Recent God-Tier titles

ITT: We post recent titles we think are god-tier than bash down each other and argue

I haven't read this, but I did read the original Old Man Logan book and I just posted elsewhere and think it bears discussing here.

What are they doing with him in OP pic?

Old Man Logan is hands down better than the Battleworld Tie In we got, kind of a low bar though considering Bendis, and I like how OML keeps coming back to what is supposed to be his past. It's a surprisingly good title.

Now, my pick, Carnage, I mean, if you told me two years ago that we'd be seeing Carnage slowly turn himself into a Chuthlu styled monster and get involved with lore from the Darkhold series, i would have said you're crazy and we should fund this.

Omega Men was a great ride from the start to the end

>Old Man Logan
>god-tier
Read more comics.

So I fell for the hype and read OML.

It's kind of mediocre. Only really liked the road trip concept, but I don't think it was executed that well.

And it should have been longer.

Why is everyone saying this? Am I the only one doesn't get it?

That issue is not god tier. It's mostly by the numbers with an interesting twist at the end.

>shitty Zemo
>seemingly killed off Jack Flag

"no"

Tom King's Vision is fucking amazing.
The current Judge Dredd serial is gripping as fuck.
Dreaming Eagles and Johnny Red are a wonderful two-punch of Ennis aviation.

No.

I mean I think it's good, I like it, but Vision is just better to me since i find the examination of Vision and his (pursuit of a) family more interesting.

The themes and plot in Omega Men are a lot more.... grand? But I still don't get the hype on that level.

I guess it comes down to the person. I thought Omega Men was an 8/10, that the ending elevated to a 9/10. But I love sci-fi, and I really dug the concept the story was pushing.

This motherfucker. I expected it to be pretty good, but not as great as it was. That BIRDMAAAAN! page is the hypest shit I've read in a while.

Bets damn Lovecraft-based media since In The Mouth of Madness.
I really need to get around finishing up the text-pieces tho, but the old-timey handwriting is very tiresome for my eyes

Who's doing the current Dredd-arc and what's it about? Is it a stand-alone piece or a continuation of a past storyline?

Wrong OML I think

Michael Carroll. It's a bit of a continuation from Blood of the Emeralds, a story where Dredd and the son of Judge Joyce travelled to Emerald Isle to investigate the dubious death of the latter's dad, and ended up uncovering a huge conspiracy between Brit-Cit and the Isle's government. Much shooting ensued, and now Brit-Cit wants Dredd extradited there to stand trial, which in actuality is more of a power play from the brits to try and weaken the already unstable MC-1 as part of a plan to take over. Of course, nobody in the Hall of Justice is in any hurry to give Dredd up, especially since they already have their plates full with a gang of Cursed Earth raiders attacking much needed food convoys and threatening to choke the life out of the city. So Dredd's sent out with Rico to hunt the raiders down... and shit happens.
Also there's another subplot about Texas City offering help with judicial manpower and resources, but it all seems to be a plot to try and unify the three Mega-Cities into a new USA. Much political intrigue, espionage, subterfuge and action.

At first I thought it was going to be a more serious toned series, but I love the goofy, buddy cop-esque vibe coming from the newest Powerman and Iron Fist. I'll admit the art has it's ups and downs, but I like it.

It's a story with no good ending possible. In part it's for the armchair historians and such who assume that the reason for the world's problems is incompetence and ignorance, when really most of the world's problems are real issues that don't have a good solution. It's a pretty clear allegory to the powder keg of the middle East, and how the centuries of history means that there is no solution that leaves everyone happy. Whether this is true or not is part of the discussion, but either way, King is drawing from his time in the CIA for this, so he brings a different perspective to it. On top of all this middle East allegory, it is also a really great green Lantern character story, where Kyle, the GL who always looked for a peaceful solution, was forced to face that kind of hellish situation. He loses faith in both the Corps and God because of what he goes through, and it really builds on his character more than any dead girlfriend could.

> Unforgiven starring Wolverine set in a Mad Max ripoff world with more edge is considered a god tier comic

LMAO

Wrong Old Man Logan, user. This is Lemire's. Not Millar's.

Pic related. Between this, vision and omega men, I'm convinced Tom King is some lovechild of Morrison and Moore. He has all the subtilty of both, is able to write about religious topics without being tacky, and has levels upon levels of meta commentary in every page he writes.

Is Lemiere's run any better?

Storytiming it because it's short and sweet.

Thank you. This is always a good read

collected edition when?
You may like this, but it is certainly not god-tier

Soooo, this is just like when Nova became nova prime in Annihilation so far. Ill keep reading though.

I fucking love OML
especially his interactions with other mutants
are there any other books where he talks to them aside from his old man logan?

Dunno, it's still ongoing right now and it's supposed to run for the next three or so months, so it'll be a while. At best I'd imagine early next year.

Same here about the writing. I had to have another user tell me how they connect the books to Neonomicon.

This is legitimately my favorite page of 2016. So glad I was able to get this in floppy.

> the single ping
God I want King to save GL so bad

And that's all folks. Probably the best single issue of Green Lantern we've had all year. Shame King is going to Batman in rebirth

Yes humans was a black horse

So good

First time through, I didn't notice the Lantern ring here, and when I went back after the reveal, I feel really dumb about missing it

yes

I want to say Grayson, but after the first 12 or so issues they really shit the bed by changing creative teams in the middle of an arc.

>I'm supposed to take a squirrel parademon seriously

The Corps is home to many varied and unique life forms

This has been old-school as hell and I love it.

777/10, would god tier again

>monkey/ape society
>studded leather apocalypse
>party like a rock star
I like the art, but it's every single concept I don't care about, rolled in to one book

Such a great page

Shit taste

Good taste, anons

First he was on a preemptive revenge stint, killing people before they cause trouble in the future. He found Hulk but it was Cho, not Banner. He went out looking for the Red Skull but Cap showed up and beat some sense into him, and then showed him the "memorial" of present Wolverine, and how he died as an adamantium statue. Now he's keeping an eye on his future wife when she's a little girl which is totally not creepy in any way, and the Reavers are after him after hearing he's back in town.

Ultimates has been really good so far and I regret not starting it sooner. This and Vision are really the best books Marvel is putting out right now.

this page here

did he lead anything? i want more old man logan

Fucking yes.
Not only is it the best Lovecraft in probably ever...but it pulls a hat trick with Neonomicon's quality.