>Movie ends
>I start acting like the protagonist
why

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diastema
youtube.com/watch?v=leJAPiaCx2c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lmao i thought i was the only one
it happened to me with the wanted movie, i started pretending like i was mc avoy

>movie ends
>I start acting like the antagonist

Because you're uninteresting and weak-willed. Develop your own thoughts and personality instead of copying the movies, fag.

What the fuck have you done lately?

I don't do this anymore because my cynicism prevents me from thinking that anyone is cool or imitation-worthy.

t. person with normie interests and friends

This has to stop happening to me. Drive had the worst effect

>finish book
>start imitating the writing style when i think stuff in my head

Not him but its much easier to copy cooler people than to inflate my terrible personality.

When Logan was over I felt like I could tear apart anyone in my path and walked really confident out of the theater. I hope no one noticed

I want to pet that cat

This.

I do this when I need to roleplay for Dungeons and Dragons.

You're an easily impressionable child who never matured mentally past the age of 12.
Probably a kissless virgin who ii.

>movie starts
>protaganist starts acting like me

It means you have high levels of empathy, and really connected with the movie/character.

In other words, if you act like the character from a film then you're anti-autistic

this
holly shit those threads about becoming real life nightcrawlers were so pathetic

Literally this. I cringe thinking about what OP's doing, even if a part of me wants to do it myself. I recognize it for what it is, and try and place myself above it with cynicism masquerading as superiority.

>movie ends
>start acting like the hillbilly rapist
>cry my self to sleep because in reality jakes character that got shit on like a fat pussy

It's actually the complete opposite.
It's why autistic children love Sonic the Hedgehog so much.

So for all the non-normie redditors in this thread, what characters have you role played as?

For me it's Anton Chighur

>people are either normie redditors or autism

hmm really makes me think

I pick up mannerisms from characters. I spit through my teeth like Bodie from The Wire if I'm alone

>non-normie redditors
that's an oxymoron

I meant neither normie nor redditor, apologies for my poor formatting.

Still want anons to answer the question though.

That's a quite common phenomenon. It even has a name, whic i can't recall right now.

>watch Naruto
>start running with hands behind

>read a book
>The voice in my head adopt the seem writing style

>watch Naruto
>do sexy jutsu in school locker room
>get beaten up when teacher isn't looking

but how

You are now away that peoplecopy what they see and this includes your parents and the parents of your parents and you "so original personality" it's just a copy you got from somewhere else sometime in your life time.

>marathon sopranos
>feel like im a wise guy and like everyone should respect me

for me, it's the mcchicken

>finish watching Prisoners
>start blinking hard when no one's around

>marathon sopranos
>try to act alpha
>parents ask what the hell is wrong with me and tell me to stop acting weird
>go back to beta forever

They told you that because they feared that you could become the alpha of the family

At least you learned your lesson?

This was me for a few weeks in highschool

>read your post
>start blinking hard

god dammit

That actually makes a lot of sense

I don't roleplay as anyone but sometimes when I'm walking outside alone I "feel" like I'm a vague copy of some character like the Drive guy, or Crocket, or some random generic noir detective, or the guy from Hotline Miami (even though I never played that game).

William Wallace

How old are you? I realized I did this when I was younger but I stopped doing it after finishing college and getting a job.

Not OP but I'm 41 and still act like Tyler Durden in public but most normalfags just don't get it

After I finished watching the sopranos I started talking in an italian-american accent for a while (I'm British)

I am gonna go ahead and call bullshit. Nothing personal,but there are way too many improbable things there.

>you being 41 years old
>you act like tyler durden

this. i always thought this was something wrong with me personality wise.

what's the explanation for this ?

I started acting like Jake Gyllenhaal in Nightcrawler for like 10 hours.

It's probably best that you believe that...trust me...

Dont do it anymore but I did up until early 20s. Really helped me socialize since my real personality was a meme.

You are not satisfied with your life or you are undecided which direction you should take in life so to make yourself better,you imagine yourself in another reality without strings attached. You probably wanted to become an actor but you either have no talent or self confidence.

what made you change

Easy, the fact that there's a character that acts that way and people accept that character makes you comfortable because you don't have to act in a way that you don't know how people will react, you just act like that character and assume it's a tried and tested way to act.

Nothing unnatural about it. Its an evolutionary trait. You are supposed to grow out of it once you get your own defined personality, but if you havent experienced a lot of stuff then youre still kind of a blank slate. At least thats my theory.

I dont really care what other people think of me anymore. Got a girlfriend and my own apartment etc.

It's time you fuck off then, normie. Leave this board.

Cant. Maybe when I get a job.. Too bored to leave right now.

How did you get a gf and an apartment without a job? Actually a friend of mine did recently, does your name start with M?

What protagonists would be acceptable to imitate?

You go

No. And I had a job but not anymore. But the state pays out enough money for rent and food in my country as long as you agree to do certain courses and show up for meetings with a counselor.

the goose

>You are supposed to grow out of it once you get your own defined personality, but if you havent experienced a lot of stuff then youre still kind of a blank slate. At least thats my theory.

You are on to something. I emulated a lot of characters until I got some experience in life. For example,I grew up idolizing gangsters and this happened.

>go to the gym
>train with one of the goons who works for this loan shark
>he is busting my balls and I figure out I could do the same and I make a gay joke about him
>guy gets angry and people actually have to stop him from lunging at me
>tells me he is gonna torch my car and find out where I live (the guy had issues)
>they get him out of the gym

I was fucking terrified. I parked my car a few blocks away and I couldn't sleep the first night,thinking that every sound is him. I came back to the gym after a week and the guy just ignored me. Still,I found out I wasn't cut out for any kind of criminal activity and I stopped emulating gangsters. Thanks for reading my blog.

brilliant

>show ends
>realize you've inadvertently adopted Paulie Pointing

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diastema

I have a friend who emulates Ray Donovanesque tough guy and it's cringey in the original sense of the word

>wears suits and shirts everywhere even though he is unemployed
>always acting busy,talking about deals and investing
>says he keeps a bat in his car cause you never know who you crossed
>talks about "eliminating problems" and other similar metaphors (he was never in a fight)

The funny thing is that when he watches a movie or a show about a good character,he alters himself to be like the character. For example when he watches a romantic comedy he says he was always faithful to his gf but if he watches something with a promiscuous character he changes his tune that he is "different night different chick,gf doesn't even know about it". The sad part is that I fell for his shtick when I first met him and slowly began to realize why he only has friends for a few months before they ditch him.

I blame Sup Forums for this

>watch sons of anarchy
>start using "blowback" instead of "consequences"

>much easier
I think that's what he meant by "weak-willed". If you only do the easy things in life you're gonna be and stay worthless.

Pretty much happens with literally everything I do. I dropped out of school because I thought having a degree was too normie

((reason here))
some may display thos behavior but anyone is affect negatively by movies, our brains are not set up to deal with all this information
(they)) are manipulating images to makes us lazier or to buy stuff or to get depressed that we do not achieve anything in life

Start watching fargo season1
>Start acting like malvo
> The guy who i was speaking with was creeped out of me
>Starts beating the fuck out of me
>Now im acting like v.m varga from fargo season 3
> talking about capitalisme and shit in class
>Mfw im autistic

This happened to me when I marathoned batman the animated series and justice league. I would talk like Bruce and I didnt even Realize. I stopped my Self later though.

Capaldi Doctor does that in me

The cringiest shit is when you catch someone doing what you do and know exactly where they're getting it from

>high school
>guy tries to be the class clown
>SPANK YOU VERY MUCH!
>alrighty then!

>watch The Leftovers
>start losing my cool easily and muttered to myself about losing my mind all the time now
>walk around with a pissed off look all the time

How do I make it stop? I did the same thing when I watched The Sopranos and acted really angry all the time like Tony.

>I drive

Remove autism

Light from Death Note & Tyler Durden

>tfw every time I drive at night I pretend I'm the Driver

Me too, can't help it. Well actually I just pretend it's the 80's mostly and that I'm my own character in my own movie but basically an expy of the Driver. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

>Watch Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya second year of high school
>Really like Koizumi and start acrting like him
>Want to be this mysterious but really nice and funny guy
>Act really friendly to everyone, escpecially girls
>Do all kinds of things for various girls, like homework
>Slowly stop doing their work
>Get bullied the rest of the year for being a sensitive faggot

Boy those were some difficult years for me. I try to suppress these memories but they keep haunting me and coming back.

>Act really friendly to everyone, escpecially girls
>Do all kinds of things for various girls, like homework

You should never bend over your back to be nice,never. People will start to hold it against you whenever you stop. I am not saying be an asshole in fact if it's not troubling you,be nice,just don't go way out of your way.

>finish watching Prisoners
>start blinking

fuck, you're really troubled man. thanks god i'm not you, though i ve got one rule: don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 10 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.

>watch this episode again
>user, when the episode ended
>Macaroni and cheese, the plate cleaned
>Neck and beard, at the shirt opening
>user on the toilet, still wiping

everytime

youtube.com/watch?v=leJAPiaCx2c

Who knows, mate
Maybe we hate ourselves so we imitate people we respect.

A tranny?