What is the best trilogy?

What is the best trilogy?

>inb4 lotr/ star wars pissing contest

>Lord of Rings

LotR
>star wars
>good
One great film, one mediocre film, and one garbage film. If you consider the other 5 movies, it's even sadder.

Opinions this bad should be illegal

>all 3 lotr movies are equal
Fellowship is better than TT and ROTK

dude, none of those movies born as a trilogy.
Not even Lord of the ring that it is a hexalogy or a single book.

That picture reminds me of a trilogy of doors

Nope

TT > RotK > Fellowshit

Both wrong

>rotk> tt>fotr

This is actually easier than the original monty hall puzzle. Odd are 50/50, doesn't matter which door you pick, unless you want a goat, in which case pick the already open door.

You pick a different door. You learn this in maths when you're like 13 retard

this

Reminds me of the calculus-based variants of pic related, which obscure the brilliance of the simpler puzzle.

How do you know which door is the "different" one when they've been shuffled?

The answer is 15.

Die Hard

no its 60 dumbass

now this is a tricky one

>Star Wars
Go away desperate Disney shill

Yeah, you got it. But like I said, the clever "trick" of the puzzle is obscured with the version that uses complex calculus, since it ignores the one-pint/two-pint part.

I don't have it saved though.

Reminder DH4 is better than 2

>deontologism vs utilitarianism
there is no objective answer unless you solved morality

Depends
Which side has the qt?

Switch the lever and proceed to slowly stab the five people to death for putting me in this fucking situation

Both sides have 1 qt

>do nothing
>lie and pretend you weren't there

Next

Utilitarianism is objectively the right choice here. 5 people more live by pulling the trigger than if you don't.

All wrong, TT is Kino, Fellowship is a comfy introduction and Return is barely watchable garbage.

Let the cart roll then. I don't want to share the qt

Switch the lever to the one-person track, then switch it back to the five-person track so that I have used my agency to kill those five people.

Who cares if 5 people live though?

Survival of "people" is not the highest good.

How do you define the value of a person?

The dilemma implies saving a life is moral. Therefore saving 5 lives is more moral than saving 1.

>How do you define the value of a person?
That's the question of morality that utilitarianism doesn't answer.

me>family>qts with large breasts>>>>>>>other people

>The dilemma implies saving a life is moral.
It also implies that pulling the lever is immoral.

How it this not 16? I'm not good at this stuff

No shit that's why it's called a dilemma.

Oh nevermind I was just blind

kek

>Utilitarianism is objectively the right choice here
there is a completly healthy guy in the waiting room at the hospital. there are also 5 people that will die unless they recieve transplants of 5 different organs, they are all compatible with the guy. there is a shortage of donors and no organs will get to the hospital in time to save sick people. is it objectively right choice to kill the healthy guy and save other people with his organs as well? why aren't we doing it then?

The only right answer

x+x+x = 30
x = 10

x + y + y = 20
y + y = 10
y = 5

y + z + z = 9
z + z = 4
z = 2

x + y + z = 10 + 5 + 2
=17

ya blew it.

Noriko's trilogy.

prove me wrong (you literally can't)

10+10+10=30
10+5+5=20
5+2+2=9
5+2*10=25
the correct answer is 1, bongs like to argue the order of operation but even in that logic parentheses come first, the equation really looks like (6/2(1+2))

Exactly.... So?

double tricked

look closer
two beers != one beer

false.

a pint of beer is z.

y+ 2z + 2z = 9
4z = 4
z = 1

x + y * z
NOT x+y+z

x + y * z = 10+(1*5)
= 15

All things equal, then yes it is the moral thing to do. The reason we don't do it is because we have the instinctive aversion towards killing and sacrificing others. This instinctive aversion is usually right, but not in this case. It's also not rational.

FUCK

Crack open the switch halfway...hoping that the preceding derailment will save them all

You're both wrong. The correct choice would be to let one of the sick people die then give his healthy organs to the other four

How is this even possible to solve? Or does 1 beer glass mean half of the double beer glasses?

>you do not have the ability to operate the lever in a way that would cause the trolley to derail without loss of life
you failed the autism test

Yes. Holy shit are you stupid?

that would be the reasonable assumption, yes

In reality it probably wouldn't work out exactly like that but in this case that's the best you can assume

The last operation is multiplication so
bottle = 10
burger = 5
beer = 2

burger + bottle x beer = 5 + 10 x 2 = 25

why don't you sacrifice yourself to become organ donor then? with your logic everyone that doesnt do it is inherently immoral

What's up with the Fellowship worship and Return hatred that suddenly started on Sup Forums? Is it just contrarianism? Return is of course fantastic, but so is Return.

beer is 1, in the third line there are two beers in one picture

>Return is of course fantastic, but so is Return.
Truer words have never been spoken

>Return is of course fantastic, but so is Return.
Fellowship is of course fantastic, but so is Return*

No you retard
x + x + x = 30
x = 10

x + y + y = 20
y = 5

y + z + z = 9
z = 2

Final one is
y + (z : 2) * 10
5 + 1 x 10
answer is 15

If everyone would sacrifice themselves, then humanity would go extinct. Which is not utilitarian.

Toy Story

>No 'The Dark Knight' trilogy

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

Well, the open door with a goat is pretty different from the two closed doors, so why not open the goat and see if there's a car inside?

>Clone Wars better than Revenge of the Sith
>Mad Max 3 better than 1

> Superman 2 better than 1
> Jaws 2 rated lower than 3
> Jurassic Park 3 rated lower than 2

i could kill you

congratulations you scored high on the autism test

it's an old image, I think it was made before TDKR came out

The Pusher trilogy is the only one that's consistently good

My first guess would be Godfather but goddamn, the third movie suck balls even though it had potential. LOTR was decent but the overall plot is too limited and most characters are even flatter than in the books. So Pirates of the Caribbean it is.

Fellowship was the closest to the source material and compact enough to imply something epic without revealing all the weaknesses. Besides Return was so fucking dragged and anticlimactic. If not for all the Boromir stuff, it'd be downright mediocre.

It's too fucking lose.

>Pirates of the Caribbean it is
Literally ONE good character, and ONE good movie. How can you say something like this?

Matrix 2 wasn't that bad desu

I actually forgot about Barbosa, but that's still a measly two good characters

>Matrix 2 wasn't that bad desu
I would say all three were good movies, but the first one was so cool that it blows them out of the water by comparison.

FTFY OP

>Literally ONE good character,
Barbossa, Jack, Becket, Davy Jones. I count 4. Being overly anal "good" is overdoing for the last two but they were perfectly functional and memorable. Doesn't get much better for a kids movie.

>ONE good movie
They are were pretty fun and explored more of the world and more complex themes while sticking to the core premise. What else do you want sequels to do? The set designs and soundtrack alone put them over the majority of trilogies.

It'd should've been self contained since the whole shit breaks down the more you think about it.

>putting Star Wars anywhere near Godfather, LOTR or Batman

>Terminator 2 not the greatest movie of all time

You're shitting me, right?

Of course not when Terminator 1 exists

Back to the Future 3 is the best one

Actually worse than the OPs pick

man the first back to the future and matrix movies are classics.

easily user, DH4 had better henchmen,better heist and better coopting of emergency services which are all the metrics a good die hard movie should be judged by

make a better one faggot

All I know is Captain America trilogy > NolanBats trilogy.

TDK>CA2>BB>CA1>CA3>TDKR

Here is your somehow deserved (You)

The only person in this thread who passed Algerbra 1

trick question, i drink enough beers to know you cannot multiply them (else i would have done it)

>thunderdome not being blank
shit chart