is probably one of the best.

youtube.com/watch?v=oG5vsPJ5Tos

Member Numb3rs?
youtube.com/watch?v=O2rGTXHvPCQ

What really bothers me is the depiction of hackers. Master hackers are often hot chicks or kids, I'm not saying that's impossible in real life but it's over used in media.

Then you have shit like that awful movie Nerve where the underground hackers base is just a normie party.

>real hacking looks boring
>so let's have non-sensical scenes where people slam the keyboard, some green text appears on the screen and they "bypassed the GUI mainframe"

You guys know there could be a middle ground but almost all hacking scenes in media are fucking awful and look utterly ridiculous.

So they are autistic perma-virgins who don't care about the authenticity of hacking scenes? Ok

Mr. Robot was decent.

These use actual hacking though.

>Password must contain numbers
>Password123
>Password accepted
Suck it IT security fags.