Tfw Bill Burr on Conan is way fucking funnier than any of his specials

>tfw Bill Burr on Conan is way fucking funnier than any of his specials
Why the fuck does this happen? Its really baffling to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=-za6T901yjk
youtube.com/watch?v=O9YL04v-J5U
youtube.com/watch?v=1ZXYGxrNWbo
youtube.com/watch?v=WWGW_wt9uE0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=40xxPH5pL5A
youtube.com/watch?v=cXZTBwHCMGo
youtube.com/watch?v=MJZP2gsS5VQ
youtu.be/dTWDNIgM2pA
youtu.be/0ZIfGqLa8F4
youtu.be/L7K-kaelQEs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, I feel that way too.
Its probably because the conversational tone of the show makes it feel more casual, like youre having a beer with a buddy and he's just cracking jokes.
>that Madonna bit

This. Standup is often forced.

Bill is alot funnier just having a conversation vs stand up but then again must guys are. If you haven't I'd try listening to his Opie and Anthony show appearances

Burr's entire shtick is basically that he's the funny guy in your group. He doesn't even have crafted jokes like some other comedians, he's just a funny guy.

Even though they do plan out conversations beforehand on late night shows, this is pure rambling Bill Burr.
With stand up, he's been performing those jokes for a year probably and refining them.

I don't know how Conan does it. He's not really funny or particularly good at interviewing but he brings out the best in his guests. Norm on Conan is just incredible. And even though they rehearse a little before the show these guys manage to make Conan absolutely lose control laughing.
I guess it's because he gives them space to breathe.

>Norm on Conan is just incredible.

You're goddamned right

youtube.com/watch?v=40xxPH5pL5A

>That brutal, effortless slaying of Carrot Top
>That not so subtle acknowledgement that the movie being promoted is a piece of shit
>You just KNOW Norm fucked Courtney Thorne Smith after

he's always been like this on conan, and most other interviews he gives.

his new special is...not good. i couldn't even get through the 2nd half, he just seems to be reaching way too much. and now with his daughter...he's just done.

patrice wouldn't have let this happen.

Nice opinion you stole from a video xv)

>ywn hang out with bill burr

He makes it seems so easy, especially when you think like "hey, I could come up with a joke like chairman of the bored off top too!" But then you realize it's not the joke, it's his whole naive disconnected grinning-yet-deadpan thing that he does and how he builds it up all throughout the interview.
I mean look at how Conan loses it after he opens the door to Norm by saying "do something with that you freak" and Norm ups the ante. This guy is paid to control and simulate reasonable laughter in interviews and he totally loses it.

youtube.com/watch?v=cXZTBwHCMGo

Had no idea the chick from 70s Show was such a boring cunt. So weird that 1 person with no personality is sandwiched between 2 people with overwhelming personality

What the fuck are you talking about?

>Bill Burr is funny, check him out
>listen to a few of his shows
>offers 'man at the bar who swears a lot'-tier advice and opinions
>sports
yeah, really good

>he doesnt talk about videogames!!
get lost, nu-"male"

he was great 20 years ago, sure, but his most recent interview on Conan or any shows are just depressing. Slurring, nervous, and rambling. More so than usual. I bet he dies within 2 years.

Because Conan helps to balance out Burr's rants. Conan's comedic timing is excellent and complements Burr perfectly.
Same. I've watched all of Burr's specials. Even own three of them. I watched about 30 minutes and shut it off. It's just not good.

Listening to this makes my blood boil everytime

youtube.com/watch?v=MJZP2gsS5VQ

Boy, did he ever fuck up.

>oh I'm supposed to be nice and helpful to these assholes who are beneath me
Now you know how white people feel about black people Nia

i 100% agree
he is still boring on the JRE show tho

>le alt right nu-neo-nazi face
fucking KYS

It's much easier to just be funny than it is to write and perform funny material. And those segments are rehearsed ahead of time so there's a bit of fuckery going on in every talk show interview.

i think i'd rather have a gay son that's a ho

Nia is the reason why I stopped listening to Bill Burr.

Top kek.
Has he even won a cuck of the year award (COTY) yet?

HUUUUURRRR DUUUUURRRR HE KEKD

Did nia make him shave his head? Seems like he coulda kept this going for a long time it isnt bad.

maybe he feels safer there because nia wasnt in the audience

it wasn't looking pretty in the back

5 minutes in and holy fuck burr is 100% right.

How the man tolerate's her I will never know.

cringe

nigga you serious?

youtu.be/dTWDNIgM2pA
youtu.be/0ZIfGqLa8F4
youtu.be/L7K-kaelQEs

yeah you are.

>"no u!" reply
Hey summer

>calls cringe on someone else and calls them summer

sure

She's a scientologist they're crzy

He didn't read the crowd well, I don't know what the fuck was going on with him at the time. Its like he kept second guessing himself, apologizing and trying to make a new joke. He would then rant way too long for a weak punchline.

He seemed way out of his element in that last special.

>"Go to commercial Louis."

omfg right around that time is when Louis CK was writing for conan.

The opening half was awful, but he ended well. At least watch the sign language bit.

I watched this for the first time yesterday and I couldn't believe it. Norm is a machine.

First two Netflix specials are great you motherfucker

>two
what?