Does anyone miss 2d animation films?

I like 3d as much as anyone else, but 2d had its own kind of charm

2D is vastly superior to 3D shit

Of course I do. I stopped watching disney now that every movie is CG

Yeah I can't stand the 3D shit, it just seems so sterile

Stopmotion is patricians choice.

Yes, CG movies suck balls.

yes but 90's disney movies dont look good

I miss it a bunch, however Disney's 2D stuff was post-Little Mermaid was never quite so impressive in terms of animation. CG is always improving byt 2D animation is a timeless art. It will come back one day but I think its time as a moneymaker with kids is done. Kids and normalfags think that 3D is the natural evolution of 2D when they are completely different art forms.

3D is more costly to make, but 2D is much more strenuous. CG also gets bigger returns, obviously.

>tfw Disney released Winnie the Pooh right next to Harry Potter as an excuse to downsize the 2D department

anime is still important. it's the last 2D animation that's still released regularily

this

but at least we still have some inbetween

I think 3D only generates an illusion of depth, pretty sure they are still cartoons at the core. 3D is closer to real life forms and shapes. Movies mixing real life and cg graphics like John Carter, Warcraft and Avatar wouldn't be very impressive if their cg was stripped out and replaced by 2D animation.

the 2-D films of the 90's were mostly cg too

You call it "sterile", sane people call it polished. 2D animation also looks very clean these days so it's not really an argument.

Yes, I miss the old 2D.

A shame it had to be Princess and the Frog that killed 2d. I get it's kind of good, but way to fucking make a movie nobody wants to watch.
>write a fairy tale
>set it in basically-modern America
Who the fuck would go see that? At least the characters ar-
>niggers
Fuck that. Adapt some black story, don't blackwash white fairytales. What's the fucking point? Who would want to watch that?

And then the bleeding hearts concluded it did badly because everyone hates 2D and not because it apealed to 2% of people in the US and literally nobody else in the world.

I especially miss the szechuan sauce to dip my pickle into

Sterile isn't the same as clean. Try again.

uhhhhh

>one of multiple explanations with additional words out of context can mean aproximately a similar thing
Idiot.

This movie is so overrated just because it looks great. I mean I liked it and I think is nice for the kids but Caroline is just so much better, and is actually enjoyable for adults too.

cancer killing the anime industry, fuck off

>I like 3d as much as anyone else, but 2d had its own kind of charm
What does that even mean? People love 3d animation more than 2d?

I remember watching Kubo and thinking it was shit. I think my favorite cg cartoons are Rango, Kung Fu Pandas sequels, Fantastic Mr. Fox and... uhhhh. I don't like 3d cartoons. Last really great cartoons were The Lion King and Spirit. Last good cartoons were Anastazia and Tarzan. What the fuck happened?

cg 2d? nothin wrong with it when its done well

for example, look at the intros to jojo parts 1 2 and 3

uhhhh

What the fuck do you think a 'sterile' environment like an operating room in a hospital is? TOTALLY CLEAN.

Sterile has two meanings you idiot, it can mean completely clean, or it can mean your cum doesn't work right or it's 'empty', which i'm guessing is the meaning you were implying.

CG 2d is awful, even worse than just doing normal CG, especially since those retarded chinks had the brilliant idea to animate everything in CG 2d at 6fps to emulate 2d animation. It looks terrible.

You really don't get it? I could go into semantics and explain it into detail, but that's not the point. Sterile is a descriptive word, not the inherent metaphysical property of 3d. Go back and think what the user tried to say.

but he was talking about animated films, not about the techniques, so there's no point in making an argument for well-used 3d in live-action films.

Don't bother with him, anything he says after being BTFO by a dictionary is just grasping at straws

>tfw watching this every day for weeks on end when it came out on VHS

Blame is the one source material that should have never been in CGI

>2D kino is going to become a lost art soon
hold me bros

And don't tell me anime will take its place, most anime animation is slideshow garbage

There's probably a nostalgia factor but yes I do miss them.

Sterile means it lacks grit, character and personality. The star wars prequels are perfect examples of sterile cinematography. CGI movies will always lack personality because they're created by a bunch of hack computer geeks as opposed to actual artists. Artists and graphic modellers are not the same thing btw.

Most modern movies look like assembly line productions now btw, mostly because of CGI and being shot in digital. Nothing sets them apart anymore because directors dont bother being unique. There are a few exceptions like Tarantino films and The Revenant where the director actually bothered to try and shot in natural light as opposed to applying a lame color filter on everything

It was a good movie though and it made money but not enough apparently.

good post

Fantastic Mr. Fox and Kubo were stop motion and the others were 2D, though. Isn't that apples and oranges?

May be wrong to do so, but I label it all not-2d.

Alright, autism alert
I miss 2D and think that as an artform it is superior to 3D, however with that being said I must also argue that 3D makes for better movies. Consider Zootopia: it is possibly the prettiest animated film, and it would have looked bland if it were hand drawn. It would not have looked as alive if they had to redraw the details every single frame. The lighting in every scene, the texture of the fur in every frame-- it just could not have been done if it were 2D.
That is not to say I don't agree with you in many ways. I think Moana could have been just as good if not better had it been traditionally animated, and Frozen would have been irrefutably improved. With the exception of the water physics and a few of the ice effects between the two movies, hand drawn animation would have done the job even better.
I'm just saying that if looks better to casual audiences that don't appreciate the art and could be cheaper, then why go back to the old method?

>anime industry

which is alreay cancer incarnate, so no value is lost