What did you think of The Batman?

What did you think of The Batman?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jikPDpEUJAw
youtube.com/watch?v=4rgKDtueytA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was too soon. The DCAU had just ended not long before that started airing. Maybe if they'd given it a couple more years, it'd been good.

>The DCAU had just ended not long before that started airing
Even worse, the DCAU was still running. The Batman started September 2004, while JLU didn't end until May 2006.

That's actually why JLU had practically no Batman villains, because WB didn't want two versions of the villains being on TV at the same time.

That's really stupid by the way.

Yeah, DC's embargos are always dumb. They're also why JLU couldn't use Aquaman (WB was trying to get an Aquaman TV show off the ground) and why Robin didn't appear on The Batman until its fourth season (Teen Titans was still running).

Embargos seem to be encrouching on the Arrowverse at the moment, they can't use certain characters anymore.

Oh wow, I never knew that.

Kinda silly.

Also, I really liked Barbara in The Batman.

I'd like to see more Joker and Harley interactions like this, with the two actually having fun together. I love power couples, be they hero or villain.
youtube.com/watch?v=jikPDpEUJAw

The Jason Todd of the Bat cartoons

It was shit.

Wouldn't BtB be the Jason Todd of Battoons?

Was the Bat-embargo only for Bat-villains or his supporting cast as well?

Started off bad, got significantly better, then nosedived in season 5. Not as good as BTAS but still has some of my favourite Batman stories. Bat-Embargo was and is stupid as hell.

Barbara's face always turns me on

I liked it

Support cast too. Nightwing was suppose to be in one of the Bludhaven episodes but got reduced to a silhouette cameo on a rooftop.

I thought it was an interesting choice to have Batgirl before Robin, even if it was mandated by embargoes.

Seeing the Joker actually being a competent fighter is weird.

Where'd this meme ever come from? Joker has always had moves. He's no tank like Bat's but almost always holds his own, albeit dirtily.

youtube.com/watch?v=4rgKDtueytA

>disliked from inception
>killed in an incredibly brutal way by a homicidal maniac
>appreciated a little bit afterwards

Well, fuck.

The Bat-Embargo was stupid, but I don't think it severely harmed JLU as much as everyone claims it did. It got a single episode scrapped and robbed Hugo Strange of a bigger role in the DCAU, but that's about it.

Even The Batman benefited from it. They were going to use Scarecrow in a Strange story, which would've ruined the twist ending.

Holy Shit.

really need someone to draw her properly swole

I will repeat it until I am blue in the face. Ellen Yin deserved better.

kek

Unpopular opinion: the second intro was good nowhere near on the level of the GOAT first one but still bretty gud

Cause most people only know one iteration of joker