slacker

> slacker
> big comic book fan
> no job
> horny as fuck
> Pedo
This guy is the living embodiment of Sup Forums, yet people hate him

Kind of the whole point of the comic is that he's a shit.

I hate myself every time I look in the mirror so I'd say it's pretty spot-on.

I can't even put into words how much I can't stand this series.

>> Pedo
There is literally nothing wrong with dating a highschool girl

>Kind of the whole point of the comic is that he's a shit.
This.

What's the problem with hating him, OP?

Why was this comic so beloved by everyone? It was on so many top ten lists when the final volume was released.

> hello jared.

Not so much a problem with hating him, but a problem with the fact that everyone overlooks the fact that the comic showed that no one in the world is a saint. On top of that, not all protagonists can be Steve rogers, Clark Kent perfect.

It's a charming little slice of life that has lots of references to things people like and genuine character development as the story goes on. I read it in high school and it really resonated with me then, when I was as much as if not more of a shit than Scott, and it'll always have a place on my bookshelf.

That said, I understand why some people dislike it.

Yeah, so? I hate the man who lives in my mirror as well, you want to make something of it?

>unironicaly believing this

This. Finally an user with standards.

If she's 18, who cares?

Jared wanted to fuck little boys and even admitted it to the police

He approached her and was mainly with her when she was 17 retard.

He also fucked high school prostitutes, saying "it's what I crave"

I've always felt that it captures the early 2000s youth culture perfectly and that anyone growing up in it would resonate with it.

Did the pimps of those girls also go to jail, or did the prosecution only go after Jared because he was kinda rich and kinda famous?

17 is legal in a fuckload of places including the United States
So is 16
15 is legal in several first world countries
14 is legal in a few

Your law is based on an arbitrary line just like every other law and if pressed you can't provide any reasonable support for it besides "YEAH BUT COME ON THOUGH"

More than half a decade late to this conversation, user.
>TFW I'm as much older than Scott Pilgrim as I was younger than him when the movie came out.

As long as you care about her and her feelings, and it's not just DUDEJAILBAITLMAO, sure there is nothing wrong with dating a highschooler

Manga format, millennial references, relatable humor and characters, Edgar Wright movie, pretty crazy cross-media synergy (the last book, video game, and movie all came out within a month of each other). It was a mini-Pokemon.

Is it a god read ? Is there any lessons in it ? I heard that this comic was about a nerd guy growing up and there was some kind of lesson/moral behind it.

Not really.

In universe is said to be very attractive. Actually his body was the reason for why he got so many girls.

Yeah fuck Scott, Chau was too pure for this World.

Also thanks OP for reminding me that the Scott Pilgrim game is lost forever despite being released in modern age

>Tfw Sup Forums Never ever storytimes Scott Pilgrim.

>DUDEJAILBAITLMAO
There are guys that do that?

Yeah. Don't be a self righteous dick. Thats the Geist of it.

Why Sup Forums hates Scott Pilgrim?

>the Scott Pilgrim game is lost forever despite being released in modern age
What? Why?

Pulled from the xbla store and psn store.
No steam version in sight.
I got the game but i forgot to get the dlc it hurts.

you despise in others what you hate in yourself. This is a fact.

You're supposed to hate him even the author tells us to in the book.

same. I'm not so much sad to see I missed out on a repainted sprite, but the backyard arena thing looked neat.

Oh, it never had a PC version. Is there no way to bootleg downloaded games on the Playstation ? I would have assumed there was.

for me its worse. I got the game and DLC, but my account got hacked so Ill never be able to play it again.

kind of hypocritical, considering the author seems like a bigger hipster douche than even Scott

>not all protagonists can be Steve rogers, Clark Kent perfect.
>Steve Rogers
>a literal Nazi

He hates himself user.

>This guy is the living embodiment of Sup Forums, yet people hate him
That's exactly why Sup Forums hate him

Yeah, college guys and Quagmire-types.
I used to be one but then I met a special one, I wanna be better for her

>This guy is the living embodiment of Sup Forums, yet people hate him

You just answered your own question.

Why so much self-loathing, Sup Forums?

>millennial references

This is kind of a big deal, as its just bizarre how unwilling mainstream media is to acknowledge some of the most basic facets of what this generation grew up doing. Just once, having a halfway accurate depiction of all this shit that is actually relevant to my life, instead of some boomer's idea of it, is refreshing.

reminder that "PRETENTIOUS HIPSTER BULLSHIT" posts killed Sup Forums

I thought it was the waifu wars